The Xbox 360 Thread Elite Edition

Well, combined with the screen-saver and the controller's auto-shutdown, it can at least be "very dark and unresponsive" if you let it sit 20 mins. The controller takes longer to "boot up" than the system does IMHO.

meh_cd----ME's texture loading issues are pretty darn random, and there is no patch yet. You can have it happen 5 scenes in a row, or go an hour glitch-free. Little thing that is based purely on my experience:

I swear Kaiden has "highest priority". His textures always load first. If he's in the party, others will suffer.

Well, combined with the screen-saver and the controller's auto-shutdown, it can at least be "very dark and unresponsive" if you let it sit 20 mins. The controller takes longer to "boot up" than the system does IMHO.

meh_cd----ME's texture loading issues are pretty darn random, and there is no patch yet. You can have it happen 5 scenes in a row, or go an hour glitch-free. Little thing that is based purely on my experience:

I swear Kaiden has "highest priority". His textures always load first. If he's in the party, others will suffer.

Hah, he's usually in my party.

But, for me at least, the character textures aren't the only ones loading slowly. The environment lags behind a bit as well.

"Delicious Bunny?" Oh boy, do you get a lot of snide remarks when you play H3 on Live?

I avoid H3 really all together as the single player was pretty bland and underwhelming. There was one time a 12 year old had quite the "vocaularic audaucity" with the most colorful of languages to comment about said username during a session of R6 Vegas. Thankfully the host and 2 other mature players kicked him out pretty quickly, and he was added to the block list.

I avoid H3 really all together as the single player was pretty bland and underwhelming. There was one time a 12 year old had quite the "vocaularic audaucity" with the most colorful of languages to comment about said username during a session of R6 Vegas. Thankfully the host and 2 other mature players kicked him out pretty quickly, and he was added to the block list.

Gotta love the mute function in H3 though. A friend once told me that a couple of jerkoffs kept calling my name during the match but I didn't hear a thing because I muted them all while we were still in the lobby.

And we won the match. Sucka's!

lol, I specifically mentioned H3 because that one seems to have the most immature players online. Nothing beats hearing a 9 year old trying to trash talk :lol: But I do hear that R6: Vegas comes in a close second.

Add another one to the list.

Nadesico ND001 - Stampeed Valkyrie

I just got my system, and I noticed there was some heat buildup towards the rear on the bottom. I had an extra laptop cooling mat and have been using it and now there is no more heat buildup. Anyone else try this?

As for online gaming, been mostly playing Rainbow Six Vegas and its extremely buggy. So much so that I have to reset that game at times in order to play.

Rob :ph34r:

Edited by Stampeed Valkyrie

Add another one to the list.

Nadesico ND001 - Stampeed Valkyrie

I just got my system, and I noticed there was some heat buildup towards the rear on the bottom. I had an extra laptop cooling mat and have been using it and now there is no more heat buildup. Anyone else try this?

As for online gaming, been mostly playing Rainbow Six Vegas and its extremely buggy. So much so that I have to reset that game at times in order to play.

Rob :ph34r:

A laptop mat, I should try this out. And where is it buggy in the R6 Vegas? Most of the SP worked fine for me and I've played through it twice.

during co-op modes either Terrorist hunt, or normal campaign in co-op there are parts where something will trigger a sound effect, board, machine gun fire, anything and the sound will keep repeating like its stuck. Also if someone attempts to send a game invite and I am not within the game already the game will get stuck at the ESRB screen but everything else will load and connect I just cannot play.

Haven't tried any single player yet, this game is like ghost recon where I hated single player squad shooters but multiplayer was a hoot.

during co-op modes either Terrorist hunt, or normal campaign in co-op there are parts where something will trigger a sound effect, board, machine gun fire, anything and the sound will keep repeating like its stuck. Also if someone attempts to send a game invite and I am not within the game already the game will get stuck at the ESRB screen but everything else will load and connect I just cannot play.

Haven't tried any single player yet, this game is like ghost recon where I hated single player squad shooters but multiplayer was a hoot.

Ah yes, that repeated gunfire is both prevalent on both the 360 and PS3 versions as experienced by myself. It's annoying, but a glitch that occurs quite frequently. I have played terrorist hunts where it says there is 1 remaining tango, but he never shows up! We eventually fail the mission because time runs out =/.

I haven't had freezing at the opening screen, but yes, the MP does have a few bugs. The SP works fine so far.

I did alot of h3 this morning....got a lil pissed that one guy kept going after me, and during the territory game no one listened to me when we had enough to go into pairs and have one stay at base....then when our base was getting taken over I got snipped told em where they were....and all my teammates didnt show up.....they just like...did nothing

New rumors of an MS motion sensing controller: http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/15364/Micros...360-Controller/

Just because everyone else is doing it doesn't make it a good idea. Yeah, it works great for a couple of Wii games. But I actually replaced my SIXAXIS with a Logitech that swapped motion sensing for rumble.

Just because everyone else is doing it doesn't make it a good idea. Yeah, it works great for a couple of Wii games. But I actually replaced my SIXAXIS with a Logitech that swapped motion sensing for rumble.

I tend to agree with you, but I think the sixaxis fails because it tacked on motion sensing into a regular controller while the wii control scheme was designed around motion sensing. I mean, you couldn't play tennis or bowling or 2/3rdds of the motions you can do with the wii mote, not easily or comfortably anyways.

If those sketches are accurate at all, it looks like MS learned from Sony's mistake and they're designing their motion sensing controller from the ground up. But given the library of games on the 360, I don't really see what motion sensing would add, unless MS is planning on a bunch of Wii ports.

Did you guys read the article? It says the sketches are from Nintendo's prototype for the Wii controller from way back in 2001. MS is working on a motion sensing system but only for a next generation system.

We could see an updated Xbox controller soon though.

Particularly, Microsoft has looked at ways to improve the right analog stick input and you’ll hear more about those efforts soon.

Did you guys read the article? It says the sketches are from Nintendo's prototype for the Wii controller from way back in 2001. MS is working on a motion sensing system but only for a next generation system.

We could see an updated Xbox controller soon though.

oh woops, I guess I didn't pay attention. <_<

But given the library of games on the 360, I don't really see what motion sensing would add, unless MS is planning on a bunch of Wii ports.

Godzilla Unleashed would be nice, but I'm a big Godzilla fan, and also really liked Save The Earth, so I'm in the minority there. Plus that's the type of game that could be retooled for a standard controller anyway. There's really nothing else on the Wii I'd like to play, the gimmick does nothing for me. Maybe I'm old school, but I'd really just like to press a button or push a stick.

I tend to agree with you, but I think the sixaxis fails because it tacked on motion sensing into a regular controller while the wii control scheme was designed around motion sensing. I mean, you couldn't play tennis or bowling or 2/3rdds of the motions you can do with the wii mote, not easily or comfortably anyways.

But the thing is, the results have been good for games like Wii Sports, fine for games like Super Mario Galaxy, and passable to unplayable for a lot of games. My complaint with the Wiimote isn't that it wasn't designed well for motion-sensing, but that too many games aren't designed for it. Thank goodness Smash Bros is going to support the Classic controller.

I've been having problems logging in tonight too. Took forever to get a match on COD4.

from Xbox Live:

Up and running

Users may experience issues performing transactions dependent on Windows Live ID availability including but not limited to Xbox 360 and Zune account creation, renewal, recovery, all DMP transactions, and logging into or creating Windows Live ID accounts. Users will experience intermittent issues including but not limited to: Tournaments, Storage Downloads, Gamer Tile, Statistics through Arbitration, Match Making, and Messaging. Additionally, Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4 users may experience issues joining matches or posting statistics. Customer Support may also experience issues referencing customer data. We are aware of the issue and are currently working to resolve it. We apologize for any inconvenience.

No wonder my screen is taking close to 30 seconds or more to load up the blades when I exit a game. Good thing I'm doing solo games - specifically Bioshock, which I normally hate horror or creepy type games, but damn this just takes the cake in terms of atmosphere and story telling so far.

THIS ONE IS TOO FAT

THIS ONE IS TOO TALL

THIS ONE IS

WHY DO HUMANS HAVE TWO EYES

WHY DO THEY HAVE TWO LEGS, TWO ARMS, TWO BREASTS, ITS TOO SYMMETRICAL - AND I SHALL DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Doctor, I would like a face lift.

Ohhhhh let's perform facial surgery. My scalpel please.

Wait.....doctor......STOP CUTTING!

Just a few more insertions

GET ME THE CHIEF MEDICAL WARD -----

~~~~~~~~~~~

What Picasso the Spanaird did with a paint brush to human faces, I shall do the same with a surgical knife!

Good, I'm not the only one with issues! Last night I went on to play and it was bizarre that I was connected to XBL and at the bottom of the screen it will would tell me X number of friends are on, but it would tell be to connect to XBL in the main blade and I can't get to Marketplace either. Still having these problems this afternoon.

In the meantime, I spent last night and this afternoon finishing up XBLA Doom on Ultra-Violence difficulty so I think this is like the 3rd XBLA game that I've gotten all 200 points on (prviously Geometry Wars and Golden Axe were the only 2 I fully beat). In Halo 3 news, I just have three achievements left to go - beating it on Legendary, Steppin' Razor, and Overkill (succesfully did that in a Social game just a few nights ago). I hope to beat Legendary with a friend over the upcoming days or weeks.

Also got the Orange Box (again, I am keeping it this time!), so I can't wait to sink my teeth into that. Still need to finish up COD4 on Veteran.

friend of mine and I noticed the huge lag when we did campaign to find some skulls. He also thought because so many ppl have bought or recieved 360's for christmas. I'm sure Microsoft will fix it........or we'll just get use to it.

Anybody tried Warriors of Arkadia? Its a pretty dumb game, mindless Gauntlet-style hack in slash with very little depth and some odd bugs. But! I've spent a couple nights playing it with a friend and it's pretty enjoyable, in a bad-game kinda way. Helps when you can laugh at the random bugs and glitches.

Also, Metal Slug 3 comes out this Wednesday on XBLA. Not a huge Metal Slug fan, but I don't own any version of it so I'll picking it up.

Is XBL still offline? I can't sign in....then again I might be having MTU issues again....actually huh, it wont lemme access my windows live account......my connection test works just fine.

Edited by Hikuro

Your issues go far beyond Live :p

Ha! Thanks alot! :lol:

I was playing with Godzilla/Tsoumeister and a friend of his late this evening and things have greatly improved for me. Am able to get back on Marketplace, too, so hopefully things are on the upswing now.

Also, Metal Slug 3 comes out this Wednesday on XBLA. Not a huge Metal Slug fan, but I don't own any version of it so I'll picking it up.

I have the PS2 Metal Slug Anthology already, but I will definitely be downloading this!

I thought I got renegade points for running over a monkey, so I avoided it in my first run. Next time though---hunting in spaaaaaaaaaace!

I shot the monkeys and got a few renegade points.

Tali and Ashley both yelled at me, too.

Godzilla Unleashed would be nice, but I'm a big Godzilla fan, and also really liked Save The Earth, so I'm in the minority there. Plus that's the type of game that could be retooled for a standard controller anyway. There's really nothing else on the Wii I'd like to play, the gimmick does nothing for me. Maybe I'm old school, but I'd really just like to press a button or push a stick.

don't forget the sport games.