Gundam Plamodel Thread III

I think the dust might help in preventing yellowing. I mean the dust is like a thin blanket preventing light from penetrating the plastic layers NO???

PAINT will help protect the kit. DUST will make it look awful. :rolleyes:

And yes, even if you place the models in a glass enclosed display cabinet, dust will ultimately still accumulate unless your display cabinet is hermetically sealed. A well ventilated room (exhaust fans installed, etc.) will help minimize the dust on them models.

I know what you mean. I got mine back in 2003 and I've only created the arms. I've started the legs, but I still have problems finding the time to complete the model kit.

I've also taken a look at the G-System conversion kit for the Zeta. It's pretty badass, but it's standing pose look awkward.

I've had the PG Zeta for years but still haven't found the time to build it. I find stripping the thin wires is a bit difficult.

In a couple days, I'll finally have a few kits I've wanted for a while- namely the new v.2 Gouf (Ramble Rah), and the v.2 RX-78-2. Looking forward to building both of them. Might also be tempted to make a green Zaku to compliment my Char's Zaku.

Now all I need is MG Rick Doms...

Anyways, given the high quality and poseability of my v.2 Char's Zaku and RGM GN, I'm looking forward to these guys - particularly the Gouf!

Pete

(who has decided to collect only MSG, Turn-A and Unicorn kits)

Is that the HG Gegloog Cannon? I've been looking for pics of it if it is...

Speaking of cannons... I've got my MG Guncannon - but I'm wondering... will there be a version 2.0? Or should I go ahead and build it and be content? :)

Pete

Speaking of cannons... I've got my MG Guncannon - but I'm wondering... will there be a version 2.0? Or should I go ahead and build it and be content? :)

Pete

That is not a Gelgoog. >_<

Pete

No that is the MG Rick Doms Chars Custom

THis is the MG Gelgoog ver.2.0

post-4512-1256758722_thumb.jpg

post-4512-1256758734_thumb.jpg

post-4512-1256758740_thumb.jpg

post-4512-1256758748_thumb.jpg

post-4512-1256758760_thumb.jpg

post-4512-1256758768_thumb.jpg

post-4512-1256758773_thumb.jpg

post-4512-1256758779_thumb.jpg

post-4512-1256758784_thumb.jpg

post-4512-1256758894_thumb.jpg

post-4512-1256759144_thumb.jpg

post-4512-1256759159_thumb.jpg

Edited by nugundamII

Yep. And you can mark my word it'll be in short supply.

It's going to be the first 1/144 that I'm going to treat seriously enough to build and keep in my collection. I'm also looking forward to the new HG Unicorns - since they are non-variable, they supposedly have better leg articulation than the MG KA version which is awesome but can't really bend those knees when the armor is on (the legs ARE more poseable without the armor)...

Pete

Yep. And you can mark my word it'll be in short supply.

It's going to be the first 1/144 that I'm going to treat seriously enough to build and keep in my collection. I'm also looking forward to the new HG Unicorns - since they are non-variable, they supposedly have better leg articulation than the MG KA version which is awesome but can't really bend those knees when the armor is on (the legs ARE more poseable without the armor)...

Pete

Size Matters and since this Kshatriya will be my first and only HGUC kit. But dam .....Its bloody expensive. 40CDN plus 25CDN shipping. The designs for Unicorn are absolutely Stellar, Exquisite. The lines are really Nice. The one thing that pisses me off is because of those panels the Unicorn doesnt work well in the flexibility department. It needs some work. Im holding off for v2.0. I wonder who is designing these mechs. They cant be the same bozo team from 00 movie.

I doubt the HG Unicorns will be any better. I think the improvement will be in the 1/100 GFF MC

Wheres my Metallic Sinanju!!!

is this what you were talking about?

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN56318

I think it has way too much on it

The problem with the Kushatoria isn't the price, but the fact that it's totally short packed. Unless I'm mistaken and the HG kit has been issued before hand, then this thing is totally short packed for a new release - and that's going to push up the price significantly...

As for the Gelgoog Cannon - yes - except I was looking for pictures of the HGUC Geglgoog Cannon - not the MG.... But thanks to both you and Azrael - at least I know what it LOOKS like now... just need to find it in 1/144 scale....

Generally though, I agree with you about Unicorn having fantastic designs all around. And I'm hard pressed to explain exactly what it is about these mecha that is so fantastic... I think however, it has something to do with their simplicity...

Pete

1-60PGZ-GUNDAM-FINISHED.jpg

1-60PGZ-GUNDAM-FINISHED2.jpg

1-60PGZ-GUNDAM-FINISHED4.jpg

1-60PGZ-GUNDAM-FINISHED5.jpg

1-60PGZ-GUNDAM-FINISHED6.jpg

1-60PGZ-GUNDAM-FINISHED8.jpg

FINISHED!!

:lol: WOW, was this the most complicated mecha model i've ever done, by far! INCREDIBLE engineering!! it addresses all the gripes i ever had about

the MASTER GRADE ver.1 and then some!! it was well worth it, what an experience!! i've built most of the ZETA GUNDAM iterations BANDAI has ever made,

from the 1985 1/144 MOBILE SUIT fixed-mode original kit, to the 1990 1/144 HG (High Grade) which is the very first transformable (by completely removing the head and white abdomen pieces) rendition of this

vehicle to my knowledge, to the 1996 1/100 Master Grade, which had a relatively perfect transformation outside of having to remove and remount the

shield/nosecone module, to finally this wonder, which has a truly PERFECT transformation that requires no parts removal/swapping, and locks together solidly in both forms!!

i've known about and wanted this model since around 2002, and it was WELL worth the wait!! :lol:

1-60PGZ-GUNDAM-FINISHED9.jpg

Edited by Shaorin

Which Zeta Gundam is that? The 2.0 MG? I've got the 2.0 MG sitting on my shelf waiting for its' turn...

For now, I've started the RX-78-2 version 2.0

Dissapointing start. The Core fighter's wing is really floppy...although...actually...I'm just bitching. I mean - it's supposed to remain in fixed posed and transform and it does that... it's just I think I damaged or nicked one of the pegs on one of the wings making it a bit looser than I'd like...

what a BAD day I've been having today...

But I'll return to work tonight.

The main body seems to use the same engineering/ mechanics as the version 2.0 Gim...

Pete

Thanks for clearing that up :)

I'm now a little bit happier. I've built Gundam's main body. Dag - the skeltal frame is exactly the same as the RGM-79-GM. Identical. Not that that's a bad thing - I guess GM is mass production...

anyways... I really love the hydraulics inside the shoulders....

After Gundam, I'm gonna build Gouf. Then I'll finish off with Guncannon.

I have to admit though, that the longer I own it, the more I like my Force Impulse Gundam.

I'm looking forward to the new Astrea blue frame as well.

While I don't like the SEED shows, I do like the mecha - they're pretty well designed. Gotta hand it to the Force Impulse, but it is a great great mecha and it makes me curious about other seed mecha.

But in general, I'm finding that the recent kits so totally blow earlier kits out of the water (by earlier I mean like...3 years ago)... that I'd prefer to wait and see what new kits from SEED Bandai produces - or SEED related (like the Astrea) rather than reaching back for the old ones...

I do hope we get a v.2 Unicorn - really could use one. The Katoki one is ok - but KA are generally kind of bad. And I'm not talking about the "industrial" outer frame - but the weak inner frames.

Oh well...back to building...

Pete

Thanks for clearing that up :)

I'm now a little bit happier. I've built Gundam's main body. Dag - the skeltal frame is exactly the same as the RGM-79-GM. Identical. Not that that's a bad thing - I guess GM is mass production...

anyways... I really love the hydraulics inside the shoulders....

After Gundam, I'm gonna build Gouf. Then I'll finish off with Guncannon.

I have to admit though, that the longer I own it, the more I like my Force Impulse Gundam.

I'm looking forward to the new Astrea blue frame as well.

While I don't like the SEED shows, I do like the mecha - they're pretty well designed. Gotta hand it to the Force Impulse, but it is a great great mecha and it makes me curious about other seed mecha.

But in general, I'm finding that the recent kits so totally blow earlier kits out of the water (by earlier I mean like...3 years ago)... that I'd prefer to wait and see what new kits from SEED Bandai produces - or SEED related (like the Astrea) rather than reaching back for the old ones...

I do hope we get a v.2 Unicorn - really could use one. The Katoki one is ok - but KA are generally kind of bad. And I'm not talking about the "industrial" outer frame - but the weak inner frames.

Oh well...back to building...

Pete

Youll love Sword Impulse

as well as Infinite Justice 00

Here are some differences and improvement with V2 Zeta Mine cant stand for poo while my PG has no problems being bipedal

m87_103.jpg

m87_104.jpg

m87_11.jpg

m87_23.jpg

m87_c06.jpg

m87_c13.jpg

m87_c14.jpg

m87_c24.jpg

Hi, a few questions from a soon to be n00b gundam kit builder...

1. These are snap together kits - how well do they stay together? Is it worth using cement at all?

2. Should I wash the frames before building / painting? Heard the manufacturing process leaves some kinda residue behind that can stop paint adhering properly.

3. Waterslide decals... I haven't used these in YEARS and can barely remember the right way to do it (if I ever did know the right way to do it :wacko: ). How long do you need to dunk them in water for?

4. And on waterslide decals... Microsol & Microset - what's the difference between these and which should I buy?

Thanks B))

1. These are snap together kits - how well do they stay together? Is it worth using cement at all?

They snap together perfectly. Don't use cement - you'll ruin the model.

2. Should I wash the frames before building / painting? Heard the manufacturing process leaves some kinda residue behind that can stop paint adhering properly.

Nani? Never heard of this before.... Then again - I don't paint my Gundams. There's really no need. ESPECIALLY with kits made from 2008 and up. The colors are fresh and vibrant and perfect. Why paint?

Waterslide decals... I haven't used these in YEARS and can barely remember the right way to do it (if I ever did know the right way to do it wacko.gif ). How long do you need to dunk them in water for?

Dunk them in warm/hot water - and it only takes a few seconds. Dunk them in cool/luke warm water and it takes longer. Generally, when you dunk them, you will hear a "sizzling" sound... You can try sliding the decal off the sheet every once in a while - if it doesn't budge - don't push it but re-dunk it. Once the process is complete- the decal slides effortlessly.

4. And on waterslide decals... Microsol & Microset - what's the difference between these and which should I buy?

Hm.

I guess I'm also a noob because I've never heard of those before and don't know what you're talking about :) Are you going to customize your Gundam? Because usually they come with decals - and not water slide but rub on...

Pete

Basically, the difference in micro set and micro sol is that the micro set is a wetting solution. You brush a bit of this on the model where the decal is going to go, and then you place the decal in place. After blotting out the water or micro set, you dab on some micro sol, and let it "melt" the decal onto the surface. Don't touch it, just leave it be and after a coat of clear flat or clear gloss (depending on the model), it'll look like its painted on.

Oh, and if you're careful about it, consider actually gluing the non moving/non removable parts together on gundam models. They may be snap fit, but glue adds stability to the model. Just test fit everything first before gluing.

I dont like v2's Side Hip armours and Nose cone. It would have been nice to have it rounded off like v1.

And the little heel spur would have been better extended more like v1

otherwise very good

i concur. the pointy "WAVE SHOOTER" SHIELD/NOSECONE module

is too slender, giving the airframe, to my eye, a "guppy" look.

it is clear that, like the 1990 SYSTEM INJECTION HG 1/144,

the MG 2.0 is based off of the Z-GUNDAM's "WAVE SHOOTER" variant,

which is more angular all-around then the "WAVE RIDER" variant,

which has a rounded, larger, more balanced overall design.

now i am VERY HAPPY AND SATISFIED that i went ahead with the

PERFECT GRADE ver. 1.0. it looks far more realistic and well balanced to my personal eye

than any other Z-GUNDAM scale rectification designed before or after it's release...

Edited by Shaorin

Have any of you ever built the MG Crossbone Gundam Ver. Ka or the MG Crossbone Gundam Full Cloth? Been thinking about getting one of them (as well as eventually the MG Gundam Exia and MG Sword Impulse) and was wondering what your opinion of it was.

Crossbone Ver. Ka http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN945936

Crossbone Full Cloth http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN948827

Have any of you ever built the MG Crossbone Gundam Ver. Ka or the MG Crossbone Gundam Full Cloth? Been thinking about getting one of them (as well as eventually the MG Gundam Exia and MG Sword Impulse) and was wondering what your opinion of it was.

Crossbone Ver. Ka http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN945936

Crossbone Full Cloth http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN948827

I haven't But for aesthetics i prefer the Ver Ka. The Full cloth version reminds me too much of the sniper gundam in gundam 0 and the Gundam Scythe

They are small tho. I know the version Ka is supposed compliment the Harrison or blue version of the F91. If its anything like the F91 then ya go for it.

Ill refer you mr Dalong's website for a very nice review and you could always google Youtube for a video review

BTW there are so many gundams that could and I think SHOULD be given the MG treatment

How come Bandai totally skipped Wing??????????

That is a pretty pivotal show. Gundam 00 seemed to mimic it. I so desire a Full Arms MG gundam. Those huge double barreled beam cannons on both arms along with the missile packs come on that's SCREAMING MG!!!!!!!! ALong with the clown face that machine is a machine of WAR!

Also a Scythe Gundam Custom would be nice!

and to digress even further off topic

Bad guy gundams vs Hero Gundams Visual electronics design

Why would the baddies insist on using a mono eye. The two eye design with rear camera makes so much sense.

According to the MS08 Team the Gouf would have to continually sweep back and forth to refresh its cockpit image.