Yamato 1/60 VF-11b under development

I agree.

I don't have much of a problem with the front of the fighter. I actually think it'll look fine when we have it in our hands and view it from all angles. It's the feet and tail fins that makes this less than ideal for me... especially because anime magic really isn't a hindrance in getting those areas right.

Totally agree.

People complaining about the trailing edges of the wings in B-mode not being perfectly parallel is a bit ridiculous IMO. And the length of the torso/cockpit/fuselage looks like a great compromise to me. You can't have a short torso and a sleek fuselage at the same time.

But the feet are killing me. What is Yamato thinking with that toe articulation? It looks totally wrong.

It doesn't even seem necessary. If you don't want to have the feet slide in and get in the way of the landing gear, just make them a little bigger and place the hinge closer to the cuff of the leg. That way the whole foot pivots forward, rather than the toe; which is not hinted at anywhere in the design.

Totally agree.

People complaining about the trailing edges of the wings in B-mode not being perfectly parallel is a bit ridiculous IMO. And the length of the torso/cockpit/fuselage looks like a great compromise to me. You can't have a short torso and a sleek fuselage at the same time.

But the feet are killing me. What is Yamato thinking with that toe articulation? It looks totally wrong.

yup~

The feet kinda looks like the vf-27's or the sv-51's only without the third toe.

I would have even been okay with the size if they scrapped the toe articulation and put less of an extreme arch on bottom of the front half of the foot.

Not a deal killer.... but definitely a bummer that simple stuff like failing to improve on the tail fin size, making the feet look awkward, and the why they decided to revert back to the chicken hands mar what IMO, could have been the most ALL AROUND anime accurate valk of the new 1/60 Mac plus line.

If it's already in the colored prototype stage like this, I'm afraid the only changes possible at this point is color... which... is pretty spot on. :blink:

Edited by Nani?!

Just wanted to say first Hi to Macrossworld,

I've look in this thread, and I'm just wondering has there been an estimated timeframe as to when the 1/60 VF-11b is going to be release next year? Cause I just wanted to make sure that it doesnt coincide with the release of transformers masterpiece Grimlock (OFF TOPIC) cause I pre-ordered 4....

Thanks

4 Grimlocks? wow, i'm feeling guilty pre-orderring just 1 :p Get only 3 Grims if he 11 comes out same time. :D

I know.... Im planning on getting 2 or 3 VF-11b whens it comes out. So hopefully it will be at least a month apart. Sometimes collecting things that you want will hurt the wallet as you probably know :D

I sincerely believe Yamato bases their business ops on that of modern software companies: release something that's good enough (or slightly imperfect) and then sell upgrades to the customer base. After the immensely improved YF-19 (bar the too-tight neck lock), and the seemingly 'perfect' YF-21, they really didn't have to try too hard for the VF-11... if it looks 60-70% more refined and 'in-character' with the 2 big ones, then fans will grumble and still pay for it. That leaves the opportunity for another improvement in the future... possibly with bigger tailfins, etc. It isn't a 'conspiracy' by any means... just business.

Just wanted to say first Hi to Macrossworld,

I've look in this thread, and I'm just wondering has there been an estimated timeframe as to when the 1/60 VF-11b is going to be release next year? Cause I just wanted to make sure that it doesnt coincide with the release of transformers masterpiece Grimlock (OFF TOPIC) cause I pre-ordered 4....

Thanks

Grimlock is due out in march, i doubt the VF-11 will come that early.

I would also add to that that it would make more sense to pre-order 4 VF-11Bs. Grimlock is one character and you really have no need for four of them...

But 4 VF-11bs would be a cool fleet :)

Pete

I think 2 or 3 is enough VF-11b for me, most likely 3 though. Im not sure what the price is but Im guessing it would be around +/- 200 so for 4 VF-11 is a lot to swallow right now...who knows what happens a couple of months from now.... but im setting aside some money for both. I collect certain transformers and macross toys, far from a completist, I try to buy what I like if my budget allows for it... thats not a lot :D lol

where do you guys store all this vf's???

We actually found a giant temperature controlled warehouse out in the desert. Had a couple of high-end sports cars in there as well as several thousand valks. We sell off the cars now and then to pay the lease on the warehouse and divided up the valks amongst ourselves.

:p

I remember that guy... claimed he had warehouses of Italian marble or something also. Who was it? Lord Kungfu?

Not to go off topic to much but heres some answers to Nicks questions:

1) I do not pay $150 to $200 for my valks. Do you really think with the volume that I buy, that I would pay retail. I have no middlemen and have contacts and buy factory direct. Yamato loves me, they would not dare make me pay retail or even wholsale. Like the old saying goes: Money talks.

2) I have over 1000 pieces of 1/48 valks. Its not impossible when you have enough cash.

3) I do not have pics. I do not even see 98% of the stuff I buy. I have warehouses for all this is stuff and employees that handle all of this. I purchase all this stuff under a corporate account for asset building and inventory. So I buy the stuff, its get shipped to long beach, then straight to the warehouse. Though most people think Im crazy, but it will build my networth. I also import Italian marble amongst other items that I predict will gain value over time. I also like to support companies that are making things I like. So even if the yamatos end up not being a great investment, I like them anyway.

Edited by jenius

I remember that guy... claimed he had warehouses of Italian marble or something also. Who was it? Lord Kungfu?

yeah, that's the guy. At the end he was accusing people of being racists for not believing him. He also claimed to own a ferrari or a lambo or was it both?

That's nothing!

My cousin is the brother of the uncle of the daughter of a guy who had a temo job in a Chinese factory making Yamato products in 2007. While he was there, he hooked me up, and in exchange for access to a lucrative drilling operation in Zimbabwe (the shares to which I won through the good fortune of being the one thousandth person to open a websit dedicated to sugar cane while reasearching the subject), I managed to gain access to all of Yamatos molds; which were copied and shipped to me via Russian express train, through Mongolia and then by Submarine from a military base in Kalingrad. The molds were then used as the basis for the production of my Valkyrie collection; produced here in Poland by Vietnamese labororers working out of a basement in a new Opel car factory in the southern part of the country.

That and Pamela Anderson's children are actually all mine.

Pete

Back on topic!

I think, with the color of the heat shield, Yamato could make a cannon fodder scheme really easily on this guy. Wouldn't even really require that much more masking!

VF-11FodderScheme1.jpg

... okay, a little silly. But really, a giant glowing hotspot that tells the enemy "I'M HERE!" can't inspire a lot of confidence in the poor sods who have to pilot the 11s ^_^

Well - I guess Macross Plus has to be praised for showing the VF-11B actually making mincemeat of the enemy. You would think, judging by Macross 7, that the valkyrie did indeed exist only for the purpsoe of blowing up...

Pete

I wonder if Yamato will make the gunpod like the YF-19 with changeable magazine and if it will bring extra magazines to clip on the heatshield, would be a nice add on and easy to put since the magazines are just round circles instead of the YF-19 triangle shape thng

Well - I guess Macross Plus has to be praised for showing the VF-11B actually making mincemeat of the enemy. You would think, judging by Macross 7, that the valkyrie did indeed exist only for the purpsoe of blowing up...

Pete

Ah but that was the VF-11C in Macross 7. That was the cheap knock off model. VF-11B is good one with the bayonet and all.

Ah but that was the VF-11C in Macross 7. That was the cheap knock off model. VF-11B is good one with the bayonet and all.

What's that old saying? There are no bad valkyries, just bad pilots?

Maybe the Macross 7 fleet had several squadrons of pilots trained specifically to be cannon fodder and they just happened to be REALLY good at their job. Or maybe it's just one guy that's good at that and they cloned him many times for this purpose... because I could swear the varautan forces spiritia drain the same guy over and over again throughout the various episodes. :rolleyes: