The PlayStation 3 Thread 80GB Edition

Gaijin

If it's a better game for the delay, then that's fine with me. I love my Metal Gear, and don't mind at all waiting. All it really says to me, is that Kojima thought up something else awesome to stick in there. In the meantime, I've got Ratchet & Clank, so I'm cool.

I agree in the sense that I'd rather have a better game than a quicker one. I just wish someone else could step up and deliver a real system seller. I mean, Ratchet & Clank is a great game that I'm glad I can enjoy as a PS3 owner, but I'm not sure it justified my purchase, and I don't think it's going to move systems.

What I want to see, seriously, are more PS3 EXCLUSIVES for the love of GAWD.

as long as the game attach rate per console remains so low, I doubt we'll see major north american/european game houses going PS3 exclusive. 360 just has too big of an install base to ignore, an install base that actually buys GAMES.

Man, so far MGS4 is the only game I want and it's delayed.

Don't worry-I'm sure it'll be ready when the PS4 arrives...

Move that Blu-Ray, Sony!

Actually I don't mind waiting for MG to come out-there're plenty of things to play with until then, and when it finally does get here it'll justify everyone's reasons for purchasing a system like we have. Oh wait, I forgot to mention that I finally broke down and bought a 60G unit. It's so pretty I put it in a backpack and take it everywhere...

Just picked up GH III. Wireless guitar =Awesome. Can't wait for Rock Band!

Ditto, but am I the only one that actually prefers them wired? I know on the 360 Rock Band Strat, the cord connects to the controller where the amp would plug into a real Strat. Having that wire to the console is just like having that cord to the amp, and for me actually adds to the experience.

How long is it taking for you guys to get your BLuRay movies? I bought my PS2 about 9 wks ago and still haven't got my movies. :angry:

I got mine in a hair over 4 weeks. From what I've seen you either got yours right away like me or after like three months like other people.

I myself am still waiting on my Xbox360 HD DVD movies... three months and counting... <_<

Woohoo Devil May Cry 4 news :)

Earlier this year, Capcom announced that its upcoming action game Devil May Cry 4 would arrive on the Xbox 360 and PC in addition to the already-announced PlayStation 3 version. A group of Sony fans took the news as a slight, and posted an online petition expressing demoralization at the move, and pledged not to purchase the game. More than 12,000 people added their names to the petition.

Today Capcom detailed a Collector's Edition option on both platforms that might entice some of those 12,000-plus jilted gamers to pick up the game after all.

While most special edition games are offered at a $10 markup over the standard edition's new release price, the Devil May Cry 4 Collector's Edition is being offered for $79.99, a $20 premium over the regular version. For the extra Jackson, gamers will receive a couple extra discs, one with the first four episodes of Devil May Cry: The Animated Series (which will be sold separately for $29.99), and one for the PC that includes a "making of" feature, music from the soundtrack, concept art, wallpapers, icons, and screensavers. The Collector's Edition will also come packaged in a "steelbook" case.

Both the regular and collector's edition of Devil May Cry 4 are set to launch in North America on February 5 for the Xbox 360 and PS3. For more on the game, check out GameSpot's latest coverage.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6182327.html?...estnews;title;2

It's about time! :lol:

I liked being an Air Marshal. Now I'm a stinkin' Wingman again. heh, think I skipped that rank the first time. :D

I think I'm one of the only people who doesn't enjoy and can't wrap my head around the gameplay of Devil May Cry. I picked up 3 used for cheap for my PS2 and I just don't feel it... I had just come off finishing GOW2 (and starting Cod of War) and the limited combat system that (from what I understand after reading ALOT of articles and GAMEFAQS about it) relies more on your ability to cheat the system with animation canceling rather than being able to used the legitimate moves you are given to kick some as and take names...

I think I'm one of the only people who doesn't enjoy and can't wrap my head around the gameplay of Devil May Cry. I picked up 3 used for cheap for my PS2 and I just don't feel it... I had just come off finishing GOW2 (and starting Cod of War) and the limited combat system that (from what I understand after reading ALOT of articles and GAMEFAQS about it) relies more on your ability to cheat the system with animation canceling rather than being able to used the legitimate moves you are given to kick some as and take names...

It's fun. 1st was still the best. 2 was horrid and 3 was pretty good.

I just bought 'Resistance last night. I've always had difficulty with FPS's on consoles, which is why I've always gone 'PC on those type of games, but I heard so much about 'Resistance that I had to give it a try. I also got Heavenly Sword for free, so I have yet to give that a try also.

I must adapt...

Someone mentioned that it was the framerate-I believe it maintains a constant 60 FPS or something. Also, wasn't this game supposed to be in 1080? The system recommended that I switch resolutions from 1080 to 780. Where did the 'hi-def go? lol...

I hate console FPSes as well, but I actually had a really good time playing thru most of Resistance co-op mode with my friend who owns it. It seems to play much better than console FPSes do for some reason.

I believe that Resistance was a 720p production.

So, anyone check out the TimeShift demo? It FROZE my buddy's PS3 the other day... we're messing around with the Uncharted demo right now and it's pretty solid (and very pretty)

PS- I remember playing a Timeshift demo on my PC like 6 months ago... wtf happened to it for so long? It looked completely different back then... now it's just a poorly running piece of crap last-year game with a Crysis rip-off hero design...

Hmmm. 'Resistance just isn't holding my attention. I guess I got over the FPS after the original Doom.

So, anyone else have styles or pointers when playing Heavenly Sword? I try not to button mash, but trying to think of all of those combos and stuff reminds me of trying to deal with the 90+ combinations with each character in DOA4. I really wish there was a practice mode/arena where you could try out different moves and stuff.

Beautiful game though, and I finally found a video game chick to distract me from Mai for a bit...

Edited by myk

HS basically tells you to button mash... I usually hit a rhythm btw/ heavy and normal attacks, with the occasional controller wag thrown in for good measure, focusing more on heavy attacks usually... I haven't played on Hell Mode tho, so maybe that's not good enough there...

Now I'm starting to remember why I "retired" myself from video games a while back-there's too much to handle!

Meh. We've got time to watch anime, collect expensive toys, and post on a message board dedicated to a 25-year old Japanese cartoon, we can handle the holiday game crunch. It's a simple matter of prioritizing the must-have-now's from the must-play-eventualy's, since hardly anything comes out between March and September.

Meh. We've got time to watch anime, collect expensive toys, and post on a message board dedicated to a 25-year old Japanese cartoon, we can handle the holiday game crunch. It's a simple matter of prioritizing the must-have-now's from the must-play-eventualy's, since hardly anything comes out between March and September.

The toys and anime don't apply much to me but I still am finding less and less time to play. But then again, my job requires insane amounts of time lately. Heaven knows what will happen if I pick up a 360 again.

Edited by Gaijin

The toys and anime don't apply much to me but I still am finding less and less time to play. But then again, my job requires insane amounts of time lately. Heaven knows what will happen if I pick up a 360 again.

Well, that's my main reason for never really playing online. I love gaming, and I've been doing it since my Magnavox Odyssey 2. I've never lost interest in it, and I'd rather play a good game than watch TV or a movie. But with so many good games out there, the older I get and the more responsibilities I have, I end up buying a game, beating it, then selling it and moving on to the next one. I don't have the time to devote toward mastering a game to be competitive in online matches, and even if I did, I generally find playing around online a waste of time that could be spent diving into the next game.