Knight Rider the Movie (and Series)

wolfx

What? Can't play Devon you say? Pish Posh! Since when have previous chapters or already established storylines ever stopped the Hollywood hacks? There's no such thing as "canon" when there's money to be made!

So true

REBOOT I say REEBOOT

GM boys: "but we want KITT to transform"

Film Guy: " Thats in the Transformers you cant do that"

GM boys: "So what, We want a robot car"...... "Heres some money"

Film Guy: "O.K"

Later much later.......

MK: "K.I.T.T Transform and stomp the bad guys"

Edited by big F

• 4 months later...

...And there I was, thinking that KITT couldn't look any dumber than he was in the 80's. Are the 'pics in that link worked over? I love Mustangs as much as the next guy, but that my friends just redefines ridiculous...

Damn I just wanna call BS on this guy so much...."source wants to be annoynums" whatever....their source was G4. I just got that feeling :p

Still yeah, I'm a little dissapointed going from a fancy sports car to yet ANOTHER american line...probably had something to do with transformers or whatever.

Y'know, I never really noticed KITT's shifting red light effect was similar to the Cylons on classic BSG. Didn't Glen Larsen create KR too?

YUP!

Glen A Larson created a lot of stuff including Knight Rider BSG 80's Buck Rogers AirWolf IIRC also Manimal and maybe Automan too. Im sur someone here can provide a complete list.

I love the Stang but I kinda looks like an Evil Alt of the Binaltech WheelJack or Barricades less well off cousin.

I'm sure the car will rock even if the rest of the film is a steaming pile of cow products.

Edited by big F

That is a flat out SHOP job! <_<

Lack of reflections, digital noise not from a camera, clear edge outlines, lack of color shift, etc...

Plus the fact that the article said it was photoshopped, I think that was the big tip-off...

But, because "it wasn't working at the effects studio yesterday," someone did photoshop the red light.

I like the Mustang, I think it works. It would certainly make things more interesting, should the Three Thousand, ever meet the Two Thousand.

A hybrid? No. KITT needs to ba able to break 80mph without flying apart. Besides, the original KITT was supposed to be powered by some sort of a turbine engine. I doubt that this one has a regular old V8 within the universe.

• 2 weeks later...
ohh no... not a knight rider movie..... >_< I can see the HoffHassel making an appearance as well lol.

I would have preffered Knight Boat.

"Ohh great, they are getting away!"

<Not so fast Michael, look.. a fiorge..> rofl.

Hey man.....Don't Hassle The Hoff" LMAO :lol::lol::lol:

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry: Sorry I just hate it that they made K.I.T.T. a freakin mustang. That car has nothing on the original.....NOTHING!!!

Actually, the new idea is exactly like the original car and that's why it's a bad idea. If you're going to take a childish, 80's concept like a sentient, crime fighting car into the present you should at least make it look like a vehicle that no one has ever laid their eyes upon, a vehicle that could only be seen in the wildest of fantasies, not a garden variety car that you could find in the auto-trader like a Mustang or a Trans-Am. Or course, you don't want it looking like the too-futuristic Banshee concept car that they used in Knight Rider 2000.

Bottom line: this is just a bad idea period...

Edited by myk

Actually, the new idea is exactly like the original car and that's why it's a bad idea. If you're going to take a childish, 80's concept like a sentient, crime fighting car into the present you should at least make it look like a vehicle that no one has ever laid their eyes upon, a vehicle that could only be seen in the wildest of fantasies, not a garden variety car that you could find in the auto-trader like a Mustang or a Trans-Am...

Okay Okay......I'll give you that. Maybe KITT should'nt even be a car. I think KITT should be a VF-1S Valk. ^_^

but the whole point is that kitt could drive around and be annonymous... bad guys would be like, "oy, there's a regular black car behind us, no worries!" not "oy, there's some super car from the future behind us! FEAR!!!"

Edited by eugimon

but the whole point is that kitt could drive around and be annonymous... bad guys would be like, "oy, there's a regular black car behind us, now worries!" not "oy, there's some super car from the future behind us! FEAR!!!"

LMAO :lol::lol::lol:

but the whole point is that kitt could drive around and be annonymous... bad guys would be like, "oy, there's a regular black car behind us, no worries!" not "oy, there's some super car from the future behind us! FEAR!!!"

"Oy, there's a regular black car behind us, no worries! I mean heck, it doesn't even have a driver it couldn't POSSIBLY be a threat!"

:p

I happen to agree with you, though.

Actually, the new idea is exactly like the original car and that's why it's a bad idea. If you're going to take a childish, 80's concept like a sentient, crime fighting car into the present you should at least make it look like a vehicle that no one has ever laid their eyes upon, a vehicle that could only be seen in the wildest of fantasies, not a garden variety car that you could find in the auto-trader like a Mustang or a Trans-Am. Or course, you don't want it looking like the too-futuristic Banshee concept car that they used in Knight Rider 2000.

Isn't that the idea they used in Viper?

badly planned CG = ripped off tim burton's batmobile.

Bad or not.....you guys know that when you saw that car morph into an even more bad a** car, even though you were thinkin "yeah f'in right like that could really happen", you wished you had a car that could do that. ^_^