What do you guys do with your 1/48?

Decon

Sorry, but I'm a believer that toys should be played with.

'Course with toys like the 1/48's they're not the sort of thing you give an 8 year old, so it's generally 'grown up' play in that they're mostly displayed and transformed infrequently. And whooshed around the room when the kids are in bed and the girlfriend's not looking. Ahem.

Hmm... mine have all been taken out and displayed, some are custom decaled and weathered, but my Roy 1S with Strike armor is currently away... I handle mine and transform them and fool around with them alot. They aren't fragile, so I don't worry about handling them.

I used to have mine displayed and stickered up. But recently, I have most packed away neatly in a plastic tote bin and have a few out on display on my bookshelves.

I have a 1 year old at home, so probably those are going to start coming down as well. Oh well, we're planning on moving next year to a place with more rooms, so we'll convert one into a study/den/refuge from rampaging baby and maybe I'll have a chance to break them out of storage then.

I tend to rotate little displays around on the tops of bookcases, TV stands, and so on. New acquisitions usually get a spot on display when I get them, and then might come out for another display at a later date. Right now, there's 1/48 Hikaru's VF-1J with urban camo armour, 1/48 Roy's VF-1S and 1/60 YF-19 facing down Masterpiece Megatron. :D The rest of my valks, 1/48 and all, are neatly packed away.

all posed on display shelves. i make it a point to transform at least one a day. never saw the point in not playing with toys (unless you're trying to sell them for profit later or own a museum). my 1/48 max 1a, 1/100 monster, and 1/60 yf-19 get the most use and whooshing (Kyuun - ing ?). sooo much fun.

Edited by xsjado

I have all of mine in boxes in storage. I have no room to display at this time. I will eventually display them in the future when I get some room.

I shower with mine..

When I used to have 1/48s I had them on display above my computer on bracket-less shelves. But eventually they all ended up in their boxes and then eventually sold on ebay. I thought if they're just gonna sit in their boxes someone else should have them to enjoy.

All of mine are on display. I don't even have the boxes for them anymore - long since flattened and recycled. (In fact the only Yamato box I still have is the 1/60th GBP box, and only because it is in the far corners of my attic and I can't be bothered chasing it down).

My three 1/48th's are on the display shelves in my living room along with some of my other Macross and Mospeada stuff. Can't see the point anymore in having stuff I'm never going to display, so anything that is going to spend its time in a box I'm not planning on keeping.

Karl

Sorry, but I'm a believer that toys should be played with.

'Course with toys like the 1/48's they're not the sort of thing you give an 8 year old, so it's generally 'grown up' play in that they're mostly displayed and transformed infrequently. And whooshed around the room when the kids are in bed and the girlfriend's not looking. Ahem.

"HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" You too huh :lol: I keep mine displayed in one mode (fighter) for a week or two then transform it to the next mode (gerwalk) for another week or three then transform it again (battroid) for the next few weeeks depending on my mood placing on and removing the armors. :D

All are displayed in my magnicifant Macross cabinent. I'm a proud man!

Someday i will get a VF-1S and keep it MISB, and deffinently a YF-21 1/60.

But they need to be displayed, (only have 5, so 3 in each mode, GBP etc etc),

i don't collect to someday sell them off at triple the price. (besides a Goldy Book :p)

If i started when the Low-vis VF-1 first came out i'd dare say i would have kept that MISB.

So i guess from now on, i will keep those uber supa special limited edition

1/48's tuck'd safe away. But i'm afraid nothing special has come as a

1/48 non canon colour variant to warrant such a MISB since the Low-Vis 1.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Do you guys keep it MISB, Displayed, or Transform it once in a while?

I'm torn between keeping it MISB or just buying another one to Transform and play and wear the GBP armor.

same...i would love to keep an MISB and get a loose one for playing ....

I have a rotating display... Since I currently don't have enough shelf space for all of my stuff (not just 1/48s), and new stuff constantly arriving, the vast majority is boxed up. I don't 'play' with them too often, so mine is more a museum display. I would love to be able to get everything out and put on display at some point, but will need to invest in some appropriate cabinetry.

Basically mine sit on the shelf in fighter mode and serve as inspiration when I do anything artistic. Funny thing is that I love my Super Focker VF-1S and that skull and crossbones emblem has moved it's way on the back window of my truck, rear of my ATV, frame of my mountain bike, computer hard case, and CD case in my car!

most of the are displayed. dont have time to play with my valks. almost all of them havent been transformed. and there are some that havent been taken out of their shipping boxes since their arrival. so busy =(

I have a rotating display... Since I currently don't have enough shelf space for all of my stuff (not just 1/48s).

where can i get a rotating display? :huh:

Edited by Vegas Valkyrie

where can i get a rotating display? :huh:

I imgaine that means the Valks are transformed and displayed differently on a regular basis,

not something you would find at the cafeteria. :p I too have a rotating display, coz i think up

heaps cool poses all the time and i need the display cabinent to be purfect.

A propery rotating mechanical diplay would be godly. Maybe i should flog one downtown...

question...

Anyone ever feel like a cat sitting there with an unmoving stare at your own collection (as in a goldfish in a bowl)?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie