Yamato 1/60 v.2 2 seaters

newca

Ah so it was a just got it and must review now moment?!?! I understand now.

Back on topic again has anyone heard of the release date for VF-1D "ahem" Virgin "Load"? :lol:

virgin%20load.JPG

Yes I had to post this again. FTW!

Are the VT-1 and VE-1 1/60 V2 better than V1?

I'm asking because I could get the old V1 two seaters cheaper than the new ones and, to be honest, I'll be keeping this babies in fighter most if not all the time.

We are talking about valks that shine when in fighter mode and Gerwalk. The V2 look great in robot mode and have the tampo but the old ones don't look half bad either.

I know that the VE-1 isn't out yet but still, for those who have both the original 1/60 VT-1 and the new V2, has the upgrade really done a difference?

Edited by Twoducks

On a whole there is no comparison, the V2 is a ridiculously better toy than the V1. That said, the V1 was a very good effort for fighter mode only if you don't care about transformation gimmicks and are a bigger stickler on the shape of the craft rather than its total appearance. From a total appearance standpoint, the extra details and uniform build qualities on the V2 are the easy winner. I'm hoping to do a review of the VT-1 soon so I should have lots of comparison pics for you to judge by (but that's only going to be useful to you if you can wait a couple weeks).

other things to point out are that the fastpacks on the VT-1 v2 are a lot better and the leg armor has removable panels to show interior detail. But i agree that having the v1 in fighter mode isn't a bad way to go. I have my V1 displayed in fighter and the v2 VT-1 in Battroid and they look great displayed together.

Awesome.

It seems that Yamato has gotten around tampo-ing the designation number and U.N. Spacy insignia on the nose and the fast pack leg attachments that were absent from the VT-1 (which, felt a little too plain for me). And are those new tampo prints on the lower leg as well? Seems to me that Yamato is upping the ante with these kind of details. Also, just got my shipping notice for my VE-1 from Hobby Search. Can't wait to give the bird a test flight beside my Ostrich. :D

I placed my preorder with HLJ, and it still not doing billing and shipment notice, but it's already shows low stock. What about others who have placed preorder on the ve-1?

You don't really need to worry about it.

I placed my order with them when it was first announced (5% Early Bird discount etc). Their inventory system shows 'low stock' when they get a new shipment in. I haven't recieved a billing, processing or shipping notice yet. Although I did hit the 'ship my available items now' option in the hope it will make a difference. ;) They won't start processing orders till Monday anyway. Although last time it took them about 2 weeks to ship my items from the time I was automatically billed through PayPal. :(

EDIT: HLJ Payment request just went through. :)

Edited by Tober

The staff at HLJ must be working the weekend the way the website has been updating - on Friday the VE-1 was still listed as "October Release", since then it's changed to "Low Stock" and now to "In Stock"... :wacko:

Meanwhile my order has changed to being processed for shipping! Although I hope the extra things I just ordered managed to get packed with the VE-1 as well...

no email from HLJ yet but I got a charge authorization call from my CC company this morning. checked HLJ just now and it says it's processing, should be here in a couple weeks... oh my god I can't wait!!! :wacko:

What's with the fugly coloring on the front of the main boosters?

It doesn't look like that in the line art.

Since it only appears about 3~5 seconds on the movie, we really can't tell the actual color because Kawmori didn't officially announce that in any linearts because most are black and white.

ve-1-fighter.gif

ve-1-battroid.gif

This is the interpretation of ve-1 from Hasegawa:

VE1_00.jpg

Bandai:

I don't know who did the artwork, but seems like Yamato is missing those red stripes on legs and arms if this is official since it's the earliest color artwork.

VE-1-Elintseeker-box.jpg

ff95gj, thanks for the pictures, can you take a dynamic picture of the VE-1 in batroid mode

1) Without Saucer or antennas in hand, but with supper

2) same as above, but without the supper

thx

Alas... I don't seem to be able to remove the arm "armors". Would someone please teach me how to do it? :(

removing arm armors? SLIGHTLY pull the connecting tabs at the side of the arms outwards?

It's difficult to describe... Let's say the connector thing is now smaller and tighter than the VF-1 arm armors that it's difficult to pull it out.

Anyone with the VE-1, please share if you encounter the same problem as I do...

P.S. I have experiences with half a dozen of VF-1 SSPs and those are no problems.

It's difficult to describe... Let's say the connector thing is now smaller and tighter than the VF-1 arm armors that it's difficult to pull it out.

Anyone with the VE-1, please share if you encounter the same problem as I do...

P.S. I have experiences with half a dozen of VF-1 SSPs and those are no problems.

Same here, they are very tight. And compare with other valks, tho elbow joint and rear landing gears are also very tight on my example...

Love the finishing on VE-1, the light grey is just perfect, love the orange/yellow nose clone, too ^_^