Gundam Plamodel Thread III

Well I did buy this fancy shmancy Air Brush Paint kit with the generator thing a migigy thingy and not so good with it. How would you paint it all metallic?

Just a guess but buy some metallic paints? Alcad is your friend...

Just a guess but buy some metallic paints? Alcad is your friend...

no need to be a smartass !

really

Lets see after my long conversation with a Hobby Shop owner. First you need a primer color like white, then an under metallic clear coat then the metallic coat.

If your good then you can mix the colors to make it look real nice.

The average MG Gundam shipped is 75 Canadian

So now im going to experiment on a 75 dollar toy rather then spending an extra 20 to 30 bucks for an already metallic made gundam

Ok i like your logic

The average MG Gundam shipped is 75 Canadian

The average MG is not $75 shipped. It's closer to $50 Canadian shipped, if customs doesn't check out your package. Now, if you use EMS to ship your model, then it'll be about $75. But getting it a week earlier is not worth the extra cost.

The average MG is not $75 shipped. It's closer to $50 Canadian shipped, if customs doesn't check out your package. Now, if you use EMS to ship your model, then it'll be about $75. But getting it a week earlier is not worth the extra cost.

Please send over what ever you are smoking!

http://shop.ebay.ca/?_from=R40&_trksid...-All-Categories

I'm smoking HLJ, as should you. Go to www.hlj.com and check out their shipping rates.

Edit: Ebay should be known as shipping ripoff central.

I have started buying from HLJ. But they are not cheap in the shipping department. Its only worth while buying from them when something is on sale and when customs sees the huge HLJ logo on the box customs nails me with a 30 dollar fee on top of that if comes from ebay its once out of 9 times that happens

In pacific mall a tit Unicorn will go for 85 plus tax

I swear I am looking for work outside of canada and if i bag something for longer than 6 months and i like it im going to de citizenship myself from the country of my birth and become a citizen of my new adopted country.

Dam getting raped here by taxes and you dont get anything in return for it

I have started buying from HLJ. But they are not cheap in the shipping department. Its only worth while buying from them when something is on sale and when customs sees the huge HLJ logo on the box customs nails me with a 30 dollar fee on top of that if comes from ebay its once out of 9 times that happens

I swear I am looking for work outside of canada and if i bag something for longer than 6 months and i like it im going to de citizenship myself from the country of my birth and become a citizen of my new adopted country.

I've been getting better luck with having stuff go by customs. I've recently gotten a GM v2 and Zaku II v2 go by customs, and both were shipped in their own boxes by HLJ.

Let's face it, whenever you import anything from anybody, you roll the dice. And HLJ's shipping is cheaper than the seller you've posted on ebay. That seller is clearly using his high shipping prices to make extra money.

What did you use to build that? I want one...

Hi Excillon,

For the parts, of course the base body is the perfect grade RX-78-2, and I purchased weapons parts 1 & 2. I was able to score on eBay back in 1999 a B-Club 1/60 FA-78-1 conversion kit; I think it was based on the plastic version created by Bandai. www.hobbyfan.com used to sell it and with a bunch of other conversion kits. I also got the Bandai 1/60 FA-78-1 model kit for specific parts and the twin-barrel canons. Now it's just a matter of me putting them together. I'm in the hunt of specific parts for connecting the twin canons on the arms and back pack. I hope this helps.

The Bandai model kit...

4902425013305_01.jpg

This is how the FA-78-1 is suppose to look like...the FIX is the best rendition so far.

3040666525_6dc0624dc0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
HG 1/144 00 Gundam

1220581111063aa5.jpg1220581139568ia1.jpg

Not bad on the flexibility there.

Seventeen pages later...

Man, these HG kits have come a long way... I remember buying my first Gundam Wing HG kits back then and they have very limited posing... then again, I remember hearing that those weren't the greatest

HLJ can be a lot more expensive than e-bay for certain things and when you order from overseas, you will either get nailed by customs or the shipping charges, or both. Since you're a fellow Canuck, try looking here:

http://www.scifianime.ca/

It's run by a buddy of mine, and he's probably got the best prices in Canada, or pretty darn close.

• 2 weeks later...
HLJ can be a lot more expensive than e-bay for certain things and when you order from overseas, you will either get nailed by customs or the shipping charges, or both. Since you're a fellow Canuck, try looking here:

http://www.scifianime.ca/

It's run by a buddy of mine, and he's probably got the best prices in Canada, or pretty darn close.

The prices aren't bad at all, thanks! I may order a few things from them in the future...

There's one other thing to keep in mind when ordering from HLJ (or anywhere else for that matter): The cost of the item after currency conversion: If it's less than $20, you should not be charged customs for it. If you are, fill out the appeal form that comes on the package, and mail it out. I did it when they charged me customs on a $10 model, and I got my money back. It's a hassle, but the onus is on you to catch these things.

just picked up my first mastergrade in well over a year. I thought since it was pay day I'd stop at the hobby store and wha do I find? a fresh shipment of MG's and one of them was Exia. So I just HAD to get it as it was one of my favorite mobile suits in the last few years.

UPDATE:

Okay so after looking at the batteries I got they weren't right. So I went back to radio shack and found them myself, pff fin retard sales dude.

So I got home and I built the GN drive 0_o sonavabitch is that bright!

Edited by Hikuro

Hikuro - if you could post up a review or some pics, or both - I'd be curious to hear your impressions of the Exia. I'm going to get this in soon and am wondering whether or not I should build one given that I'm not a big OO fan. I'm mainly looking forward to the Gouf 2.0

Pete

Hikuro - if you could post up a review or some pics, or both - I'd be curious to hear your impressions of the Exia. I'm going to get this in soon and am wondering whether or not I should build one given that I'm not a big OO fan. I'm mainly looking forward to the Gouf 2.0

Pete

DSC03077.jpg

DSC03073.jpg

Got the wrong batteries. Cant seem to figure out the right ones

DSC03068.jpg

DSC03070.jpg

Thanks for the pics! Look ok aside from the strangely elongated neck... although I guess one doesn't notice that on the HG version...

But still...

I think that metalic coating Nu Gundam is way cooler! :)

Pete

Thanks for the pics! Look ok aside from the strangely elongated neck... although I guess one doesn't notice that on the HG version...

But still...

I think that metalic coating Nu Gundam is way cooler! :)

Pete

Now that im really getting into Gunpla

How do I know if some Ebayer from HK isnt swapping TT Hongli Parts with Bandai Box? I just noticed these TT Hongli brands while looking for gundam reviews.

The scary thing is that I got my PG from Ebay but the box was not sealed.

It would really burn me up if some people were doing this

DSC03077.jpg

Did the lighting on your PG Wing zero work when assembled?

Assuming that's a pg.

Now that im really getting into Gunpla

How do I know if some Ebayer from HK isnt swapping TT Hongli Parts with Bandai Box? I just noticed these TT Hongli brands while looking for gundam reviews.

The scary thing is that I got my PG from Ebay but the box was not sealed.

It would really burn me up if some people were doing this

Idk got my PG from Ebay as well all the spruces said Bandai.

There is a review of the kockoff PG WingZero on you tube.

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

Assuming that's a pg.

Yes they do. It was a pain to run the wires through the neck and spine. I remember there were metal hips and ankles and it is a PG. I dont remember if the spruces said bandai or not. It was a while ago since i built it. So by my description is it genuine? I saw the review on MG TT Hongli for the Hi Nu and the guy said the plastic is very brittle on these kits. My PG Wing didnt have any brittle plastic. In fact the wings feel very solid.

Assuming that's a pg.

Yes they do. It was a pain to run the wires through the neck and spine. I remember there were metal hips and ankles and it is a PG. I dont remember if the spruces said bandai or not. It was a while ago since i built it. So by my description is it genuine? I saw the review on MG TT Hongli for the Hi Nu and the guy said the plastic is very brittle on these kits. My PG Wing didnt have any brittle plastic. In fact the wings feel very solid.

Edit:

Just saw the you tube video of the TT Hongli and the coloring of the shoulder stripes and V antenna are not gold. Mine are yellow which I understand it to be the correct color and no fit issues the beam sabers wheeeeeeew a Sigh of relief

Edit:

Just saw the you tube video of the TT Hongli and the coloring of the shoulder stripes and V antenna are not gold. Mine are yellow which I understand it to be the correct color and no fit issues the beam sabers wheeeeeeew a Sigh of relief

your talking about this video?

I don't remeber any metal in the feet of mine just in the torso and hip area.

I got mine wired and it wouldn't light up :(

took it apart and tried it by directly applying the batteries and it worked but it wouldn't work using the switch.

I figure I cut the wires goofy. I should have used solid wire vs. the wire provided.

your talking about this video?

I don't remeber any metal in the feet of mine just in the torso and hip area.

I got mine wired and it wouldn't light up :(

took it apart and tried it by directly applying the batteries and it worked but it wouldn't work using the switch.

I figure I cut the wires goofy. I should have used solid wire vs. the wire provided.

Yeah your right i just checked mine

No Metal in the feet I got it confused with the MG Nu Gundam

But it does have the metal in the hip area

Hey nugundam did you have any problems with Exia's head? it didn't really wanna snap all into place, specifically the sides....once they're in they're a bit gappy looking, and I spent an hour fiddling around and looking over the instructions and I don't see what I've done wrong, but the head just feels so damn fragile cause of it.

Hey nugundam did you have any problems with Exia's head? it didn't really wanna snap all into place, specifically the sides....once they're in they're a bit gappy looking, and I spent an hour fiddling around and looking over the instructions and I don't see what I've done wrong, but the head just feels so damn fragile cause of it.

No the head is a good tight fit

I think your problem lies in getting the Clear Plastic Piece to go in properly. I had the same issue as you but once i Got that what I would call a data band

into the groves on top of the head to fit the side pieces go in with no issues

I hope that helped

My problem was getting the small front chest plate to stay on so I crazy glued it

Hm guess I'll have to tear the head apart again and take a look and see if they're just not going in all the way or not. it looks okay right now, but one side is a bit gappy and there's a bit of space I think between the eyes and face plate now...which there shouldn't be.

I've got the torso finished, the waist, and the right leg. This is a rather large Gundam...hmmm I'd have to say Exia is about the same height as Unicorn or Turn A perhaps. Now to build that left leg so it can stand on it's own while I build the arms.

I just bought the MG Kampfer.

I really love this Mech. It looks mean and capable. Unlike the goofy Zakus.

I read the reviews it was mixed but fairly positive.

Here is a pic

post-4512-1254964099_thumb.jpg

Im still on the fence about Titanium Unicorn Ka. I just dont see many action poses that it can do in a lot of the review. I really like the mech but im holding off

on rumors there is a GFF MC 1/100 coming ....Is it true. The other reason is if you want to make this mech look good you need to add the bazillion decals to it

since Ka is a Decal nut.

Waiting for my MG Shin Musha Deluxe to arrive. It should be interesting.

Has anyone heard if the MG Sinanju will come in shiny metal??? Im holding off in hopes that it does happen and it comes pre colored with gold accents