The Xbox 360 Thread Pro Edition

Lately I havent been playing any games lately because theres nothing good coming out until june, I really am looking forward to ninja gaiden 2 though but i probably wont play it until im done with mgs 4.

My gamertag is heishiro79 I dont play alot though.

• 2 weeks later...

Breaking news: :ph34r:

http://kotaku.com/5012535/itagaki-leaving-tecmo-suing-tecmo

Statement

I, Tomonobu Itagaki, hereby announce that on the 14th of May 2008 I filed a complaint in the Tokyo District Court against Tecmo Co., Ltd. for unpaid completion bonuses, and against the President of Tecmo, Yoshimi Yasuda, for such unlawful acts as unreasonable and disingenuous statements made towards me, claiming damages in total of 148 million yen. I also announce that this complaint was delivered to the defendants on May 22nd of the same year.

In addition, I hereby announce that I have today submitted a letter of resignation to Tecmo Co., Ltd. stating that I will resign as of the 1st of July, 2008.

Before the start of development on DEAD OR ALIVE 4, Tecmo Co., Ltd. had agreed to pay a completion bonus to me for this Xbox 360 title, which I produced. However, when the time came for the actual payment, Tecmo Co., Ltd. went against its previous agreement and refused payment. President Yoshimi Yasuda chose not only to violate this agreement, but also turned defiant, telling me “if you are dissatisfied with the decision not to pay the bonuses, either quit the company or sue it.” In addition, he made demeaning remarks about me to my subordinates and colleagues, causing me significant emotional distress and worsening my personal relationships and work environment. Thus, I have no choice but to resign from Tecmo Co., Ltd.

The conduct of Tecmo Co., Ltd. and its president Yoshimi Yasuda towards me has been unbefitting of a publicly-listed company.

I have filed this lawsuit with a strong intent to question the social responsibility of Tecmo Co., Ltd. and its President Yoshimi Yasuda, as well as condemning them for their unjust acts. Today, in addition to announcing the reasons for this lawsuit, I make clear my reasons for resigning.

To All Game Fans

I truly feel sorry to all the fans of the games I have made. NINJA GAIDEN 2, which will launch on the 3rd of June will be the last NINJA GAIDEN I will create. I will also never be able to make DEAD OR ALIVE 5. I regret the circumstances that have forced me to leave Tecmo, where I had worked for so many years, and I regret the disappointment this will cause my fans.

However, I can no longer continue to work with President Yoshimi Yasuda, a man who chooses not to honor promises even when he is able to do so.

I truly hope that nothing like this happens again in the future.

Tecmo Co., Ltd. Creative Officer

Leader, Team NINJA

Tomonobu Itagaki

WOW bold move by Itagaki, more like a surprise even if he's doing this now when it's been over two years since DO4's completion. I would of been bitching about my bonus on year 1 and not year 2 and a half.

Well, that blows. I hope everything works out for Tomonobu Itagaki.

Speaking of Ninja Gaiden II, has anyone played it yet? What are your guys' thoughts and opinions on it? I'm about to pick up my copy of the game today and am anxious to play it.

The one thing that ruins potential creativity in a company... its always comes down to money or lack thereof. Oh well I hope Itagaki can continue to make great games after this fiasco even if it isnt DOA or Ninja Gaiden ne more. I also hope he wins the case.

WOW bold move by Itagaki, more like a surprise even if he's doing this now when it's been over two years since DO4's completion. I would of been bitching about my bonus on year 1 and not year 2 and a half.

I would assume he's been pursuing channels within the company since DOA4's completion, and the company president's "FU" is a new development.

That or he's been developing a paper trail to strengthen his case for the lawsuit. Filing immediately isn't always the best course of action.

It sounds like Itagaki's beef with Tecmo has been ongoing for several years so obviously he's got a case built up though it remains to be seen if he has a valid case. Too bad this had to happen though. :(

As for Ninja Gaiden 2, I'll see how the demo is like, but I wouldn't be surprised if I eventually add it to my collection.

Played it just a bit before going to bed last night---"just like the first, but more". I'd say it's faster, but also a bit easier. Unless the difficulty selection at the title screen was actually easy/normal, and not normal/hard. I chose "acolyte", which is what it defaulted to.

I got to play it for only 15 mins last night but from what I've played I REALLY enjoyed. I know I'll be playing this a lot. As Mr. Hingtgen pointed out, the game feels faster and is a bit easier (with the health regeneration). Also, "Path of the Acolyte" is their 'easy' and "Path of the Warrior" is their 'normal.' I started on normal and the game is tough, but so much fun!

Hmmmn. Maybe I should restart it and play "norma". (I'm still in the first level). Of course, I never was very good at the first. (I beat it, but some areas were through sheer luck/repetition)

Well thats the point of ninja gaidens challenge my friend. good ol trial and error especially on the bosses. When I played black it pissed me off so much having to fight a boss over again but I learned and mastered the game and was able to beat every boss easy after that.

Am I the only one that's glad to hear that Ninja Gaiden II is easier? I know some hardcore gamers loved how punishing the first one was, but the older I get the less punishment I enjoy. I want a game to be challenging, sure, but the older and busier I get, the less time I have for games that feel more like work than fun.

Am I the only one that's glad to hear that Ninja Gaiden II is easier? I know some hardcore gamers loved how punishing the first one was, but the older I get the less punishment I enjoy. I want a game to be challenging, sure, but the older and busier I get, the less time I have for games that feel more like work than fun.

Thats why theres always easy mode for ppl that dont have alot of time on their hands or cant be bothered with the difficulty. Luckily NG2's difficulty has been toned down a bit so that the casual gamer can run through it with a moderate degree of challenge.

Thats why theres always easy mode for ppl that dont have alot of time on their hands or cant be bothered with the difficulty. Luckily NG2's difficulty has been toned down a bit so that the casual gamer can run through it with a moderate degree of challenge.

I don't think the first Ninja Gaiden had an easy mode. I know they added Ninja Dog Mode to Black, although I have no idea if it carried over to Sigma.

I don't think the first Ninja Gaiden had an easy mode. I know they added Ninja Dog Mode to Black, although I have no idea if it carried over to Sigma.

As I understand things, it DID carry over to Sigma. Unlocked from the beginning, even. So no guilt trip to unlock it.

Also no Ayane title screen to let everyone know you were a giant sissy. :p

In the interests of full disclosure, I should state that I beat Black on Ninja Dog mode. I could probably do a normal run now, but I keep getting distracted by other stuff.

And my XBox1 has issues now, which complicates things. The DVD drive had a mechanical failure. How am I supposed to get my Gunvalkyrie fix NOW?

And my XBox1 has issues now, which complicates things. The DVD drive had a mechanical failure. How am I supposed to get my Gunvalkyrie fix NOW?

I'm amazed you can even play Gun Valkyrie. The fact that you couldn't change the look inversion ensured I played it for about five minutes and then put it on the shelf never to be played again...

I'm amazed you can even play Gun Valkyrie. The fact that you couldn't change the look inversion ensured I played it for about five minutes and then put it on the shelf never to be played again...

I tend to be fairly adaptable in my controls. I didn't even have a real issue with the stick-click boost system.

The only thing that really bugged me was the more elaborate platforming segments. And that's me more than it. I have a lot of trouble with 3D platforming in general. I always misjudge the distance.

I tried the ninja gaiden 2 demo on xbox live last night and it was great. I haven't had that much fun with a game in a long time. The combat system is much more fluid and moves come out easier, also the ultimate charge attacks don't get interrupted if you get hit which is also a nice feature. The demo lets you try 2 ninpos 3 main weapon and 2 projectile weapons.

Its great fun and the combat is fairly simple and easy to get used to. But then again ive already mastered NGB gameplay and its very similar. I would get it right now but im waiting for MGS4 to come out. Once im done with that ill buy this.

I tend to be fairly adaptable in my controls. I didn't even have a real issue with the stick-click boost system.

The only thing that really bugged me was the more elaborate platforming segments. And that's me more than it. I have a lot of trouble with 3D platforming in general. I always misjudge the distance.

Well, you're lucky then. :mellow: I really, really wanted to play it but for whatever reason I can't handle look inversion on anything other than aircraft.

Well, you're lucky then. :mellow: I really, really wanted to play it but for whatever reason I can't handle look inversion on anything other than aircraft.

I always invert the Y-axis on every game I play because I got used to it while playing flight sims.

I tried the ninja gaiden 2 demo on xbox live last night and it was great. I haven't had that much fun with a game in a long time. The combat system is much more fluid and moves come out easier, also the ultimate charge attacks don't get interrupted if you get hit which is also a nice feature. The demo lets you try 2 ninpos 3 main weapon and 2 projectile weapons.

Its great fun and the combat is fairly simple and easy to get used to. But then again ive already mastered NGB gameplay and its very similar. I would get it right now but im waiting for MGS4 to come out. Once im done with that ill buy this.

That's pretty much my experience with the demo too. Difference is, I'm going to pick up Ninja Gaiden and pass on Metal Gear. The MG hype had me seriously considering it for awhile, but when I think back to some of the levels and boss fights in the first two (never even played the third), I realize that it's simply not the kind of gameplay I'm craving. Also, like previous Metal Gears, I expect everyone else to buy it now, trade it in, and I'll find a cheap copy after Christmas.

I always invert the Y-axis on every game I play because I got used to it while playing flight sims.

Same here...at least until i bought the 360. After playing Gears of War constantly, i realise i now can play FPS in normal y-axis both for console games and on the PC. :lol:

But i still play flight sims in inverted mode. Weird.

Same here. It's from playing flight sims on a pc ages ago, and is something I can't unlearn. I can't play a FPS without Y-inversion options without getting really annoyed and invariably looking down when I wanted to look up when the action starts getting heavy.

Same here--I always want Y-axis inverted. However--it's the horizontal that often messes me up. Generally, I want 1st person and 3rd person horizontal to be opposite--and few games offer horizontal axis movement inversion--and even fewer allow separate 1st and 3rd person.

Also, like previous Metal Gears, I expect everyone else to buy it now, trade it in, and I'll find a cheap copy after Christmas.

Yeah that happens with all game except im going to buy the collectors edition...wait like two or three months and when im bored of it sell it for like 30% more.

My 360 gets a "death rattle" once in a while now. I figure it's going to die with NG2, ME, or Assassin's Creed in it soon...

PS--in the spirit of NG2, I present the best Penny-Arcade ever: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/02/20/ (written for NG1, but just as appropriate)

My 360 gets a "death rattle" once in a while now. I figure it's going to die with NG2, ME, or Assassin's Creed in it soon...

PS--in the spirit of NG2, I present the best Penny-Arcade ever: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/02/20/ (written for NG1, but just as appropriate)

Hey, all those ninja killings have consequences.

In other news, I picked up Ninja Gaiden II Sunday, but haven't played it. A friend of mine was over Saturday, and we played Fight Night Round 3 until midnight, and since it's the game that's been in my box, that's the one I've been playing. Only got one more Achievement to unlock on it, too.

And the irony of it all? While the game is really fun, in real life I don't even like boxing.

Edited by mikeszekely