Macross Frontier toys and/or models

Dante74

I wouldn't panic too much about exactly what we're seeing there... As has been mentioned a couple times, they look like stereolithography models, aka rapid-prototype/3D printer stuff... Possibly somebody just ran off a few of the animation CG models for kicks? I've worked with a machine that can make models like those in ~10-20 hours. (Basically, just load the CAD model, click "Print", and come back the next day.)

I know if I had access to those files, that's one of the first things I'd do. (Quickly followed by milling one out of foam, and putting RC gear in it!)

~Luke

Edited by IAD

I wouldn't panic too much about exactly what we're seeing there... As has been mentioned a couple times, they look like stereolithography models, aka rapid-prototype/3D printer stuff... Possibly somebody just ran off a few of the animation CG models for kicks? I've worked with a machine that can make models like those in ~10-20 hours. (Basically, just load the CAD model, click "Print", and come back the next day.)

I know if I had access to those files, that's one of the first things I'd do. (Quickly followed by milling one out of foam, and putting RC gear in it!)

~Luke

Will you be making a RC VF-25 once the line art and other reference material becomes available?

~Luke

I agree. There is no mention in the show when the sample was shown that there are from Bandai. They didn't even said that it is a product.

From my limited understanding of Japanese, it seem that Kawamori just show off some 3D sculpt of this design.

And the girl goes: wah, how much does it cost to create these. Enough money to buy a car?!

and so on.

But my command of Japanese is fairly limited, so I could be wrong. I watch the video at work, so didn't replay a few time to try to understand more.

Well the best idea is wait and see IMO. If Bandai are already producing proto's then they are showing an interest in toy production from the start which everyone should be jumping for joy over, but alass the MW bashing of a product begins. I think that the proto's look pretty good granted you can't see much detail but at least the work has begun. Sure it would be nice to have Yamato produce these new valks but I'm hoping that you guy's aren't just turning into Yamato supporters as what good would it do to just have one company to produce Macross toys, you might aswell just hand your wallets to Yamato and let them charge what they please and I'm sure a lot of you would pay it.

Well I don't like just having one company with all the eggs in thier basket and I'm hoping the Bandai comes out with some really top products that are sure to retail for less than Yamato's. I myself have only just started collecting some gundam products, HCM pro's mainly and I have to say they are awesome figures and the special painted versions make my Yammies look a little bland. Sure the Yammies are great and I love them to death but right now I'm looking at my 1/48 VF-1S against my 1/200 Sazabi SP and it's over all finish kills the VF-1S and no stickers to apply and look crap.

Sure Bandai has not got the greatest record when it comes to supporting Macross however as far as I know they have only produced a couple of macross toy's and the rest where moulds purchased from companies that went broke and folded due to I guess not a lot of interest in those companies products. If it was not for Bandai then those old models and toys would have been lost so maybe everybody should bash Arii for there crap designs as all bandia did was rerelease them so we had at least something macross to build or display. It could be worse we could be getting Monogram/Revell to do the models and lets get Mattel to do the toy's, if any of you have issues with QC you should look at them ( Bought my daughter a Barbi horse float van thing and it fell apart removing from the box, great QC).

Gundam is Bandai's cash cow we all know that but what I can't understand is all the bashing of bandai for producing items that sell and keep there comany moving forward, but you can't expect them to just drop that to produce macross toy's and models. I can imagine the outrage if all the gundam fans pushed Yamato into scaling down thier Macross lines to produce gundams. I'll agree that it will all depend on how well Macross F will do but I'm sure from most people here that it will be successful, it will all depend as some of the past macross has been a little bit of a let down in a lot of ways like M7 and to some extent Macross Zero and I for one am not one for space bugs ( call them what you like bio weapons or what not), it just a little Macross Pest Control to me but that's me and I don't expect anyone to agree, but I am a fan of the new VF-25 and would like some nice models and toys and don't care who makes them just as long as they aren't crap. If Bandai makes a mess of this then we will have every right to run Bandai into the ground but lets see the finished product.

And yet your avatar is a Gundam. :lol:

I was warned when I first joined the boards on the model side of the house to stay way from the toys. I failed to listen to the warning and fell victim.

It started with buying Gundam models to steal the hands and the final nail in the coffin was the Xenoforce update for Command and Conquer. Now there is a Gundam shelf in my Macross display case.

Next thing you know I will start relating to the characters in Yukikaze.

Really need Macross F so I have a new fix. :blink:

I'm happy with smaller scales, 1/48 scale valks are great but space becomes a problem, even with the 1/60's and I don't want to leave them in boxes in storage somewhere that's no fun. If the VF-25 is a good size 1/100 would be nice but I would still want a 1/60 Yamato in the future.

it just a little Macross Pest Control to me but that's me and I don't expect anyone to agree, but I am a fan of the new VF-25 and would like some nice models and toys and don't care who makes them just as long as they aren't crap. If Bandai makes a mess of this then we will have every right to run Bandai into the ground but lets see the finished product.

What if the bugs weren't bugs but transforming mechas kinda like the octos? And they are saving it up for another episode? Transforming inbit would be scary. If it was, I hope it isn't some biomophic transformation. But given that the humans had already used stretchy skin on the yf-21 it wouldn't surprise me..

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I was warned when I first joined the boards on the model side of the house to stay way from the toys. I failed to listen to the warning and fell victim.

It started with buying Gundam models to steal the hands and the final nail in the coffin was the Xenoforce update for Command and Conquer. Now there is a Gundam shelf in my Macross display case.

Next thing you know I will start relating to the characters in Yukikaze.

Really need Macross F so I have a new fix. :blink:

Yukikaze is too emo. Lol.

What if the bugs weren't bugs but transforming mechas kinda like the octos? And they are saving it up for another episode? Transforming inbit would be scary. If it was, I hope it isn't some biomophic transformation. But given that the humans had already used stretchy skin on the yf-21 it wouldn't surprise me..

That would be cool with me and the inbit in mospeada were fine as they had that mecha style and feel to them, but not just bugs. I can't coment on the new macross as I wont get to see it until we have some sought of DVD release and who knows how long that will be. So for now I'm hoping on some nice models and toys to tie me over and give me a new mecha fix and I don't really care who makes them just aslong as they are good.

They look like gashapon prototypes to me, not much detail and no moving parts.

I hope Bandai does something a bit more ambitious, they're capable of great things when they put their money/best people on the job.

If they did that we wouldn't have any gundam repaints!!!!