Knight Rider the Movie (and Series)

wolfx

Now THAT's an obscure name I didn't expect to hear again :)

Yeah it looked pretty good back then. Imagine what they could do with todays effects. I always did like the whole "Power Armoured Vigilante" thing.

Anyway the coolest thing about Knight Rider was that the car had a mind of its own. That's pretty much about it. Nowadays with all the spy movies about cars having laser cannons and what not.

Of course there's Spyhunter coming up too... I think. Some day..... (Currently slated for 2009)

Edited by ShadowerV2

Much of the discussion centers on licensing issues with the Trans Am name. If there is to be a new Firebird, the top of the line will probably be the Formula. (Firehawk's not known well enough AFAIK, even though it is the next step above Trans Am)

New GTO based on new Camaro is considered much more likely. There's little chance of two new muscle car Pontiacs, so it'll be one or the other.

Yeah it looked pretty good back then. Imagine what they could do with todays effects. I always did like the whole "Power Armoured Vigilante" thing.

Anyway the coolest thing about Knight Rider was that the car had a mind of its own. That's pretty much about it. Nowadays with all the spy movies about cars having laser cannons and what not.

Of course there's Spyhunter coming up too... I think. Some day..... (Currently slated for 2009)

I was kinda thinking the movie would be something like Spyhunter too. The car will pwn so much ass on the highway etc. But i didn't know there's going to be a Spyhunter movie. Hmmmm.....interesting. The 2nd game sucked ass, especially the non-car missions.

So whats the new capability of this new KITT? Laser cannon (boring...), Nitro boost (seen that...)...I bet even 007 car have more gadget than this new KITT.

I prefer the Goliath than the trans-am. A full armoured semi truck painted in black ravaging the highway, now thats what I call fun.

You have to look and talk like Garthe Knight to drive Goliath.

I still remember my favourite scene from the pilot episode (which was available on VHS at one point). Super Force on his first mission comes across the baddies locked in a house.

"I forgot my keys. *kicks door in* Oh, well."

Does anybody remember the 90's spin-off Team Knight Rider? It featured a group of agents that used talking vehicles. They worked for F.L.A.G.(Foundation for Law & Goverment). The series ended on a cliff-hanger that revealed one of agents, Jenny, to be the illegitimate daughter of Michael Knight.

http://www.teamknightrider.com/cast/cast.html

I still remember my favourite scene from the pilot episode (which was available on VHS at one point). Super Force on his first mission comes across the baddies locked in a house.

"I forgot my keys. *kicks door in* Oh, well."

Man it's been such a long time since that show. Can't remember much of it. Just that he has a "shotgun" that fires a laser. A nightstick that fires a laser. And his eye piece that can not just fire a laser but use three beams to triangulate it.

And there's a gattling gun in his bike! That show was cool even had aliens and psychics and all that.

Oh Thunder in Paradise. I loved that show. The boat was so cool. Super Powered vehicle shows are so sweet.

Does anybody remember the 90's spin-off Team Knight Rider? It featured a group of agents that used talking vehicles. They worked for F.L.A.G.(Foundation for Law & Goverment). The series ended on a cliff-hanger that revealed one of agents, Jenny, to be the illegitimate daughter of Michael Knight.

http://www.teamknightrider.com/cast/cast.html

That cliffhanger implied that Michael Knight's character was returning to the story line. Too bad the series sucked so bad it ended there...

I had managed to forget about that show. Thanks, thanks a lot.

:p

Yeah I managed to see half of one while stripping wallpaper in the lounge. Guess what I though was more interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
LOL, if the Hoffster ain't in it, I don't wanna see no parts of it!

As hes too old for the main part he could do a cameo as Knights dad or as Devon Myles, if he can do his English acent well enough.

Too old? Nonsense! Why, that's the new trend in Hollywood, don't ya know: the 40+ crowd is refusing to "go quietly into the night," and turn over the reigns to younger generations of leading men and ladies. Lots of them seem to be stuck on this silly notion of trying to "live vigorously" like someone 15 or 20 years younger would be expected to. If Willis can still Live Free or Die Hard, if Stallone can still take on whole armies as John Rambo, if Reynolds can still don his pads and jersey to rush for The Longest Yard then by God, the Hoffster ought to be able to take the wheel with KITT again! :p

Maybe they could throw Hasselhoff a bone, let him have the role of Devon Miles and mentor the "new" Michael Knight. In fact, considering Hollywood's penchant for token nods to the original stories & characters they so blatantly hack for their new movies, I'd bet on that very outcome, if this flick ever does make it to the big screen...

As hes too old for the main part he could do a cameo as Knights dad or as Devon Myles, if he can do his English acent well enough.

From Wiki:

The character Devon Miles was murdered in the year 2000 by Thomas J. Watts, a released murderer working with members of the Seattle police to overthrow a gun ban in Knight Rider 2000 (1991 Sequel Movie).

In short, Hoffster can't play Devon.

What? Can't play Devon you say? Pish Posh! Since when have previous chapters or already established storylines ever stopped the Hollywood hacks? There's no such thing as "canon" when there's money to be made!

HA HA HA ..... how VERY TRUE!!! I mean, just look at the Highlander franchise: there can be only one .... yeah right!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

screw airwolf, where's street hawk the movie?

Eeeeh. Where's the A-Team movie?

Aside from that, I'm gonna miss the 1982 TransAm. It'll be cool to see it in the new movie, but right now we gotta keep up with the time. That means there are sleeker cars to be used as KITT.

... UNLESS of course they turn the movie into another weird no-brainer action comedy(i.e. Charlie's Angels, Starsky and Hutch).

Anyway, let's see how things goes! :)

Edited by MangledMess