Newbie Questions on Macross

I'm still not convinced since the old compendium lists the leader of the UNG as a Prime Minister, not a president.

It makes little sense to me that a Presidential aide would assume the Presidency over the entire NUNG, when outside of the US, the Prime Minister would take on that role if their President were to become incapacitated. The NUNS PM would likely be located elsewhere in the galaxy (planet, colony ship, etc...).

Leon taking over as Administrative Director of Frontier is another matter.

Indeed. Leon called himself 5th president of Frontier so it stands that Glass was the 4th president.

Also in a Macross 7 Plus clip Millia calls herself Millia The President.

So we infer that colony fleet's titles may differ but civillian leaders are essentially the President.

The difference it seems between Macross 7 and Macross Frontier is that Frontier has a legislature.

Perhaps due to greater population of Frontier of 10 million people where Macross 7 Fleet had a million people.

Macross Galaxy is something else all together as it is a corporate venture.

Edited by RedWolf

At the end of Macross Frontier, we know the Galaxy is involved. From wikipedia: "Captain Wilder reveals evidence that proves how leaders of Macross Galaxy fleet were behind Vajra attacks on Macross Frontier fleet and that Leon was conspiring with them."

- Why would they join such a plot? What would these people gain by helping Grace to be the Queen of the universe? And attacking a sister colony fleet?

Money, power, control. Isn't that what any megalomaniac wants?

- Why don't the Vajras attack them? The WHOLE galaxy population are implanted with the crystal thing (so the Vajra acknowledge them as friends)?

Because even animals can be manipulated.

- We see the Galaxy battleship (in battroid mode alright). That's the whole Galaxy fleet and no islands? If that is the case, when Frontier "defeated" it, did they kill the civilians too?

We have no idea what happened to the City-unit. It existed after being "attacked" by the Vajra the first time. Beyond that, it's whereabouts are unknown.

Money, power, control. Isn't that what any megalomaniac wants?

Because even animals can be manipulated.

We have no idea what happened to the City-unit. It existed after being "attacked" by the Vajra the first time. Beyond that, it's whereabouts are unknown.

Thanks for replying. But ...

- More like being controlled by Grace.

- You mean the Galaxy people can manipulate the Vajras? How? I thought that is feasible after merging with the Queen, not before?

Thanks for replying. But ...

- More like being controlled by Grace.

No. Grace did nothing to control the people behind the plot. They all went along with it. They could have stopped her at anytime. Leon tried and failed miserably. Those co-conspirators on Macross Galaxy knew what Grace was doing and let her do it. In the end, they would reap the rewards.

- You mean the Galaxy people can manipulate the Vajras? How? I thought that is feasible after merging with the Queen, not before?

Same way you can get an animal to follow you. Stick some bait and watch it come to you.

No. Grace did nothing to control the people behind the plot. They all went along with it. They could have stopped her at anytime. Leon tried and failed miserably. Those co-conspirators on Macross Galaxy knew what Grace was doing and let her do it. In the end, they would reap the rewards.

Same way you can get an animal to follow you. Stick some bait and watch it come to you.

- I see what you mean; but I still think it does not make complete sense. Helping someone and expecting reward (in power/ wealth) is one thing; helping someone so she can mind-control you later is another thing to me.

- Following someone is easier; following orders is more difficult (bite them but not me). How do they control the Vajras without songs/ Vajra network access?

Thanks again!

- I see what you mean; but I still think it does not make complete sense. Helping someone and expecting reward (in power/ wealth) is one thing; helping someone so she can mind-control you later is another thing to me.

Grace could have been playing her cards close to her chest.

Maybe they only knew about the "dominate the universe with the vajra" part of her plan and not the "make myself into a cybergod" part. Or they were told that they would have top-tier access as well as Grace.

Indeed. Leon called himself 5th president of Frontier so it stands that Glass was the 4th president.

Also in a Macross 7 Plus clip Millia calls herself Millia The President.

So we infer that colony fleet's titles may differ but civillian leaders are essentially the President.

The difference it seems between Macross 7 and Macross Frontier is that Frontier has a legislature.

Perhaps due to greater population of Frontier of 10 million people where Macross 7 Fleet had a million people.

Macross Galaxy is something else all together as it is a corporate venture.

That's been my assertion all along.

As soon as a colony fleet launches it is considered a citystate or a "member nation" of the UN. It may launch with an Administrative Director and once a President is elected, the two positions either combine or executive authority is then passed on to the head of the civilian government.

Logistically it would be beneficial to do it this way. When the fleet finally lands on a habitable world, an existing government is already in place, so no territorial governorships are necessary from the outset.

I wonder if the intention is that Howard Glass is the 4th President of Frontier "in the NUNG", along with all the Presidents of all the other colonies (including fleets).

I too would be somewhat pensive, as a citizen of the NUNG, to have my leader on a super long distance colony mission as opposed to leading the government in a local system or on Earth.

Edited by Zinjo

I too would be somewhat pensive, as a citizen of the NUNG, to have my leader on a super long distance colony mission as opposed to leading the government in a local system or on Earth.

I could believe that would be the case, but it's rather stretched by the fleets becoming apparently increasingly independent, less aware of what each other are doing, making their own significantly different choices for laws and military outfitting. The big tipping point though is that not only the President but the next in line of succession were on that same remote fleet: given at least three entire fleets have been lost in the past(not counting Galaxy) it seems you wouldn't want your eggs in one basket.

Maybe I'm interpreting the show wrong, but I got the feeling that Grace and the rest of SEELE Galaxy Anon. were all one consciousness by the end of the show. I don't really think there was any coercion or manipulation or Her part of the rest of the Galaxy leadership since their plan from the start was "become one superentity and rule the galaxy/universe."

I don't think Leon was ever fully aware what grace was planing to do. Grace probably told him that if he helps her she would help him gain power, conveniently leaving out the part about her becoming God. I don't even think Leon was trying to stop Grace when he tried to kill her. That was Just another Power grab on his part, trying to get her out of the way so he wouldn't have to share power with anyone.

But all the characters were designed by Haruhiko Mikimoto (long time Macross character designer), and the mechas were designed by Kawamori himself, you ignorant, pathetic fool.... :p

Just because SK designed the mecha doesn't make them any less ridiculous looking.

it's not even that they're bad, they just look wrong in MACROSS. the valks of Macross 7, especially the Varauta and sound force mechs, look very super robot like.

I have a feeling they left fate off Galaxy's City/island section a mystery for a reason (i.e. major role in the movie)

Question. In the first episode it was noted that the Frontier's goal was to make it to the center of the galaxy as did the Megaroad-01. So was the Varja planet near the center of the galaxy or did Frontier plan on colonizing a planet that was inhabitable if it came along the way?

Still confused. If the Varja planet is indeed near the center of the galaxy, then wouldn't that prove something about the Megaroad-01 losing all contact?

Just trying to gather up my facts here.

Question. In the first episode it was noted that the Frontier's goal was to make it to the center of the galaxy as did the Megaroad-01. So was the Varja planet near the center of the galaxy or did Frontier plan on colonizing a planet that was inhabitable if it came along the way?

Still confused. If the Varja planet is indeed near the center of the galaxy, then wouldn't that prove something about the Megaroad-01 losing all contact?

The goal of a colonization fleet is to find a habitable planet and colonize it.

The point of the colonization plan is that any conflict would not wipe out humanity as a species.

The center of the galaxy is too literal as it has a blackhole there. What it means is the core regions are being colonized.

The expeditions that we know which explored the core regions are these.

Megaroad 1 (Lost), Megaroad 13 (Lost then found again as an enemy), 117th Fleet SDFN-04 Global (Destroyed), Macross 5 (Destroyed, Citizens are rescued by Macross 7), Macross 7, Macross Frontier, Macross Galaxy (Currently missing)

Planets barely colonized there are Veil (low population mining colony) and Galia 4 (33rd Marines garrison).

A planet in the Varauta system should have been colonized by Megaroad 13 prior to Protodevlin takeover.

However galactic core isn't the only place being colonized. Short range fleets from Earth colonize worlds like Eden.

Also the Rim is being explored. Another Protoculture created race joins the New UN at a unspecified time, the Zolans. Macross 9 and Macross 11 is trying to find a planet there.

Since the Rim is closer to Earth the Rim is a wild frontier where criminals like pirates, poachers, smugglers and the Mafia thrive.

Edited by RedWolf

The Frontier Fleet (and by extension, the "Vajra Homeworld") are "in the vicinity of the center of the (Milky Way) Galaxy".

The only thing we know 100% about the Megaroad-01 fleet is that communications from it stopped in 2016 (I believe that's the year), and that the UN Government covered it up.

In episode 19 of Macross SDF (and other episodes I guess), when Hikaru pilots Focker's fighter for the first time there's this electric guitar version of the Macross theme song playing. Has this ever been released in an OST because I've been having a hard time finding it and what is the name of the song (if it's not "Macross" lol). It plays at around 11:48 into the episode. Thanks for any help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macross_Front...r_Movie_Edition

Macross Frontier Movie Edition

A theatrical version of the Macross Frontier television anime series was announced in Japan during the broadcast of the 25th and final episode Your Sound ("Anata no Oto") on September 25, 2008. According to recent interviews with Shōji Kawamori the upcoming movie will be an adaptation of the story from the T.V. series. The exact release date for the new animated film is still unknown. However, Japanese anime magazine Animedia announced that the film is planned to be released during the summer of 2009

Isn't that Hikaru's theme?

Or is it Skull-1 theme?

It's not Skull-1's theme, it's like an instrumental version of Hikaru's theme with an electric guitar, and it's not the karoake version of the Macross theme song even though it sounds similar to it. I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I know I'm probably inthe minority, but I'm just not that enthused about a movie. I mean it worked for Macross Plus because that is what was intended all along. It was also far less material to be condense- I guess that part is what bothers me the most.

That has me wondering, though, why didn't they do a movie of Macross Zero?

I know I'm probably inthe minority, but I'm just not that enthused about a movie. I mean it worked for Macross Plus because that is what was intended all along. It was also far less material to be condense- I guess that part is what bothers me the most.

That has me wondering, though, why didn't they do a movie of Macross Zero?

Maybe it didn't sell well enough...?

I hope they don't try to condense ALL of Frontier into a movie...I'd prefer to see merely a section of the story retold, or maybe just the beginning, with a sequel or two forthcoming.

I hope they don't try to condense ALL of Frontier into a movie...I'd prefer to see merely a section of the story retold, or maybe just the beginning, with a sequel or two forthcoming.

I agree. I liked DYRL, but only because it was such a stunning leap in visual quality that it was a whole new experience. Had it been mostly looking like the TV show but with the plot crammed down and altered the same way I really would have found it ignorable.

I just looked at the episode, the GG subs just say Cosmo Nature, November 2047 edition. Klan's computer screen didn't give any more on the date either unless it was mentioned in Japanese text, though I doubt it.

hey guys macross noob here ^_^

I'm looking for a song that was on Macross Plus. it played while Sharon's manager jumped off the Macross. I have

both ost's, for fans only and cream puf, and it's not on any of them. can you guys help me out? Thanks!

Welcome to Macrossworld! ^_^

The song's Track 12 on OST 2, and it's called "A sai en." It's also the song played during the "Next Episode" previews, so that may have thrown you off the scent...

Welcome to Macrossworld! ^_^

The song's Track 12 on OST 2, and it's called "A sai en." It's also the song played during the "Next Episode" previews, so that may have thrown you off the scent...

Hey Gubaba,Do you know if they ever officially released the english version of "Voices" from the manga OVA 1 tape/dvd? Or am I still stuck with my edited together MP3? :huh:

Hey Gubaba,Do you know if they ever officially released the english version of "Voices" from the manga OVA 1 tape/dvd? Or am I still stuck with my edited together MP3? :huh:

Sorry, you're stuck. :(

Now, there IS something on macrosshare (in the soundtracks section) called, I believe, "Voices Album." It's not official, so I've never checked it out, but perhaps it has the song in decent quality...

That said, "Decent Quality" and "Macrosshare" don't always go hand in hand...

Sorry, you're stuck. :(

Now, there IS something on macrosshare (in the soundtracks section) called, I believe, "Voices Album." It's not official, so I've never checked it out, but perhaps it has the song in decent quality...

That said, "Decent Quality" and "Macrosshare" don't always go hand in hand...

I actually have a decent quality version (a little low on the volume maybe), that I edited together from the first OVA and the last OVA, so I wouldn't get the 19's engine thrust in it. I was just wondering if they ever released a official one so I can get rid of my old one.Thanks for the info Gubaba, and since I have you here. You know if they ever release a Mylene only version of "Light the Light"? I loved her version, that she sung when Gamlin was being controlled by the protodevlin, and was going crazy in his 17.

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

I actually have a decent quality version (a little low on the volume maybe), that I edited together from the first OVA and the last OVA, so I wouldn't get the 19's engine thrust in it. I was just wondering if they ever released a official one so I can get rid of my old one.Thanks for the info Gubaba, and since I have you here. You know if they ever release a Mylene only version of "Light the Light"? I loved her version, that she sung when Gamlin was being controlled by the protodevlin, and was going crazy in his 17.

*sigh* That's one that I want, too.

It's amazing...there's, like, around 20 Macross 7 CDs out there, and yet they still have about an album's worth of unreleased music. Why didn't they put all of that out instead of making English Fire...?

*sigh* That's one that I want, too.

It's amazing...there's, like, around 20 Macross 7 CDs out there, and yet they still have about an album's worth of unreleased music. Why didn't they put all of that out instead of making English Fire...?

They like the power they hold over us. Thats why. I want her version soooo bad.And the worst thing is theres no full version of it to rip from the dvds to hold us off. :(