Yamato 1/60 VF-1A/D/J/S v2.0

Dante74

Never understood the popularity of the TV Max VF-1A, I think it is a really bland looking scheme.

But don't worry, Yamato loves you, Yeah!

Graham

Does anyone think that there is some hint to that comment or am I the only one?

Bridge Bunny

Group: Members

Member No.: 2,350

QUOTE (Graham @ Jan 8 2009, 08:38 PM) *

Never understood the popularity of the TV Max VF-1A, I think it is a really bland looking scheme.

But don't worry, Yamato loves you, Yeah!

Graham

Does anyone think that there is some hint to that comment or am I the only one?

If Yamato loves me yeah, then Yamato will give my bland TV Max a Nie Zendradi Coat to wear in Gerwalk mode Yeah :)

Pete

The VF-0S is taking very long to reach the Philippines. Im getting a bit impatient. Might order them overseas if it doest arrive this January.

Your kidding right? Where did you order it from? Some online retailers don't deliver to certain countries. I wish luck dude. There were quite a few stores I frequented when I was there. Did you try Great Toys over at green hills or the one in Makati? There's also quite a few hobby/toy stores in TRiNoma as well.

Your kidding right? Where did you order it from? Some online retailers don't deliver to certain countries. I wish luck dude. There were quite a few stores I frequented when I was there. Did you try Great Toys over at green hills or the one in Makati? There's also quite a few hobby/toy stores in TRiNoma as well.

I've been back in the states now for well over a month, but when I was in the PI, I never saw a VF-0 at Great Toys. I had to trek my way through to some of the shops deep in the belly of the Green Hills beast in order to find my -0A.

Good luck on the hunt though.

The VF-0S is taking very long to reach the Philippines. Im getting a bit impatient. Might order them overseas if it doest arrive this January.

don't worry about the dec. re-issue VF-0S bro... the guy i get it from in HK said there's a lot of stock left and there's no need to worry about it getting sold out... i'm pretty sure GT will get their stocks soon. if i'm right it will be priced around P8,500 (less discount if paid in cash), same as the 0A mr. Fatalist bought. ^_^

Overdrive, Toywave, and HLJ deliver here to the Philippines fine. If you cant wait for local shops like GT & Wasabi.

problem with ordering outside the PH is that you'll be gouged by customs... + 12-15% of your total bill (shipping included)!... or lagay.

Ordered my VF-1D v2.0 from Overdrive... My first order with them, so I hope all goes well. Wanted to order fron LAF but Carlos has been hit or miss lately, real slow at email responses too.

I'm skipping the Hikky 1S, I already have his 1A and 1J TV. I'd be game for a 1A Max TV or his 1J... a Milia would be nice too. Oh, and a 1A CF!!!

OH MY GOD!!!

I just took my 1A out of the box after having stored it while away on New Year's vacation and transformed it from fighter to gerwalk! It had only been transformed beforehand like...twice! And I am more delicate with my Yamato valkyrie than I am with women...and....

and...

ANDD....

it's perfectly fine. No cracks on the shoulders. Durable and lovely. Just like my VF-1S and, hopefully, soon my VF-1J (as soon as it arrives). What did you expect? Cracks? Breakage? No. Sorry. Still in perfect working order with no sign of stress marks or any such rot.

Oh - and the ONE VF-1S I had with a cracked shoulder hinge is also doing just dandy with his epoxy glued crack...

So - yeah. Go buy these guys :) and don't worry.

1D come to me!

Pete

Ordered my VF-1D v2.0 from Overdrive... My first order with them, so I hope all goes well. Wanted to order fron LAF but Carlos has been hit or miss lately, real slow at email responses too.

I'm skipping the Hikky 1S, I already have his 1A and 1J TV. I'd be game for a 1A Max TV or his 1J... a Milia would be nice too. Oh, and a 1A CF!!!

Yeah, they were good for a while (LAF) but after a few mishaps with his stuff at customs and waiting for my stuff like forever, I stopped. Im sure its no fault of his, but still. Overdrive is supposed to be good but you have to pay for pre-orders up front, which Im not comfortable with. Im actually anticipating the VF-1D v.2 the most out of all the releases this year (thus far)

Does anyone know if it comes with its weapon and/or missles?

problem with ordering outside the PH is that you'll be gouged by customs... + 12-15% of your total bill (shipping included)!... or lagay.

That is true, but so far it has never happened to me, only only pay Php 35.00 in customs duties. I suppose its probably just luck, and who is manning the customs office near your area.

That is true, but so far it has never happened to me, only only pay Php 35.00 in customs duties. I suppose its probably just luck, and who is manning the customs office near your area.

you are lucky... i guess that can happen if you can ask the online store to make the shipment's docs state that it has no commercial value or they're used or just samples. i've heard of someone who paid customs around 500-700 for a single revoltech fig!

Yeah, they were good for a while (LAF) but after a few mishaps with his stuff at customs and waiting for my stuff like forever, I stopped. Im sure its no fault of his, but still. Overdrive is supposed to be good but you have to pay for pre-orders up front, which Im not comfortable with. Im actually anticipating the VF-1D v.2 the most out of all the releases this year (thus far)

Does anyone know if it comes with its weapon and/or missles?

I LOVE ordering from LOS but it has been a bit "slow" lately. I like the guy and trust him though and will continuously be giving my business to him when the items are already in stock. I agree with you on not being comfortable with the paying for the preorder up front...BUT....I have heard nothing but good things about OverDrive. And...I do believe that the 1D will come with bothe the missiles and the gunpod. I can't figure out why it would not.

Same here in Ozamis City. been ordering overseas for a couple of years now, and regarding the size of the package. customs only charge me for 35 php ^_^

so that is why some of my friends in Manila, have their items shipped here at my place, they rather pay the shipping than pay for about 2-3k depending on the size of the item.

don't worry about the dec. re-issue VF-0S bro... the guy i get it from in HK said there's a lot of stock left and there's no need to worry about it getting sold out... i'm pretty sure GT will get their stocks soon. if i'm right it will be priced around P8,500 (less discount if paid in cash), same as the 0A mr. Fatalist bought. ^_^

Hey monster. I check GreatToys online message board everyday for new arrivals. They have retailer here in Cebu. 8500 pesos sounds like a reasonable enough price. Im all for it. Just waiting for the stock to arrive.

I doubt that they will since it is for the most part, the exact same thing as their current 1S Roy only with different pilot and TV hands included. Also Yamato never made a TV accurate 1S in the past.

SDK, never underestimate the lure of more cheap and easy money. Think of it... website exclusive weathered TV VF-1s! I'd buy it.

Tampo artwork is always one of the last things they finalize---rarely will you see them until the actual toy is released and someone posts pics of it. Many "final" and official pics from all sorts of model/toy companies are still hand-painted with stickers, instead of molded in color with tampo-printed markings.

Most likely both, as they have been doing with every 1/60 release so far.

Look forward to seeing the pics!

Baka ng 1S 1st run ng only valk kailangan ng fix.

ARRRGGGHHHH :angry: I'm done with version 2. Went to see my 1J thinking about the fix by monster and this is what I saw!!! I guess its confirmed that Yamato never did fix the shoulder. Sadly I may be the first casualty. And just a warning!!! We always talk about not handling these version 2 correctly but for my case I have NEVER transformed it except for the first time when I transformed it to battroid mode last November. It was just displayed in my shelf and never been touched for months!!! :angry:

1J.jpg

Edited by len_d69

i wasn't sure if i'd be modding the hinge pins on my 1J after i had done the pins for my Roy & Hik 1S's (since both are 1S's that have pins that have the fat end pointing in opposite directions, one up, one down... compared to my 1J that has both L & R pins pointing down)...

but after seeing len's pic of his cracked 1J hinge i decided to go ahead and do shoulder surgery on my 1J.

putting some oil/lubricant before pushing the pin out is a must... i tried pushing it out w/o any lube and it didn't budge and might crack if it is forced. i used a precision torx-head screwdriver that's about the same/smaller diameter as the pin.

will sand it down tomorrow... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

pics below:

post-8437-1231685997_thumb.jpg

post-8437-1231686025_thumb.jpg

post-8437-1231686054_thumb.jpg

post-8437-1231686102_thumb.jpg

It's just a small crack. Nothing a bit of glue can't fix. It's not like it's broken or anything. In any case, the best thing to do is to hold the piece tightly if you plan on moving the arm around in any way. Other than that it should be ok.

I now suddenly have the urge for a VT-1 with Misa Hayese

That would be awesome indeed! :D

I hope that these other variants are not only the double seaters, but also custom color schemes as well, like the 1/48 Low Vis Ver.2.

This is silly. It seems to me that this could easily be fixed by Yamato simply using smaller diameter push pins for the shoulder hinge.

Don't get me wrong, I love my 1st edition Roy 1S Super/Strike, but these breakages could so easily be prevented at the factory. Graham, if you talk to Yamato again, try suggesting smaller diameter push pins to them.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron