Macross 25th Anniversary and Macross F/Frontier news thread III

azrael

Ok, so, now we know the VF-25 is a UN Spacy's new main fighter. Its not a SMS exclusive. And the "private military force" reeks of defense contractors. The UN has to outsource its emigration fleet defense? Stretched too thin, or perhaps in a heavy engagement elsewhere...?

maybe they're picking up from macross plus where they alluded to dissension among the colonies.

I don't recall that?

I need some clarification here. Is Sheryl Nome from the Macross class "Galaxy", or is she a star on the "Galaxy Network"?

I think the colony unrest angle only came out in the Mac+ OVA, and was the background for the combat in the opening scenes.

As for Sheryl, I think the Galaxy Network is just the name for the media communications network between the colonies/fleets. The Galaxy is probably the colony ship or fleet where Sheryl started her career.

As for her being virtual or not, we don't see a separate name for the girl with the beret and the fanservice girl, so if she is virtual, she's still using her real name, as opposed to an alias. The scenes in the trailers so far have shown pretty clearly that the beret girl is human (no reason for a hologram to be taking a transport, walking through a crowd, etc.). Whether she has a virtual twin that has it's own personality is another story though (this far after Mac+, they may have fixed the bio-neural chips that sent Sharon off the deep end).

Edited by Chronocidal

As for Sheryl, I think the Galaxy Network is just the name for the media communications network between the colonies/fleets. The Galaxy is probably the colony ship or fleet where Sheryl started her career.

Yes, but I'm just wondering if we're misreading it, if its been lost in the translation. Is she literally from the Macross Galaxy fleet, or is she just the hot star they've been listening to on the Galaxy Network?

Well, buying the January issue of Animedia was a waste of HK$57! There's only a tiny little Macross Frontier article in the top-left 1/9th of one of the pages (see attached pic).

I think I'm going to stick to buying only Newtype from now on and give Animedia and Animage a miss, unless Macross Frontier is specifically mentioned on the covers.

Graham

post-11-1197353657_thumb.jpg

The Galaxy is probably the colony ship or fleet where Sheryl started her career.

As for her being virtual or not, we don't see a separate name for the girl with the beret and the fanservice girl, so if she is virtual, she's still using her real name, as opposed to an alias. The scenes in the trailers so far have shown pretty clearly that the beret girl is human (no reason for a hologram to be taking a transport, walking through a crowd, etc.). Whether she has a virtual twin that has it's own personality is another story though (this far after Mac+, they may have fixed the bio-neural chips that sent Sharon off the deep end).

The Galaxy fleet could be where she's originally from. This "Fairy of Galaxy" alludes to that.

I think she's real. If she was a virtual idol, they probably would have mentioned it.

I don't recall that?

I need some clarification here. Is Sheryl Nome from the Macross class "Galaxy", or is she a star on the "Galaxy Network"?

Sorry....

Now, clarify it!!!

1、

Macross Galaxy is Fleet.(「マクロス・ギャラクシー」船団)

Sheryl is Macross Galaxy Super Idol, she is called "Fairy of Galaxy"(銀河の妖精), And go to Frontier for the Live.

by NT Jan. Issue

Japanese description:

「銀河の妖精」の名で親しまれる、マクロス・ギャラクシー船団出身のスーパーアイドル。

フロンティアへはライブのために来船する。

=========================================

2、Maybe Sheryl is a student too.

Is it a School life about Pilot and Singer?

by NT Dec. Issue, pp.126

Japanese description:

パイロットと歌手の卵の学園生活?

3、 Sheryl is real idol! She is Galaxy Network Rank Top Idol.

by NT Dec. Issue, pp. 61

Japanese description:

NT

シェリルは銀河ネットワークのアイドル。

and MBS Macross F Offical Website:

シェリルは銀河ネットワークのヒットチャートで常に上位にランクインする誇り高きトップ・アイドルである。

BTW,

4、

by the html page title of Macross F Official Website

http://www.macrossf.com/index.html

html resource code:

<title>マクロス FRONTIER</title>

フロンティア is Frontier!!!

It is not Flontier or Flantier

^^

5、

Definitely, there is New U.N. Spacy!!!

Frontier is a city(居住艦) and battle ship(戦闘艦) unit by New U.N. Spacy, 10 million or more people live in it.

by MBS website

Japanese description:

「フロンティア」には宇宙船には新・統合軍による戦闘艦と一体化した居住艦を中心として1000万人以上が暮らす。

+ +

Edited by kresphy

Mother of GOD!!!!! :ph34r:

I leave this forum for a few months and this is what I find!!!!

I'm starting to love the VF-25.

BTW while googling i did find this image of the supposedly armored VF-25 from Hobby fanatic:

http://www.hobbyfanatics.com/index.php?sho...14588&st=45

this one too:

http://www.hobbyfanatics.com/index.php?act...st&id=26362

uhmmmm... Why am I getting private military contractor (pmc) vibes from the SMS? No idea though if its a good thing or bad. :-( Hmmm.... Its seems PMCs in mecha anime (see Gundam 00) are becoming prominent.

ALSO:

http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1194901870636dl4.jpg

The mature dude is giving me Roy Focker vibes as well. :-)

Edited by grss1982

Be interesting if the blonde girl that looks similar to Sheryl acts as a bodyguard for her. Or at times, even a double. Dunno why, but the Warrior Trilogy by Michael A. Stackpole who wrote the Battletech novels comes to mind.......

Mother of GOD!!!!! :ph34r:

I leave this forum for a few months and this is what I find!!!!

I'm starting to love the VF-25.

BTW while googling i did find this image of the supposedly armored VF-25 from Hobby fanatic:

http://www.hobbyfanatics.com/index.php?sho...14588&st=45

Heh, you are a little bit late to the party, those pics were also posted and discussed here in the old super thread nearly a month ago on Nov 17.

You might also want to check out the link in my signature for lots more pics.

Graham

uhmmmm... Why am I getting private military contractor (pmc) vibes from the SMS? No idea though if its a good thing or bad. :-( Hmmm.... Its seems PMCs in mecha anime (see Gundam 00) are becoming prominent.

ALSO:

http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1194901870636dl4.jpg

The mature dude is giving me Roy Focker vibes as well. :-)

Probably just following a real world trend, there are tons of private military contractors out there now, for anything from hostage negotiation to guarding water trucks for the military.

I don't think we'll be seeing the U.N spacy millitary forces in this series. If there is anything they do when they come against a powerful foe is to just buy time even if it means to sacrifice a ship or colonial fleet just like in SDF and in M7. the whole defense would be carried only by the SMS. However if the alien bugs threat is too big i think that at some point they could send a task force to take over military operations on the Macross frontier fleet. still that's just my guess. i really hope to see some VF-19 A/F/S or VF-22S CGI at some point.

BTW one think i recall from the M+ OVA is that among the issue the super nova project was imed at was the situation when there would be colonial disputes. I certainly hope this does not happens since this type of story is covered only by the "other mecha show".

the kanji characters 新・統合軍 (shin tougougun, shin means new) have always been used to describe UN Spacy post Space War I. in other words, New UN Spacy simply means newly rebuilt after Space War I in 2010. that would mean it is the same UN Spacy we saw in M plus and 7.

the kanji characters 新・統合軍 (shin tougougun, shin means new) have always been used to describe UN Spacy post Space War I. in other words, New UN Spacy simply means newly rebuilt after Space War I in 2010. that would mean it is the same UN Spacy we saw in M plus and 7.

Yes. I've been running the MBS page through machine translators but when I see "New UN Spacy" (or better "New UN military), something doesn't sound right with that.

OK just read through the thread and I had a few questions:

1) What's up with the external weapons? I thought the trend from Macross Plus onwards was STEALTH and INTERNAL WEAPON BAYS. Could this be a hint that the VF-25 might be AVF's but w/o stealth. Maybe something like:

VF-19 & VF-22 = Highly advanced Fighters with stealth technology but still expensive to manufacture.

VF-25 = the new VF-1 or VF-11, perhaps that are mass produced cheaply, has no advance stealth tech but instead has the other advanced tech that

were developed in the Project Super Nova fighters.

2) Also why do I get get the feeling that the X-9 Ghost are a descendant thereof is going to make an appearance, Perhaps simliar to the Ghosts we saw in Macross ZERO?

3) Are any Destroids?

4) Finally did anybody think that the insignia on the helmet of the Roy Focker-type character, seems to be.... I don't know..... BUTT UGLY?

=======================================

071212, 20:18 JST

some new info of Characters.

http://www.famitsu.com/anime/news/1212399_1558.html

Alto, 16 years old

He was born in the lineage of Kabuki female role and has Pilot Genius, so he went against his father's wish and hopes to become a pilot.

Ranka, 15 years old

no new info

Sheryl, 17 years old

Cute appearance, on the contrary has high pride and bluntly chat with other people.

Ozma, 27 years old

Chief Pilot of Private(私設) Special Duty Military Organization(特務軍事機関) SMS, Ranka's old brother but they are no kin. Beacase once private action, he has been deprived of the military.

Luka Anjerony and Michael Bran

Alto's classmate.

Edited by kresphy