Transformer Super Thread 6

Premium Leader Class Movie Prime.

For David's benefit, I consulted with Josh and we've determined the following parts have been painted silver from these bad photos at this angle.

Truck mode:

- grill, bumper and lights

- air filters

- that erm... shade thing over the windscreen

- the wheels

- the fuel tank/toy battery cover

Robot mode:

- the crotch

- the thighs

- the stomach grill (maybe)

Mold changes: new sword, new head.

Basic rule of the world:

Prototypes are always better than the final version. (Since safety/cost of a mass-production version doesn't get in the way)

PS--"that shade thing" over the windshield is simply a visor.

"Toy battery cover"--the part behind the fuel tank is a spare/extra tool box. (spare as in, more tool boxes than are normal on a semi, not spare as in spare tools) Ironically, a semi's real batteries are right in front of the fuel tank. (Battery box)

---While "air filter" may be sorta technically correct, they're always called air cleaners---the air filter is just the actual filtering medium inside.

So Takara's new release of MP TV-colour Starscream will have the coronation gear, eh?? Looks good - but I just got my Hasbro Wal-Mart version this past weekend from Wal-Mart.com. Guess I'll pass.

:mellow:

But I am definitely getting Premium Leader Class Prime, since I passed the first time around - woohoo!!

:lol:

Other news from http://www.fantofan.jp

- Bumblebee/Minibots reissue set

- Japanese Classics

- Japanese Leader Class Optimus Prime Battle Mode (Premium) appears to have CHROME PARTS! Bear in mind this may be a prototype so it might end up being the same as Hasbro's. Either way, keep watching and keep your options open for this better version if it eventuates.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Omega Supreme! Though my least-desired of "big batt-op TF's I had" to be re-released, I'll take it. And keep hoping that Trypticon is someday fixed (read: un-retooled) and re-released.

Chrome parts Japanese Prime---will buy if they actually get that version. And if I have to, find a broken original leader Prime without holes in the cab roof to swap parts around/from. Might use the original head if needed. (Yes, I prize vehicle mode over alt mode) Or maybe someone would be willing to swap parts to get the new-style head.

so glad the g1 encore series is going beyond similar name releases of movie figures. will definitely get omega supreme and finally get rid of my old mib version. pass on the minibot reissues as they've already been reissued with gears included. that painted classics megatron is looking pretty good every time i see it. here's hoping they maybe reissue shockwave down the line.

Omega Supreme! Though my least-desired of "big batt-op TF's I had" to be re-released, I'll take it. And keep hoping that Trypticon is someday fixed (read: un-retooled) and re-released.

What's wrong with Trypticon?

OS is gonna be awesome!

And what's wrong w/ Tryppy, DH?

Didn't they do a lot of wacky changes to the original mold for Japanese releases or something like that?

A friend of mine showed me this interesting and simple custom for a Classics Cliffjumper.

I'll have some pictures up at some point on mine when I get it done, but this is as I said, interesting.

I remember someone on ebay was selling upgrade parts, new head, some car body moldings and I think a BFG. I wanted it, but I think the price was a hundred bucks or some BS....it was probably back in november or december.

post-600-1200506415_thumb.jpg

OS is gonna be awesome!

And what's wrong w/ Tryppy, DH?

IIRC, he was rereleased in the 90's in Japan and most of his accessories were removed along with other "tweaks". I think there was also a recent Sonokong release that was the same. FFN can probably clarify.