Transformer Super Thread 6

A friend of mine showed me this interesting and simple custom for a Classics Cliffjumper.

I'll have some pictures up at some point on mine when I get it done, but this is as I said, interesting.

I remember someone on ebay was selling upgrade parts, new head, some car body moldings and I think a BFG. I wanted it, but I think the price was a hundred bucks or some BS....it was probably back in november or december.

Sounds a bit like this one. But it hasn't been released yet.

They are from the same group as the afore mentioned Starscream add-on parts.

*Japanese* Premium Prime has tons of chrome. US version has none, and only small amounts of silver paint. I'll be getting a JP one.

As for Trypticon: In addition to removing or losing EVERY accessory and piece except the chest-car (he can't do city mode, or battle mode, since he has no towers, no ramps, no radars, and no guns), they retooled his head. He's got a big horn. And bad paint like a Jurassic Park toy reject.

http://www.tfw2005.com/gallery/showphoto.p...00/ppuser/39565

IIRC, lost his mouth guns, too. (They're not technically an acessory/piece, but they are removable). Should still have his heli-pads, as they can only be removed by breaking them off. (Trypticon is a way better city than Metroplex IMHO--Metroplex sucked)

PS---hmmn, Omega Supreme's commanding a higher price than MP Megatron. Maybe I should go with Megs instead. I mean, OS is big and cool, but I did already own him many years ago. Never had Megs. But OS has one of the most fun alt-modes in TF history. He's like a combination toy train and battle-tank.

Random fact: of all the childhood pictures of me with TF's, Trypticon is the most-photographed.

I don't care what David says - I think the Prime truck is beautiful, and I regret the fact that nobody at Botcon 2007 had the presence of mind to get Peter Cullen to sit inside it for photographs.

G1 Ironhide and Ratchet sucked the first time around. Why release those horrible versions?
As sh002 said, Takara are doing releases according to their movie counterparts, so Prime, Megatron, Starscream, Ratchet, Ironhide, Bumblebee and Soundwave (one of Blackout's initial names was Soundwave).

Sky Lynx and Omega Supreme are 'special' reissues as they've never been released there under the Transformers brand.

AwwwwwwwwwW so whats this paying ex amount for the Takara SS with NO crown and cape???

Why is it so much more expensive? >_<

Upgrade set... so will it be available to us? Who will sell it? It look SO AWESOME! :D Agree, needs the smirk face.

It's fan-made. Not official.

??????????????? FFN---your comment [seems to indicate/is in response to] a derogatory remark about the real-life truck at some point. I don't recall making one, and certainly not recently. (maybe I did, it's been a while since it was first revealed)

And what brought up that point in the first place? Nobody's talked about the movie truck's actual design in months.

Is that SS missing something?

Is it the "hips"? I part of the intake assembly, correct? Do those come off normally?

The one beside Omega Supreme is the Japanese version of the Classics Starscream.

maybe you guys can help?

i'm having a hard time getting the airbrake part(don't know what to really call it) on my MP SS to sit flush in fighter mode.

anyone know how to fix this? or if its even fixable?

thanks in advance! :)

Check the pin that runs through the chest/shoulder/intake if it is bent or mis-aligned then there little than can be done.

This sort of flaw is from the factory and it very, very hard to fix on this toy as the pin is very long and goes through

like ten points of contact in the toy's upper torso.

Edited by Chindenathus

Is that SS missing something?

Is it the "hips"? I part of the intake assembly, correct? Do those come off normally?

Yes.

That was the solution to everyone's whining about the hip danglers. They put balls on the hip AND the ankle so you could mount them in either place... or set them aside totally if you're so inclined. And if you're feeling daring, you can cut off the unwanted mounting points to get rid of the extra balls.

In this case, it looks like they sliced off BOTH sets of mounting points in favor of aesthetics. Looks pretty good that way, but you wind up with loose parts.

Yes.

That was the solution to everyone's whining about the hip danglers. They put balls on the hip AND the ankle so you could mount them in either place... or set them aside totally if you're so inclined. And if you're feeling daring, you can cut off the unwanted mounting points to get rid of the extra balls.

In this case, it looks like they sliced off BOTH sets of mounting points in favor of aesthetics. Looks pretty good that way, but you wind up with loose parts.

Except the SS in the pic with Omega Supreme is Japanese Classics Starscream, not G1-colored MP-03.

(Trypticon is a way better city than Metroplex IMHO--Metroplex sucked)

Get bent :lol:, 'Plex is the best city TF and one of my favorite G1 toys of all time :D

Finally got myself a G1 HotRod... and managed to score a gorgeous condition G1 Grimlock the other day...

Also received the movie line Legends 2-pack with G1 colors Ratchet and Brawl, and I must admit... I've been boycotting movie toys, and these were a gift, but I was pleasantly surprised that they are kinda fun little figs... Ratchet looks decent in the right colors, and Brawl is a surprisingly neat little fig... altho I'm def. gonna repaint him to be all detailed and dirtied up.

Edited by promethuem5

Sounds a bit like this one. But it hasn't been released yet.

They are from the same group as the afore mentioned Starscream add-on parts.

Yep that's the sucker. I really wanted to get it but there was just no way I was paying so much for just some add on parts. I got a friend of mine doing the cliffjumper mod that I showed. He's done it to like 3 or 4 already and will take what's left of the waverider and turn it into like a dual pistol or something.

(Trypticon is a way better city than Metroplex IMHO--Metroplex sucked)

Get bent :lol:, 'Plex is the best city TF and one of my favorite G1 toys of all time :D

I see your Trypticon and Metroplex and raise you a Fortress Maximus :blink:

Never had the chance to own Fortress, but I have Brave Maximus from the Car Robot/Rid series.

Small toddler sized Robot Mode FTW :lol:

Fort Max is BIG, but a fairly simple transformation considering its size. No Supreme Cheetor, but for that kind of money, I expect more than that. (Honestly, Trypticon's pretty simple too, it's mainly adding on 50 extra bits in the right places---he's worse than a seeker in that regard). I will give Fort Max points for having a good city mode. But he doesn't walk, nor have any light-up parts! Nice gimmicks though, and they don't seem to detract from anything.

Never had Scorponok. Does he "do" anything? I think he's a little smaller than Trypticon, too.

Trypticon=one of the best TF's ever. I never owned Metroplex, but I've seen it and played with it a bit. Meh.

Also--Trypticon in full city mode with Motormaster and Onslaught attached is certainly the widest TF by far.

PS--with all of Deltastar's "extra" Reprolabels---how come none for Motormaster's launch/base mode? Could really use some there.

Fort Max is BIG, but a fairly simple transformation considering its size. No Supreme Cheetor, but for that kind of money, I expect more than that. (Honestly, Trypticon's pretty simple too, it's mainly adding on 50 extra bits in the right places---he's worse than a seeker in that regard). I will give Fort Max points for having a good city mode. But he doesn't walk, nor have any light-up parts! Nice gimmicks though, and they don't seem to detract from anything.

Never had Scorponok. Does he "do" anything? I think he's a little smaller than Trypticon, too.

Trypticon=one of the best TF's ever. I never owned Metroplex, but I've seen it and played with it a bit. Meh.

Also--Trypticon in full city mode with Motormaster and Onslaught attached is certainly the widest TF by far.

PS--with all of Deltastar's "extra" Reprolabels---how come none for Motormaster's launch/base mode? Could really use some there.

I owned Tryppy, Metroplex, and Scorponok (oh how I wish I knew whatever became of them!). I'll tell you this much, I remember Metroplex being a little fragile compared to Trypticon, and between the two, Trypticon was by far the favorite. But Scorponok was really good too. He didn't have any electronics gimmicks, and his city mode wasn't the hottest, but he was great in both scorpion mode and robot mode. Considering that we were happy if a Transformer's arms moved up and down at the shoulder back then, Scorponok had excellent poseability in his arms. I'd be really hard pressed to say which was actually better.

Check the pin that runs through the chest/shoulder/intake if it is bent or mis-aligned then there little than can be done.

This sort of flaw is from the factory and it very, very hard to fix on this toy as the pin is very long and goes through

like ten points of contact in the toy's upper torso.

thanks for your help.

i'll check it out, hopefully i'll be able to fix it. :)

Before you go crazy looking for a warped pin, it can also just be that the air-break mount is a tad too long... some people have had success in sanding down the leading edge a little at a time until it fit right in there...

He's probably correct. I for some reason was thinking you were talking about the intake ducts.

Just take your time and inspect the part and it's neighbors carfully and adjust what you need with

something in the ballpark of 500 grit.

??????????????? FFN---your comment [seems to indicate/is in response to] a derogatory remark about the real-life truck at some point. I don't recall making one, and certainly not recently. (maybe I did, it's been a while since it was first revealed)

And what brought up that point in the first place? Nobody's talked about the movie truck's actual design in months.

It was sort of in response to your chrome comment above, and I was talking to somebody about the truck at Botcon and it hit me, and I recall you said in one of the earlier TF threads that the truck would be (in real life) considered ricery and ridiculous.

I personally think it's beautiful, the deep metallic reds and blues on the back half, the way the hood fades from gold to orange to red, and all of that polished chrome. I normally hate ricer type paint jobs, but this is (so far) the only one I endorse. Judging by First Strike Optimus Prime, the truck looks kind of boring in G1 Prime type colours.

I've not imported TFs from Japan in over a year, but IF TakaraTomy's Premium Prime has chrome, I gotta get it. I must.

Sorry if my comment seemed weird.

Oh, well, honestly I have to say, the overall design IS the truck equivalent of ricey, or at the very least "very unusual". Sorry if it was mis-interpreted as saying it's ugly or that I hated it. I don't LIKE it, but it's not awful. It's just "obviously a generic design from some Hollywood guy with no sense of truck paint/design/history". It may even look nice. It's just, "not what any real trucker would ever do". I guess my main complaint is really "it's not very realistic, especially not a good "disguise" for a robot trying to blend in". Since it's so very atypical. (you know I like realistic vehicle modes above all else)

But I said that many months ago, and haven't said anything more since.

I worded it badly and out of the blue, then, sorry. I mentioned you specifically because you're the truck guy here, and you've probably commented more upon it (even if it was in the distant past) than anybody else because you have experience with the real trucks.

I consider whomever owned the truck Prime scanned in the movie fiction probably didn't use it for hauling stuff. It looks like one of those ridiculously decked-out trucks you see at shows with dragons or eagles on them.

From what I can see from the pictures it looks like most of the chrome is just on the truck parts. Are the robot parts going to be just dull grey plastic on the takara version? I was really hoping for chromed leg and arm parts despite the fact that the chrome would probably wear off if I transformed it alot, but hey thats what me cheaper takara version is for. :)

Dunno if you guys would be interested (since the BW Prequel in my opinion was a bust) but TFCog has released the first episode of The Warwithin

HIGH RES 300MB

MED RES 87MB

LO RES 57MB

It's about 15 minutes for the first episode, course this is a fan animated project using the panels of the comic book, I think there were maybe 2 or 3 areas areas that were actually hand drawn but I can't recall specifically there.

Plus yours truely was Umbra and Assassin and Prowl :p so it's worth taking a look at.