Macross Frontier News Thread *Read 1st post*

azrael

Anyone know where I can get a Japanese cellphone? ^_^

You'll also need a Japanese phone number, a cellphone plan, etc. as well as Japanese residency, etc.

(hint: Start posting on the Macross official BBS and give our Japanese users some hints)

Are there any MW members currently (1) Serving in Japan or Okinowa (2) Have a Japanesse Cell Phone & (3) Live off base?

:blink:

I doubt they would count the BEQ or a Ship's APO address but it couldn't. Graham? I know your always in that part of the world, can you partiapate?

Wait a minute, they're naminmg the VF-25 after the show is this far into production? Would have been nice if htey had this contest back in August, but oh well.

Wait a minute, they're naminmg the VF-25 after the show is this far into production? Would have been nice if htey had this contest back in August, but oh well.

It's to grab some audience to the series.

Nice scans, although I thought this month's Newtype has 6 pages of Frontier stuff? So there are still possibly two more pages we haven't seen yet.

Interesting, I bet that blue and White VF-25 belongs to Michael. Looks quite silmilar to Max's TV VF-1J scheme. I note that it is different to the blue and white (I say purple and white) color scheme that appeared in the early commercials. It looks like that early scheme was just a placeholder color, as I and others suspected. Good thing too, as it was fugly IMO.

So looks like we have at least 4 color variations of the VF-25 for Bandai to make as toys: -

1) Ozuma's grey w/black and yellow trim.

2) Alto's white w/black and red trim.

3) Blue and white (Michael?).

4) Cannon Fodder, tan and white.

Plus hopefully Armoured Packs and Super Packs in matching colors! Between Bandai and Yamato, it's gonna be an expensive year!

Graham

Here are the Macross Frontier scans from the April 2008 issue of Newtype Magazine.

2002846113080974407_th.jpg

2002845706832649064_th.jpg

The website of Newtype Japan hasn't updated the front page to feature the April issue and we're already seeing the scans of the pages... I love the internet! Thanks UN Spacy

I hope someone can let us know what's included in the DVD :)

there's nothing in either page for me to translate that isn't already known. although the character chart showing the character's relationships to each other is pretty interesting.

I suspect the VF-25 doesn't have a name yet and that the SMS will christen it with a name by the end of the series. So there is time for them to come up with a name for the cast to record before the show is finished in September.

Interesting, I bet that blue and White VF-25 belongs to Michael. Looks quite silmilar to Max's TV VF-1J scheme. I note that it is different to the blue and white (I say purple and white) color scheme that appeared in the early commercials. It looks like that early scheme was just a placeholder color, as I and others suspected. Good thing too, as it was fugly IMO.

Graham

Not necessarily. The school's acrobatic team that flew at Sheryl's concert had 4 people in it. Micheal (blue). Alto (red), Luca (green) and another unamed flyer who had purple trim on his suit. You see them at the beginning of ep 1.

Edited by Zinjo

I agree. Many of the Valkyrie names are known from outside the anime series. And even those names that are mentioned within an anime are almost always within throwaway lines or mentioned once and never again. Not a big deal really and like I said in the naming thread, it's not like the names for the Valkyries are anything particularly creative or memorable.

I agree. Many of the Valkyrie names are known from outside the anime series. And even those names that are mentioned within an anime are almost always within throwaway lines or mentioned once and never again. Not a big deal really and like I said in the naming thread, it's not like the names for the Valkyries are anything particularly creative or memorable.

I didn't know that the VF-0 had a name:

VF-1 バルキリー = Valkyrie

VF-4 ライトニング = Lightning

VF-11 サンダーボルト = Thunderbolt

VF-17 ナイトメア = Nightmare

VF-19 エクスカリバー = Excalibur

VF-0 フェニックス = Phoenix

Might be useful for your website Mr March :)

PS: this was taken from the Macross F information page so I think it's official.

VF-1 バルキリー = Valkyrie

VF-4 ライトニング = Lightning

VF-17 ナイトメア = Nightmare

VF-0 フェニックス = Phoenix

PS: this was taken from the Macross F information page so I think it's official.

"Phoenix" may be moved to nickname status like "Star Mirage". I've never seen it on any of the texts or Yammies.

"Phoenix" may be moved to nickname status like "Star Mirage". I've never seen it on any of the texts or Yammies.

Always felt that the Zero should have had the nick-name of "Loki" like the trickster, it transformed... but that's just me... :p

VF-1 バルキリー = Valkyrie

VF-4 ライトニング = Lightning

VF-17 ナイトメア = Nightmare

VF-0 フェニックス = Phoenix

Wow. That's a significant find GGemini. I can certainly make note of it on the M3, though as azrael has wisely pointed out it may be prudent to make note that "Phoenix" is perhaps just a nickname. Regardless, this inclusion on the official website is enough to convince me it should at least be included in the M3, even with a footnote. My thanks.

I have a hard time buying a 10 year old girl leading what is essentially a special forces team. I don't care that she's actually a miclonized Meltrandi.

“Size matters not, ... Look at me. Judge me by size, do you?”

She's older than she looks. :lol:

Some snaps from NT's DVD.

Klein Klan is really CUTE girl~~~~~~~~~~

HAHA

p.s.

Who can upload the new PV??

I miss it...

Loli miclonised zentraedi....mmmm.

It appeared on Macross the PS2 game as VF-0 Phoenix. At least what was going to be in the game. The trailer for the game showed that the VF-0 Phoenix and SV-51 (no name) as selectable valkyries. But these VFs never made it in the final game. Trailer can be found on youtube.

I have a hard time buying a 10 year old girl leading what is essentially a special forces team. I don't care that she's actually a miclonized Meltrandi.

I mean, this is Macross, man.

And i thought they were getting too lolicon with Ranka :lol:

So she's the commander of the SMS pilots? I remember seeing an old guy as the captain of their ship in the first ep.

It's to early to say what Klein Klan's exact postion is within SMS.

It's been stated that she is a captain, but captain of what? At this stage we still know next to nothing about SMS.

My guess is that she is the leader for a Flight or Squadron of SMS Q-Raus.

Graham

This thread is for promotional materials only (magazine articles, commercials, website updates etc.). Please do not post any links to episodes or full soundtracks anywhere in the forum.

Oops sorry :(

Edited by GGemini
Violation of guidelines for this thread

So she's the commander of the SMS pilots? I remember seeing an old guy as the captain of their ship in the first ep.

According to MWer Akem's translation of chapter 3 of the Macross Frontier manga, Klein Klan is captain of Pixie squadron.

Graham

According to MWer Akem's translation of chapter 3 of the Macross Frontier manga, Klein Klan is captain of Pixie squadron.

Graham

Pixie squadron? Hmm, now I'm imagining a squad of chibi Q-Rau led by loli Klein Klan......, thats what I called culture shock.