Star Wars toys

FYI, Ross has been getting AT-TEs and pricing them at $39.99. I have also seen some single carded figures such as the Sandtrooper with weathering along with some of the electronic toy blasters. I know the AT-TE is at Ross for sure because I bought one, but I would also check TJ Maxx and Marshall's as well for deals on Star Wars toys.

My Wedge and Xwing arrived. God I love the X-Wing, its my favourite aircraft in all of Sci Fi. Well, that changes a lot actually, but its right up there! Its just so BADASS looking! Its sleek, its deadly; Its just an amazing design!

The toy looks great. I really need to get around to getting Red Leader as well, so I will have a few different types...

edit: Screw it. FOund Red Leader for an OK price and grabbed it as well :)

Edited by Scream Man

FYI, Ross has been getting AT-TEs and pricing them at $39.99. I have also seen some single carded figures such as the Sandtrooper with weathering along with some of the electronic toy blasters. I know the AT-TE is at Ross for sure because I bought one, but I would also check TJ Maxx and Marshall's as well for deals on Star Wars toys.

I snagged a Rebel Vanguard at TJMaxx for 4bucks. The bazooka he came with was way too big so I gave it to my Halo Hayabusa Armor other than that the figure is pretty good for troop building.

yeah I gotta get that comic pack with krayt and the female Imperial KNight (Thoiugh i havent gotten up to her in the story yet.)

Have been making some mods to my vehicles, making them a bit dirtier and panellining and stuff. Wedges X-Wing is done now, and Ive started repainting Lukes for Corran. Ill post pics sometime soon. I did the Falcon too, which may have pics some pages back I dont know...

My Kyle should arrive soon; I cant wait!

Got my next set of Jedi and some stands, which has been great :) Kyle is a great figure!!

Man, space is a bitch with these guys! Finding toom to display vehicles is tough especially. I love the X-Wings, but I am having trouble finding space for them all (And I still havent got the dagoahbah one!) so thats gonna be interesting.

stupid awesome big vehicles. I think Ill hjave to pass on the turbo tank because it wont fit.

Distribution's been pretty awful at the local brick-and-mortar stores around here.

I don't think I ever saw the HK-47/Empire Strikes Back wave even once, not even one leftover figure or anything.

Still been on the lookout for the latest comic packs too. <_<

The guy at Hasbro who decided on the case assortments for the latest comic packs should be taken out back and beaten like a red-faced Sith apprentice.

Man, space is a bitch with these guys! Finding toom to display vehicles is tough especially. I love the X-Wings, but I am having trouble finding space for them all (And I still havent got the dagoahbah one!) so thats gonna be interesting.

stupid awesome big vehicles. I think Ill hjave to pass on the turbo tank because it wont fit.

Agreed, passed on the AT TE due to lack of space, still want it eventually, looks awesome. The X-Wings rule, still on the fence about buying Wedge's, mainly because I already have Luke's 2006 Dagobah version.
The guy at Hasbro who decided on the case assortments for the latest comic packs should be taken out back and beaten like a red-faced Sith apprentice.
All the new packs should have been packed at least 2 per case, 1 per case packing is terrible, I can tell the packs have been in my area because I see a TON of the Wedge/alien guy packs.

Did they change anything on the Wedge? I have the Red Leader and the only improvement I'd really want is them to fix the sag on the lower s-foils

I'd be guessing no, since it's a design flaw that's been there from the start, and would require an entire rebuild of the toy's internals to fix. The wing mechanism doesn't have the tension to hold the wings steady (or even fully opened for that matter) and the mounting points for the rubbery wings are just shoddy, with way too much play in them.

Beautiful as they are, I've never displayed these X-Wings in any way other than standing on the engines so I don't see the wing slop.

Edited by Chronocidal

Bought the Saga Legends Luke yesterday, was really surprised how much extra weapons were included! :) Much difference with types?

nice touch, and i wanted an extra figure of this sculpt (Luke X-Wing flight suit), my fav of all the figures i have, besides the Obi Wan with Jedi robe type.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Anyone purchased DSII Luke.
Haven't seen it yet.

Got the Clone Wars Y-Wing recently and this SOB is HEAVY. 1-2LB heavy. The removable boosters aren't hollow, they actually have some heft to them. The gimmicks are cool, I definitely prefer this one over the vintage version. I saw a comparison image of the CW Y-Wing with the vintage toy, and the vintage one is SMALL compared to this.

I don't think the ARC-170 and retooled Gunship are worth $65-70 but I think this new Y-Wing is, and I didn't initially. Definitely a worthy pick up and I predict it will be a hot seller this Xmas. Out of all the starfighters Anakin has flown, this is the most beast to me.

Could be alone on this, but anyone else want a Z-95 Headhunter in the starfighter($19.99) size class? Could be cool, and Han Solo flew it according to some books.

a Z-95 is just a poor mans X-Wing. Not abad ship, but the X is better.

I want that new Y-Wing real bad, and i hope we get a vintage Y in the same scale and size. That would be so awesome....

i dont suppose anyone has those lightsabers with the removable blades and the belt tab that they would want to trade for attached blade sabers would they? I have a whole stackand prefer the detachabale blade ones. Green and blue, though i need more blue ones atm. Not SUPER fusse don which hilt, though if there isa green Luke one Id love that...

i hope we get a vintage Y in the same scale and size. That would be so awesome....
Hell yeah. The vintage one is TINY compared to the new one. I could not believe how small it was in comparison. This isn't to say the vintage one is bad, it still looks decent but wow...it's a big change in size.

a Z-95 is just a poor mans X-Wing. Not abad ship, but the X is better.
The X-Wing is definitely better, and I like it better, it's a classic, it's the ship I wanted most when I was younger. The Z-95 I think would be cool for the starfighter assortments, the price is decent, and they need more new molds. Repaints are fine but I'd like to see something new.

Speaking of new I'd LOVE to see the TIE Defender. I didn't like it much at 1st, but now I've grown to like it.

The TIE Defender would be awesome! God I miss playing those old XWING/TIE Games. They kicked so much ass!

The newest A-Wing with the redesigned cockpit arrived today; great ship! really cool toy, and much better than the durty grey/green one i have now.

I love my Action Fleet TIE Defender. I would buy another one, especially a sharper/more detailed/accurate sculpt in a heartbeat.

I saw DS2 luke at Frank & Sons recently. Didn't buy it, though thinking I should have. Maybe this weekend. Looks pretty good. The "box" for the changable flap isn't as annoying as it looks in pictures. I still wish they had just done a running variant... I never much cared for flap open, myself. :shrug:

Given the size of the SW vehicles and Hasbro's output of large vehicles these days, I wonder how collectors can cope with the space they take up. I mean, they just released a retooled version of the standard TIE. What if you're one of those who bought the previous releases (or hell, a squadron of them)?

I'd love to get an AT-TE, but now I have absolutely no space for it.

I never cared for the normal tie that much, but I might be tempted to get an interceptor... I like the smaller vertical space it takes. ^_^

The only reason I have 4 big X-wings is because they're so easy to disassemble. I have all of them in a single box, all in various stages of reworking/fixing. My A-wing and B-wing sit vertically, so they don't take up much space.. shoot, the b-wing is standing on it's cockpit in between two boxes, it barely takes up any room at all that way. :lol:

Lot's of good things coming out for Star Wars. The things I'm a watching out for are the TRU Tie Interceptor and the Target Tie Fighter. I think the Target Tie Fighter can be bought online as well.

I managed to pick up Ep III pilot Obi-Wan with his headset. I didn't even realize he was being released again.

FYI, Star Wars in Concert is in full swing, so keep a look out for a venue near you to see if they are coming to your city. These shows are sure to sell out, so buy your tickets as early as possible. I got my tickets, and I'm taking the family as well. :)

http://www.starwarsinconcert.com/

Edited by sharky

Picked up the DS2 Luke and TPM Obi-Wan yesterday. More than a little disapointed in both. Both lack ball-jointed hips, have hands that don't hold their lightsaber very well and have strange lightsaber sculpts/paint jobs themselves. Both could use unlit hilts with holes on the belt.

Luke has a way too loose torso joint and legs are especially hampered by the slot hip but ball jointed knees which seems to make the legs want to V-out at the knees. OB1's braid is too long, the neck is too long (and skinny), soft goods color is off and the legs don't seem the right shade, either. They're not BAD figures, but definitely not great figures, either.

Edited by Uxi

I collected Star Wars from POTF2 up until when the Force Unleashed figures were released early last year.

All and all I've got around 1100 figures. And a large amount amount of vehicles. Yeah I know that's a lot ;)

Everything is loose and complete with the exception of the extras that came with the figures (comtech chips, slides, etc) all formally displayed and never played with in a smoke free home. I'm stepping up my efforts on getting rid of them all, but I haven't figured the best way to do that yet.

Anyways, the reason I'm mentioning all this is if any fellow MW Star Wars collectors are looking for anything to round out their collection drop me a line and I'll see what I can do to. You name it, chances are I have it :D

cheers!

~James

I just grabbed the old "AOTC" Speeder Bike with Clone Trooper. I've been after one of these for quite sometime now.

The Clone Trooper figure is rubbish (as expected). I got it mainly for the bike: the most accurate 1/18 Speeder Bike so far. Only problem is that the Clone Trooper that comes with it seems to be the only figure capable of riding it. I never missed ball jointed hips so much. I guess Hasbro is waiting 'till the last minute to add those so they can sell us all the characters all over again.