*mecha sheet

- VF-5000 Star Mirage

- Space destroyer

*character sheet

- Basara Nekki

- Ranka Lee

- Kate Masseau / Morgan Masseau

*time-line sheet

- Battle for AFOS (At time of awakening)

*technology sheet -

-Destroids

*history sheet

- Lynn Minmay Debut

*gallery sheet

-Super Dimension Fortress Macross

*song sheet

-Totsugeki Love Heart

-Remember 16

*goods sheet

-Hasegawa Models

http://www.hmv.co.jp/

If you do a search, type Macross Chronicle (not Chronicles). It should list all that they have to order and pre-order.

Thanks a million Sharky!

Can anyone post a better/larger image of the binder? Interested to see what it looks like on the inside and back. Cheers.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

As per Hypno-Toad's instructions, I finally got my binder today...the magazine itself was a little disappointing, really, but after putting the pages in a realizing how much room there is for more, I decided that this is going to be fun...

Did you get the binder from the Kino in LA?

Guess what Gubaba, I decided to go to the L.A. Kinokuniya right after my first post up above. I looked around for MC, but no luck. I ask one of the clerks at the counter and he goes to the back and comes back with the BINDER! :blink: Yes it is a beaut. Gorgeous illustration of the DYRL SDF-1 Macross by Hidetaka Tenjin on the inside covers. I was pleasantly surprised. He also ordered the first two issues of the mag and he'll let me know the price for the sub. I guess I'll be getting my regular bi-weekly dose of Macross! Heavenly ^_^

Guess what Gubaba, I decided to go to the L.A. Kinokuniya right after my first post up above. I looked around for MC, but no luck. I ask one of the clerks at the counter and he goes to the back and comes back with the BINDER! :blink: Yes it is a beaut. Gorgeous illustration of the DYRL SDF-1 Macross by Hidetaka Tenjin on the inside covers. I was pleasantly surprised. He also ordered the first two issues of the mag and he'll let me know the price for the sub. I guess I'll be getting my regular bi-weekly dose of Macross! Heavenly ^_^

What the...?

I walked in and ASKED them about the binder...they looked it up on-line, and told me point blank that they couldn't get it.

<_< <_< <_<

By the way, I don't see the 1st issue listed anymore on HMV. I suppose it's sold out now. Only took a couple of weeks to do so it seems. Get it where you can, while you still can. They still have the binder and issue 2 in stock, and of course you can pre-order up to issue 8.

By the way, I don't see the 1st issue listed anymore on HMV. I suppose it's sold out now. Only took a couple of weeks to do so it seems. Get it where you can, while you still can. They still have the binder and issue 2 in stock, and of course you can pre-order up to issue 8.

Yes, HMV is sold out, so they no longer list it in their search. You can still use the link that was posted by Fly'n Brian to access the product page. Here's what they say on the page (accessing it with English cookies set):

"We regret that we cannot accept orders for this limited item as the available quantity has now sold out"

Looks like those interested are going to need to keep up with the releases or face the possibility of missing out.

If the the Macross Chronicles manages to score an interview with Shōji Kawamori then maybe I will subscribe. Is the the Macross Chronicles

Available in English?

Haven't seen the 2nd issue, have you? ;)

Though, it's more a question and answer format, on only one aspect of Macross.

Although it's not an exact number, it looks like Macross Chronicle will be at least 50 issues, per the official website.

http://books.shopro.co.jp/macross/backnumber/index.html

Could always change, depending on popularity (like getting cancelled early).

lynn2009, have you or anyone else who's ordered through Kinokuniya SJ or SF gotten the first issue yet?

lynn2009, have you or anyone else who's ordered through Kinokuniya SJ or SF gotten the first issue yet?

I haven't gotten my first issue yet from San Jose, but the way the Bay Area Kinokuniyas handle their magazines versus Southern California is different. I'm guessing because there are three bookchains down there in competition (Kinokuniya, Sanseido and Asahiya) vs. just Kinokuniya up here in the north. Sanseido doesn't charge extra for their air mail copies and both Sanseido and Asahiya are a little cheaper than Kinokuniya for stuff (on manga it could be up to $.75 cheaper per book).

I've noticed San Jose and San Francisco only gets books around the same release time as Japan. Sometimes they get airmail magazines, but the prices are a few dollars more. Usually for ocean shipments, you can expect it 3-4 weeks after the release, and I think San Jose gets their shipments on Wednesdays and Thursdays. I'm thinking I might get a notice today or tomorrow for my first Macross Chronicle issue, if I get the first issue. I have a pre-order with HMV that they're holding just in case...

I put in an order for #1 through HMV, I hope there are no problems (like it being out of stock). I suspect that Kinokuniya SF may have some copies of #1, but when one factors in the cost of gas, ordering it from HMV is actually cheaper, since I don't have the time to go up to SF, and I don't have any other reason to be there at the moment.

Thanks veffidas!

Edited by papabear

I finally got my first issue and binder today. I was quite giddy while looking through the sheets as I put them in the binder. I won't see the next couple of issues until October, when my friend comes back from his next trip to Japan.

Bah terrible... let's see what's going on with HMV then.

Eh, just picked my copy up today--turns out it was issue #1. Should have gotten it first before ordering the other one. I don't know what's up with the date on the notice, but it doesn't really matter. Maybe I'll consider selling the extra copy off or something.

I saw a listing for it on HLJ, but these are the first pics I've seen for the "Demonstration" version of the Hasegawa YF-19. From today's issue of the Chronicle. Sorry for the poor photos, no scanner yet.

post-1318-1219298593_thumb.jpg

post-1318-1219298618_thumb.jpg

Today I get an e-mail from HMV saying that my order is partially complete. They have the binder and issue 2 ready to go, but they do not have issue 3 yet which should have come out today. They are simply saying they have not received it yet from the manufacturer. I suppose there is some delay in shipping for some reason.

They still asked me what I wanted to do.

Ship the partial order and wait for the remaining items

Ship the partial order and cancel the remaining items

Continue to wait until all items are available

Cancel the entire order.

I simply re-confirmed that I want them to wait for the entire order to ship complete. They estimate the delivery date to be Aug. 31st. I feel HMV is great on customer service and keeping me posted. Actually, I had completely put it out of my mind that they should be shipping today, so waiting another week and half is no big deal for me. I'll bet that I could probably find it at DragonCon next weekend; however, but I didn't want to take any chances with missing any issues or the binder.

Quickie review (or how to justify buying Chronicles #3 when you have a bunch of Macross Books on the shelf):

Note: this is all ignoring the Japanese text, which may or may not be the same as in the books mentioned.) ((Though, the first half of the "soldiers of the anti-unification alliance sheet is, well, if you've seen Macross 0 and know Macross history, it's nothing new. If it's your first experience with one or both, then it's all new info.)

Space Destroyer (Oberth) (front & Back) = see Perfect Memory (though, the size/quantity comparison is funky)

VF-5000 (front & back) = Shoji Kawamori's Macross Design Works

Kate & Morgan Maison (front & back) = TIA:M+ movie addition

Basara Nekkei (front & back x2) = TIA: M7 Animation Materials (though, there is one space suit lineart which I don't remember having seen before)

Ranka Rii (front & back) = all new (though one illo is from one of the CD singles)

Timeline (Octos sub mode, VF-0S battroid, sv-51 fighter) = M0 DVD liner notes

Lynn Minmei Debut (front) = new image. Curly Orange haired Kent Fraiya. Talk about retro flashback. (Back) = TIA:SDFM (上、中、下)

Destroid Tech Sheet (front) = new kick a$$ illo. Woot! Woot! (back) = Macross Perfect Memory

SDF:M gallery sheets (front & back) = TIA:SDFM (上、中、下) (I think that's where I've seen them before.)

Fire Bomber music lyrics (front & back) = both lyrics and music sheets in Fire Bomber in M7 (music sheets NOT in chronicles!)

Hasegawa Plastic Models (front & back, x2) = half are new releases, half are old. If you buy the kits, you'll have more than the photos in chronicles.

Next issue is about YF-21, Hikaru Racer plane, Guld and Eden. I forgot the rest ^_^

Contents of #4 are:

Mecha Sheet:

-YF-21

-Fan Racer

Character Sheet:

-Guld Goa Bowman

-Physica Fulcrum

Gallery Sheet:

Macross 7

Timeline sheet:

-"Bird Human" revival

-Post-war unification

World Sheet:

-Eden

History:

-Varauta Army invasion

Song sheet:

-0-G Love

-Silver Moon, Red Moon

Collectibles

-Bandai models

-Trading Cards

Extra

-Super dimension live broadcast of Ranka Lee w/ Sheryl Nome

Actually, Mr March, a friend of mine that travels back and forth to Japan got it for me. I forget which one it was, but he said that he got them in one of the Animate stores in Tokyo.

Ah, very fortunate. This book is going to turn out expensive for me.