The Xbox 360 Thread Pro Edition

And again, they tout the co-op option, but make absolutely no mention of being able to search for co-op games, which is a glaring absence that still infuriates me. I don't like playing deathmatch all that much, and Halo 3 has a GOOD co-op mode, but damn if you can ever find people to play it with you.

I'd imagine the idea is that you'd play coop with people you already know, whether through real life or through online communities like this.

Tonight I should have EDF 2017 completely beat. Just need to beat the last stage on Inferno; almost did it last night as a single player. With beating just this one stage, I'll have half of the GS points for the game. :p

Right now I'm debating on what I'll be focusing on next. With Gears of War 2 coming out next month, I really want to get the Seriously achievement on GOW1. I haven't touched Ace Combat 6 in a year and considering I blew $150+ on that, I really need to find an excuse for that joystick and throttle I got laying around.

Choices, choices... :)

Mechafan has now been updated to be called TechValkyrie. Has anyone else changed their names recently? I swear I have a few XBL friends now whose name I don't recognize.

Before I forget, here's the current list (as of about 4 months ago anyway) of Macross World members on XBL. As before, the name on the left is Macross World ID's while names on the right are their Live alias:

Apollo Leader - Apollo Leader

Chowser - Sarge051

Mechafan - TechValkyrie

BoBe-Patt - bobe patt

Sephiroth - Sephiroth017

MilkManX - MilkManX

Dante74 - Lorenzo74

David Hingtgen - Xenogears Id

Valkyrie - Valkyrie2036

Axelay - Silent Scope EX

JsARCLIGHT - JsARCLIGHT

Oihan (Oyan) - Ashmedai

Alpha OTS - Qaztab

Fort Max - Angst O Tron

mikeszekely - Pharaohman

eugimon - eugimon

Mechafan - TechGhostR6

VT 1010 - ROU21

Beltane70 - Beltane0070

Ishimaru - Ryvann

danth - Coocoocola

yellowlightman - Crocodilopolis

Godzilla - Tsoumiester

Spatula - Delicious Bunny

Ginrai - sayjeremy

shogun029 - shogun029

Southpaw Samurai - SouthpawSamurai

I got a used Too Human cheaply the other day.

I love it.

Fun fun fun!

As usual, good to play GOW with you. :) Can't wait to slug it out with GOW2. :D

Last night I discovered it wasn't going to be as easy beating EDF 2017 on stage 53 on Inferno as I thought it would be. So right now I'm farming for armor on stage 52 on Hard difficulty. Looks like the most effective way to work the level is to clear most of it, leave one UFO, and just camp underneath it with a set of LEXR turrets and the AF 100 assault rife. Should be able to build up my armor to 10,000 in a few nights.

you gotta play Gears of War! the second installment is coming out november 7th! So get both if you can. And ninja gaiden 2 is pretty bad @$$ and fun! ^_^

Anybody got a "must have" list of games I should be looking out for? I'm gunnin for a 360 this xmas from the wife. Droppin MAD hints.

Bioshock

Call of Duty 4

Elder Scrolls Oblivion

Dead Space

Halo 3

I'm finally at Chapter 3 in Dead Space and I must say that this game is pretty intense!! I'm constantly looking behind me and taking every corner ever so carefully

Edited by Oihan

Never liked gears of war. The "hide" button just bugs an old quake>>>cs vet like me. I'll do that poo myself tyvm lol.

Are there any turn based strategy games for 360?

Civilization Revolution is the only one that comes to mind.

Zoids Assault, Operation Darkness, and Spectral Force 3 are turn-based strategy RPGs. I haven't played them, though, and the reviews haven't been kind. Not that they generally are for niche titles, but still...

Earth Defense Force is the must-have title, if you ask me. I'm also partial to Bullet Witch.

EDF!!!! I finally beat it last night. :) Most gamerpoints (500) I got in one shot. I've heard that Bullet Witch has similar comparisons to EDF 2017. I picked that up over the summer for about $11 so I might be playing that one soon.

BTW, JBO, what's your Gamertag or do you want that kept private?

Edited by Apollo Leader

ack, saw you guys on Gears tonight, couldn't join you as my Gears disc is all scratched up and I get booted alot. Waiting for the fall update and hopefully it'll remedy my problem (plan on borrowing a coworkers disc for the hard drive install, he's borrowing my COD4 for the same reason).

Then again, Gears 2, COD5, Left 4 Dead, Fable II, etc. are all coming out soon. Got Dead Space here that I haven't unwrapped yet.

Never did finish Mass Effect, Ace Combat 6, Dead Rising, or Assassin's Creed yet either.

Only games I finished are Halo 3, COD4, Elder Scrolls + expansion.

Haha, turned it in....

but I did read the novel that takes place before the game...can I get a half nerd badge?

I never left the Citadel (yes, I'm that close to the beginning). I was searching for all the workers/repairbots/see I can't even remember what they were called.

Maybe I'll give it a shot during Xmas break.

Never liked gears of war. The "hide" button just bugs an old quake>>>cs vet like me. I'll do that poo myself tyvm lol.

Bah! Play GOW anyway.

You will adjust and then love it.

;)

I was searching for all the workers/repairbots/see I can't even remember what they were called.

I don't get why EVERYONE feels the need to do that side-quest so fervantly. It's long, boring, and pointless. With no real reward. (I did it once quickly using an FAQ just to see what happens--nothing. No big spoiler, plot, reward, backstory, or anything else). It's a time-waster, nothing more. Skip it. My suggestion: Talk to the guy to start the quest, then IF YOU SEE ONE NEARBY WHILE WALKING AROUND, scan it--easy money when you need it early in the game. But don't spend an hour hunting down the last two, etc. They're not worth much individually, but you'll find a dozen just walking around.

I don't get why EVERYONE feels the need to do that side-quest so fervantly. It's long, boring, and pointless. With no real reward. (I did it once quickly using an FAQ just to see what happens--nothing. No big spoiler, plot, reward, backstory, or anything else). It's a time-waster, nothing more. Skip it. My suggestion: Talk to the guy to start the quest, then IF YOU SEE ONE NEARBY WHILE WALKING AROUND, scan it--easy money when you need it early in the game. But don't spend an hour hunting down the last two, etc. They're not worth much individually, but you'll find a dozen just walking around.

Because, as best I can tell, I finished EVERY side quest in the game, including the minerals, medals, Prothean relics and what not.

EDF!!!!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!

I finally beat it last night. :) Most gamerpoints (500) I got in one shot. I've heard that Bullet Witch has similar comparisons to EDF 2017. I picked that up over the summer for about $11 so I might be playing that one soon.

I'm mostly through EDF. Cleared it on the first... 3 difficulties, if I recall.

Close to the end on Hardest, with a smattering of Inferno stages.

I need to get back to Bullet Witch some time. One of many games I liked, but never put the proper time into.

Personally, I never saw the huge issues people kept claiming it had. It's not PERFECT, but it's still fun.

Of course, it's a cavia game. They're good at making really fun games with glaring flaws.

BTW, JBO, what's your Gamertag or do you want that kept private?

CaptainJistuce

I never threw it out here because I don't pay for online play, so it seemed a moot point.

Since I've been back on GOW again working on Seriously..., I usually end up on at the same time as Milkman X.

I really got to get back to Ace Combat 6... I blew $150 on that and haven't touched it in a year. :p A few weeks ago I picked up Mass Effect for $39.95... then it dropped to $29.95 at a lot of places a week or two later. Doh! :p

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!

I'm mostly through EDF. Cleared it on the first... 3 difficulties, if I recall.

Close to the end on Hardest, with a smattering of Inferno stages.

I need to get back to Bullet Witch some time. One of many games I liked, but never put the proper time into.

Personally, I never saw the huge issues people kept claiming it had. It's not PERFECT, but it's still fun.

Of course, it's a cavia game. They're good at making really fun games with glaring flaws.

CaptainJistuce

I never threw it out here because I don't pay for online play, so it seemed a moot point.

If you run into any problems let me know and I can walk you through. Mostly you'll find yourself using either a sniper rifle and one set of turrets or two sets of turrets. 48 on Inferno was an oddball in that I used the AF100 assault rifle and the C70 bombs. 52 I think was the only stage I "cheated"... I had to do it as a 2 player game where I loaded the second player with two sets of turrets and the first player with one set of turrets and a Lysander Z sniper rifle.