Terminator 4?

I can only imagine the "sneakiness" of the T800s happening as a one-off devastating surprise attack. All the T800s look like Arnie right? Not sure if Skynet is smart enough to make other human templates, but even so, the T800s infiltrate deep into the ranks of Comtech and await the time to strike. They surgically remove and assasinate top resistance leaders while keeping a low profile within their ranks. It won't be long before they are found out and destroyed and Comtech would've found countermeasures by then but not before suffering heavy consequences. (Metal detectors in front of all doors? )

As someone already said, Terminator 1 was your normal "indestructable killer killing and stalking people with a sci-fi twist", like Friday the 13th, Halloween H20, Texas CHainsaw Massacre...shrug. Those sorta stuff. Just minus the teeny boppers. I don't really want Terminator to go back to "its roots".

I was under the impression that Arnold was model 101, or "appearance 101". While the terminator we see in Kyle Reese's dream from the first movie could have been just a creation in his dream, they probably wouldn't have needed all the dogs looking out for terminators if they all had the same human appearance.

I liked how the future looked so dark and bleak in Terminator. In T2 it was cool because we were probably watching the final battle when they got to the time machine and sent Reese back in time, followed by the reprogrammed Governator. But out of that final battle and show of force, I'd have expected it to be more low key, stealth kind of missions like in the first movie. Sneaking around, blowing stuff up, trying to avoid detection.

War is war no matter how much you cool it up. And assassins help the effort, but they don't win it. You got to have troops on the field, maintain control of your useful resources and deny your enemies access to their's. And we could go on about how that would play out, but if you're going to have a movie about a war then that's going to be shown. I could see them having not so much Star Wars-type movies where the main characters are the driving force to the conflict, but small stories about those living within the world. An "Enemy at the Gates"-type movie could really be something to watch. How was that T3 sidestory game, any good? They could make a movie about that.

If they tried to play it the same as the first movie for every one, people would batty and moan about it being the same old same old. And they had to have more synthetic T-800's than Arnold, or they'd be spotted a mile away like the previous one.

PS: Nobody's got my truck-reference yet? Jeez I thought you kids of the 90's would remember...

If skynet was really losing the war by the time Kyle Reese/T800 was sent back, they certaintly were not losing it (fast enough) before they had the time to develope another series of much more advanced Terminators.

Maybe T4 can have the daughter of John Conner being sent back to save Kyle Reese in the 21st century and ehm, she can become the mother of John's half brother-half grandchild.

Well the only time I want to see a naked terminator walking around in the daylight (not bothering to seek cover or trying to be stealthy), is when it is the result of some kind of battle damage where the human disguise is wearing off or slowly decaying and it as a robot decided it no longer cares if people recognise it as a robot anymore given the circumstances. (ie being detected, having the dogs alert everyone, or generally having mechanical parts hanging out with sparks and stuff coming out of it)

Just don't make them these indestructible tanks that can survive a rocket to the face. Don't make them into mindless monsters. Make the drones or the HKs like that. I think the general idea is as they were getting more advanced, the machines had to be more creative and then used stealth to "hunt" the hiding humans. I get the impression that it wasn't like the humans were a match for them toe to toe since robots/cyborgs are tougher than weak flesh and blood humans. More like the humans were the guys in the concentration camps slowly becoming extinct and losing, and not really powerful enough to fight them unless this great leader had showed them how to beat the robots through some knowledge of the robots' way of thinking (like seeing all the tricks it is capable of when he was a kid) and the weaknesses to exploit.

Robots don't have to eat. They can run 24/7, never complain, don't let emotions get in the way, and when one dies, so what? It's a mass produced thing that can be rebuilt, so it can go on a suicide mission without any problem or counting as a huge loss. Humans are less accurate, have less "armor", get tired and fatigued, have less strength, take ages to train, and they might not fight as fiercely if they get scared or believe they are going to lose which may affect their attitude and bring down performance. If a human dies so do the unique skills, knowledge and experience. Machines have the upper hand when it comes to killing since they are the very weapons the humans themselves made to make themselves more sophisticated at killing.

It would be interesting though to see if humans build their own *robots that are like mecha which are manually controlled to help combat the terminators. Like the power loader in aliens with guns on it or something or those ones in the later matrix movies.. No reason they can't make their own primitive form of powered armor is there?

*not really robots then. More like vehicles like a car that needs guiding, but with robot limbs and no robot brain.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

i'd prefer if they just stop making sequels.

if they did, i'd prefer it negating T3. or just the future war

that way, they can't screw up the series any more.

it should've ended with T2. even the novels say so.

the T2 novel actually says Sarah Connor dies in a raid vs skynet right before John sends Reese back in time

:ph34r:

there's a site about it somewhere...

EDIT:

BINGO !! found it :lol:

terminator site

Edited by UN_MARINE

Summer Glau isn't that great of an actress or stuntwoman(for fights) all of her fight scenes in Firefly/Serenity are laughable, but they convey the message well enough. Still... I've never been impressed by anything she's been in. She's too frail looking to be a terminator imho, though that could be Skynet's rationale.. :)

Why are people so hung up on T2? They batty and moan about continuity, but T2 ruined it by destroying Cyberdyne and "preventing" the future. T3 brought the continuity back into alignment sans bunny hugging terminators.

As for Terminators being stealthy... I suppose... the T-1000 was the best at that. The others seemed to be more brute force. Because robots are strong and made of metal. (anyone get that?)

Edited by Max Jenius

Oh I liked Summer Glau because she's creepy looking. :)

I didn't like T3 because it felt like a fan-film and didn't have Brad Fiedel doing the music. Can't have a Terminator movie without the terminator theme somewhere in the film besides the credits. I liked some things in T3, like the dark ending, and Nick Stahl as John Connor.

Oh I liked Summer Glau because she's creepy looking. :)

I didn't like T3 because it felt like a fan-film and didn't have Brad Fiedel doing the music. Can't have a Terminator movie without the terminator theme somewhere in the film besides the credits. I liked some things in T3, like the dark ending, and Nick Stahl as John Connor.

Dude, T3's ending rocked. I loved it. Plus it got things back on track.

yeah... on the tracks leading to suckville.

I know now why you cry, but it is something I can never do. Go snuggle up to your stuffed T-800 doll and cry yourself to sleep as you patiently away James Cameron to return and make T4: The Underwater Adventure. :D

But seriously.. different strokes. Based on T3, I personally am optimistic. :)

The whole francise just says one thing. The future is already set. what ever you do you will end up doing....

Think of it as your traveling down a straight road, weather you drive down it in a car, walk, or crawl on your ass, and stop on the way, the point is you will get to the end of the road eventually. T2 and T3 showed this that even though they changed the future it still happens. It is enevitable.

Skynet is a global network of computers and factorys and stuff, you cant just kill it, a point that Conner worked out in T3.

Whats to say that Skynet didnt send back some T800`s/ T101`s into the past just to help set its self up for the future, Put some skin on them Load em up with engineering 101 and a bit of human history. Pop a couple back to the 90`s and a few to help Skynet rise from the ashes of the Nukes. I always had a problem with how a bunch of computers networked together could take over the world, this would fix that.

Skynet creates itself. It already knows the T800 will fail but is nessesarry for its own creation. It is the creator of its own pradox. Perfect !!! Be your own dad the ultimate in time travel :D

Edited by big F

The whole francise just says one thing. The future is already set. what ever you do you will end up doing....

Think of it as your traveling down a straight road, weather you drive down it in a car, walk, or crawl on your ass, and stop on the way, the point is you will get to the end of the road eventually. T2 and T3 showed this that even though they changed the future it still happens. It is enevitable.

Skynet is a global network of computers and factorys and stuff, you cant just kill it, a point that Conner worked out in T3.

Whats to say that Skynet didnt send back some T800`s/ T101`s into the past just to help set its self up for the future, Put some skin on them Load em up with engineering 101 and a bit of human history. Pop a couple back to the 90`s and a few to help Skynet rise from the ashes of the Nukes. I always had a problem with how a bunch of computers networked together could take over the world, this would fix that.

Skynet creates itself. It already knows the T800 will fail but is nessesarry for its own creation. It is the creator of its own pradox. Perfect !!! Be your own dad the ultimate in time travel :D

lol T4 should do a Futurama crossover. Or like, "Kyle Reese" was actually John Connor w/ a major Oedipus Complex!

Well they could do a movie where the terminators actually win and finally kill all humans and have the future be set. Then they get bored as robots and realise they can't experience love and decide to clone humans and remake the world, being the gods of the humans. Sounds like something from some japanese square-enix RPG. :D The terminators could have gladiatorial fights to entertain themselves and stuff and base their civilisation on humans, but thousands of years later realise their existence is pointless or something.

After making humans, the machines decide to protect humans like an endangered species of animal. Eventually aliens invade and try to destroy both the terminators and humans putting them both into slavery. The machines then create robots that look just like the aliens and copy the aliens' technology and disguise themselves as aliens by making alien cyborgs.

The series of movies would eventually go into space where the terminators decide to conquer the galaxy and each alien race has to defend itself from the machines. Originally invented by humans who were too weak to fight them. Then the terminators encounter the aliens from the "alien" movies. They both respect each other for surviving so long and not being able to be truly killed from sequel to sequel of each movie and form an alliance.

The aliens get angry one day because the terminators killed off all their food supply that they needed to feed to thier children and are overpopulated and running out of things to impregnate. Terminators decide to terminate the aliens but their acid blood eventually proves too much a threat to the machines to live with, so they engage in a huge war that lasts for 1000s of years which hollywood can make hundreds of sequels about. The predators which have been invisible throughout all the movies, gets pissed at both of them and starts a campaign to kill both the terminators and aliens by using their superior hunting skills and high tech blades that cut through anything. And finally that is the end of the terminator, predator and alien sagas. The few cloned humans eventually try to clone some of the aliens and remake robots to rule again, and the predators let them do this to allow them to hunt something once in a while as they sometimes get bored of all the things they kill that require them to handicap themselves with primitive gear due to none of them being a big enough challenge to their superior fighting abilities. (deaths from hunting help to weed out the weak from the strong, sorta like the spartans euthanising their own skinny babies to keep the bloodline strong. After all what good is being a warrior if there's nothing to war against and sharpen skills?)

Well they could do a movie where the terminators actually win and finally kill all humans and have the future be set. Then they get bored as robots and realise they can't experience love and decide to clone humans and remake the world, being the gods of the humans. Sounds like something from some japanese square-enix RPG. :D The terminators could have gladiatorial fights to entertain themselves and stuff and base their civilisation on humans, but thousands of years later realise their existence is pointless or something.

After making humans, the machines decide to protect humans like an endangered species of animal. Eventually aliens invade and try to destroy both the terminators and humans putting them both into slavery. The machines then create robots that look just like the aliens and copy the aliens' technology and disguise themselves as aliens by making alien cyborgs.

The series of movies would eventually go into space where the terminators decide to conquer the galaxy and each alien race has to defend itself from the machines. Originally invented by humans who were too weak to fight them. Then the terminators encounter the aliens from the "alien" movies. They both respect each other for surviving so long and not being able to be truly killed from sequel to sequel of each movie and form an alliance.

The aliens get angry one day because the terminators killed off all their food supply that they needed to feed to thier children and are overpopulated and running out of things to impregnate. Terminators decide to terminate the aliens but their acid blood eventually proves too much a threat to the machines to live with, so they engage in a huge war that lasts for 1000s of years which hollywood can make hundreds of sequels about. The predators which have been invisible throughout all the movies, gets pissed at both of them and starts a campaign to kill both the terminators and aliens by using their superior hunting skills and high tech blades that cut through anything. And finally that is the end of the terminator, predator and alien sagas. The few cloned humans eventually try to clone some of the aliens and remake robots to rule again, and the predators let them do this to allow them to hunt something once in a while as they sometimes get bored of all the things they kill that require them to handicap themselves with primitive gear due to none of them being a big enough challenge to their superior fighting abilities. (deaths from hunting help to weed out the weak from the strong, sorta like the spartans euthanising their own skinny babies to keep the bloodline strong. After all what good is being a warrior if there's nothing to war against and sharpen skills?)

I was crackin up reading this. Bravo. lol

I'd put my $10.50 to watch that. I say make a lil Flash movie and put it on You Tube.

I want capcom to make the videogames on it. And it will all be done in a 2d hand drawn and hand animated sprites.

"Predator vs aliens vs terminator"

The predator would be a little like wolverine in the x-men fighting game, terminator would be slow with ranged attacks (like the cyborg in street fighter 3 but with guns) and the alien would be like Strider from marvel vs capcom. (really fast and quick and button-mash abusive, with high agility, super jumps, wall jumps and triple jumps to psyche out the opponent)

A random Colonial Marine could be there somewhere as an android version who you can tag in using the powerloader. It would be the ultimate fanboy wish, like what marvel ultimate alliance is for fans of the comic characters.

If they made a movie out of it, it would probably be pg13 and try to tone down the horror for little kids, so maybe they could just use cg like final fantasy movies always do and focus on fights. (did anyone see that master chief vs samas Aran cg movie? Yeah the whole thing would be full of fighting scene after fighting scene like that. :D fart story, it's the fight pron we want to see. )

I want capcom to make the videogames on it. And it will all be done in a 2d hand drawn and hand animated sprites.

"Predator vs aliens vs terminator"

The predator would be a little like wolverine in the x-men fighting game, terminator would be slow with ranged attacks (like the cyborg in street fighter 3 but with guns) and the alien would be like Strider from marvel vs capcom. (really fast and quick and button-mash abusive, with high agility, super jumps, wall jumps and triple jumps to psyche out the opponent)

A random Colonial Marine could be there somewhere as an android version who you can tag in using the powerloader. It would be the ultimate fanboy wish, like what marvel ultimate alliance is for fans of the comic characters.

If they made a movie out of it, it would probably be pg13 and try to tone down the horror for little kids, so maybe they could just use cg like final fantasy movies always do and focus on fights. (did anyone see that master chief vs samas Aran cg movie? Yeah the whole thing would be full of fighting scene after fighting scene like that. :D fart story, it's the fight pron we want to see. )

Actually, I've been hoping that Capcom would do something like this with Transformers G1... well the 2d sprite fighter game.... will never happen though. :(

Aw, hell. <_<

Three movies were enough. The only redeeming things about T3 were the Glock 18 and naked chick. Other than that, nada.

T2 was worth it just for the nuclear attack sequence. Everything else was just "okay".

"The Terminator" is an excellent sci-fi classic from the era of so-called "cyberpunk". Well, that's long gone now. Why do they have to ruin it by milking something for all it's worth?

Oh, well. <_<