Yamato 1/60 VF-11b under development

The question as to what is next after this... Well there still isn't a VF-0D. Big IF, if Yamato has the license still for VFX2, then they arguably can make the VF-11 Protect Armor, the VF-17, the VA-3, and the hijacked Battle 13. Battle 13 I don't think is very likely. Who knows what else they can do, considering that they made the fixed modes 1/200 VF-9 as part of their trading figure sets.

Want to see more pictures. :D

I lean more towards the VF-0D coming next then VF-0 Reaction Armour and then VF-11 Protective Armour. It's a good thing that Yamato hasn't show us much of what they are doing on the VF-11 only because it allows them to use their creative process and show a finished prototype instead of a step-by-step process that get's bashed all the way through to a prototype.

If Yamato decides on making more variable designs they should really kill off the 1/60 V2 and pursue other never before made mecha from Macross. Lord knows there are plenty great designs to choose from.

Plus, there is a plethora of Destroids and Enemy Mecha to build.

I for one would love to see a MK1 from Macross Zero in 1/100. That sucker is all business.

With bandai at the other side of the competition of macross toys one can hope Yamato will release this new VF-11b with a stand and at a much more acceptable price say around $140 or less. Their new VF-1 cost around $150 shipped and that was loaded with stuff. Wishful thinking Yamato.

The 0D is still one major one to come. Everything else will be repaints and add ons. Not that theres anything wrong with that!

As for the heatshield: Im gonna go with the push down cockpit idea that was mentioned. What worries me is getting it back out after u push it in....

Oh come now, they're not out of Valks yet, we still have the VF-4 afterall. ^_^

After that though, I think I'll just go back to hoping for a 1/48 YF-19 and YF-21, or at least a YF-19 that doesn't look like it swallowed a horse. <_<

That heat shield mechanism does look rather innovative though, I can't way to see how it works. The cockpit probably doesn't rotate like a Joke Machine, since it comes out entirely, and you can see from the shot that it's an angular shape... but I wonder if the bottom of the cockpit pod isn't actually the heat shield, and you just pull the cockpit out and flip it over. I don't think that's the case, and I hope the shield slides in from the nose, but either way this is looking good. :)

Edited by Chronocidal

The question as to what is next after this... Well there still isn't a VF-0D. Big IF, if Yamato has the license still for VFX2, then they arguably can make the VF-11 Protect Armor, the VF-17, the VA-3, and the hijacked Battle 13. Battle 13 I don't think is very likely. Who knows what else they can do, considering that they made the fixed modes 1/200 VF-9 as part of their trading figure sets.

Reactive

VF-11 Prot. Armour

VF-11 Boosters

X-9!!!!

VF-0D

Any of those and i'll be extrememly happy. :D

Whats that?

I was actually refering to this http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00062

Oh the Fold + FP combo? Super? :p The heavy Arms platform is the menacing weapon Isamu used to make mince meat of an old Monster II.

Sorry haven't time to find a pic link, it is somewhere on the forum though with a search...i think.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

It's so tempting to copy and paste someone's complaints on the DX VF-25 and paste them into my own words here about the VF-11, because honestly I think I have the exact same problems people have mentioned for that model with this one. The jetmode proportions are ... well... it's not pretty. The nosecone, especially. Small tailfins I could get over, but the front of the jet looks ... words ... just fail me. Grargh.

/e goes off to cleanse the still-ringing rants of model railroad foamers from his ears with alcohol

Edited by QuinJester

I hope it's been extremely squashed then. As-is it looks way too chunky.

I shall control my TMJ for now.

I'm hoping the same thing, that the fighter mode is longer and not as stumpy looking. Like I've said in the DX thread, I mainly care for the fighter mode and the vf-11 has a very distinctive look to it and the picture we've seen really fails to capture that, imo. Battroid looks very good though... other than the head being a little small it looks amazingly close to the line art.

The VF-11 is one of my favorite valkyrie designs, especially the fighter mode. The vertical stabilizers(tail fins) are big and distinct on the line art and in the anime, yes there is anime magic involved in the transformation, but again it's already been described how this can work. This does not seem like the huge jump in design that both the 1/60 YF-21 and YF-19 had over their previous 1/72 incarnations. The tailfins are proportionally bigger than they were on the 1/72(68 actually), but still look too small. I hope the image is just playing tricks on my eye, but sadly even if we see an unsquashed image I doubt it will make the tailfins look any taller, just a bit wider. The nose would look better unsquashed, but the tail fins, not so much. Imagine the VF-1 1/60 with tailfins with an accurate shape, but cut in half.

That is a really bad squashed up pic. Looks like it's been photoshopped to make it all squashed looking. Real thing looks 10x better.

Graham

I missed his post! Had to go back and look for it. Posted for relieving the worries. Thanks G-Man!

Same as before with the stubby nosed SV-51 Ivanov so call scan ages ago? remember?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

here's how I think the heat shield will work:

ok, first you pull the cockpit out entirely. with the cockpit out you can then get at the two halves of the heat shield. the lower half is tucked in the nose and gets pulled up and towards the back of the fighter, and the top half will sit under the cockpit and be pulled strait up.

with the heat shield sections pulled all the way up, you slip the canopy back in and fold the heat shield sections back down over it.

post-4286-1226300608_thumb.jpg

Oh the Fold + FP combo? Super? :p The heavy Arms platform is the menacing weapon Isamu used to make mince meat of an old Monster II.

Sorry haven't time to find a pic link, it is somewhere on the forum though with a search...i think.

They could release it with the 11 with the Atmospheric boosters, and make an adaptor for the YF-19. Originally it was tested on the VF-X-11 after all, and it malfunctioned and killed the pilot.

I would like to have a atmospheric booster and launch arm released that will work with either the 1/48 or 1/60v.2. Those things just look so cool!

VF-0D would be nice

A re-release of the VF-0A that isn’t a floppy mess would be great too.

GBP armor for the VF-0S would be spectacular (I would need to get another VF-0S to display it though)

And will someone please make a big and accurate SDF-1? Something about 24” long would be outstanding.

Personally; I think all of these complaints miss the apple for the tree...or...um...something like that....

I think each and every Vaklyrie should come with a diorama of some sort. It could even be cardboard. The original 1/72 VF-11B came with a cardboard desert diorama. That was really cool. A stand and a diorama would really go a long way in improving my Macross experience.

It would be nice, for instance, if a box of GBP armor for the new 1/60s came with two or three "hangar bay" dioramas, if the fighters came with "space" dioramas and so forth and so on.

I think that this is a better way of improving the offer than hagling over a milimeter here or there.... just my opinion..

Pete

if they can rescale the nose and tailfins, I'll be happy as hell. Either case, if they don't, I'll still buy it...just hope to god it's not in the 200+ dollar mark like the 19 and 21 were : / I swear the prices are getting ridiculous for toys.

Despite what you all say about its proportions, you're gonna buy it anyways! Haha! I can't wait till this thing comes out! w00t! :lol:

I may be disappointed but I still think it looks very good, I'll definitely be picking up at least one, more if the armor pack is announced.

now the wings are too short! ^_^

In ... Eugimon's Thunderbolt Pants! TM' :ph34r:

They could release it with the 11 with the Atmospheric boosters, and make an adaptor for the YF-19. Originally it was tested on the VF-X-11 after all, and it malfunctioned and killed the pilot.

Heh i didn't know that, must not have been paying attention when they were talking about it... uhh, when? :lol:

I'll be in for a Booster/Heavy Arms pack.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

From the pic, it looks like the heat sheild is two parts that slide together. the cokpit probably pushes down into the fuselage. The smaller half just slides up from the nose and the upper half could slide forward, theres enough room for it in the mid part of the fuselage while in fighter mode.

From the pic, it looks like the heat sheild is two parts that slide together. the cokpit probably pushes down into the fuselage. The smaller half just slides up from the nose and the upper half could slide forward, theres enough room for it in the mid part of the fuselage while in fighter mode.

That would be my guess as well.

Yamato sure does one thing right: they make toys with no ugly gaps. Everything is flush and looks to fit together perfectly.

If only they would go to the guy who came up with the 1/48 swingbar transformation and have him come up with a way to get longer tailfins stowed in the legs. Someone did a real nice computer animation to show that it's possible.

And what's with the wide-hipped, bowl-legged battroid mode?