Knight Rider the Movie (and Series)

wolfx

Wow a tutor with a student who has the hots for her. I'm sure that never happen before. So does was hot Japanese tutor turn in to a robot? Does she have a cyborg arm? Is there a tatoo of the Macross across her chest? If not then I'm not seeing how this is on topic.

I got a paycheck that says Hasselhoff makes a cameo. ALL HAIL THE HOFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Some smack the crap out me for saying that please)

Edited by Excillon

KIIT was not a ford, I keep forgetting if it was a camaro or not but dammn it stick to the original manufacture, I hate ford with its "we got our act together and are making quality cars", and to the person who posted about the hoff, I bet money also that he will make an apperance

There aren't any pics for the 2010 movie car anywhere as far as I know.

Sorry, I'm all out of vomit bags, although I'd take this over the Mustang deal...

post-1069-1197549339_thumb.jpg

KIIT was not a ford, I keep forgetting if it was a camaro or not but dammn it stick to the original manufacture, I hate ford with its "we got our act together and are making quality cars", and to the person who posted about the hoff, I bet money also that he will make an apperance

He was a Trans Am.

Edited by Chewie

I got a paycheck that says Hasselhoff makes a cameo. ALL HAIL THE HOFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Some smack the crap out me for saying that please)

*Smacks the CRAP out of Excillon* :ph34r:

Hey you asked for it mate ^_^

I think the first series came out around the time the Vipers were hitting the market. By the time the second series rolled around, the production cars no longer had the side pipes. I was honestly surprised that they didn't use a newer Viper than they did for Defender 2.

It's already been confirmed that Hasslehoff will be in the movie/pilot as Micheal Knight. I don't think he's supposed to show untill the end, though. I'd love to see him show up still driving the Two Thousand, but I doubt that will happen.

I like the Mustang for the Three Thousand, but I'm just not feeling that attack mode. That wing is a little too over the top, for my tastes. Can't say I'm a fan of those little eyebrow bars, either. They should have just gone full louvers over the lights. It would have looked more intimidating, than the lazy eyes.

So KITT's not a Trans-Am... I can deal with that (although with Chevy relaunching the Camaro and Dodge relaunching the Charger, now would be a great time for Pontiac to relaunch the Trans-Am). But KITT a Ford? Someone just raped my childhood.

So KITT's not a Trans-Am... I can deal with that (although with Chevy relaunching the Camaro and Dodge relaunching the Charger, now would be a great time for Pontiac to relaunch the Trans-Am). But KITT a Ford? Someone just raped my childhood.

somewhere, michael bay is laughing evily and rubbing his hands together in glee.

I think the first series came out around the time the Vipers were hitting the market. By the time the second series rolled around, the production cars no longer had the side pipes. I was honestly surprised that they didn't use a newer Viper than they did for Defender 2.

It's already been confirmed that Hasslehoff will be in the movie/pilot as Micheal Knight. I don't think he's supposed to show untill the end, though. I'd love to see him show up still driving the Two Thousand, but I doubt that will happen.

I like the Mustang for the Three Thousand, but I'm just not feeling that attack mode. That wing is a little too over the top, for my tastes. Can't say I'm a fan of those little eyebrow bars, either. They should have just gone full louvers over the lights. It would have looked more intimidating, than the lazy eyes.

Confirmed? I don't think that's confirmed at all.

badly planned CG = ripped off tim burton's batmobile.

I don't recall the Batmobile turning inside out at any point.

I thought it went the other way around, that the TV series preceeded the civilian-buyable Viper?

Slightly. It was pretty obvious they were a car ad.

The point wasn't which came first. It was that the car turned inside out.

Well... if I recall, first season it had a bunch of armor panels that slid out and into place over the car. Then they changed to a hex grid and it just turned inside out in a wave across the car.

I don't recall the Batmobile turning inside out at any point.

Slightly. It was pretty obvious they were a car ad.

The point wasn't which came first. It was that the car turned inside out.

Well... if I recall, first season it had a bunch of armor panels that slid out and into place over the car. Then they changed to a hex grid and it just turned inside out in a wave across the car.

the armor plate version is the one I was referring to. It was most obviously an "homage" to the batmobile. I didn't realize that there was any other seasons after the 1st one...

the armor plate version is the one I was referring to. It was most obviously an "homage" to the batmobile. I didn't realize that there was any other seasons after the 1st one...

Maybe it was one season with the CG changing midway.

I dunno, 's been a LONG time.

I DO know there were 2 transformations, and I thought the hex grid was lame.

Not sure about the picnic table bolted on the back.

I still think that it looks like something Michael Bay rejected for TF's

Set guy " OK Michael how bout this Barricade in black"

M Bay " mmm......Na looks like that campy talking car from Knight Rider"

Set Guy " Yeah ... you're right well keep it as we can make that next year"

M Bay "mmmmm"

There were two different Viper TV series. The hex plates were used on the first one. I've heard that the original driver was brought back towards the end of the second show's run. I never got to see those episodes.

Personally, I'm looking forward to this show. I like the car, even if I'm not sure about that attack mode. There's no other current car, I'd rather see the new KITT based on. GM got stupid and killed the Firebirds, so the Knight 3k get's a burly intimidating look.

Personally, I'm looking forward to this show. I like the car, even if I'm not sure about that attack mode. There's no other current car, I'd rather see the new KITT based on. GM got stupid and killed the Firebirds, so the Knight 3k get's a burly intimidating look.

Burly and intimidating? Not since the 70's. Modern Mustangs are just lame and/or raped my childhood.

Cars I'd rather see as KITT than a Mustang (technically all of them except the Mini Cooper and the PT Cruiser, but specifically): (assume all models are 08s.)

Audi R8

Chevy Corvette

Dodge Challenger

Ferrari F430

Mercedes-Benz SLR

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Nissan GT-R

Burly and intimidating? Not since the 70's. Modern Mustangs are just lame and/or raped my childhood.

Cars I'd rather see as KITT than a Mustang (technically all of them except the Mini Cooper and the PT Cruiser, but specifically): (assume all models are 08s.)

Audi R8

Chevy Corvette

Dodge Challenger

Ferrari F430

Mercedes-Benz SLR

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Nissan GT-R

I wish KITT was a daewoo nubira. :p

Out of that list only, the vette works. And it doesn't because the O.G. was a Muscle car. This is only a TV movie. The challenger hasn't even come out yet. The camaro they used in Transformers probably cost more than half of the ators in the film. The Ferrari and Mercedes? Yeah right. They'd draw way too much attention in any make believe world. The ricer cars? No way. Kitt was muscle car last time I remembered-- and that's why the GT500 works perfectly.

I'd love to see that too... They could set it up as if Michael had fallen into meth addiction, living in the Two Thousand down by the river. There would be baling wire and primered Bondo repairs, mismatching wheels, and KITT himself could be suicidally depressed ala Marvin from THHGTTG. Now that would be entertaining.

More likely though, that Michael would have taken over Devin's place at the foundation, and will be driving a Mercedes SL. Hopefully, an SLK :lol:

Out of that list only, the vette works. And it doesn't because the O.G. was a Muscle car. This is only a TV movie. The challenger hasn't even come out yet. The camaro they used in Transformers probably cost more than half of the ators in the film. The Ferrari and Mercedes? Yeah right. They'd draw way too much attention in any make believe world. The ricer cars? No way. Kitt was muscle car last time I remembered-- and that's why the GT500 works perfectly.

Considering that they were thinking about a Pagani Zonda, I don't consider most of my list to out there. And the current crop of Mustangs are ricers, American ricers. American muscle cars haven't been muscle cars since the 70's.

Very true. Mustangs are ricey now, and the new KITT is among the riciest cars I've ever seen. It should be in The Fast and the Furious, not Knight Rider.

And going with that--frankly, the original KITT wasn't a muscle car (again, they died in the 70's). It was a Trans Am. A sleek, slick, black Trans Am. Not muscley. The only new cars which could truly be muscle cars are the new Camaro, or the new Challenger. (New Challenger rocks--I'm a huge F-body fan, but that Challenger is the first "retro" car ever that actually looks how a retro car should---it's so "musclecar-esque" that it looks 10x more like a Charger than the new Charger does)

The new KITT would be better served as a Vette (or heck, Porsche) so as to be SLEEK. It's Hollywood as always---they tried to latch on to a feature to explain its success, but picked the wrong element and grossly exaggerated it.