Kaiyodo Revoltech VF-1J

UN Spacy

Now that the novelty has worn off,

I wonder if the production numbers were reduced since HLJ has gone from "to be released" to "out of stock" with no shipping notice on my pre-order.

I hope the line continues...I would hate to think that the toynami's will out number the Revoltech. :blink:

To be honest, I find them only a small step up in quality from the earlier gashapons by Bandai and Kaiyodo. Not really my thing at all.

Give me variable VFs any day!

Graham

Well, they weren't transformables before you purchased them, so they aren't going to transform afterwards either. :):lol:

In all seriousness, I can understand if people demand variable toys. But really, this Revoltechs function brilliantly for their intended use; highly posable action figures. Nothing more, nothing less, but you have to be sure you don't have a problem with the nothing more part before you buy them :)

Edited by Mr March

Well, they weren't transformables before you purchased them, so they aren't going to transform afterwards either. :):lol:

In all seriousness, I can understand if people demand variable toys. But really, this Revoltechs function brilliantly for their intended use; highly posable action figures. Nothing more, nothing less, but you have to be sure you don't have a problem with the nothing more part before you buy them :)

Yeah totally agree!

Sure, I want all the characters in the Macross universe as figures. I have been wanting a Laplamiz and a Gloval for some time now. I am so sorry that I missed out on the CMS Max DYRL (UN SPACY) Pilot suit (I have the Meltrandi suit version) and also sorry that I missed out on the Hikaru one. But there is definitely lots of uncharted territory. How about Breetai and Kamjin too? And a Guld? And of course a Misa Flightsuit (there is an unofficial one that I want to get). Where is CMS now? If you are listening to us please come out with some more macross figures!!!

BTW: You know that you can get a nice Isamu figure (non-articulating) from CMS corp. Twin Moons Anime has them here http://www.tmpanime.com/index.php?main_pag...roducts_id=1527

Edited by miriya

To be fair, I find that the VF-1 Revoltechs are not anywhere near the best of the Revoltech figures... they're fun and all, but I way more enjoy my Ingram Revoltech and my Dougram ones than my VF-1J fig... the design on a whole doesn't totally make a great action figure IMO... same reason Transformers figures aren't nearly as fun as real Transformer toys I think... (G1 TFs > Action Masters. Always.)

Well, I never owned Gasapons or any other action figures. All I know is the three Revoltechs I purchased (VF-1J Valkyrie, AV-98 Ingram Patlabor and Unit 00 Blue Evangelion) are all really high quality figures that have fantastic joints, amazing articulation, plenty of properly designed accessories and some of the best small detailing I've seen on figures so tiny. They are so fun to pose and then admire on your desktop. IMO, the revys are a big win for a consumer like me.

To be fair, I find that the VF-1 Revoltechs are not anywhere near the best of the Revoltech figures... they're fun and all, but I way more enjoy my Ingram Revoltech and my Dougram ones than my VF-1J fig... the design on a whole doesn't totally make a great action figure IMO... same reason Transformers figures aren't nearly as fun as real Transformer toys I think... (G1 TFs > Action Masters. Always.)

i completely agree. the best revolteh so far IMO is the Ingram 1. Amazing detail for such a little toy. I love the transformer revoltech's as well...they are probably second on my list.

as far as good revoltech figs go, the macross ones are probably 3rd or 4th behind Patlabor, Convoy and Revy

I don't really like teh Dreamwave models...so Revoltech Megs and Convoy suffer in my book for being personifications of Pat Lee's nightmarish designs....

But Revoltech in general I find to be absolutely lovely. I own a lot of them and plan on owning many more. My favorites...it's hard to say... Dix Neuf is great...

But in all honesty...I really love Yotsuba :) :) :) :) :) :)

VFTF1

I just got a VF-1j Revoltech, and I am quite happy with it. When I first saw them I thought it looked very cool and now that I have it here on my desk I am still very pleased. It may not transform but you get a trade off of extreme posability. The joints are tight and the joints to me dont stick out like a sore thumb at all. I think they did a great job of hiding them. Way better than the banpresto valks for posability. And I really like the display stand. My 2 pennies.

By the way anyone know what the short black piece that looks like it goes to the display stand is for?

I don't really like teh Dreamwave models...so Revoltech Megs and Convoy suffer in my book for being personifications of Pat Lee's nightmarish designs....

But Revoltech in general I find to be absolutely lovely. I own a lot of them and plan on owning many more. My favorites...it's hard to say... Dix Neuf is great...

But in all honesty...I really love Yotsuba :) :) :) :) :) :)

VFTF1

im a huge Pat Lee fan, i love his Transformer designs. They are 90% show accurate with a slight upgrade. Im a huge comic fan and i love Pat Lee's work so when i found out that the Convoy and Megatron revoltech's were based of his designs they were a must own

I love my Revoltechs! I have three on my desk at all times and I think I play with them at least once a day :D For $20 I am getting a ton of enjoyment out of them.

I have also done some custom work on a few and it's nice to mess with something that is $20, not $200! I would never slice up a 1/48 but I will take the tools out and try something on a Revvie without hesitation. And on that note I just got a treat in the mail that is going on my custom DYRL Higgy VF-1S. Details soon. ;)

I got a vf-1s Revoltech .Does anybody know what the strange part is that doesn't seem to be fit into anything.It is black ,round disc-like, with a small peg and two larger pegs that are white?Thank you ahead of time (I circled it for clarity sake)

post-1957-1196557962_thumb.jpg

I got a vf-1s Revoltech .Does anybody know what the strange part is that doesn't seem to be fit into anything.It is black ,round disc-like, with a small peg and two larger pegs that are white?Thank you ahead of time (I circled it for clarity sake)

Pull the gunpod in half, place that in and attach it to the arm of the robot!

• 8 months later...