Macross Frontier toys and/or models

Dante74

I'm not sure if I will get these if the turn out to be toys. I really want my stuff to be the same scale as my other Valks. :mellow:

Notice how the girl is trying to get our attention in the fourth pic? We're not looking at you b!tch, we're geeks, we're afraid of women and there's a mecha toy in the shot so whatever you do, we won't look at ya, with your hot lips and your big boobs and your beautiful eyes and...and...I'll be in my bunk.

Notice how the girl is trying to get our attention in the fourth pic? We're not looking at you b!tch, we're geeks, we're afraid of women and there's a mecha toy in the shot so whatever you do, we won't look at ya, with your hot lips and your big boobs and your beautiful eyes and...and...I'll be in my bunk.

LMAO!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's probably her man holding the VF-25. He probably told her, "Baby, I've got not time for you, but you can play with the fold booster for my YF-19; it's in the top drawer, as always."

They are planning on releasing 1/60 (or 1/100 - the actual scale hasn't really been locked down as far as I have found) battroid figures via the HCM production line from what I've heard, to take advantage of the Revoltech dominated market of poseable robot figures. However, since they'll be like the HCM line, the sculpts will be superior, but articulation will not allow for the super dramatic poses Revoltech figures have become known for.

Though judging by SK's face in the pictures I get the impression his smile was being polite. I have no doubt he'd rather Yamato do the transforming toys and Hasegawa do the model kits. Bandai is too big and too commited to it's cash cow, Gundam, to really make quality toys of any other franchise...

They are fixated on making transforming "model kits" as opposed to toys and everything has to be within the 1/100 - 1/144 Gundam scale. Completely out of touch with the fanbase... :rolleyes:

Actually, from the last picture it looks like SK is holding a 1/72 mockup of the VF-25 with Fast Packs!!

COULD IT BE??!! Is Bandai actually considering stepping out of the comfort zone and producing a VF-25 fighter in 1/72 scale???!!

Check for signs of the appocalypse!! :ph34r:

Edited by Zinjo

Don't be sad. As a "model guy" I'm ticked off its not a Hasegawa. That battroid looks really piss poor compared to a Hase Vf-1... then again it might be a toy.

Um... err... yeah, but compared to my basket full of apples and oranges the Hasegawas totally loose out...

i think they're models myself.

I dunno if Ill get em or not. I htink ill wait. Yamato is currently keeping me happily in transforming planes, I dont need to branch out.

Still, be nice to see them when they're done. There arent any super clear pics of the plane in 3d out there.

Can anyone translate the on screen text and what they were saying?

My guess is that it's something like: "With these new Macross F toys Bandai promises to leap into the forfront of Macross toys having carefully studied Yamato's toys over the last ten years and learning from the mistakes that company made. They will be as elegant as a bird, yet as rugged and satisfying to hold and transform as a vintage 1/55 VF-1 toy."

:p

They are planning on releasing 1/60 (or 1/100 - the actual scale hasn't really been locked down as far as I have found) battroid figures via the HCM production line from what I've heard, to take advantage of the Revoltech dominated market of poseable robot figures. However, since they'll be like the HCM line, the sculpts will be superior, but articulation will not allow for the super dramatic poses Revoltech figures have become known for.

Where did you hear that from? What else was said?

cool, but i'll wait it out like a trooper for Yamato to take the reigns.

Come on bandai, you know what i want... starts with an S, ends with a C and a big OHHHhhhhhhH smack bang in the middle.

I wonder if it would transform considering everything else in the line are non transforming mechas...

Woohoo! At least we're seeing MacFrontier toys/models (with FAST packs)! Looking forward to these, regardless who makes them. Would still love Yamato to make a 1/60 VF-25 sometime in the (near) future.

Big question now is: When and how much?

EDIT: LOL @ the last image.. Kawamori's looking at that model/thing, going: "WTF".

Edited by OmegaD3k

EDIT: LOL @ the last image.. Kawamori's looking at that model/thing, going: "WTF".

Yea its like he's saying, "eheh yea guys, this is....nice..", but in his mind he's like "all that hype and these sons of bitches give me an amber dildo with wings, god damn it I'm better off with my legos".

Of course I realize these are early prototypes and will change no doubt, but his expression is funny.

Well if those models are 1/72 then they are in scale with the Hasegawa models and Yamato's old Macross Plus.

1/100 will size up with the Yamato Monster and the variable VF-1 series from Toynami.

1/72, 1/100, even 1/144 are standard model scales while 1/55 and 1/60 are not.

I like that they are being made but I hope that I can continue my lineup of models starting with the M0 MIG and currently ends with the M Plus YF-21.

How about 1/72 for the modelers and 1/60 for the toys?

I wonder if it would transform considering everything else in the line are non transforming mechas...

There are several transforming toys in Bandai's Soul of Chogokin line. Dancougar, Iron Gear, Xabungle, Walker Galliar, Lightan, Leopaldon, etc.

Bandai - when it decides to put the energy into it - has designed some of the best transforming mecha out there. I don't think anyone here denies that.

Sure, it's sad that they've done nothing but recycle old molds on the variable fighters up to this point, but I hope they learned a little something when Yamatos 1/48 killed their 1/55 re-release. As much as I love the chunky monkeys for being a nigh indestructible piece of history, if Bandai wants their Macross stuff to earn them a little moolah they have to be as innovative as they are capable of being.

Just looking at a few of the details on the white model, I'm cautiously optimistic. Somebody at Bandai has to be getting bored of just doing Gundam over and over again. Somebody? Anybody?

And yes, Kamawori does have a look like "Uh, did you get this out of my wife's top drawer?"

Heh, weird, I don't remember seeing these in the 25th anniversery special.

I'm guessing these are transforming toys in 1/100 scale, probably with a HCM-Pro level of quality and articulation. I doubt we will see larger deluxe versions from Bandai.

Bear in mind that what you are seeing is obviously very early stage samples made on a rapid prototype machine, so the finished versions will probably look far better.

Hopefully these will be shown in a more finished form at Wonder Fest on Feb 24.

Looks like we will have to wait several years for larger detailed versions from Yamato and Hasegawa. :(

Oh and Bandai better bloody well do the VF-171!

Graham