History Sheet:

*The Bird Human Battle

World Guide Sheet

*The Protodeviln

Song Sheet:

*DYRL/An Angel's Paints

Goods Sheets:

* Yamato 1/72 Series

Jeebus....can they hurry up with the the VF-1 already? We're never gonna be done with that VF...

Not yet, we haven's seen VF-1D, Elint, and the civilian VF-1 from Dynamite. ^_^

I'm kinda disturbed when they explain the function of Quadluun Rau feet by attaching a pic of a Zentran head exploding under it. :mellow:

Also, this issue character sheet is about Mylene fashion show... <_<

The question I have is, is it the SDF:M Super Valkyrie, or the DYRL version? (Or even the M7 one... or the M7 Dynamite one? Though as we've already seen a mention of the M7 appearance, I doubt they'd devote a whole additional sheet to it.)

The question I have is, is it the SDF:M Super Valkyrie, or the DYRL version? (Or even the M7 one... or the M7 Dynamite one? Though as we've already seen a mention of the M7 appearance, I doubt they'd devote a whole additional sheet to it.)

Considering that the cover shows Hikaru's VF-1J with FAST Packs (Huh??? He never sported them in the show...), I'm guessing it's the TV version.

They will cover pretty much everything eventually. I mean, we are up to issue 6 of what could be a 50 issue series. Theres plenty to go yet. The number of character sheets to mecha sheets, etc, does vary sometimes. Towards the end of a collectable series like this, some sections are missing altogether for the last few issues because theres nothing left to cover regarding certain topics/categories. So they try to balance things throughout the series to minimize this occurrence at the end.

Speaking of magazines, I picked up an issue of Moe-mage today because it had a gorgeous pic of Ranka on the cover. Moe-mage is a spin-off of Animage and not something that I usually pick up. This issue, however, came bundled with a pencil board featuring the same art that was on the cover. very nice stuff.

Also, if anyone is interested the newest Ani-mage, which goes on sale October 10, comes with a Macross Frontier "Memorial Book."

On the same day, the newest issue of Otona anmie (Adult Anime) will be released on the same day and includes the second half of the Macross special that began last month.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/萌え...2470&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4...m=AN1VRQENFRJN5

http://www.amazon.co.jp/オト...pd_bxgy_b_img_b

By the way, Macross Chronicles really seems to be selling continuously well. I was a few hours late getting to my local bookstore today and they only had 3 copies left. Sure, they will get restocked in a week or so, but in the morning theres usually at least a dozen copies. Bravo Macross Chronicles, bravo!

post-9325-1222952586_thumb.jpg

Quickie review (or how to justify buying Chronicles #6 when you have a bunch of Macross Books on the shelf):

Note: this is all ignoring the Japanese text, which may or may not be the same as in the books mentioned, as well as images from the animation.

*Gallery Sheet - Mikimoto artwork - big piece is something that I haven't seen before. Calendar? The inside two are from a "Macross Perfecto Memory" Mook.

*Factory Satellite: Perfect Memory (the comparison in size to the Earth is groovy. The focusing on the fold drives on the bottom left of the reverse is wonderful. Love the sheer size of those drives!)

* VF-19 Kai - new Tenjin Hidetaka art. Rest from Macross 7 Animation Materials.

*Queadluun-Rau - TIA:DYRL

* Mireena Furea Jiinasu - M7 Animation Materials

* People of SNN - TIA:MII

* Timeline 2x - only one lineart! From Perfect Memory, TIA:SDFM上,...

*SDF-1 Launch ceremonies (history sheet) - AWESOME new picture by Kinoshita Tomotaka. Reverse has line art from Perfect Memory (one piece has been colourized, clarifying the stage, exhibition space, runway, HLLV, spaceshuttle)

* Variable Fighter (Tech sheet) - eyebleedingly awesome(!!!) new picture by Kinoshita Tomotaka of a VF-1A tawny being loaded with FAST packs. Reverse contains lineart from MP, M7AM, SKMSW, and the VF-25's sniper rifle (already published in Newtype and Great Mechanics.DX)

* Mikimoto Haruhiko (makers sheet) - rough, preproduction art all found in Perfect Memory.

*song sheet - lyrics in the Ranka Rii single

*Macross Ace Frontier (goods sheet) new

Quickie translation on the gunpod: VF-22 (YF-21) uses caseless ammo. VF-25G Sniper Rifle: gun powder and railgun for maximum barrel acceleration, requiring the stablizers. A shock-gunpod was also developed for nondestructive and arrest.

Ace Frontier pictured mecha: VF-1. VF-22, VF-19Kai, VF-27, VF-25F, YF-19, YF-21, VF-11, Fz-109, VF-1S Strike, VF-1S Super, VF-25G, Red Vajra, Queadluun-Rau, Queadluun-Rae, HWR-00 MkI Monster, and Sv-51!

They will cover pretty much everything eventually. I mean, we are up to issue 6 of what could be a 50 issue series. Theres plenty to go yet. The number of character sheets to mecha sheets, etc, does vary sometimes. Towards the end of a collectable series like this, some sections are missing altogether for the last few issues because theres nothing left to cover regarding certain topics/categories. So they try to balance things throughout the series to minimize this occurrence at the end.

Speaking of magazines, I picked up an issue of Moe-mage today because it had a gorgeous pic of Ranka on the cover. Moe-mage is a spin-off of Animage and not something that I usually pick up. This issue, however, came bundled with a pencil board featuring the same art that was on the cover. very nice stuff.

Also, if anyone is interested the newest Ani-mage, which goes on sale October 10, comes with a Macross Frontier "Memorial Book."

On the same day, the newest issue of Otona anmie (Adult Anime) will be released on the same day and includes the second half of the Macross special that began last month.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/萌え&a...2470&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4...m=AN1VRQENFRJN5

http://www.amazon.co.jp/オト&a...pd_bxgy_b_img_b

By the way, Macross Chronicles really seems to be selling continuously well. I was a few hours late getting to my local bookstore today and they only had 3 copies left. Sure, they will get restocked in a week or so, but in the morning theres usually at least a dozen copies. Bravo Macross Chronicles, bravo!

post-9325-1222952586_thumb.jpg

Did you (or anyone else) get last month's issue of the new magazine "Charaberry's"? It had quite a big Macross Frontier cover story, the difference with the other magazines being that it featured a lot of black and white genga (keyframes) and other such production materials, which are always interesting to look at, more so for me than the usual illustrations you see everywhere else. I missed my chance to get it because at the time I thought 880 yen was too expensive, but it's double that now. This month's issue has another MacF feature but I don't know exactly what content.

If anyone has it, or can find scans, please let us know!

The only scans I have of that Charaberry's are:

http://www.macrossroleplay.org/Sketchley/BtF/BtFmain.htm (logos and modified background - 50%, blue of the magazine enhanced)

http://www.macrossroleplay.org/Sketchley/BtF/SMS.htm (logos and modified background - 50% yellow/orange of the magazine enhanced)

http://www.macrossroleplay.org/Sketchley/S...Flightsuits.htm (last two images)

I think all except for the backgrounds are larger then the html is forcing them to display at.

This is only going to be of interest to those in the Atlanta area.

I checked with Books Japan in Smyrna, GA. I found them at Japanfest last week. In any case, I inquired about a Macross Chronicles subscription. Here is the breakdown.

1 yr subscription is $295.96 ($12.32 per issue)

They can deliver to your home for an extra $5 per issue ($120 per year)

The thing is, ordering from HMV in a batch of 5 at a time breaks down like so:

5 issues is $50.56 shipped ($10.11 per issue shipped) (express shipping)

That would be about $242.68 per year roughly.

I suppose the only nice thing is that I could get it as it comes out every 2 weeks. But, then I would still need to make the trek down there, and it's kind of out of the way for me to go there.

If I can talk them down to the equivalent price as HMV I will go ahead and do it. Otherwise I will simply be patient and get my batch in every couple of months.

Not yet, we haven's seen VF-1D, Elint, and the civilian VF-1 from Dynamite. ^_^

Nor have we seen the VF-1S or the VF-1A...the many variant paintjobs for the 1A could translate into lots and lots and lots of pages for it.

I'm kinda disturbed when they explain the function of Quadluun Rau feet by attaching a pic of a Zentran head exploding under it. :mellow:

Did its feet ever do anything else of note...?

Also, this issue character sheet is about Mylene fashion show... <_<

And it looks like we're going to have AT LEAST two more Mylene pages, if not more.

i'm hoping for a foldout map of Frontier city. that might just turn me into a bilrer train-otaku. have any of the chronicle issues had a good top-down (or at least overhead) shot of Frontier city?

Yes. Unfortunately, it's too far overhead to make out much of anything except that part of it is land and another part is water.

They've barely scratched the surface of Frontier so far. A small bit on the Island Clusters in the Long-Range Emigration Fleet page, one page each for Sheryl and Ranka, and a poster.

I expect more now that the series is over...

Yes. Unfortunately, it's too far overhead to make out much of anything except that part of it is land and another part is water.

They've barely scratched the surface of Frontier so far. A small bit on the Island Clusters in the Long-Range Emigration Fleet page, one page each for Sheryl and Ranka, and a poster.

I expect more now that the series is over...

I saw a magazine sketch once of the places in Frontier with San Francisco, Shibuya, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Peking written on it.

Not detailed mind you but gives you an idea of what they crammed in Island 1.

I saw a magazine sketch once of the places in Frontier with San Francisco, Shibuya, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Peking written on it.

Not detailed mind you but gives you an idea of what they crammed in Island 1.

oooh, that'll do for now. hope you can remember where you saw it. appreciate any leads.

i've been reading up on train scales and it seems a relatively new one (T-scale 1:420) might just be practical for a partial Frontier city layout. at 15km length, the only practical scale for a full model would be 1:5000 :wacko:

oooh, that'll do for now. hope you can remember where you saw it. appreciate any leads.

i've been reading up on train scales and it seems a relatively new one (T-scale 1:420) might just be practical for a partial Frontier city layout. at 15km length, the only practical scale for a full model would be 1:5000 :wacko:

I believe I've seen it at the Animesuki Macross generic discussions thread.

Good luck if want to riffle to 70+ pages for it.

Edit: I think it was in the Animesuki Macross Frontier speculation page instead.

Edited by RedWolf

Try Charaberry's Vol.5

No can do, sold out everywhere and if you buy it used at amazon it's already going for over Y1,600. Nnng!

The new magazine, "Animage Original" seems to feature some interesting MacF stuff, though I haven't been able to find it on the shelves and I don't want to order through amazon if I don't know the content...

So, I'm up to issue 5 and you know what? The binder already seems 2/3 full! Maybe it's the ring-protectors adding to the thickness, but still.. no way the binder can take 50 issues (at the current content level). Anyone else feel the same?

So, I'm up to issue 5 and you know what? The binder already seems 2/3 full! Maybe it's the ring-protectors adding to the thickness, but still.. no way the binder can take 50 issues (at the current content level). Anyone else feel the same?

I think its intended to hold 10 issues per binder. Some members had purchased equivalent magazines for Gundam and that was how the binder system was done.

Don't see why people are making a fuss about this pic. The Q-Rau is a war machine for use by a race of warriors. The pic simply illustrates how every part of the mecha can be used as a weapon.

Graham

Don't see why people are making a fuss about this pic. The Q-Rau is a war machine for use by a race of warriors. The pic simply illustrates how every part of the mecha can be used as a weapon.

Graham

Its too graphic IMO, I have to cover that part everytime I show Macross Chronicle to my son.

BTW, how do you arrange the sheets in multiple binders? Sort it based on series?

BTW, how do you arrange the sheets in multiple binders? Sort it based on series?

This is also giving me a headache.

Basically, I'm just going to fill the first binder with issues 1-10, second binder with issues 11-20 etc.

When all 50 issues have been released then I'll completely reorganize them into series order, according to the guide in the first issue.

IMO, it's not worth doing that until all 50 issues are out.

Graham

I don't think so...the first 320 pages of the Mechanic Files would go in the first binder...the next would have the rest of the Mechanic Files and then begin the Character Files...into other words, just organize them the way you're organizing them now, but when one binder gets too full, put the end of it into the next one.

Although i think what I'm going to do is fill up the first binder with issues 1~10 (in the correct order), and the second with issues 11~20 (also in the correct order), and THEN organize the contents of the two binders together.

dropped by kinokuniya in singapore. very disappointed not to find macross chronicles. and the staff didn't register any recognition of it when i asked about the chronicles. ended up buying great mechanics dx5 and 6 as they had sections on SDFM, DYRL and MF. dx6 has an article on vf25 vs 27 but unfortunately i can't read japanese. dang, i regret not buying the chronicles in HK when i had the chance :(

dropped by kinokuniya in singapore. very disappointed not to find macross chronicles. and the staff didn't register any recognition of it when i asked about the chronicles. ended up buying great mechanics dx5 and 6 as they had sections on SDFM, DYRL and MF. dx6 has an article on vf25 vs 27 but unfortunately i can't read japanese. dang, i regret not buying the chronicles in HK when i had the chance :(

If you're still in SG, run down now to China Square Central, ground floor - 'ToysNToys' has every issue from 1 to 6 plus a stack of binders.

Oh, yeah - ToysNToys wins over Kinokuniya for Macross Chronicle(s) :-)

I actually went to the Liang Court branch of Kino to get original, un-cut-out editions of issue 1 and 2 because TnT was doing a mass-coupon thingy for the limited Yamato toys, so all the 1&2s at TnT were already 'mutilated' in the bag. Turns out MC is ONLY available in small quantities at the Liang Court Kino branch (about 12-14 pcs per issue), and NO binders. Price-wise, 12SGD at TnT vs 14+ at Kino is no contest.

On a side note, I originally planned to collect TWO sets of MC, but seeing as how... massive the undertaking is going to be, I'll just keep the spare binder and get another 3~4 more.

Edited by drifand