1/60 YF-19 Fast Packs & Fold Booster

Mechamaniac

And because you don't want to pose yours like that it means a locking mechanism isn't needed for anyone else either?

Battroid mode should be tight, and you should be able to move it around without having to push the chest back together or doing a "little work" to keep it looking like it's supposed to.

Ive never really had mine come apart. At least i dont recall it every being a problem when i play with it. Maybe Im just remembering wrong.

Im not sayign a lock is a terrible idea. But they didnt add it, and are unlikely too now, so why worry?

Ive never really had mine come apart. At least i dont recall it every being a problem when i play with it. Maybe Im just remembering wrong.

Im not sayign a lock is a terrible idea. But they didnt add it, and are unlikely too now, so why worry?

Maybe you don't handle yours very much. Are you a transform once, and pose on a shelf kind of guy? You said yourself you have no desire to pose yours the way Ruskii did, which (no offense) means you hardly count as an appropriate beta tester. The YF-19 should be designed to function in a way that it can be handled in a full range of motion. You should be able to lay it on it's stomach, on it's back, make it do a flip in the air if your heart desires, and it should stay locked together and feel solid.

Watch Graham's transformation video.

The chest pops apart with in the first minute of the video as soon as he touches the hands, arms, and shoulders, and he's holding it completely vertical. Don't get me wrong, I love Yamato's YF-19. I think it's 99% a work of genius, but the fact that there is no chest lock has driven me nuts since day one. It's a major oversight IMO. There should be one in Gerwalk too.

That might be because it's fugly!! blegh! yuk! :ph34r:

About the chest not locking; It's not that I have a problem with a non locking chest in Gerwalk or Battroid or whatever. I just find it irritating that during transformation, it'll keep falling apart because the chest doesn't click into place. I can't move on the next part of the transformation process, because I'm constantly trying to keep the chest from unfolding.

That might be because it's fugly!! blegh! yuk! :ph34r:

About the chest not locking; It's not that I have a problem with a non locking chest in Gerwalk or Battroid or whatever. I just find it irritating that during transformation, it'll keep falling apart because the chest doesn't click into place. I can't move on the next part of the transformation process, because I'm constantly trying to keep the chest from unfolding.

which is why it needs one. don't miss understand its a great figure but it would been even better with a lock.

I agree that Gerwalk mode should have chest locking. The lack of it in Battroid mode doesn't bother me at all though.

Graham

The chest unlocks as soon as you try to bend the elbow in your transformation video. I can't understand how that doesn't bother you at all.

Off topic:

(I'm starting to suspect the SV-51 doesn't have a torso lock either, which would be a shame. Not a deal breaker by any means, but I'd rather have a torso lock than not have one, that's for sure.)

Grrrr! Alpha One's G mode owns.

Gerwalk gets no love on this message board.

Well I like the armless or "semi-gerwalk" mode on the 19. the full gerwalk is not bad, but is not my favorite mode.

thanks for the nod everyone. :)

i try to have fun with my toys when i can.

Hey Gene. Cool mod dude. Wich magnets did you use exactly?

this is the place where i bought the magnets.

they sell a bunch of shapes but i used the disc ones. thin and small is the way to go.

http://www.rare-earth-magnets.com/

this is the original thread with the froppy arm mod for the 1/48..

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...t=0&start=0

speaking of the chest lock issue, i thought using magnets for this one as well but there doesn't seem to be enough room for it. but then again, i don't hold my valk upside down so it isn't really a problem. you can always use some funtac/blutac to hold it in place for those kind of poses instead of trying to make an unnessary mod.

also, i installed a magnet in the back of battroid mode so now i can holster the gunpod on the side of its back. :D

sorry no pic yet. i'll post it tomorrow.

boy, arent you a magnet freak like magneto?

haha

just kiddin. BTW, yeah, that's a nice idea. Why dont yamato just put magnets to lock the upper chest on its place...I mean like powerful magnets like the ones used by DND...

Grrrr! Alpha One's G mode owns.

Gerwalk gets no love on this message board.

Well i never said i didn't like it... far from it! I like it. I love looking at it from the backside. Looks cool.

Every single Valk out there has a decent enough Gerwalk pose...

if you find the right angle to display it in. :p VF-1's Gerwalk is king, then VF-0, then the rest.

I have forgotten what the VF-11 has for a Gerwalk, i need to watch the movie, or check out my books.

I always thought the YF-21's Gerwalk being the less sexy, and the VF-17's as the worst.

Half Gerwalk is the best for all Valks!!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Well i never said i didn't like it... far from it! I like it. I love looking at it from the backside. Looks cool.

Every single Valk out there has a decent enough Gerwalk pose...

if you find the right angle to display it in. :p VF-1's Gerwalk is king, then VF-0, then the rest.

No way.

The VF-0 alone is an improvement over the VF-1 in every mode. The VF-1 is king of nothing except for FAST packs.

My fav G mode is the SV-51, followed by the YF-19, VF-11, and the VF-0.

Gerwalk rules.

I don't like the VF-0's gerwalk over the VF-1. as my preference is the VF-1 over Zero anyways (fighter battroid and gerwalk).

That's just our different opinions of course. :p The Valkyrie is king, just unfortunate we don't get to see it in all it's glory

in CG as the Zero was. If only they redid the series somehow... like an OVA, that would rock. Seeing the VF-1 used like the

Zero was used in Macross Zero...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

The Zero looks more skeletal than the Valkyrie, in that sense I prefer it.

Designing the Zero's intakes though, so that it collides with the leading edge of the main body of the fighter was a stupid idea.

Ugh, the 19's Gerwalk is wonky, the arms over the wings thing is just silly and it never sits or looks right. I'm on the VF-1 as the winner in the Gerwalk category with the Zero right behind it. My Fold Drive 19 should be coming in this week... sounds like I'll have to take some pictures to justify my opinion <GLEE>

Roy in his VF-0S gets bonus points for using his Gerwalk to do a back flip kick ala Guile on Ivanov's SV-51...

That was pure class. And to think he dies so crappily in DYRL? and even in the series, that was slack.

Still, if he never had the Reactive Armor he would have died there and then as well when Ivanov got him. :p

Roy in his VF-0S gets bonus points for using his Gerwalk to do a back flip kick ala Guile on Ivanov's SV-51...

That was pure class. And to think he dies so crappily in DYRL? and even in the series, that was slack.

Still, if he never had the Reactive Armor he would have died there and then as well when Ivanov got him. :p

The cool thing about Roy is he's still a capable pilot when drunk!!! ala DYRL

i finally received my 5 sets of Fp for my yf19 army, i'm a little disappointed that their capabilities of attaching towards the valk is kinda weak and makes it more flimsy with the legs attaching to the arms, they tend to easily pop out. Then again it could be due to my modification of taka's shoulders. Perhaps yamato made it with the non-flushed shoulders. Well i haven't tried that yet. Anyone know again what and how many batteries i'm gonna need for this dildo? Oh and surprisingly the yf19 w/ fp combo box is the same size as the yf19 individual set.

Edited by Kicker773

Just go to your local $2 shop and get the LR44 batteries. You need 3. I got 10 batteries for $2AUD

Anyone know again what and how many batteries i'm gonna need for this dildo? Oh and surprisingly the yf19 w/ fp combo box is the same size as the yf19 individual set.