The Watchmen

wolfx

What did you think of the Watchmen movie?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Watchmen movie

• 5 stars - Its awesome! I love it! I couldn't ask for more.
    • 4 stars - Pretty good adaptation. Wished it was more accurate to the comic though.
    • 3 stars - It was alright. They shouldn't have mosaic-ed Manhattan's unmentionables.
    • 2 stars - Barely passable....they got alot of facts from the comic wrong! The timelines are screwed up!
    • 1 star - The only great thing about this movie were the sex scenes
  2. 2. Did you read the Watchmen comic before watching the movie? Did you enjoy the movie overall?

• Read the comic , enjoyed the movie.
    • Read the comic, hated the movie.
    • Did not read the comic, enjoyed the movie.
    • Did no read the comic, hated the movie.

Ditto for Dr. Manhattan's naughty bits. :lol:

I'd actually rather see the naughty bits than do a Beowulf-like Austin Power style censorship which just detracts because it winds up being hilarious and distracting. That said, there's no reason why the good Doctor can't be covered most of the time and maybe be too glowly or otherwise distorted if they want to avoid the inevitable adult ratings. He should be naked, though... why should he bother with clothes except when he's officially a superhero and is 'on display'?

....Now will we still see the multiple Dr. Manhattan threesome scene?

I do definitely want to see the Nightowl 'Snowowl' outfit though... I don't minght Nightowl being more armored than the comic... it both makes sense and plays up on the movie incarnations of superheroes... but he should still have the whole 'too much like a comic superhero and you start looking dorky' thing going.

Suprisingly good production values. If this movie doesn't turn into another League of Extraordinary Gentlemen I'll be happy. While that movie also had a decent budget it didn't really capture the original feel of the work. I enjoyed it as a decent ride, but didn't take away a lasting impression. Watchmen's epic storyline requires a well-developed script to convey its message and I hope they have one. I'm really looking forward to this movie regardless :lol:

It's nice to see Snyder doing an animated short of Tales of the Black Freighter. I think the animated short should be included with the film, either before or after, instead of just having it as a DVD extra. Costumes are okay, bit too superhero-ish for my tastes.

• 4 months later...

Looks awesome, but "who will watch the Watchmen?"

Not me. I'll just post up next to a fire hydrant smoking a hand rolled cigarette and read the comic adaptation of the movie adaptation of the graphic novel from the news stand right next to me :lol:

In fact i'm already at the fire hydrant camping out.

People will follow suit and form a line behind me thinking I'm waiting for the 6G Iphone.

Psyche! :D

Edited by chowyunskinny

Having your intrinsic field removed is obviously an unpleasant experience and leaves you unhealthy looking afterwards.

I wonder if this is the comic-to movie adaption for adults we all have been waiting for. And it feels good to see the story without the gorey 80s/retro coloritzation.

One more thing: Latex Spectre!

Like the I said when the costume pictures were released and I'll say it again having seen the trailer: visually the film is working perfectly, but will the script and acting be as spectacular? I hope this film works, but I can't say much from these made-to-geekgasm appetizers we're fed :)

If the same people didn't mind Hellboy 2 i don't see why they'd have fanboy rage over Watchmen. It'll probably be an enjoyable movie but is gonna kick the comic fans in the nads.

hahaha the song in the trailer is called "The End Is the Beginning Is the End" by Smashing Pumpkins which was ironically off of the 1997 Batman and Robin film soundtrack :lol:

sounds like a remix though

Technically speaking it's "The Beginning Is The End Is The Beginning" the 'other' song they did for Batman an Robin. It was the B-side track along with a couple of similar instrumentals on the CD. There's some remixes too as well which adds to the confusion... :ph34r:

AND The trailer just looks amazing. Cannot wait for the movie :D

Saw the trailer at the Batman showing. Looks fantastic visually. Somehow stays visually faithful to the old books while being modern and edgy. I could recognize almost all the scenes shown as being from actual pages of the book... should be good, and might end up being one of the more faithful superhero movies. If some things look cheezy in the movie, it helps that they were meant to in the comics and the book was a deconstruction of the super hero genre in the first place.

Very promising: let's hope the final result will be as good

Doc looks like being in 3D, doesn't it? His moves were a bit... weird

Technically speaking it's "The Beginning Is The End Is The Beginning" the 'other' song they did for Batman an Robin. It was the B-side track along with a couple of similar instrumentals on the CD. There's some remixes too as well which adds to the confusion... :ph34r:

Yup, you're right, I stand corrected. My point is, it's ironic that a song from a horrible comic book film has found new life in the trailer for what might be an amazing comic book film. Wonder if it'll be on the soundtrack or if it's just for the trailer. Was that NIN song from the 300 trailer on the soundtrack?

The trailer looks fantastic. Except for Ozymandias - that's some serious miscasting there. He looks like he needs to adopt the 'Veidt Method'. Seeing the trailer inspired me to read the graphic novel again. Im about a quarter way through it, haven't read it for years and forgot how narratively dense it was. A real masterpiece!

Edited by PetarB

Yup, you're right, I stand corrected. My point is, it's ironic that a song from a horrible comic book film has found new life in the trailer for what might be an amazing comic book film. Wonder if it'll be on the soundtrack or if it's just for the trailer. Was that NIN song from the 300 trailer on the soundtrack?

It's been said that it wont be in the film and it'll just be for the trailer, just like NIN for 300. Whether they throw it on the CD as well though, your guess is as good as mine. Warner still holds the rights to it, I think.

And I agree. Its a really strange choice of a song to use for a trailer but it really works IMO.