Gundam Plamodel Thread III

'Bout frakkin time. But out of curiousity...why ver. Ka? V was designed by Katoki in the first place. :blink:

I made a mistake i was thinking of the V2

which is a much nicer design

Is this where the idea came for the core fighter, with the arms and legs as separate vehicles that perform Gattai?

I made a mistake i was thinking of the V2

which is a much nicer design

Is this where the idea came for the core fighter, with the arms and legs as separate vehicles that perform Gattai?

Actually this formally happens in ZZ Gundam, with the ZZ Gundam itself (but it probably occurs in earlier series), but it can be traced to as far back as the original Gundam series, with the various parts of the Guncannon, Guntank, Gundam, and G-armour parts.

I'm actually looking forward to this one. Hope for a V2 gunadm too.

PG 00 Raiser ain't looking too bad either.

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2009/10/pg-...-from-49th.html

And I'm still quite amazed at MG Blue Frame 2nd Revised's mobility.

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2009/10/pg-...-all-japan.html

Glad i pre-ordered my PG 00 Raiser from HLJ

Pass on the V until The MG V2

and lovin the MG Blue Frame a must get

Still need to get my PG Red Frame - any of you guys have one

is it good

any improvements from the other PGs releases??? Hey Pete any deals on a PG Red Frame?????

Dam you BANDAI!!

Edited by nugundamII

Wow, MG V Gundam... good addition for the line.

And it makes me happy because the V2 cannot be far away.

That's one to tick off my "Bandai make MG" list.

Now if only CCA stuff could get some much needed love...

Edited by lechuck

Finished Exia for the most part. I still have his other blades to finish.

Exia2.jpg

Exia.jpg

Exia3.jpg

Fun kit, but I probably should not of modified his fingers, he can't grasp his weapon to well. Still though, neat kit once you turn off the lights and watch the GN drive. Of course, the front part where it should shine "GUNDAM" is just a pff. It'd probably do better if the front orb was clear and not green. Or if I didn't put the sticker on there as well.....oh well no use harping.

I'm not a huge fan of the recent Gundam series I've seen, but I love the robots. The Blue frame is amongst my very favorite Gundam model, I like this new revision alot, and will probably get one, but I'd sell an organ for a PG version of that thing. I think it reminds me of Berserk with the obscenely large sword.

For some reason I can't get worked up about the PG 00. I mean, other than the giant plane fuselage sticking out of its back, it looks mighty fine.

you don't have to attach the plane cape. I doubt I'll even build it, I didn't build the plane thing for the Strike either.

I can't bring myself to salivate over the PG 00 Raiser, but I do like it.

3992823520_72c03bca48.jpg

Man that sword's huge! :o

And the Astray could do high kicks too!

Question: What's the general feeling for (Strike) Freedom? I thought that gundam was popular enought to warrant a PG...

Edited by shiroikaze

Question: What's the general feeling for (Strike) Freedom? I thought that gundam was popular enought to warrant a PG...

I just preordered the MG Conan Astry

As for the PG Freedom. I think the Red Frame and Strike are too close the general design of the Freedom to merit a PG.

I have pre ordered the PG 00 and put the PG Red Frame on the backburner. I would like to see a HiNu Gundam or Turn A Gundam in PG version

I think these two would be very popular. Maybe one bad guy say PG Szabi

you don't have to attach the plane cape. I doubt I'll even build it, I didn't build the plane thing for the Strike either.

That's what I tell myself but I think that the real thing stopping me is that it reminds me a lot of the PG Strike. If I had the PG Astray instead of the Strike I would get it; but the colors and even the design of the 00 are close to the way they redesigned the Strike for the PG treatment.

Personally I couldn't care less about all the non-UC MS releases, so the announcement of a MG Victory is very welcome... and the fact that I'm currently watching the Victory Gundam series makes this news is an added bit of sweet serendipity. May the V2 and some BESPA MSs be in the pipeline for release in the near future as well.

Personally I couldn't care less about all the non-UC MS releases, so the announcement of a MG Victory is very welcome... and the fact that I'm currently watching the Victory Gundam series makes this news is an added bit of sweet serendipity. May the V2 and some BESPA MSs be in the pipeline for release in the near future as well.

The V2 is a great design. I hope they come up with an MG soon

Just out curiosity why do people seem to like victory. Is it because kill em all tomino did it. I never saw victory. Is it a good story?

Doubt we'll ever see a PG Strike Freedom, since the Lightning edition 1/60 is close to a PG as a kit could get without the PG label.

I'm counting the days until the 00 raiser. I'm not a huge fan of 00 mecha, but I'm just excited to have a new PG kit.

As for the wiring thing mentioned earlier, Zaku wiring sucks worse than zero's. It's to the point where I don't even bother wiring them or putting batteries in sometimes, as it's a pain in the ass and I never use the light up features anyhow...

It's definitely not "pretty" but it has a more contemporary design. Oh, and you have to see that monstrosity in action. In MS IglooII ep.3, just 3 of those wipe out a whole platoon of zakus and 2 land battleships, though all 3 are lost in action too lulz.

That's what I tell myself but I think that the real thing stopping me is that it reminds me a lot of the PG Strike. If I had the PG Astray instead of the Strike I would get it; but the colors and even the design of the 00 are close to the way they redesigned the Strike for the PG treatment.

True, but I resigned myself to the fact that most hero gundam suits are going to look similar to one another. I dig the light drive things.

No, actually, the Guntank I'm waiting for is this:

Mass Production Guntank:

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/08thmsteam/rx-75.htm

Love how much more utilitarian and less-super-robotish it looks. :)

I'd second that. I'd go for the "origin" version or the RMV-1 Guntank II versions too.

I wonder how long before we see a blue frame/green frame/gold frame repaints and Level 2 Astray PG's...man, a PG Gold frame amatsu would be awesome. Can't explain why they did a PG Raiser though, looks cool, but repaint/remold value on it is nil, I mean what else could they make from it? I'm still holding out hope all the years for a PG Sazabi and Nu Gundam though (Not Hi-Nu crap, old school Nu style PG)

I wonder how long before we see a blue frame/green frame/gold frame repaints and Level 2 Astray PG's...man, a PG Gold frame amatsu would be awesome. Can't explain why they did a PG Raiser though, looks cool, but repaint/remold value on it is nil, I mean what else could they make from it? I'm still holding out hope all the years for a PG Sazabi and Nu Gundam though (Not Hi-Nu crap, old school Nu style PG)

Dem Fighting words

"NOT HI-NU CRAP"!!!!!!!

Dem Fighting words

"NOT HI-NU CRAP"!!!!!!!

Hi-Nu isn't bad, but for a PG, I'd prefer the regular Nu.

As for your inquiry on the Red Frame PG, it's badass, of course. It's a retool of the Strike, and that design is the best PG kit bandai has to offer at this point. And that's fact, not opinion. The frame is super articulated, super high detail, awesome gimmicks. The Red Frame is not as articulate in extreme poses though, as the armor interferes with certain joints that the Strike's armor doesn't. Still awesome though. But if I had to choose, I'd choose Strike over Red Frame.

They need to make more Non-Gundam MG's.

Never been a fan of the gundam designs except maybe one or two. I find them too generic and boring looking. But there is a lot of unique and interesting non-gundam mecha's i'd love to see get the MG job.

Meh. Dunbine kit was cool, but the Patlabor kits sucked balls. Frontier kits are basically MG's though, at least that's my opinion.

I meant Non-Gundam mechas in the Gundam franchise. Like the Geara Doga for example. I know there is a HG but i want an MG version.

What about all the GM variations, R-Gz, Zeon mechs, and you know there will eventually be a Guncannon 2.0...I don't know, I only do PG's and 1/60's now anyhow.

Doubt we'll ever see a PG Strike Freedom, since the Lightning edition 1/60 is close to a PG as a kit could get without the PG label.

I'm counting the days until the 00 raiser. I'm not a huge fan of 00 mecha, but I'm just excited to have a new PG kit.

As for the wiring thing mentioned earlier, Zaku wiring sucks worse than zero's. It's to the point where I don't even bother wiring them or putting batteries in sometimes, as it's a pain in the ass and I never use the light up features anyhow...

Thought I would take some pics of the purchase of Strike Freedom Lighting Edition

It aint no PG. It aint no MG either

Its nice and i dont mind it either but i would have preferred the MG which i just ordered

It has an inner frame on the following parts

Legs from Knee down

Forearms

Head

Chest

Everything else is hollow armor.

it has the same heft as a PG but god awful mobility.

It could you use more stickers too

Here are some pics

post-4512-1255937363_thumb.jpg

post-4512-1255936565_thumb.jpg

post-4512-1255937542_thumb.jpg