10,000 BC

From director Roland Emmerich (Independence Day, Universal Soldier) comes 10,000 BC, an adventure that takes place during the Dawn of Man. The film stars Steven Strait (Caleb in The Covenant) as D'Leh, Camilla Belle (Jill in When a Stranger Calls) as Evolet and legendary actor Omar Sharif (Dr. Zhivago) as Old Baku. 10,000 BC premieres on March 7, and will be released by Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures.

post-237-1201407625_thumb.jpg

Edited by areaseven

Movies are getting too expensive to see mediocrity in the theater. For $2 more than the price of two matinee tickets I can buy a used Blu-ray from the CD Warehouse by my apartment, and watch it at home with my wife on my adequate home theater set up without putting up with uncomfortable theater seats (plus I don't have to wear pants... always a plus!). And, if I don't like it, I can resell it and wind up paying less in total than the matinee.

Edited by mikeszekely

Cavemen using mamoths to destroy cities?

I don't think I could enjoy this movie. For some movies, you have to zone out and go for the ride, but this would just frustrate the hell out out of me.

yeah, even I think this movie looks like a giant pile of poo.

heh.

Looks like they're really running with the theory that there was an ancient advanced civilization that predated the aztecs/mayans/egyptians and that they were the first ones to build the pyramids/zygurats.

LOL! Maybe at the end of the movie, they'll find some alien ship buried under a pyramid so they'll be able to do a sequel.

LOL! Maybe at the end of the movie, they'll find some alien ship buried under a pyramid so they'll be able to do a sequel.

since they seem to be borrowing lines and scenes from other movies, they should take a page from planet of the apes.. at the end, prehistoric maximus should destroy the temple... only to have it collapse into a giant pit and when they look bellow, they see the rotting skeletons of skyscrapers! ZOMG, this is our future!

since they seem to be borrowing lines and scenes from other movies, they should take a page from planet of the apes.. at the end, prehistoric maximus should destroy the temple... only to have it collapse into a giant pit and when they look bellow, they see the rotting skeletons of skyscrapers! ZOMG, this is our future!

Eugimon, I would gladly pay $2.00 at the second run theaters to see your movie. Which is $2.00 more than I'll pay for 10,000 BC. Fool me once, Emmerich, shame on you. Fool me twice....? I don't think so.

So is this a remake, revisioning, a sequel or just another ripoff of the old '60s Raquel Welch movie "1,000,000 BC"?

Studio Executive: "Hey remember that Raquel Welch movie they made in the '60s with the rubber dinosaurs? That thing was big juju back then"

Roland Emmerich: "It'll never fly today! Today's audience demands MORE!"

Studio Executive: "You mean better scripts, intelligent plots, decent acting and competent direction?"

Roland Emmerich: "HELL NO! I mean move the decimal point, throw in some eye candy in fur bikinis, CG the crap out of it and bing... one hundred million in the bank."

I'm considering seeing it....but only if it is in the IMax....which is likely.....also because I really don't GO to see movies anymore...I just wait for them to come out on NetFlix.

:ph34r:

While I did enjoy the Stargate movie when I was 17, I've yet to see anything from these guys that wasn't a derivative, unimaginative piece of crap. Hell, they're even ripping themselves off now, as they've ALREADY made an origin of the pyramids movie. Add to that, the fact that I'm an amateur paleontologist, and I get the feeling that I'd be hurling feces at the screen.

Edited by Kelsain

Add to that, the fact that I'm an amateur paleontologist, and I get the feeling that I'd be hurling feces at the screen.

Heh, one reason friends wont go to movies like this with me anymore is because I'm somewhat similar. I couldn't sit throught that atrocity called Pathfinder because I've been studying (in my spare time) the Germanic warriors of The Migration Period. They threatened to do grievous harm to me following my unmerciful critiquing of The Two Towers (and I've only watched The Return of the King once....which was more than enough).

Edited by 1st Border Red Devil

I seen the trailer and there freaking speaking in english. I was expecting grunts and "Ugh-gha", "Ugh-gha's". The last time cavemen spoke albiet in an English accent was on the very first episode of the original Dr. Who and those sarcastic cavemen on those Geico commercials.

Edited by gerwalk25

I seen the trailer and there freaking speaking in english. I was expecting grunts and "Ugh-gha", "Ugh-gha's". The last time cavemen spoke albiet in an English accent was on the very first episode of the original Dr. Who and those sarcastic cavemen on those Geico commercials.

but notice, they... speak... halt-ing-ly... and... br-eak-up... words... with... m-ore... than... one... word! very realistic imo. :p

The moment I heard "You have a destiny" or something along those lines, I fell asleep. Why do all the protagonists have to have a destiny? Why does everything have to be LOTRs? The idea of a prehistory movie is something I think would be cool, but alas, they seem to feel the need to make this into Gladiator, mixed with LOTRs, staring cavemen.

We're talking about going to go see this drunk with some anthropology PhD students and laugh.

A lot.

Drunk??? :huh: More like stoned :D

:ph34r:

As a anthropology student I'd have to be seriously drunk to have even a remotely good time watching this movie. Maybe even a little stoned... Actually, you'd probably have to club me over the head and drag my limp body into the theater.

Edited by GobotFool

Mammoths....NOT in snow.......not shaved either...........humans who look like humans and not something of a lesser degree......giant civlizations...aaaannnnnnnd giant poorly cg'ed so not realistic looking sabertooth tiger............who passes on a human morsal.........yep.......pass.

They're building Pyramids? Where's the Predators? I thought it was the Predators that taught man how to build them :lol:

They're probably under the pyramids, showing the puny humans how to install their Alien queens in their most efficient configuration.

10000 BC looks like today's Kull the Conqueror. Kull was atrociously bad, but also hilariously so; maybe this movie will be the same... probably not. :rolleyes:

This movie is probably going to take itself too seriously for it to be any fun to mock.

Edited by GobotFool

This movie is probably going to take itself too seriously for it to be any fun to mock.

I'll have to disagree there. The fun derived from mocking a film is inversely proportional to how serious it takes itself.