The PlayStation 3 Thread 80GB Edition

Gaijin

Picked up Sega Rally Revo on ebay for 41.00 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=190163760622

It's a fun racer but the A.I.s physics are different from yours. If you get tapped your outta control. You try to wreck them, they can't be moved. I'll have to try the online mode. This game definitely needs force feedback.

So its really crap, I was thinking of getting this game as well. Perhaps gundam dynasty warriors maybe better. I downloaded the demo, but it only let be play as the crapy wing gundam. I would love to control the Zeta Gundam.

There ain't much games out that are of interest right now. I bought Armoured core 4 the other day and although the magazine reviews always give that series a bad rating, I always liked it and the PS3 version is just as good though not brilliant. The thing I find funny about reviewers in the west is that they never seem to enjoy robot games and shows as much as the east. Robots (apart from transformers) just don't appeal to the vast majority of the west, of course I'm in the UK so im not sure if its the same in the America.

In Dynasty Warriors Gundam, you can play the Official Mode with Kamille and the Zeta Gundam from the first time you play the game. Beating Official Mode with Kamille will unlock him in Original Mode. Eventually, you'll unlock Roux, who also pilots the Zeta Gundam.

Oh, and yeah, it's a much better game than Crossfire.

I wonder if your lack of games is because Europe gets games last, or because you're using a PS3? I know I just came back from picking up Ace Combat 6 and Megaman ZX Advent, but if I had the money I'd probably have picked up Castlevania for the PSP too, and Ratchet & Clank, not to mention the new Guitar Hero... only to find myself robbing banks a month from now to find the money for Mass Effect and Rock Band.

ZX 2 came out today? Yeesh, I'd only just first heard about it a week ago or so. Capcom needs to advertise more---I'm a huge Megaman fan and didn't even know if was out today. Ah well, guess I'll pick it up next time.

Well, Capcom's all about pushing those damn StarForce games (which, honestly, I liked better than Battle Network, but still). I only knew because, also as a huge Megaman fan, I'd hit up Atomic Fire until it closed, and from the moment Capcom announces a new Megaman game in Japan, I'll keep an eye one it and periodically check for updated US release dates.

I'm torn between what to play... I love Ace Combat and Megaman both...

I had Gundam Dynasty Warrior on my Trash360 and it was the first game I bought for my PS3. It is a great game but have only played Amuro and Char. You are outside the Gundam like "Battlecry" but have to control of the camera.

Like to play with the Japanese audio.

Just ordered Armoured Core 4 since Crossfire seems to be a waste.

Wonder if we will see Gundam: Year One War for PS3 or will that be Xbox only?

So its really crap, I was thinking of getting this game as well. Perhaps gundam dynasty warriors maybe better. I downloaded the demo, but it only let be play as the crapy wing gundam. I would love to control the Zeta Gundam.

I wonder if your lack of games is because Europe gets games last, or because you're using a PS3?

I only just got my PS3 about 2 weeks ago. I have only got three games Heavenly Sword, Resistance and Armored Core 4. When I say games that are of no interest, its because so far most of the games are drivivg games which I don't enjoy, first person shooters which all seem average and american sports games which are boring. There just doesn't seem to be much variety for the PS3 so far. Though the next few months some interesting titles are being released not to mention more driving games. The psp is the same, I don't own one but when I'm at the shops the games on the shelves are mostly driving games. Why do they keep releasing driving games every month, its doing my head in :wacko:

I only just got my PS3 about 2 weeks ago. I have only got three games Heavenly Sword, Resistance and Armored Core 4. When I say games that are of no interest, its because so far most of the games are drivivg games which I don't enjoy, first person shooters which all seem average and american sports games which are boring. There just doesn't seem to be much variety for the PS3 so far. Though the next few months some interesting titles are being released not to mention more driving games. The psp is the same, I don't own one but when I'm at the shops the games on the shelves are mostly driving games. Why do they keep releasing driving games every month, its doing my head in :wacko:

The PS3 does seem a little light on platformers. Are you guys getting the new Ratchet & Clank soon? It came out today in the US.

The PS3 does seem a little light on platformers. Are you guys getting the new Ratchet & Clank soon? It came out today in the US.

The Ratchet and Clank is awesome. Easily one of the best 3D Platformers ever. Insomniac is 2 for 2 on the PS3 with Resistance and Ratchet.

Made a Japanese account for the GT5 demo. I am loving the GTR something fierce. My favorite car in ages and a blast to drive. The in-dash realism towards photos for the GTR and STi was great, too.

I tried the old demo, got pissed off at the illegible fonts, and promptly deleted it... :)

I did pick up Ratchet today though, now I just need to find time to start it. All my gaming time right now is going to SRW OG2.

I tried the old demo, got pissed off at the illegible fonts, and promptly deleted it... :)

illegible fonts? I heard there was a japanese demo released in America is it that version you played. I've only got the english version. The comic strip pieces were a bit boring, but I enjoyed the game play, I thought the sucking of souls using the sixaxis was a clever idea.

No it was in english, I just couldn't make out the calligraphy on the menu's. Mind you I have a 27 inch tv, which should be plenty big enough for any game.

Back when games were made for standard definition, yeah. A lot of newer games are made for HD first, and scaled down for SD. Dead Rising was notorious for being hard to read without a big HDTV.

Some info about the 40GB PS3. Uses less power and not as hot. My 60GB heats up the room. Well winter is coming ;)

40GB PS3 features 65nm chips, lower power consumption

Posted Oct 30th 2007 9:54AM by Conrad Quilty-Harper

Filed under: Gaming

It's been revealed that the new 40GB PlayStation 3 features more than just a cut down hard disk drive. Sony has also thought to stick the 65nm version of the Cell inside the new console, reducing the power usage down to around 135 Watts (down from 200 Watts.) That means the console also runs cooler and quieter, which is always a plus for a device that usually resides in the living room. Sony also jiggled around a few other components by making the heat pipe smaller, swapping out the motherboard for a new version, and added a button battery to keep time when the system is off. Looks like potential PS3 purchasers will be looking forward to a less noticeable din then.

http://gaming.engadget.com/2007/10/30/40gb...er-consumption/

I was just about to post that. Great news, means that's certainly the version I'll get. Funny how Sony has made a cooler, quieter PS3 (when it didn't really need to), yet the 360 still overheats and drowns out overhead jets.

I was just about to post that. Great news, means that's certainly the version I'll get. Funny how Sony has made a cooler, quieter PS3 (when it didn't really need to), yet the 360 still overheats and drowns out overhead jets.

not to mention that with the PS3, it's EASY for the consumer to make a decision.

WHAT??? With all the cool games that are PS3 exclusives you're going to refuse to get it because it isn't backward compatible?

/Sarcasm

The PS3 can be as quiet as a dead baby and just as cold, it still seems to be as hard as the Sega Saturn to program for and with the price of the 3DO... I wanted this to rock, I wanted it to determine the fate of the next gen DVDs, I wanted to get one and have it solve several needs. Instead the whole world is Wii crazy and the DVD situation is a big quagmire. LAME.

/Rant

Oh well, I guess that's more money for me to spend on Microsoft's new 1/60 Macross Zero toys... Oh, sorry, those were made by Yamato? I was just going off the failure rate...

:)

Jenius, you're just full of snippy but right on the money :lol:

Seriously tho, I have my PS2 and I love it, but I've handled and used my buddy's PS3 alot and I LOVE it but I need everything to be good about it to buy it. It's an amazing platform, already runs amazingly and does everything (just like why I LOVE my PSP) but I'm not getting it if it has stupid letdowns like not being backwards compatible... regardless of the game selection issue. I just dropped $300 on a new graphics card for my PC (GeForce 8800GT FTW on a budget with size-constraints) so I've got plenty of gaming to do as it is...

Just got GHIII for the PS3! Woot! Tonight! I'm going to rock you tonight!!

My TRU had 10(guitar and game packs) come in for each platform. Suffice it to say the Wii version sold out immediately. There were still 7 Xbox360's on the wall, pretty sure all 9 or 10 for the PS2 were still on the wall. I got the LAST PS3 version on the wall. Woohoo!

I've heard nothing but GHIII coming from my neighbor's dorm on his 360 since Sunday... I'm already sick of the songs.

I wasn't real wowed with the track list. Slightly better than II, but nowhere near as awesome as the original.

If it's a better game for the delay, then that's fine with me. I love my Metal Gear, and don't mind at all waiting. All it really says to me, is that Kojima thought up something else awesome to stick in there. In the meantime, I've got Ratchet & Clank, so I'm cool.