The Xbox 360 Thread Pro Edition

I see the Elite Edition thread was closed so it's time for a new 360 thread. Unfortunately another SKU, not including the Arcade model, hasn't been introduced yet so I'll name this thread after the good old Pro system.

Back to 360 news, it was posted on a whole number of sites yesterday that the original Dreamcast Soul Calibur will be hitting XBLA latter this year. :)

As for MSG: Operation Troy/Mobile Ops: The One Year War, I wonder if a US release is still planned. Furthermore, I hope they drop the Mobile Ops name and restore Gundam to the title. So far all Gundam games for the PS3 and 360 have held onto their Gundam names.

Before I forget, here's the current list (as of about 4 months ago anyway) of Macross World members on XBL. As before, the name on the left is Macross World ID's while names on the right are their Live alias:

Apollo Leader - Apollo Leader

Chowser - Chowser051

Mechafan - TechValkyrie

BoBe-Patt - bobe patt

Sephiroth - Sephiroth017

MilkManX - MilkManX

Dante74 - Lorenzo74

David Hingtgen - Xenogears Id

Valkyrie - Valkyrie2036

Axelay - Silent Scope EX

JsARCLIGHT - JsARCLIGHT

Oihan (Oyan) - Ashmedai

Alpha OTS - Qaztab

Fort Max - Angst O Tron

mikeszekely - Pharaohman

eugimon - eugimon

Mechafan - TechGhostR6

VT 1010 - ROU21

Beltane70 - Beltane0070

Ishimaru - Ryvann

danth - Coocoocola

yellowlightman - Crocodilopolis

Godzilla - Tsoumiester

Spatula - Delicious Bunny

Ginrai - sayjeremy

shogun029 - shogun029

Southpaw Samurai - SouthpawSamurai

Edited by David Hingtgen

I was wondering what happened to the old thread. :)

Well I downloaded the Legendary Map Pack for Halo 3. So far I'm really digging the Ghost Town map, it's fantastic for slayer matches. Avalanche is ok, but this map is best suited for 16 player CTF or Assault, oddly enough Live is limiting it to only 12 players so far.

haha, you should've called this the Halo Edition thread (not)

I'm about done with COD4, so I'll pick up some points Friday at Gamestop and d/l the new H3 maps and start playing that again. I only need like 2000 more points to prestige again, so after I get that, I'll head back to Halo 3.

Sadly to pay bills all I got left for the 360 game wise is Acecombat.....I've sold off every game or accessory I've owned in the last 4 months.

I can't even get my wi/fi back up....limited traffic or something so whenever I get a chance I'll have too reset it and try to reupload the whole thing over....this sucks. My netgear wi/fi was doing soooooooooooo well.

XD yay! I got the router working again...and I'm really using the crap out of the Xboxlive stuff now.

I downloaded a demo of Ironman and I gotta say, while the graphics are very cool looking, the controls are poo to me.

haha, you should've called this the Halo Edition thread (not)

I'm about done with COD4, so I'll pick up some points Friday at Gamestop and d/l the new H3 maps and start playing that again. I only need like 2000 more points to prestige again, so after I get that, I'll head back to Halo 3.

Now I remember that was my original plan to call the next 360 thread the Halo 3 Edition. :p I'm in the same boat with both COD4 and Halo 3. COD 4 I want to finish up the single player stuff and FINALLY delve into the Live play which I have missed out for months. I purposely took a break from Halo 3 for the last two months because I had just got way overly obsessed with it. I still need to finish the Overkill achievement and I wouldn't mind getting my ranking up to Brigadier or General. :)

I am down with COD4/Gears of War or Guitar Hero III with anyone.

;)

Let me know when you want to play or when you might be on. You're always more then welcome to send an invite.

This weekend will be bad since I'll be out of town... I hope I have enough time to download the Def Leppard pack for GHIII. :p

Does Army of Two support 2 players via split screen on one 360? Or do I need 2 systems linked? I can't seem to get split screen co-op to work in campaign mode even with two controllers connected. I get a message that says 2 players need to be logged in.

Steve

Never mind I figured it out.

Edited by Steve68

wow, xbox tech support is filled with a bunch of barely literate morons.

I emailed them asking why my 360 won't stream .mp4 files off of either a NAS or my vista box.

So far, they've asked me about my Live connection, told me that, "no, I'm wrong and my xbox *is* streaming .mp4 files from a NAS and now they're saying that the 360 isn't fully compatible with vista/wmp11 and that's why it won't stream.

I've sqeezed almost 2 years of heavy use of my refurbished 360 and my 20GB hard drive is nearly packed to capacity so depending on what size of drive comes with a Blu-Ray 360 I might make that jump. Of course the Blu-Ray 360 better be darn reliable if I'm going to use that for movie, too. :p

My point exactly. When my 360 dies, I'm keeping the HDD, selling the rest, and buying an Arcade SKU. My (future) PS3 will be my Blu-Ray player--reliable, and QUIET. Even a 360 just playing arcade games makes more noise than a PS3 does at full-bore AFAIK. Heck, my Sony DVD player makes more noise than I'd like playing a movie. Unlike most games, movies often have long periods of near silence, and the "small background noises" are everything for the scene. Don't want to hear a 360 grinding away during those times.

what's the point of a blu-ray 360? MS is not going to release games on blu-ray and why would ms pay licensing fees to Sony? I'll believe it when I see it.

You mean like they do for DVD? Sony's a major part of the DVD Forum, too. So is Microsoft, actually.

Ms would pay licensing fees to the Blu-ray Disc Association so they can have the HD movie bullet-point.

Hell, they'll probably JOIN the BDA, just so they have a say in what goes on.

Now.... if they make a 360 with integrated BetaRay... are they gonna offer an expansion for the older customers? Or are we just shafted?

Umm, yes. Compared to every other A/V machine on the planet. People always say "black" is the foundation of an image--the blacker the black, the better the whole picture. Well, sound's foundation is silence. If there's a constant background noise/grind/hiss, it messes with ALL sounds ALL the time.

Now.... if they make a 360 with integrated BetaRay... are they gonna offer an expansion for the older customers? Or are we just shafted?

That'd be a stupid move on their part. Integreated Blu-Ray is part of the reason the PS3 is so darned expensive. MS made the right call (especially given the format war) to make the HD player an add-on package.

That'd be a stupid move on their part. Integreated Blu-Ray is part of the reason the PS3 is so darned expensive. MS made the right call (especially given the format war) to make the HD player an add-on package.

The drive's become a lot cheaper in the last year. And the format war is over.

I'm not saying it wasn't the right thing to do at the time*, but the rumor is that they're integrating HD disk capabilities NOW.

*I still think the entire generation launched 2 years early, but... meh.

Updated to include Ginrai.

Before I forget, here's the current list (as of about 4 months ago anyway) of Macross World members on XBL. As before, the name on the left is Macross World ID's while names on the right are their Live alias:

Apollo Leader - Apollo Leader

Chowser - Sarge051

Mechafan - TechGhostR6

BoBe-Patt - bobe patt

Sephiroth - Sephiroth017

MilkManX - MilkManX

Dante74 - Lorenzo74

David Hingtgen - Xenogears Id

Valkyrie - Valkyrie2036

Axelay - Silent Scope EX

JsARCLIGHT - JsARCLIGHT

Oihan (Oyan) - Ashmedai

Alpha OTS - Qaztab

Fort Max - Angst O Tron

mikeszekely - Pharaohman

eugimon - eugimon

Mechafan - TechGhostR6

VT 1010 - ROU21

Beltane70 - Beltane0070

Ishimaru - Ryvann

danth - Coocoocola

yellowlightman - Crocodilopolis

Godzilla - Tsoumiester

Spatula - Delicious Bunny

Ginrai - sayjeremy

There are new Gears of War videos.....

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/6236.html

WHat can i say? Freaking amazing.

Aargh, you bear me to it. :p Just way too busy to post any trailer links this weekend. Anyway it looks awesome... just hoping that "Seriously" is not an achievement in this game again! :p

Here's a Youtube copy of the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxoU8wCEr2A