Sarah Connor Chronicles Thread

I think that this series was a poor idea. Very few, if any films or movie series can successfully make the transition to the small screen, and this one did not do well.

In Australia it ended up in a graveyard timeslot pretty quickly (although most SF does here).

Taksraven

Just what IS at the top of TV in Australia these days? I'm just curious since I send a friend there discs of US TV since she says there isn't anything on ever that's good.

I loved the part where Cromarti sinks into the ocean. Also Richard's wife reminds me of the movie Sarah Connor.

I got that same feeling too about Richard's wife looking like movie Sarah Connor, i doubt they threw it in as a nod to her or anything, but there was definitely a resemblance.

Just what IS at the top of TV in Australia these days? I'm just curious since I send a friend there discs of US TV since she says there isn't anything on ever that's good.

I gave up on Australian TV when i tried to watch the few channels we have free to air, and had 4 reality shows playing at the same time.

I just DL stuff and buy DVDs now.

When you guys say Richard are you talking about Charlie?

Speaking of resemblance he kind of looks like Robert Patrick.

Pretty good episode. Only thing that annoyed me is that they went through the trouble of showing that the B-movie Conan movie had become a cult hit but yet No One on the pier recognized Chrome Arnie walking around.

In the promo ads for this season they have Chrome Arnie in the pic, so if he's gonna be around the whole season, people should recognize him as the murderer of a whole SWAT team and as a dead actor.

If they don't acknowledge that, then I think that's some bad writing.

Pretty good episode. Only thing that annoyed me is that they went through the trouble of showing that the B-movie Conan movie had become a cult hit but yet No One on the pier recognized Chrome Arnie walking around.

In the promo ads for this season they have Chrome Arnie in the pic, so if he's gonna be around the whole season, people should recognize him as the murderer of a whole SWAT team and as a dead actor.

if you saw someone who looks like a dead guy, do you run up and ask him if he's the dead guy you saw on TV? :huh:

if you saw someone who looks like a dead guy, do you run up and ask him if he's the dead guy you saw on TV? :huh:

No but someone would start pointing and maybe whispering to their friend, "hey doesn't he look like that psycho dead actor..."

No but someone would start pointing and maybe whispering to their friend, "hey doesn't he look like that psycho dead actor..."

It's a TV show, time is at a premium, I for one would rather have more time spent on developing the actual characters than spending time on some random extra.

And stopping the action to have people pointing and whispering would have killed the timing, imo.

It's a TV show, time is at a premium, I for one would rather have more time spent on developing the actual characters than spending time on some random extra.

And stopping the action to have people pointing and whispering would have killed the timing, imo.

You don't need to spend time on it, just have someone in the background point and whisper, and boom, it makes more sense.

Ill DL Ep3 tonight, but 1 and 2 wewre cool. I liked Johns new friend. I hope she is just a civilian who likes him; I think sometimes shows (*cough*Buffy*cough*) can become bogged down with EVERYONE who gets introduced being in on the gag. I dont want Riley (I think that was her name) to be in any way shape of form associated with Skynet or the the conspiracy. Let her be the civilian!

Riley's brief comment about her father leads me to believe that he might be the replacement for the guy that was murdered in the season premiere. iirc, she mentions something about her father taking over someone else's job at his company, though I'd have to doublecheck it to be certain.

Could just be a coincidence, though (for instance, she hasn't confirmed where her father works). In the meantime, it seems clear that she's meant to serve as a counterbalance to Cameron, since she's a flesh and blood teenage female, while Cameron... isn't.

Other odds and ends...

I'm wondering what Ellison's new boss wants with him. We the viewers know that the whole thing was a lie. And getting rid of or replacing Ellison wouldn't have required hiring him into the company. So I'm left to wonder exactly what the plan is there.

I've also got to admit that it would be amusing to see Chromartie and Weaver ignorantly working at cross-purposes, and one of Chromartie's more successful plans disrupted by Weaver.

I think the T-1001 hiring Ellison is a ploy to find out where John is. But it doesn't seem like she's out to get him.

The thing is, why would she need Ellison to help her find another machine as she claims. If she really needed one, they could simply send one back in time. Heck, they could send a whole team of machines back in time to start a company and work on creating Skynet. I think it is another plot to get John Conner, or perhaps there is another agenda yet to be revealed.

One thing that bugged me about this last episode is when they were at the pier and Cromartie is chasing after John and shooting at him. How is it that the police never arrive to investigate what is going on, and possibly see him walking out of the water onto the beach? Why wasn't anyone else near the area where they fell over the pier trying to investigate what happened? I would think that someone would have called 911 after the first shots were fired. I wonder how long it actually took Cromartie to sink to the bottom and walk out?

Edited by sharky

Arnie is in season 2?

Graham

The thing is, why would she need Ellison to help her find another machine as she claims. If she really needed one, they could simply send one back in time. Heck, they could send a whole team of machines back in time to start a company and work on creating Skynet. I think it is another plot to get John Conner, or perhaps there is another agenda yet to be revealed.

Most of this pretty much matches up with my thoughts. From what we've seen in the first two episodes, Weaver seems to be in place to make changes that will make it easier for SkyNet to take over (and to build SkyNet in the first place). So why would she need another Terminator? Wouldn't any that she needed have been sent along with her?

I'm not so sure that she's specifically after John. It seems the most obvious option, but at the same time she has no particular reason to think that Ellison has any information on John, or that John is even in the area. Chromartie obviously hasn't made contact with any other Terminators since he's been working alone (my guess from what's been stated before and what we've seen is that every single Terminator has a "drop everything and kill John Connor!" command embedded in them if they realize that he's in the area). So there's nothing to suggest that there's any evidence of John's presence in the area. As a result, there doesn't seem to be enough to set that up as Ellison's mission.

I suppose it's possible that she hired him simply to find out why Chromartie left him alive. Given that Terminators have no compunctions about killing (Cameron and the bird, Charlie's wife and the reason she was still alive), it might strike Weaver as odd that Ellison wasn't dispatched when Chromartie knew for certain that his cover was blown.

One thing that bugged me about this last episode is when they were at the pier and Cromartie is chasing after John and shooting at him. How is it that the police never arrive to investigate what is going on, and possibly see him walking out of the water onto the beach? Why wasn't anyone else near the area where they fell over the pier trying to investigate what happened? I would think that someone would have called 911 after the first shots were fired. I wonder how long it actually took Cromartie to sink to the bottom and walk out?

iirc, there was only a very brief period of time between when Chromartie finally located John, and when John jumped into the water. There would logically be a number of foot cops in the area, but they would need to make their way through the crowds toward the source of the gunfire. That would take time, and John would have been in the water long before they arrived. They may have been there by the time John got back out of the water, but if John came up at a different location then the cops wouldn't have known that he was involved (they'd be looking for a guy wearing a jacket, for one thing, and wouldn't have known what John was wearing underneath it).

2 things just occoured to me as i read this:

1 - SOmeone asked why Skynet doesnt send back a whole bunch of bots to make itself in the first place; remember that in the future the bots are WINNING! They dont need to get Skynet built, because they know it happens! All they need to do is stop John and Sarah.

2 - I still hope Riley isnt involved in everything, but seriously suspect she will be. Damn it.

3 - maybe the Chick from Garbage is trying to stop Cromartie because he goes a bit nuts and screws up the plan/future?

3 - maybe the Chick from Garbage is trying to stop Cromartie because he goes a bit nuts and screws up the plan/future?

I think there's terminators from different futures with differing goals and I think garbagenator is a future skynet who's trying to make it's own future the future.

LOL, no he isn't...sorry Graham, I was making a joke out of Cromatie's name. I thought it would be funny to call him Chrome Arnie as a nod to the original :lol:

Damn. Well I didn't think Arnie would actually be in it, too busy and all that.

But when you mentioned 'Chrome Arnie', I thought maybe there would be a liquid metal terminator in the series rendered in CG to look like Arnie. That would be cool.

Graham

2 things just occoured to me as i read this:

1 - SOmeone asked why Skynet doesnt send back a whole bunch of bots to make itself in the first place; remember that in the future the bots are WINNING! They dont need to get Skynet built, because they know it happens! All they need to do is stop John and Sarah.

2 - I still hope Riley isnt involved in everything, but seriously suspect she will be. Damn it.

Yeah, that was me. You make an interesting point. You can get yourself into a paradox thinking about it. If Skynet never sends back any machines to build itself will it in fact get built? The thing is they sent back Arnold in the first movie because John Connor was in fact a threat and they must have feared that they would really lose. Remember John is the one who turns the tide in the losing battle. After the last episode Garbage Chick again states that she wants to reverse engineer a machine. Then again, it's hard to accept anything she says as it all may be lies to cover her real motives.

The fact that Skynet started to send back machines to kill Sarah and later John alerted Sarah to the fact that she needs to prevent Skynet from getting built. With this new threat Skynet does need to ensure it gets created. If Skynet never sent back any machines in the first place I would agree that Skynet would need to do nothing to ensure it gets developed in the past. Machines don't seem to be very smart in the end, or they exhibit pretty simple logic. That's the advantage humans have over them. Machines can be tricked due to ignorance and lack of experience IMO. If Skynet made them more human like and instill a fear of dying in them then they would probably be more clever and think of better ways to kill humans and ensure their own survival at the same time.

The one thing that really intrigued me was Garbage Chick's little girl. What the heck was that about? Was she also a shape shifting terminator disguised as a child? That would seriously be a new twist to things. Looking forward to seeing that plot line develop.

Edited by sharky

Dammit Fox! :angry:

Not this crap again. Must you can a show before it even finds it's legs?

Hope this is just a rumor:

Feeling the most pain at the moment though is Fox, with both "Terminator" and "Prison Break" pulling in a mere 5.3 million viewers each. 'Prison' averaged 7.5 million viewers last year but with many expecting this to be the show's final season, the fall isn't unexpected.

"Terminator" on the other hand is a disappointment. A stellar ratings launch last year yielded 18.3 million viewers before losing more than half its audience right away and settling in at a little over 8 million viewers on average for the first season.

Having lost 34 percent of its audience average from the previous year and with the number slipping down each week, there's already talk at SyFy Portal that Fox could shut down production before the season is finished.

from Dark Horizons

Dammit Fox! :angry:

Not this crap again. Must you can a show before it even finds it's legs?

Hope this is just a rumor:

Feeling the most pain at the moment though is Fox, with both "Terminator" and "Prison Break" pulling in a mere 5.3 million viewers each. 'Prison' averaged 7.5 million viewers last year but with many expecting this to be the show's final season, the fall isn't unexpected.

"Terminator" on the other hand is a disappointment. A stellar ratings launch last year yielded 18.3 million viewers before losing more than half its audience right away and settling in at a little over 8 million viewers on average for the first season.

Having lost 34 percent of its audience average from the previous year and with the number slipping down each week, there's already talk at SyFy Portal that Fox could shut down production before the season is finished.

from Dark Horizons

Why oh why do my favorite shows get canceled. Yet, we are coming up on season 13 of The Bachelor. IMHO the Terminator series is suffering due to the fact that you really need to be a fan of the movies in order to fully appreciate the show. After the last Terminator movie I can see why some people may have lost interest. I think some things probably go over the heads of average viewers. I used to hear people gripe that they couldn't really understand The Matrix movies. Of course these are people who were not really into Sci-fi which is my point. Sci-fi is just a tough thing to do as a TV series because you need it to appeal to more than just your die hard sci-fi fan.

They should have waited to do the show after the the new movie comes out next year. That is if the movie does well. Then you might have a renewed interest in the franchise.

Edited by sharky

Why oh why do my favorite shows get canceled. Yet, we are coming up on season 13 of The Bachelor. IMHO the Terminator series is suffering due to the fact that you really need to be a fan of the movies in order to fully appreciate the show. After the last Terminator movie I can see why some people may have lost interest. I think some things probably go over the heads of average viewers. I used to hear people gripe that they couldn't really understand The Matrix movies. Of course these are people who were not really into Sci-fi which is my point. Sci-fi is just a tough thing to do as a TV series because you need it to appeal to more than just your die hard sci-fi fan.

They should have waited to do the show after the the new movie comes out next year. That is if the movie does well. Then you might have a renewed interest in the franchise.

I think shows like X-files, Lost, Alias, BSG have proven that fans are more than willing to stick with a show even if they don't understand everything that's going on screen.

I like the show well enough, but I have to say that the fact that all four main characters are now chronically angry and emo isn't winning me over any.

I think shows like X-files, Lost, Alias, BSG have proven that fans are more than willing to stick with a show even if they don't understand everything that's going on screen.

I like the show well enough, but I have to say that the fact that all four main characters are now chronically angry and emo isn't winning me over any.

Good point, but with those shows you were able to get in on the ground floor. Even BSG started from scratch essentially. If the main characters didn't show any angst it would seem illogical given that they know the end of civilization as we know it is coming. However, I do agree that the whole emo thing and feeling sorry for yourself does get a bit old. Heck they even managed to turn Cameron emo. :( I never did like the John Connor character in T2. I thought his character in T3 was not bad.

I guess my interest in the past movies has carried me through the series, and if I wasn't already a fan this series wouldn't have been the thing that brought me in.

Edited by sharky

Yeah, that was me. You make an interesting point. You can get yourself into a paradox thinking about it. If Skynet never sends back any machines to build itself will it in fact get built? The thing is they sent back Arnold in the first movie because John Connor was in fact a threat and they must have feared that they would really lose. Remember John is the one who turns the tide in the losing battle. After the last episode Garbage Chick again states that she wants to reverse engineer a machine. Then again, it's hard to accept anything she says as it all may be lies to cover her real motives.

The fact that Skynet started to send back machines to kill Sarah and later John alerted Sarah to the fact that she needs to prevent Skynet from getting built. With this new threat Skynet does need to ensure it gets created. If Skynet never sent back any machines in the first place I would agree that Skynet would need to do nothing to ensure it gets developed in the past. Machines don't seem to be very smart in the end, or they exhibit pretty simple logic. That's the advantage humans have over them. Machines can be tricked due to ignorance and lack of experience IMO. If Skynet made them more human like and instill a fear of dying in them then they would probably be more clever and think of better ways to kill humans and ensure their own survival at the same time.

The one thing that really intrigued me was Garbage Chick's little girl. What the heck was that about? Was she also a shape shifting terminator disguised as a child? That would seriously be a new twist to things. Looking forward to seeing that plot line develop.

Actually what Reese says in the first movie is that the Machines did loose and that killing Conner then wouldn't matter. They sent the Terminater back to make sure Conner never existed so they could win. The Machines loose, that's why they are obsessed with Killing young John because he will bring about their end.

Chris