1/60 YF-19 Fast Packs & Fold Booster

Mechamaniac

Similar to VF0s, it attach to the leg using magnet, the FAST pack itself dose not hold to the legs very well in battriod mode (it is much heavier the VF0, and more solid), but in the fighter mode the FAST became less easier to fall off due to the rear wing's peg is pluged to this gate, the wings helps keeping it in place, which is good.

B))

Thanks swoosh.

Im still not really convinced that the the neck/fuselage hinge part has been rectified and replaced with one that has a stronger materials and correct "hole" size to accomodate the hinge. Really need confirmation and pictures on that area, but other than that im quite happy with the fixes done namely:

1) Crooked gunpod fixed

2) Rear left landing gear inability to extend fully fixed

3) Gap at the fuselage area minimised

Ohter problems which are not confirmed or are still existent are:

1) Loose shoulder flaps?

2) Reinforced neck hinge?

Lastly, what im really displeased abt are those idiot trigger happy yamato factory workers, who enjoy applying excess glues on watsoever areas which pleases them.

Edited by recon

That fold booster looks like my Superman Pen...I should take a pic and post it up...heh.

The way the fold booster is attached on to the YF-19 is still pretty weak. You'd figure you're traveling super fast and your craft is held by 4 weak anchor points...the fold booster would snap off based on physics.

I think the fold booster should have been made more to cradle the craft than attach to it.

...but i still ordered the boosters just to keep up with the Jones!

That fold booster looks like my Superman Pen...I should take a pic and post it up...heh.

The way the fold booster is attached on to the YF-19 is still pretty weak. You'd figure you're traveling super fast and your craft is held by 4 weak anchor points...the fold booster would snap off based on physics.

I think the fold booster should have been made more to cradle the craft than attach to it.

...but i still ordered the boosters just to keep up with the Jones!

The fold booster is not like the FAST packs. It folds space between two points almost instantly.

It's like a field around the YF, and it does not push/thrust the craft forward.

/geek off

Swoosh.

Love the pictures. Can you post pictures of your gunpod fix.

EDIT: Never mind. Didn't know those pictures were comparing the old and new versions.

Edited by UN Spacy

Those final two Gerwalk mode pics are just beautiful.

Can we get some close ups of Yang, (co-pilot), and how he fits in the cockpit?

I did took some pic of him, but I forgot to upload it to my friend's server...

His face looks real funny inside the helmet, they give the helmet clear plastic shield so you can see his face with his glasses, and IIRC, he has full leg(better than Isamu), no problem for him to fit in the cockpit, just need to push his legs in with a toothpick... ^_^

Im still not really convinced that the the neck/fuselage hinge part has been rectified and replaced with one that has a stronger materials and correct "hole" size to accomodate the hinge. Really need confirmation and pictures on that area, but other than that im quite happy with the fixes done namely:

1) Crooked gunpod fixed

2) Rear left landing gear inability to extend fully fixed

3) Gap at the fuselage area minimised

Ohter problems which are not confirmed or are still existent are:

1) Loose shoulder flaps?

2) Reinforced neck hinge?

Lastly, what im really displeased abt are those idiot trigger happy yamato factory workers, who enjoy applying excess glues on watsoever areas which pleases them.

1) Loose shoulder flaps? ---> OK on mine. (one of them did dropped during the first transformation, but never happen again when I slide them out with caution afterward.

2) Reinforced neck hinge? ----> can't tell, but I can see stressmark, don't know if the "hole" size are correct, but I can feel no friction once you unlock it from the chest plate.

Here is a pic, don't panic, it is not broken yet...

hinge1.jpg

Edited by Swoosh

Wow, that stress mark next to the screw looks scary. Does that part cops alot pressure or because there is virtualy no plastic next to the screw??

Edited by Mowe

1) Loose shoulder flaps? ---> OK on mine. (one of them did dropped during the first transformation, but never happen again when I slide them out with caution afterward.

2) Reinforced neck hinge? ----> can't tell, but I can see stressmark, don't know if the "hole" size are correct, but I can feel no friction once you unlock it from the chest plate.

Tks for the pics Swoosh, think the main fundamental flaw in the neck/fuselage design is that the screws are placed too close to the edge of the hinge which stressed/weakened the area around it. Another thing, are the mismatch grooves for the transformation part, which puts additional stress on the hinge part again. <_<

Other than that, i would rate the Yf-19 to be above that of the Vf-0A Shin, why? less problems, but certainly not no problems. :ph34r:

Guest sh002

This would have been cool if this was released with a 1/60 M+ Ghost because I don't think it will be released on its own anytime soon.

Contact DyNo in this forum.. He can help you with new parts... :lol:

I can't wait to get myFold booster and Fast Parts, they should be at my place in a week or so.

EDIT : Spelling

Edited by Lonewolf

I got mine this week and love it, no problems so far. The only stress marks are by the grey plastic under the cockpit where there isn't much plastic by the screws. The marks are very minor however and not nearly as bad as the picture shown previously. They were there when I first cracked it open so it must be a factory thing.

Guest sh002

got my fast pack and fold booster parts for the yf-19 but didn't open it since i keep everything unopened. does this come with a battery and is it inside the fold booster? hopefully not.