Star Wars toys

Heheh, nice to see another one of the proud Jar Jar fans. What are there, like four of us altogther? Maybe it's a Minnesota thing (I'm in the Twin Cities, too) :lol:

I think its interesting to watch TPM after a whole decade (OMG!) and see how it holds up. I actually quite like it. I'll even go so far as to say its my favorite of the prequels, but my judgment may be clouded by nostalgia already. I was in my youthful prime back then and my friends and I had sort of a contest to see who could watch it in the theater the most times. I ended somewhere around 7, but others made it past 10. Regardless of if we liked it or hated it, we had such a blast with the whole thing (toy hunts, late night Taco Bell runs for kids meals & KFC cup toppers) that it was almost as if the quality of the movie itself didn't matter.

The only problem I have with TPM these days is that I am pretty much guaranteed to fall asleep about halfway through. This happens with every movie I've seen a multitude of times, including the OT. I barely make it ten minutes into those films before nodding off these days. It's like they are so comforting that they super-relax me and my faculties shut down. :)

I'd still love to see a Jar Jar or Gungan-based show or movie, and a video game to go along with it. Part of my fascination with the Gungans in general comes from when I was about 8 or 9 years old, 1984. I was very much into Star Wars then and would constantly fantasize about it and even dream about it. My friends and I were playing one day and talking about what it would be like to see Obi Wan and Anakin younger and fighting together and stuff.

That night I had a dream where I watced Obi Wan and Anakin, younger, jumping around and fighting on rocks and lava (I crap you not) and then the dream shifted to this sort of swampy world with a bunch of weird looking yet friendly 'frog people' (it should also be said I was really into frogs at that age too and no day was complete without me waging a frog hunt by the creek). I'm not saying I had a premonition or anything, but it is a very delightful coincidence that actually deepens my appreciation for the prequels. :)

Edited by eriku

There are some pretty cool comic packs out in stores right now. One in particular that I picked up is the Ki-Adi-Mundi/Sharad Hett comic pack. I had my choice of all of the new wave that's out, but when I first saw this one I knew that was the one to get. At first I didn't know why I liked it so much. Then I realized that with the hat and mask, Ki-Adi-Mundi looks like a character from Nausicaa which is one of my all time favorite anime. I think he has a Lord Yupa look going on. Plus his hat covers his oversized conehead. Very cool IMO.

Check it out and tell me what you think.

http://www.rebelscum.com/TLCcomicpacks16.asp

On a similar thought, I like the Sepratist landing craft for the same reason in that it reminds me of the large aircraft from Nausicaa as well.

post-690-1239111793_thumb.jpg

Edited by sharky

CIMG0002.jpg

Wow, hardcore fans really will buy ANYTHING attached to their favorite franchise.

I collect Air Jordan sneakers but stick to the classics (I-VII, original colorways only, pre 2003 retros only) but the stuff Nike puts out that fans buy is mind bogglingly ugly and stupid. For example its like they put out say the Air Jordan III and the Air Jordan VII 10 times each in 10 different colorways so they`re like "what do we do now? - I know! combine the III and VII into one shoe!" And fanboys buy it. The ones that do never even saw Jordan play though and are young and stupid.

I guess the Star Wars toys in the pic are the same, blatant money makers to swindle gullible fans. Who was the idiot in the marketing department that suggested combining Luke and an X wing into one bizarre and shitty looking toy? He was the genius that got a promotion for seeing how many idiots there are in the fanboy community that will buy ANYTHING with "Star Wars" written on it.

Now THESE are cool, something with authenticity, that smart Star Wars fans would buy:

Ambush01.jpg

Edited by MilSpex

Picked up the new Jedi Robes Jar Jar today. It's a cool figure and not only because I half-jokingly asked for one almost ten years ago in various Star Wars "What Figures Would You Like to See?" forum threads. Jar Jar hate was full steam and boiling at that time, and after suggesting a "Jedi Jar Jar Binks" a few times I think I did permanant damage to my reputation there. :lol: (note: I honestly did want one, I've always liked Jar Jar)

It blows my mind to actually have him standing on my desk, robe flowing and weilding a lightsaber with ferocity. I love it. :D

Now I'll go right ahead and say that I want a 12" version from Sideshow.

Can you take some pics of this? I am dying to see what a jedi Jar Jar looks like. Can't say I am a fan of Jar Jar but I was and still am a fan of TPM. I didn't htink it deserved the hate that it got.

Can you take some pics of this? I am dying to see what a jedi Jar Jar looks like. Can't say I am a fan of Jar Jar but I was and still am a fan of TPM. I didn't htink it deserved the hate that it got.

I can't take a pic at the moment, but will post one later. Here's a Hasbro pic.

hasbro05.jpg

He doesn't come with a lightsaber but I've got a zillion of those laying around so no biggie. One thing that's strange is his left hand is sculpted as if it should hold a gun or accessory with a rectangular handle...but he comes with nothing other than the robes.

Hard to see in the image, but he's actually got really good articulation for the most part. Base of neck is a hinge that goes forward and back, head is a ball socket, shoulders are universal joints, biceps rotate, elbows are universal joints, chest/torso is a ball socket that has a lot of range, hips are cut joints and feet are ball socket joints. I would have liked knee joints, but all in all this is the most articulated figure of Binks ever and I'm happy with it. I'd love to see a similarly articulated TMP Jar Jar. None of his TPM figures are really very good.

MEESA CAN BECOME ALL BLUE AND DA GLOWY!! ^_^

:lol:

At least they gave the figure a rather serious expression. Honestly, if they just used a better voice he would have been a great character. Instead the fans have this either love him or hate him thing going.

I am looking for opinions on ~1:18 (3 3/4 scale figure) X- wings vehicles, primarily the Hasbro versions. I want to pick up the definitive X wing in this scale and dont really know where to start. Please post any thoughts or opinions.
Your best bet is the Saga Dagobah version from 2006. It came with removable swamp moss, Dagobah training Luke, and some sea creature. Best one to date, and the weathering isn't overkill like the 2002 version.

My personal favorite is the Red Leader one released shortly afterward, but only because I plan on customizing it. The Dagobah one, and all those following it are basically a reworked FX version. The Dagobah version still uses Luke's markings/stickers, but they gutted the electronics, and remolded the fuselage to remove the missile launcher and flight handle.

As far as markings go, I think the Red Leader version is the one with the least weathering overall, but I could be wrong. It seemed to have the least number of stickers, which made them easy to remove so I can repaint it.

If you're worried about movie accuracy, I'd also recommend looking up spare parts for the original FX version, specifically the nosecone piece.. they child-proofed the original chisel-shaped nosecone when they redesigned these ships, and it looks like it ran into a wall.

I am looking for opinions on ~1:18 (3 3/4 scale figure) X- wings vehicles, primarily the Hasbro versions. I want to pick up the definitive X wing in this scale and dont really know where to start. Please post any thoughts or opinions.

Yeah, the Dagobah X-wing is a good one, and it's reasonable in price. EE has it in stock.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo...?number=HS32459

I believe Wedge's Red 2 X-wing is coming out this year, but I'm not exactly sure when. It should be basically the same thing as Luke's Dagobah one.

http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=11550

The POTF F/X X-wing is pretty cool as it has various lights and sound effects. It is in scale with the figures, but the pilot and R2 are not removable is they move and light up and are part of the effects features.

Very good review

Amazon Listing

http://www.amazon.com/POTF-Electronic-Powe...g/dp/B000E3EE6O

That does look quite the bargain. ^_^ If the price is right, I might get a couple... or maybe a full squadron if I get a little nuts (but not until I get my Mac+ 1/60 trio).

Honestly.. If I knew anything about recasting, I would love to make a new mold of this sculpt to play around with. The wing mechanism has always been the weakest point of the design for me (apart from the new nose), and I've wanted to seriously rework one of these for ages to have solid wings and accurate engines. Plus, I'd love to play with the paint schemes a bit.. I'd love to have a full Rogue Squadron in the custom markings discussed in the "Bacta War" novel.

The only part that worries me about doing that is how I'll ever be able to explain the room full of x-wings to a potential fiancee. Right now, my collection fits in a box that I can hide... :ph34r:

Edited by Chronocidal

If she truly loves you, she won't mind the collection.

Or if that fails, just wave your hand and tell her, "You don't mind this toy collection."

The only part that worries me about doing that is how I'll ever be able to explain the room full of x-wings to a potential fiancee.
Power in numbers, or the universal saying on all action figure forums, "IT'S STAR WARS NOTHING COMPARES TO STAR WARS"<(in reference to how the Star Wars toy line can have uber expensive items, obscure characters and many other things that normally wouldn't have a chance in hell in other lines)

If she truly loves you, she won't mind the collection.

Or if that fails, just wave your hand and tell her, "You don't mind this toy collection."

:lol: If he had that kind of power, he would be doing other things besides changing her mind about his toy collection. :p

:lol: If he had that kind of power, he would be doing other things besides changing her mind about his toy collection. :p

*looks around suspiciously, and waves hand* You want to take off your shirt... :lol:

On another note, apparently the giant Lego Milennium Falcon is 25% off for a bit.. the shop site currently has it for $375, instead of the usual $500. Now the debate begins... that's enough to get a couple valks... or a friggen HUGE lego thing... decisions, decision.. :wacko:

That power would just beg for a trip to the Playboy Mansion. Obviouly with copies of episodes 1 - 6 on DVD, and plenty of good wholesome fun.

• 1 month later...

Statement: Just finished building the HK-47 Build-A-Droid.

Observation: Great articulation. Ball jointed elbows and articulated wrists make killing meatbags easy even without ball jointed shoulders. Observation: Leg articulation is good, too, with ball jointed knees and ankles that make chasing down meatbags easy.

Exclamation: Great figure!

Edited by Uxi

I see the novelty value in it, and it's a neat concept. But, I totally see this going on clearance as I can't imagine the play value is going to last more than an hour before it gets shelved in someone's home.