1/60 YF-19 Fast Packs & Fold Booster

Mechamaniac

Is Yamato aware of the chest locking drama Graham? Do you think they have enough time to remedy this for the 25th?

To be honest the 19 25th looks so GOOD in fighter mode, i want to display it in a glass case just like that pic we saw.

With landing gear down! That's a first for me....

I still need to fix my gear for the 1st ed 19 i have.

The only other Valk i have posed with gear down is my half FP'd VF-1A CF... It's soo boodiful.

So is the YF-19 with FP and FoldBooster a good buy? I have an IOU gift that I'm owed and am thinking of cashing in. :)

More specific, I want a YF-19. Is there a good 2nd edition sans FP/Booster with all the fixes? Or is the QC on the bundle better? Or is it the same old (revision?) of the original release?

Edited by Uxi

Went ahead and got it. Gunpod looks straight when it's on in fighter, but seems pretty chincy connector. I'd have preferred something not quite anime accurate since it seemed a PITA to get the darned thing in there and then the codpiece seems to interfere with the LOS from the weapon. Stupid anime magic.

Anyhow, not too thrilled with the FP, either and the loss of locking/stability you get in fighter mode by detaching the legs for these magnet deals. The fold booster is certainly beefy. Gotta get some batteries, of course...

Now bring on the 21!

Another thing I'd like would be a removable flap like the 1/72 had to cover the neck for fighter mode.

1) I don't like the depression from the fuselage to where the one integrated with the head is...

2) It should be black

3) I can't get that secondary little piece out from inside the head

4) it would be a lot cleaner for fighter mode display (probably part of 1).

also, back in May, Graham posted:

When the YF-19 with Fold booster set is released I've just been told it will have the following improvements.
  1. Gunpod now straight (parallel to the arms) in fighter mode.
  2. Nose locking mechanism has been redesigned to to make it easier to transform.
  3. Retractable shoulder flaps now more secure, so shouldn't fall off so easily.
  4. Some other improvement to the shoulder, which I'm not clear about. Hopefully the gap in fighter mode has been reduced, but don't quote me on that.
Graham

For that second point, was this change made? Since I bought the gift set version and still went by Graham's video... that was probably the most easily scary part of the transformation (I only resorted to the video because I was afraid of breaking the nose and had every other step done).

I saw that in Graham's review, but couldn't get it. I tried with a paper clip, too, but still couldn't. I don't think it's big enough to really affect much anyway. A separate flap by one of our modder/caster guys would make me very happy.

Went ahead and got it. Gunpod looks straight when it's on in fighter, but seems pretty chincy connector. I'd have preferred something not quite anime accurate since it seemed a PITA to get the darned thing in there and then the codpiece seems to interfere with the LOS from the weapon.

Eh? The 1/60 YF-19 was specifically designed so the codpiece would not block line of sight of the gunpod in fighter mode, unlike the older 1/72 version.

Are you remembering to fold the backpack thruster up and out of the way inside the backpack, so that the codpice can sit as high up as possible?

Graham

Yeah, the backpack thrust is up and folded. Out of the 5 or 6 full transformations I've done so far, that thing got stuck once, and I had to resort to a mixutre of finger nail and paperclip to get it out... but that's neither here nor there. It looks like it does clear, but only by a little bit. Mostly a nit pick, but the codpiece just kinda sticks out (though obviously not as bad as on the 1/72).

Just thinking about how much better I like the lines on the YF-19 with the legs and how similar it looks in fighter form to the VF-19F/S. So it appears these FAST packs were incorporated into the standard fuselage, after a fashion with the later FAST packs being true booster type deals.

Anyways, hoping we get a gray "low-viz" that either matches the current FP set or has color matched VF-19A FP. Leave the Foldildo off and price it at $199 please.

I really want to get the yf-19 with fast packs & fold booster (I really do not want the fold booster, just the Fast packs and the second pilot seat with yang). But anyway, I am hesitant because I am not sure if this is the release to get. Is this one pretty much ironed out or am I going to find problems? Should I wait until they do another scheme (not interested in the 25th aniv) or get this one even if it is not perfect? Is it safer to get one of these than a vf-0a shin or are these just as likely to have problems?

I really want to get the yf-19 with fast packs & fold booster (I really do not want the fold booster, just the Fast packs and the second pilot seat with yang). But anyway, I am hesitant because I am not sure if this is the release to get. Is this one pretty much ironed out or am I going to find problems? Should I wait until they do another scheme (not interested in the 25th aniv) or get this one even if it is not perfect? Is it safer to get one of these than a vf-0a shin or are these just as likely to have problems?

Initial reports have been good on this release -- gunpod and landing gear quirks are supposedly fixed.

Yeah, I was initially fearing the same thing but so far it's tip top. My beef with the gunpod is more of a design thing and that Yamato chose to put the arms towards the top of the legs rather than towards the middle as the Kawamori Design Works shows.

I think that the 19 is pretty much "done" from Yamato's POV. There's not much left to improve after the second release, except for the locking chest in Batt mode, but I doubt they'll change that, so I decided to order the FP bundle, but that's because I have to own at least one cannon scheme of every Valk. If you're not a cannon nazi, I'd say wait for a repaint. Graham said Yamato is interested in the orange Super Nova and a Stealth version is a sure thing, given all the model and toy customs out there and the fact that Yamato has already made a Stealth before.

Yeah I love the design. I hope the stealth / low-viz / whatever matches the shade of the Fast Packs (or gets a matching set of FP). Would be even better as a uniform colored VF-19A FP. I don't need another foldildo, though

Edited by Uxi

I may buy a second yf-19. So all the issues with the older non-fp yf-19 have been fixed up for the Foldildo edition right? (heh just making sure)

I'm tossing a coin between getting a yf-19 fp or an Ivanov SV-51..

They are both such beautiful birds.

get the sv-51 MINE IS ARRIVING TOMORROW MORNING :lol: :lol: :lol:

I may buy a second yf-19. So all the issues with the older non-fp yf-19 have been fixed up for the Foldildo edition right? (heh just making sure)

I'm tossing a coin between getting a yf-19 fp or an Ivanov SV-51..

They are both such beautiful birds.

i'd get the YF-19.

the first release 19 is okay but i'd go with the foldildo combo set, just incase you have the need to buy it later. the neck isn't any easier to break but it isn't really that hard IMO. i've TF'ed mine atleast 40 times with no problems or fears.

the SV-51 seems alright but why take a chance on it? i'd let yamato fix some of the issues people have been talking about before throwing down $200+. don't get me wrong, it looks beautiful but i'm fighting myself everyday not to buy it because of the some of the things i read here so far. i just don't see the point of bying something that has problems solely due to my being impatient.

the way i see it, if you waited this long to buy the 19, there must've been a reason(my guess is you were probably waiting for the fixed verison) so i'd buy 19 and wait for a latter/better release of the SV-51.

just my 2 cents.

I'm still happy with my 1st Edition release 19. I said before that i wanted another 19 but i won't get 1 of the same.

One is enough, wonky gunpod can be fixed, and gears are always housed. Not much stress markage at all,

and i already saw to my neck transformation thinghy by my knife and snippers and it transforms easily now.

I love the 25th anni, damn it looks so nice in battroid!

ppl want to wait for the stealth and low-vis but the gold trim makes it so awesome!

Plus it's supposed to be limited release so it makes for a more tasty purchase. I will not buy a stealth 19,

but the low-vis 19 deffinently.

I want Nora first, and seeing how there 'are' some gripes on this beautiful DD SV-51 i think i'm on track.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my YF-19 w/FD+FP from Tam at Twin Moons. :)

I love it and also want to inflict grievous bodily harm upon the factory workers in China.

It doesn't want to stay locked together in fighter mode. The chest area will not go down and lock with the left leg and wingroot. The left swivel part of the leg over the knee is annoyingly loose and it affects how well fighter mode holds together. Tightening the screw in the area does not tighten that swivel joint. :angry:

I wish there was a mechanism to lock down the chest in fighter mode better so it doesn't jut up in front.

I've got the stress marks on the gray hinge things, which got a little worse when I transformed it into battroid for the first time (talk about nerve wrecking).

No stress marks on the neck or gullet area, no stress marks on the upper arms either. The right elbow joint is really loose. :(

It took me forever to get this baby back into fighter mode because it just refused to lock back together. I think I went through every single curse I knew, and then invented more. :p I'm not going to even bother putting on the fast packs (1: because I don't care for them and 2: because I have bad feelings about fast packs since my 1J Miria's bp8 broke because of the fast packs).

And I do see what you all meant about needing a locking mechanism for the chest in gerwalk and battroid. I originally thought it wouldn't be that bad. Boy was I wrong. That's like the only part that Bandai got right. :p Speaking of which... I'm going to go pull out that Fire Valkyrie and gloat now that I have that 19 I've been dreaming of getting since 1994. :D

addition: after fiddling around with it for a long time I managed to learn how this girl is supposed to handle and managed to do transformations much smoother and easier. Although, she doesn't want to hold together easily in fighter mode. The chest still wants to pop up. I also managed to get the fast packs and fold-dildo on her. She looks nice, the YF-19. :)

Edited by Sumdumgai