Star Wars: The Clone Wars CG TV series

Regardless of the story, the animation just plain creeps me out :o

This is not to be unexpected from the shallow pool of talent that he is pulling from. His Asian studio won't be up to par for several years and is only at this level because Lucas transferred high level talent to be the heads of the studio doing the project.

We'll see what style and level of quality the studio is able to produce by 2009-10.

Well, there's numerous battles that can be covered since it was the huge Clone Wars and such.

They could have even done the same with the Original Trilogy era / Galactic Civil War.

As for the animation... bleh.

Again....we've already got a series, and there were video games that also covered the Clone Wars (Starwars Clone Wars FPS)

Look see this? *WHACK!* I'm beating a dead horse!

Why oh why couldn't the prequel trilogy have been this?

I'm glad it didn't, if it were I wouldn't have gone and seen it. It reminds me of those low budget CG movies that were airing on Action channel and G4.

Saw this on another message board and I'm still of the same opinion about this new series. I like the character design and the scene composition, but the animation is like CG movie sequences in the late 1990s (I'm thinking Blizzard Entertainment video games, circa 1998). I expected far better motion physics from a current CG animation series, especially from a franchise with deep pockets like Star Wars.

Edited by Mr March

I also gotta say that the 3D CG character designs look terrible. I would have preferred a more photo-real style, like the Final Fantasy CG movie.

I'm guessing Lucas stuck with Clone Wars era as most SW fanboys just wanna see Jedi and lightsaber action and if you go with original trilogy time-line you are limited in that respect.

Still, as bad as it looks, we are probably all going to end up watching it anyway.

Graham

Clone wars has been covered sufficiently. It'd make more sense to cover the post oriignal trilogy territory, with the supposed original VII, VIII, & IX parts of the story. CG/animation would solve all problems resulting from actor's being too old.

Hell Mark Hamill is a voice actor now, he could easily do Luke's voice again if Lucas wanted to lure him back with more cash.

I would still like to see something taking place in the era of Knights of the Old Republic.

The animation actually looks pretty good for a tv series, I'm not certain what everyone is complaining about as far as that goes. If this were a movie, I'd say it's sub-par, but this is a tv series isn't it? I can only assume the majority of complaints are confusing a style they don't care for with actual quality of production. Lots of people seem to do that. That or an expectation of high budget movie effects in a tv series.

As for the designs, well opinions are opinions and you know what they say about opinions. Personally, I'm sick unto death with all of the attempts at "realistic" CG that simply winds up looking creepy due to "uncanney valley" syndrome. I'm sick of realistic CG in general, and on principle because it's what so many high end productions aim for. Personally, I think this looks stylish, and and a nice change of pace from all that.

I'm guessing Lucas stuck with Clone Wars era as most SW fanboys just wanna see Jedi and lightsaber action and if you go with original trilogy time-line you are limited in that respect.

Graham

Sorry to be the voice of dissent again Graham :lol:

But the actual use of the Clone Wars era is just as restrictive as the now unused Original Trilogy / Galactic Civil War era.

Practically every book, comic, game, etc set in the Clone Wars era is focused on the Jedi despite the richness and variety of the Republic Army and Navy. Clonetrooper armor + blasters and the preceding Star Destroyer designs. They're fabulous! But what does every Clone Wars era book, comic, game reduces itself to? Lightsabers swinging all over the place or ridiculously, increasingly overpowered Force abilities. And that's it, despite the large established background of the Republic.

Even in books "centered" on the Republic Clonetroopers have Jedi taking the central role (Republic Commando books) :p

What Lucasfilm / Lucasarts is doing with the rich possibilities of the Clone Wars is just as straight-jacketed as any perceived restrictions with the OT era.

Im not sure which is exactly the premise of this series clone wars, but I would like to see more of the story that happened elsewhere, not necesarily the ob1 and anakin adventures.

But more Clone Trooper tales and other jedis in different planets fighting.

I think we've seen enough of yoda, windu, ob1, anakin with the movies.

Im not sure which is exactly the premise of this series clone wars, but I would like to see more of the story that happened elsewhere, not necesarily the ob1 and anakin adventures.

But more Clone Trooper tales and other jedis in different planets fighting.

I think we've seen enough of yoda, windu, ob1, anakin with the movies.

keeping this fresh is gonna be a challenge.