Star Wars toys

Well, I have some stuff to show i guess. Mainly I just panel line stuff, which I have been doing since i started buying Macross toys. Also tend to make them dirtier, adding grease and dirt stains.

Oh, I DID repaint an X-Wing to make Corrans fighter (i really need to look into decals or stickers) and an A-Wing, but thats the only stuff thats a real paint job.

Anyway:

th_SW09.jpg

th_SW08.jpg

th_SW07.jpg

th_SW06.jpg

th_SW05.jpg

th_SW04.jpg

Well, that shut u all up :)

Got my Wedge and Fey'yla today, as well as Nrin and Ibtism. All 4 are great figures, especially the alien pilots. Lets see some more of these Hasbro!

Also got Maces fighter, which looks great in person. Onje of the best ships in the prequals the Delta 7...

The panel lining on those vehicles totally rock! I need to do that. It makes a huge difference. May I ask what kind of pens or markers you used. I'm not that much of a model builder customizer myself, but panel lining looks like something that would be too terribly difficult if you have the time to do it.

Well, I had Gundam pens when i did the Falcon, but they're all used up now. The other ones I used CD_DVD pens that u can buy at Officeworks or other type places. ANy thin permanent marker really.

I keep meaning to test felt tips to see if they will work, but I suspect not....

i got mine on ebay.

So I opened it last night, and my opinion dropped a LITTLE. The pilot figure is pretty lame. i mean it will just be sitting there, but still. The legs are also rather loose, so finding a decent pose can be tricky.

I still like it a lot, and I plan to start the panel lining tonight, but it has dropped in my estimation slightly.

Buddah: Im not sure where u are getting that from. He flies a standard X-Wing for mst of the Xwing series he appears in. At one point he flies a Z-95 Headhunter (The liberation of Coruscant) and then a Clutch fighter (I, Jedi) but his X-Wing was a standard model. I DID change the paint scheme a bit. Its supposed t be normal grey with a green and black trim (Though in Wraith Squadron it's described as being Green with a Black and White trim, so who knows?).

Ruski: I dont usually panel line the insides, but OK :)

So Im thinking about buying some 3/34 scale XWings and making the Rogues from the Bacta War. I remember some of the paint schemes, but Im pretty sure they arent all mentioned (And I cant find the book). SO I ask for help with the Rogue Paint:

Corran: Green/Black/White trim. Made him already

Wedge: Black back, green Fuselage with black and gold checks on the nose (I think)

Tycho: Red with White stripes (On an angle?)

Gavin: Gold with Red scales and a mouth/eyes at the front.

Ooryl: All grey to human eyes.

I seem to recall Bror Jace getting a paint scheme too, but I forget what.

The rest were neevr described, so Im open to suggestiopns for:

Inyri

SHiv

Rysati

Nawara

Asyr

Was Aril Numb still witht he squad then, i forget? thats only 11, so im missing someone.

ANyway, open to ideas! :)

So, I finally caved in and purchased the latest comic packs online (via Hasbro Toy Shop). I didn't want to constantly toy-hunt every weekend and develop an unnatural hatred towards Wedge and his comic pack. :lol:

Here's my reviews and fix-ups:

SIGEL DARE:

Awesome articulation and a great sculpt. Her armor's a little more shiney than her male counterparts, but it's really not that bad. Unfortunately, much like her male counterparts, her hood is way too small to do any good.

Her biggest drawbacks though are as follows:

* The lack of an inner cloak/skirt; and

* Brown (BROWN?!
:blink:
) boots.

Thankfully, these are very easy to rectify:

post-3595-1256876224_thumb.jpg

Now, she blends in much nicer with the rest of her crew:

post-3595-1256876259_thumb.jpg

DARTH KRAYT:

[sarcasm mode] Other than lacking ankle articulation, this figure is the bestest, most awesome representation of Krayt EVER[/sarcasm mode]. . .except:

* The armor should have been more dirty and grimey looking (and less of a uniform, flat grey look);

* He lacks half of his facial tatoos;

* BOTH hands are absolutely sh*tty at holding his lightsabers;

* You can place both of his lightsabers on his back (like the comics), but Hasbro didn't pack him with unlit lightsabers
<_<
;

* The lightsabers I got are little too clear and almost a pink color instead of blood red; and

* The silver paint apps on the hilts of the sabers were too light resulting in the reddish pink of the blades peaking out on the hilts.

Good thing most of these issues can be corrected:

post-3595-1256877505_thumb.jpg post-3595-1256877545_thumb.jpg

Seriously though, once modded and even without the ankle articulation, Krayt does look like an mean mofo on the display shelf.

Next up, Lumiya and Luke.

Edited by Mog

Lumiya:

The Good:

* The swappable heads were a very nice touch by Hasbro;

* The tattered cloak really adds to the overall look of the figure; and

* The lightwhip is made of a flexible enough material that you can mess around with its posing options.

The Frustratingly Bad:

* The lack of ankle articulation absolutely, positively sucks. When you add in the lopsided weight distribution of the lightwhip and the long cloak, posing the figure becomes an adventure in balance and patience. <_<

Still . . .

"Eat your heart out, Luke."

post-3595-1256879605_thumb.jpg

Luke:

I'm actually surprised at how much fun I'm having with posing this figure! I didn't think he'd be all that great, but the shoto and the articulation (ball jointed torso too!) make this a fun Luke to pose.

Add in the great looking headsculpt, and you have a hidden gem of a figure.

I probably won't add him to my permanent display shelf, but the figure is definitely worthy.

It's also nice that we finally get a fully articulated Luke that can pull off a fairly convincing two-handed, arms slightly extended forward lightsaber pose:

post-3595-1256880325_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mog

Luke:

I'm actually surprised at how much fun I'm having with posing this figure! I didn't think he'd be all that great, but the shoto and the articulation (ball jointed torso too!) make this a fun Luke to pose.

Add in the great looking headsculpt, and you have a hidden gem of a figure.

I probably won't add him to my permanent display shelf, but the figure is definitely worthy.

It's also nice that we finally get a fully articulated Luke that can pull off a fairly convincing two-handed, arms slightly extended forward lightsaber pose:

Definitely getting that pack and the Krayt pack eventually. The Luke figure reminds me of that guy from the Cobra Kai dojo that got beat by Daniel san at the end of the 1st Karate Kid movie.

So Im thinking about buying some 3/34 scale XWings and making the Rogues from the Bacta War. I remember some of the paint schemes, but Im pretty sure they arent all mentioned (And I cant find the book). SO I ask for help with the Rogue Paint:

Corran: Green/Black/White trim. Made him already

Wedge: Black back, green Fuselage with black and gold checks on the nose (I think)

Tycho: Red with White stripes (On an angle?)

Gavin: Gold with Red scales and a mouth/eyes at the front.

Ooryl: All grey to human eyes.

I seem to recall Bror Jace getting a paint scheme too, but I forget what.

The rest were neevr described, so Im open to suggestiopns for:

Inyri

SHiv

Rysati

Nawara

Asyr

Was Aril Numb still witht he squad then, i forget? thats only 11, so im missing someone.

ANyway, open to ideas! :)

I know I've got that book stashed somewhere, I'll see if I can find it tomorrow, and post up the ones you're missing (provided they're all listed to begin with).

Now a big question... Who here has enough legos to rebuild the collector series star destroyer in all red bricks to make a UCS Errant Venture? :D

I know I've got that book stashed somewhere, I'll see if I can find it tomorrow, and post up the ones you're missing (provided they're all listed to begin with).

Now a big question... Who here has enough legos to rebuild the collector series star destroyer in all red bricks to make a UCS Errant Venture? :D

Oh. man, that would be so sweet.

I've been eyeing that Falcon and Deathstar. If I only had some more time on my hands.

Man, an Errant Venture would be awesome! Id love a Booster and a Mirax figure!

I know u meant Lego, but I can dream :)

Got mje a Naboo STarfighter today! Great ship, and the toy is awesome. i got it cheap to which makes it all the sweeter! :)

Are you referring to the Lego Naboo or the Hasbro Naboo Fighter. Both are pretty sweet.

Well, lego's had (I think) 3 versions of that ship.. the first wasn't great, but the later UCS one was nice. Can't remember much of the most recent one, but it was better than the first.

The original Episode I toy though.. that was a rarity. Not in terms of hard to find, but rare that they produced something so accurate, and even in a good scale with the figures. Most of the time, ships get mangled to fit the figures (looking at you, original X-wing <_<).

The old N-1 fits in that tiny category of vehicles where it actually makes sense to produce it in the correct scale for the figures (others being things like the A-wing and Snowspeeder). It's a BIG ship.. but it gets surprisingly compact when you remove the engines and tail section.

Btw, if you're hoping to get the giant Lego Falcon, better step on it. Apparently it's now out of production, and they're emptying their remaining stock. :(

Edited by Chronocidal

Well, lego's had (I think) 3 versions of that ship.. the first wasn't great, but the later UCS one was nice. Can't remember much of the most recent one, but it was better than the first.

The original Episode I toy though.. that was a rarity. Not in terms of hard to find, but rare that they produced something so accurate, and even in a good scale with the figures. Most of the time, ships get mangled to fit the figures (looking at you, original X-wing <_<).

The old N-1 fits in that tiny category of vehicles where it actually makes sense to produce it in the correct scale for the figures (others being things like the A-wing and Snowspeeder). It's a BIG ship.. but it gets surprisingly compact when you remove the engines and tail section.

Btw, if you're hoping to get the giant Lego Falcon, better step on it. Apparently it's now out of production, and they're emptying their remaining stock. :(

I know man. But 600 bucks. That's like, 2.5 valkyries. :unsure:

Priorities.

The second of my Rogue Squadron X-wing custioms:

Tycho Celchu is Wedges 2nd in command of the Rogues, and after Wedge gets promoted he takes over as Rogue lead. His X-Wings scheme is based off the Alderaanian Royal Guard's paint scheme.

i might try and do the panellining, but the pens take very badly to paint, so it may not work.

th_SW26.jpg

th_SW27.jpg

th_sw25.jpg

Edited by Scream Man