The Xbox 360 Thread Pro Edition

I got RRoD while playing a Batman challenge mode. After I read that it may stem from power cables not being plugged in all the way I gave my cable a little push. Sure enough, it went in like another 1-2mm and now it works. Weird...

I wonder how many MS employees got RROD on their own xboxes??

• 4 weeks later...

I've been thinking about getting Halo 3 and Halo ODST. I've never played the Halo games before, so will I be lost if I start on the 3rd game story or gameplay wise?

Chris

more like:

blah blah blah, oh noes, the convenant is on earth... wtf, this isn't the master chief.

eh, I'd say it was more like:

blah blah; BOOM-SPOSION; oh noes, covenant on earth; BOOM-SPLOSION; WTF, RAIDEN AGAIN!?!?*; BOOM-SPLOSION; blah blah... wait, what? that's it? <_<

*remember when you played Metal gear solid 2 for the first time, and you first realized that you were going to be playing as Raiden for most of the game? it's a bit like that, but with less bishonen.

I've been thinking about getting Halo 3 and Halo ODST. I've never played the Halo games before, so will I be lost if I start on the 3rd game story or gameplay wise?

Chris

Yeah. You'd probably be lost in Halo 3. But the others should be well documented online already and the story isn't complex by any means. I'm sure you can find a synopsis in the wiki.

Yeah. You'd probably be lost in Halo 3. But the others should be well documented online already and the story isn't complex by any means. I'm sure you can find a synopsis in the wiki.

The Halo story is pretty overrated anyways. Just play through for the gameplay. Both the original Halo and Halo 2 has pretty crappy single player campaigns and they're not worth going back to now unless you're really trying to be thorough.

yeah dude i am,its solid. lovin it,easily best racer of 09.

I won't know. The only other racer I have is Burnout Paradise, and I got that for the smashes. :D

Fujimi Kaido is a b****. But I love her all the same. :) Taking my S-class RX-8 up that hill is a humbling experience -- just tuning the thing to get it to work right going up the hill is a learning experience.

I won't know. The only other racer I have is Burnout Paradise, and I got that for the smashes. :D

Fujimi Kaido is a b****. But I love her all the same. :) Taking my S-class RX-8 up that hill is a humbling experience -- just tuning the thing to get it to work right going up the hill is a learning experience.

Oh I hear ya buddy... I've been playing racing sims since gran turismo 3 on the PS2 and I recently got the collectors edition of FM3. For what you get IMO its worth the extra 20 bucks.

NE way the most challenging part of FM3 is upgrading a lower class vehicle and tuning it so that it is stable enough to drive... It's like overclocking your CPU... It can reap great results but takes some trial and error to get the car to run right. Your basically pushing a car beyond its limits so it'll naturally take some know how to tune your car.

First things first... Alway's tune tire pressure first to get better handling, that is the most important part of the car as far as performance goes. Without traction you wont get very far. Also If possible you might want to add a spoiler and body kit for better aero dynamics to keep your car on the road without spinning out. It takes some speed away but in the end make's your car handle a lot better.

One more tip always tune in small increment's, tune each setting two or three notches in the menu then test drive to see how the cars runs... Rinse and repeat.

NE way once you get the hang of it the game is a blast to play especially online. My gamertag name is "Burningorb" be sure to add me to your friends list and maybe we can race online sometime.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone else think Modern Warfare 2 kinda sucks with all the lag and unbalanced weapons?

the lag is kind of annoying, I'm getting it mostly in ground war though, Team deathwatch has been mostly fine.

I love the weapons so far. perks and attachments are much better than 4, although there should have been more sniper rifles (what only one bolt action, WTF? admittedly the intervention is awesome but still.)

• 2 weeks later...
I liked the first UA game but wow, you just totally killed any interest I had in the game. Civil War was awful.

I liked the first UA game for the variety of characters. I liked bustin out some odd classics like Dr. Strange & Spider Woman. Now all the playable characters are the trendy ones for the most part. UA2 is god awful boring. Even on the hardest difficulty = spam spam spam through endless waves of the same enemies over and over and over and over.

On a more positive note; I'm having fun playing Borderlands lately. Building a pistols hunter.

• 1 month later...
(man, I wish I had room for 2 games at once)

I wish I had room for one. Rock Band DLC takes up a lot of room once you've imported to Rock Band and Lego Rock Band songs into Rock Band 2 on top of all the songs you already bought...

The Halo story is pretty overrated anyways. Just play through for the gameplay. Both the original Halo and Halo 2 has pretty crappy single player campaigns and they're not worth going back to now unless you're really trying to be thorough.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you about the single player campaign in Halo: CE being pretty crappy. The single player campaign in that game is what convinced me to go with the Xbox over the PS2. I know a lot of other people who fell in love with the franchise because of the single player campaign. I believe it truly redefined, if you will, the FPS genre and I'm sure I'm not alone with this point of view.

Now the single player campaign in Halo 2 is a different story - I couldn't get into it at all and was rather disappointed with it. I think the only saving grace was the multiplayer aspect of Halo 2. I'm also sure I'm not alone when I say that.

People would be missing out playing Halo 3 without having at least played Halo: CE if you ask me.

Why don't you upgrade your 360's hard drive?

http://www.pcworld.com/article/150970/upgr..._the_cheap.html

so you plug your 20gb hard drive into your PC, reformat it and... it magically becomes 120gbs? :huh:

shit makes no sense and the idiots who made it need to explain what the fuck they're doing better.

so you plug your 20gb hard drive into your PC, reformat it and... it magically becomes 120gbs? :huh:

shit makes no sense and the idiots who made it need to explain what the fuck they're doing better.

Well, I browsed quickly through it, but nothing on it really says you can put say a terabyte HDD on it and it'll work -- just that you can buy your own 120GB and do it, but then again you have to buy the casing already. Since MS doesn't sell the casing separate from the HDD, I really wonder about the point of the tutorial.

(I suppose if the HDD dies, you can fix it; or if you buy a spoilt drive cheap and strip the casing out, etc. etc. but still...)

With your PC turned off, unplug any other SATA devices and then connect the new Scorpio drive to one of the SATA cables and to a power lead.

You don't reformat your Xbox 360 HDD. You format a particular 120GB Western Digital Scorpio (model WDGWD1200BEVS) from a PC that's booted from DOS on a USB drive instead of the PC's hard drive. You use this specially prepared drive to replace the 20GB hard drive that's in there.

Unfortunately, the article doesn't offer any suggestions for getting the contents of your original drive onto the new one. Likewise, it fails to mention that it's next to impossible to find the WDGWD1200BEVS drive anymore.

Sorry, I just linked the first tutorial that came into view. Thought it be nice quickie tutorial. Guess not. It made sense to me though...

This one seems like a decent in-depth tutorial, same thing though: http://www.gamerwok.com/archives/786

Also, I read that it doesn't have to be that particular WD model.

Some Newegg reviewers says this one works too: Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD2500BEVT 250GB

Edited by shiroikaze

Sorry, I just linked the first tutorial that came into view. Thought it be nice quickie tutorial. Guess not. It made sense to me though...

This one seems like a decent in-depth tutorial, same thing though: http://www.gamerwok.com/archives/786

Also, I read that it doesn't have to be that particular WD model.

Some Newegg reviewers says this one works too: Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD2500BEVT 250GB

hmm... that makes more sense, although I can't do about half of the stuff they mention.

People would be missing out playing Halo 3 without having at least played Halo: CE if you ask me.

Halo 3 was great in that the first two games established Cortana as such a positive and entertaining character that the mission to rescue her in Halo 3 took on a personal importance. Listening to the Gravemind torture her in the epinomyous level just made me hate it that much more, and gave such a vindictive satisfaction when I nuked it from orbit. Had to be sure, doncha know.