Bandai/Tamashi Nations 1/100 lineup. 2009 takeoff!

UN Spacy

The SHE model suffered in battroid mode.

Hopefully Bandai will make sure theirs does not.

The VF-4 Battroid mode is gorgeous and should look like this...

The SHE model had two different heads, why's that?

all the battroid line-art I've seen has the one with the simple design.

post-322-1220950409_thumb.jpg

On the hindsight, partsforming could be forgiven if the paint doesn't chip while we're swapping out parts (a very simple example would the the pegged canopies of the Toynami 1/100's. The clear canopy's black edges tend to be scratched away). It depends on the pieces that they chose to swap out though. The pegs coming loose over time from the swap sockets are a concern as well. I'm interested to see how the VF100 is going to tackle this issue.

I think the point is that it's supposed to be the VF-4G head (as noted by the tiny distorted text by the top of the left side). The VF-4G has the fin behind the canopy in fighter mode, while the VF-4A from Flashback 2012 doesn't.

Weird, ain't it? None of the VF-X line art or screen caps I've seen have the fin, nor did Yellow Sub's "official" VF-X VF-4 kit, but the Club-M resin kit, which called itself a VF-4G, came with the fin, as did the SHE VF-4G variable kit shown here. Dunno where that fin came from.

Edited by Penguin

That armored gerwalk is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!! Someone please make a figure like this drawing!!!!!

yeah, that's what they should be doing with this line, make the oddball valks that weren't actually in anything, like the armored gerwalk and the stamped valk

That armored gerwalk is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!! Someone please make a figure like this drawing!!!!!

Didn't someone build a cool armored VF-1 model a long time ago. I think he is pretty famous for his scratch builds and one-of-a-kind models. Someone here must know what I am talking about. It was a gerwalk VF-1 with GBP style armor in the traditional color scheme. I remember seeing it on a hobby show review and in Hobby Japan I think.

here's a screencap from flashback and the fin is not there either...

Mr. March...where are you so you can clarify this...

wild guess, maybe it was a non cannon addition to that game that some other designer did a battroid for before Kawamori stepped in for VFX

I guess we'll know what's the official version of the head once Bandai releases the 1/100 :)

BTW, I'll check today how the VF-4 looks like in the PS2 game...

Macross Design Works book has a final(?) version drawing of battroid dated March 1995, that has a head exactly like the "finless" SHE one.

I honestly don't know where the finned one comes from. Somewhat annoyingly, none of the drawings in the Design Works specify a variant (G, etc)---they are simply "VF-4".

The "finned" SD one seems to match a very early concept sketch head. The SD is dated 1990.

Personally, I like the SD battroid & transformation better. The canon version just seems too complex, at least when sandwiched between the VF-1 & VF-5000. Although, I guess that can be used as an explanation for its short usage. It just says "afterthought" to me. I'll have to see what the new version looks like, but I probably won't get it - the VF-4's never been on my short list.

Edited by Kelsain

SW-XAI Schneeblume anyone? :) or SW-XAII Schneegans?

+1

The SW-XAI Schneeblume is my favourite variable fighter!!! It's a stealth shaped VF-1 ;)

If it wasn't part of the advanced program from the 2040's, it could have been the testbed for the VF-1 in Macross Zero. Actually the VF-0 has many similar details.

you mean this one?

Yup, that's the one, but even that one is different. Neat head design, though.

I'm out of ideas.

SW-XAI Schneeblume anyone? :) or SW-XAII Schneegans?

I'd love to see those included in this line.

Didn't someone build a cool armored VF-1 model a long time ago. I think he is pretty famous for his scratch builds and one-of-a-kind models. Someone here must know what I am talking about. It was a gerwalk VF-1 with GBP style armor in the traditional color scheme. I remember seeing it on a hobby show review and in Hobby Japan I think.

december '88 issue of B-club

bclub382.jpg

bclub381.jpg

I always loved the armored gerwalk....and someone whose name i already forgotten on this forums was working on the scratchbuilt for the 1/48 for years but has not seen the light of day. :(

I always loved the armored gerwalk....and someone whose name i already forgotten on this forums was working on the scratchbuilt for the 1/48 for years but has not seen the light of day. :(

It's Rob, aka "Fulcy" ;)

He also modified the v1 1/60 VF-1 so it could have a built in heatshield.

Rob, where are you???