About the Macross Chronicles

Oh... forgot to add this:

on the cover, in the ad for the binder, it says what I believe is "10 issues fit into one binder".

Someone mentioned that they are planning for a print run of 50... so 5 binders. This isn't going to just be expensive for you overseas members!

on the cover, in the ad for the binder, it says what I believe is "10 issues fit into one binder".

Someone mentioned that they are planning for a print run of 50... so 5 binders. This isn't going to just be expensive for you overseas members!

Will they put out new binders with different art when issue 11, 21, 31, and 41, are released? Or, do we need to stock up on binders now?

Eh, just picked my copy up today--turns out it was issue #1. Should have gotten it first before ordering the other one. I don't know what's up with the date on the notice, but it doesn't really matter. Maybe I'll consider selling the extra copy off or something.

Ah, sorry to hear that, papabear. 8/7/2008 was definitely the issue date of the second volume, with HMV and Amazon.co.jp listing it as such. Hopefully, Kinokuniya SF will be more accurate on their later notices.

I dont really think 560yen once a fortnight over 100 weeks is all that much. Only seems that way when you add it all together ;-)

Skip lunch or a beer once every 2 weeks and there you go!

Since the Eva series got to 30 issues with only 1 series to work with, I dont see why Macross couldnt go to 75 quite easily (100 might be stretching things a bit).

Sharky: They probably wont release different folders with different art. They usually include a set of stickers for the spine of the current folder every 10th issue - numbering and what sections are meant to be in it. The section labels are often included multiple times over the course of a series because they need to be changed as the folders fill up.

Sharky: They probably wont release different folders with different art. They usually include a set of stickers for the spine of the current folder every 10th issue - numbering and what sections are meant to be in it. The section labels are often included multiple times over the course of a series because they need to be changed as the folders fill up.

Thanks. Can I assume that extra binders will be produced throughout the release of issues in the coming months? I don't want to get into a situation where binders will be sold out before the last 10 issues are released.

Thanks. Can I assume that extra binders will be produced throughout the release of issues in the coming months? I don't want to get into a situation where binders will be sold out before the last 10 issues are released.

Thats a tricky question. Of course more ARE made and distributed throughout the series - for example, theres a lot more folders at my local store now than there were when issue 1 came out - but they also become rarer towards the end of the series (finding a third folder for the Eva series was a total PitA!)

So, Id say wait until issue 11 or so just to make sure they DONT change the art on the folders, and then order 2 or 3 extra ones. Even if you get one too many, Im sure you could find many uses for a spare of such a damn cool folder!

I dunno about this...The binder's pretty damn big...

It's big, but already mine is a good quarter full (I've been putting in everything, the main sheets, and all the ads/special offers/etc. at the tail end that come with it.

Whoohoo! My order from HMV came in just now. Can't wait to get home to look them and put them in the binder. I noticed that HMV only charges actual shipping costs as I examined the postal documents and my invoice. There didn't seem to be any extra packing or handling fees added on to the bill. So, getting the items at cover price and paying only true shipping cost is the best I'm gonna do as far as getting these in my neck of the woods. My next wave won't be for a couple of months now. :( Actually, that's a good thing as it will give me a chance to put a little money aside for it.

Macross chronicles #3 page 03-30 image is Hasegawa special scheme VF series article!

VF_2_sonic_birds.jpg

THE UN-OFFICIAL COLOR SCHEME THREAD, Putting all our eggs in one basket

I have no doubt Hasegawa will captialize on the success of Frontier with new decal and color schemes of their same kits. They are already releasing Valks with insignia from other squadrons only seen in lineart of TIA books. I expect we'll be seeing several versions of the YF-19 (VF-19A), YF-21, SV-51 and Zeros soon (possibly the color schemes we saw in "All that VF" for Zero)... B))

A real boon would be for them to release a VF-4 model kit for the masses...

Edited by Zinjo

I have no doubt Hasegawa will captialize on the success of Frontier with new decal and color schemes of their same kits. They are already releasing Valks with insignia from other squadrons only seen in lineart of TIA books. I expect we'll be seeing several versions of the YF-19 (VF-19A), YF-21, SV-51 and Zeros soon (possibly the color schemes we saw in "All that VF" for Zero)... B))

A real boon would be for them to release a VF-4 model kit for the masses...

I'd say they need to come out with a VF-1 Gerwalk first...

But yes...those look awesome...

*drool*

That is crazzzzzy. glad i opted out.

So for issue 4, they're doing Guld and...Physica???

Their choice of secondary characters has been really random...but I hope they get around to profiling the Flower Girl.

Guld huh? wonder how many pages will be dedicated, i might pic it up if it's 21 saturated....

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Guld huh? wonder how many pages will be dedicated, i might pic it up if it's 21 saturated....

It's really impossible to know at this point. The pages dedicated to each character or mecha are lettered, not numbered, and (for example) while issue one gave us pages A and B for Minmay, they only carry her story up to the Miss Macross contest...so at some point further down the pike, we'll presumably be getting pages C, D, E, and who knows how many more.

On the other hand, issue one also gave us pages A and B for the VF-1J, and issue two gave us page C, which seems to finish up the info.

So we'll probably get Guld pages A and B, with more coming along later.

It was when I realized that the Minmay and Mylene (hell, perhaps even Mash) pages hadn't finished when I suddenly realized what a massive undertaking this whole thing is...no wonder they haven't said how many issues are coming out; it might overwhelm too many potential buyers...

Yes. It's really unclear how many pages will be created for what.

For example, Issue 3's Space Destroyer (Oberth) has M (for SDF:M), the UN Kite, Sheet 15, A. There could possibly be a sheet B (possibly more) for it; though I don't really see how as they've pretty much printed all the info on it.

FYI, the VF-1J released in issues 1 and 2 are M, UN Kite, Sheet 02, A, B & C. Meaning that there could be an additional VF-1J sheet for DYRL, and any other appearances it may have made in other Macross animations...

It's potentially very big... potentially.

Yes. It's really unclear how many pages will be created for what.

For example, Issue 3's Space Destroyer (Oberth) has M (for SDF:M), the UN Kite, Sheet 15, A. There could possibly be a sheet B (possibly more) for it; though I don't really see how as they've pretty much printed all the info on it.

FYI, the VF-1J released in issues 1 and 2 are M, UN Kite, Sheet 02, A, B & C. Meaning that there could be an additional VF-1J sheet for DYRL, and any other appearances it may have made in other Macross animations...

It's potentially very big... potentially.

Yeah...If "Shao Pai Long" is "M" History sheet number ELEVEN, we're looking at an ambitious project here.

But I think we're done with the VF-1J...if only because it only appeared in one short scene in DYRL, and it looks like they've covered the Armored Valkyrie. I'm guessing SDFM Mecha sheet 01 will be the SDF-1, so sheet 03 will be the VF-1S...what I'm wondering about is if we will have probably five or six sheets for SDFM Minmay, will we have another sheet or two for DYRL Minmay? FB2012 Minmay...? :ph34r:

At least the Timeline Sheets seem straightforward enough...

Chronicle 4th issue will be released this week right? :blink: Crap, I'll be away on a conference in Nagoya by then, I hope I can sneak out to get one, the problem is I'm not familiar with Nagoya, well I could stroll around and hoping to found some bokk shop there ^_^

PS: My scanner is finally running again, I want to scan the illustration they done for the Technology sheet section since the way they depict the destroids among valks is one of the best.

You should have no problem. I haven't check Tsutaya if they carry it, but they should. And you know how there's a Tsutaya on every corner...

Fingers crossed that it doesn't flood again when you're there.

Edited by sketchley

Ooh, so that's what the square below the lettering is for...

post-322-1220322087_thumb.jpg

Chronicle 4th issue will be released this week right? :blink: Crap, I'll be away on a conference in Nagoya by then, I hope I can sneak out to get one, the problem is I'm not familiar with Nagoya, well I could stroll around and hoping to found some bokk shop there ^_^

If not, it shouldn't be hard to find one once you get back to Tokyo.

Since needing to buy a bunch of copies of 1 and 2 for the VF-1A offer, I managed to stumble upon a lot of stores with a big back stock. They're certainly not selling out everywhere.

I've put the first 3 issues in the binder, but I've decided I'm probably gonna stop putting them in the binder until all 50(?) issues have been published.

The various sheets are being published in such a random order that putting them in the folder at such an early date is pretty pointless IMO, as I'll only have to remove them later arnd reorganize them each time one binder fills up and a new one starts.

Graham

Ah... but at the very least, putting them in the binder now has them organized by category. (mecha, character, timeline).

Plus, isn't half the fun poring through this stuff again and again, and reminding ourselves of the little Macross things?

Quickie review (or how to justify buying Chronicles #4 when you have a bunch of Macross Books on the shelf):

Note: this is all ignoring the Japanese text, which may or may not be the same as in the books mentioned.) ((Though, the first half of the "soldiers of the anti-unification alliance sheet is, well, if you've seen Macross 0 and know Macross history, it's nothing new. If it's your first experience with one or both, then it's all new info.)

Fan Racer: Perfect Memory

YF-21: aside from a new main image by Hidetaka Tenjin (though the composition of the image is nothing new, see M+ eps 01), it's all TIAS:MP and TIAtS:MP movie edition.)

Guld Goa Boman: TIAS:MP and TIAtS:MP movie edition.

Fijika Farukuramu: M7 animation Materials

Timeline M0: MO DVD booklet

Timeline SDF:M: Perfect Memory

History Varuta Attack: new art, new graphic (Varuta fighter attack wave breaching M7 defensive lines)

Worldguige: Eden: TIAS:MP and TIAtS:MP mOvie edition. Though, the Hydra, that appeared in MF is new, here.

Gallery Front: any number of M7 books

Gallery Rear: If you have the M7 calendar, you've got these. I don't. New 4 me.

Songs O-G Love, Silver Moon - Red Moon: I think I have the lyrics. If you've got the SDF:M CDs, you've got these.

Super Dimension Super Live "Debut! Ranka Rii with Sheryl Nome" - new (picts of the real VA at the concert.)

Goods Sheet: Bandai 1/72 VF-25F - new (though, I've seen some of the lineart of the VF-25 on the rear floating around before. Great to see some VF-25 lineart! Nose gear, nose transformation, etc..)

Goods shheet: Nyan Kore (Nyan Nyan Collector Cards) - new (feels like a CM for the product...)

Next issue:

Queadluun-Rao

VF-1J (more????)

Misa Hayase

Sheryl Nome

Timeline: Zentraedi Raid & Macross Wandering (first attack and fold to Pluto?

History: Jamming Birds

World Guide Sheet: Macross 7

Gallery: MII

Song Sheet: Infinity / What 'bout my star? (both MF songs!)

Goods: VHS・LD~DVD

Volume 5 contents:

Mecha sheet:

-Queadluun-Rau

-VF-1J

Character Sheet:

-Misa Hayase

-Sheryl Nome

-Millard Johnson

Gallery Sheet:

-Macross II

Timeline Sheet: