TR2N

The stages of delight for Bruce Boxleitner.

a) Finding out they were making a sequel to Tron.

b) Patiently waiting for the filmmakers to call him.

c) Knowing that for the first time in his career he could probably name his price.

d) Rubbing his hands together with glee at the realisation that he would not have to take any more "dirty money" from Asylum Studios.

I hope he gets enough to retire comfortably....

Taksraven

Looks like a worthy update. On the visual side, it's already a winner. Let's hope they come up with a decent plot.

I'm not that blown away by the trailer. like EI said, it's an update but the visuals aren't that mindblowing. I just see updated things that were cooler back then. The Iron Man trailer really blew me away and it's just a sequel that has few years build up.

• 4 months later...

Normally, I'd be nerd-raging over yet another resurfacing of a cherished 80's memory, but this is a movie I can get behind. However, I do pray to God that they don't screw this one up. I was curious as to who was directing it and it appears that this is the director's first project, if I understand his bio page on IMDB correctly. Not a good sign, indeed, but we'll see... some people just have "it". They have... "zazz".

Someone please tell me that BT is doing the soundtrack for this movie and I will consider pledging myself to the church in the service of God for all eternity. ;)

d) Rubbing his hands together with glee at the realisation that he would not have to take any more "dirty money" from Asylum Studios.

:lol:

The pre-release Daft Punk tracks from Tron Legacy are flippin' ace! I'm not so much of an electro/dance fan but i listened to one track "the crash" and about 3.40m into it you can't help but feel that this is perfect accompaniment to Tron.

I'm even more hyped about this film now.

GO download it!

Where is Tron in the new movie/trailers anyways? We see Flynn, his son a bunch of new guys but no Alan/Tron/Boxleitner.

Don't want them to give away the whole bag before the movies out do you? Will Tron still be the ultimate trump card? Will he be a way out of date virus ridden program? Who knows, that's all part of the fun of waiting. But with Captain Tron Sheriden involved, you know something interesting will happen.

Hell, I'd be happy if they igured out a way to toss David Warner in somewhere.

• 1 month later...

Speaking about improvements in CGI, as much as I'm looking forward to seeing this, it's notable that CGI is so smooth and lifelike that, for me at least, the inner-computer world shown in the trailers lacks the "otherness" (for lack of a better term) that it had in the original. It looks fantastic and cool, but the old CGI with all its flat planes, sharp angles, abnormal physics (and other flaws) really made for a world that was markedly different fo omthe world of us "Users". Some of that is lacking, at least as far as the trailers have shown. It leaves me wondering whether the sequel's computer world will capture that same feeling of someplace alien, given that the vastly improved CGI capabilities can really reduce the (occasionally jarring) contrast between the live action and the computer graphics. Hopefully they interject some other "that just can't happen here" bits to retain that atmosphere beyond just rezzing up cool vehicles. I'd hope it doesn't just look like actors lost in a neon showroom.

I don't mean this in any sort of luddite, "classic TRON rules" sense or anything... it's just the second thing that came to mind after I saw the first full trailer (the first being "hell yeah, gotta see this").

Speaking about improvements in CGI, as much as I'm looking forward to seeing this, it's notable that CGI is so smooth and lifelike that, for me at least, the inner-computer world shown in the trailers lacks the "otherness" (for lack of a better term) that it had in the original.

But-but....its the world of HD and 3D nowadays! Get with the times! :p jk

Anyway i like what I see but not entirely sure if i'm happy with this being a "father and son" reunion kinda plot :/

I wonder, will Rebbecca Romajn will make an appearance as Mercury?

No, there will be no actress by the name of Rebbecca Romajin in this movie. I highly doubt that Rebecca Romijn will be in the movie either.

Edited by anime52k8

• 3 weeks later...

i wonder if 3D will actually save this movie from being a commercial flop. We all know it'll do well in the "fan" community, but that doesn't exactly equate to sales. Will the 3D be strong enough to drag in the average Joe?

i wonder if 3D will actually save this movie from being a commercial flop. We all know it'll do well in the "fan" community, but that doesn't exactly equate to sales. Will the 3D be strong enough to drag in the average Joe?

3D is actually a turn of for me now. I'm well and truely sick of it. It is an unnecessary gimmick IMO and does nothing to enhance my enjoyment of a film.

Despite enjoying and liking the first 3 Resident Evil movies enough to see them at the cinema and buy the DVDs, I refused to see the 4th at it was in 3D and looked to be full of silly '3D for the sake of 3D' scenes.

3D is now NOT a selling point to draw me to see a movie, it is now a turn-off.

Graham

3D is actually a turn of for me now. I'm well and truely sick of it. It is an unnecessary gimmick IMO and does nothing to enhance my enjoyment of a film.

Despite enjoying and liking the first 3 Resident Evil movies enough to see them at the cinema and buy the DVDs, I refused to see the 4th at it was in 3D and looked to be full of silly '3D for the sake of 3D' scenes.

3D is now NOT a selling point to draw me to see a movie, it is now a turn-off.

Graham

Funny thing about that, this is the only one out of all the recent 3D flicks that I actually want to go see in 3D. All of the rest I skipped :)