Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

I don't think they're excessive in the back... that's how the design works. The problem is that they should have weighted the feet and made the rear assembly ultra-light so the toy could actually stand up.

Something that calls for a proper use of die-cast? Surely you jest......

CollectionDX has a review of the CMS Ride Armor... says pretty much everything I expected (too small, fidgety parts, ugly finish, terrible parts fit)...

Something I hope CMs may one day wish to fix. Because I like the PT of this toy despite the flaws like the breaking windshield. Hopefully japanese are complainers and will demand more value for money. (better finish, increased size, fixed windshield etc)

Something I hope CMs may one day wish to fix. Because I like the PT of this toy despite the flaws like the breaking windshield. Hopefully japanese are complainers and will demand more value for money. (better finish, increased size, fixed windshield etc)

Well seeing as how they barely ever complain about yamatos problems I highly doubt that.

I don't have one yet but I would guess that's because of the amount of weight in the wheels. The wheels being above above the body moves the center of gravity way up. Then, when you put the wheels aft of the shoulders it doesn't take much to make the toy want to fall backward.

I think the main balance issues are because of the way too loose ball-joints in the waist. My Ray is far less prone to tipping backwards after tightening those joints with glue.

Actually, after reading the CM review from Collectiondx, I have had a totally opposite experience. My windshield broke but other than that, it's a great toy with NONE of the problems mentioned. The pins that attach the arm-guards to the front fork just have to be taken out and attached TO the forks. Makes it alot easier to put them on. EVER so slightly deforming the pin (biting it works well) makes it a tight fit that will never dislodge.

Oh, and in the episode with the dragons......WTH is the pseudo-sex scene with Aisha and Ray? The glistening fluids, the moaning.........

Edited by Alex

There is also a video transforming guide/review of the CM model by Collectiondx on youtube.

The toy in the video looks like an undersized, complicated mess of fragile parts that keep popping off during transformation.

Actually, after reading the CM review from Collectiondx, I have had a totally opposite experience. My windshield broke but other than that, it's a great toy with NONE of the problems mentioned. The pins that attach the arm-guards to the front fork just have to be taken out and attached TO the forks. Makes it alot easier to put them on. EVER so slightly deforming the pin (biting it works well) makes it a tight fit that will never dislodge.

Me too, almost every problem he had on his CM's was absent on mine. My windshield hasn't even broken yet. I blame ham hands. :p

Me too, almost every problem he had on his CM's was absent on mine. My windshield hasn't even broken yet. I blame ham hands. :p

Same here.. My windshield is still in tact and I did not have problems with my CM's like the DX guy.

I like the CMS. The only complaint I have is that a toy this complicated can be a little frustrating to transform when its in 1/18th scale. Scale it up to 1/10 or gasp! 1/6th scale and we'd have a sure fire winner.

Why won't someone make a 1/6th scale Mospeada bike? Please someone, anyone, hottoys? Your crazy enough to make one, right?

Some more pics of the backside

post-3450-1204995836_thumb.jpg

post-3450-1204995635_thumb.jpg

What you gon’ do with all that junk?

All that junk inside your trunk?

I’ma get, get, get, get, you drunk,

Get you love drunk off my hump.

My hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump,

My hump, my hump, my hump, my lovely little lumps. (Check it out)

I like the CMS. The only complaint I have is that a toy this complicated can be a little frustrating to transform when its in 1/18th scale. Scale it up to 1/10 or gasp! 1/6th scale and we'd have a sure fire winner.

Why won't someone make a 1/6th scale Mospeada bike? Please someone, anyone, hottoys? Your crazy enough to make one, right?

I think a 1/6 scale Ride Armor would be a good project for Hot Toys. The bike itself doesn't take up a whole lot more space than the rider so it's not like they'd be attempting some massive piece of mecha or anything. Pretty much all of the engineering problems could be solved on a scale that big.

Here you go, the CollectionDX review on youtube that Pometuem5 mentioned

Honestly, for someone who wont play much with it and is gonna be just displaying it, it looks nice. However, as i want to have the cyclones without their helm at times, and want to play with these a bit more, i think probably Megahouse will deliver.

I think a 1/6 scale Ride Armor would be a good project for Hot Toys. The bike itself doesn't take up a whole lot more space than the rider so it's not like they'd be attempting some massive piece of mecha or anything. Pretty much all of the engineering problems could be solved on a scale that big.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOO for this idea.

:ph34r:

Arthurius,

Thanks for the link! I actually REALLY enjoyed that "review". I laughed :lol: ...I cried :( ...and at the end I applauded.

EDIT------> I like the plug for HLJ from him. :D

Edited by misterryno

CollectionDX has a review of the CMS Ride Armor... says pretty much everything I expected (too small, fidgety parts, ugly finish, terrible parts fit)...

The reviewer did a terrible job this time around. He's not giving the toy any respect, he's just throwing it around as if it was a dollar store toy. That's NOT how one should review such a toy (or any toy). His other reviews are usually fine though.

I think he just got a tall basketball player to try to transform it and this is what the camera is showing with the enormous hands, and the guy speaking in the review is the actual reviewer. It's a trick! There is two people in the room. heh only kidding.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Here's a Japanese review on CMs toy: http://gsr.seesaa.net/article/82903832.html

The toy in the review had issues with the front shaft - particularly with those pins just like the Collectdx reviewer (as you can see in the pics). The reviewer decided to make his own fix/modification. :blink:

The reviewer says he was angry at first but after making the modification, he's quite happy with it. :)

Though his hasn't broken yet, the probability of the windshield breaking is 100% says he. :unsure:

Bandai's Action Base 2 apparently works nicely with the toy.

I've read a few Japanese reviews on the CMs toy and the general feeling is that the toy (mainly the bike) feels more like a prototype that was rushed out.

Edited by Vifam7

So what's the impact of the Rey with wrong parts? Transformation can't be performed due to the hinge not resting where it should?

Some more of us may find out soon enough :unsure: . I hope it's not me.

So what's the impact of the Rey with wrong parts? Transformation can't be performed due to the hinge not resting where it should?

Top view:

IMG_0269.jpg

link: http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-55779-1-2.html

can still be transformed but u cant have the left hand side wheel in ride-armor mode because the shaft is too far forward, the left arm blocks the wheel.

notice in the top view, both wheels do not line up (left hand side wheel removed for taking pics). from what i can see, the shafts (or forks? dunno what to call it :p) are held up and connected to the side of the "fuel tank" by a connector peg on the shaft to the "key-hole" on the side of the tank.

Compare the shape of the shaft with the correct one:

IMG_0267.jpg

wrong parts for Rey type:

IMG_0268.jpg

Edited by Shun

What you gon’ do with all that junk?

All that junk inside your trunk?

I’ma get, get, get, get, you drunk,

Get you love drunk off my hump.

My hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump,

My hump, my hump, my hump, my lovely little lumps. (Check it out)

Awesome song quote, but i have to add J-Lo's bum is bigger and more badass, fergie's is tame.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Exactly how wide-spread is this problem? I was going to get another Ray so I could do the Amdriver custom.

Why would ANYONE do a Amdriver custom? :lol:

But good question though. I intended to get both but now.... :unsure:

Why would ANYONE do a Amdriver custom? :lol:

But good question though. I intended to get both but now.... :unsure:

Take a look in the Variable Motorcycles thread. There's a pretty nice custom using the Amdriver bike and a 1/15 scale Mospeada kit.

I have to wait until I hear more reports about this wrong parts issue though. In the meantime i'm making a 1/1 scale prop of the the pistols from the show.