1/60 YF-19 Fast Packs & Fold Booster

Mechamaniac

here's to hoping they milk the yf-19 mold and release a 1/60 vf-19a. imagine a 1/60 fire valkyrie or blazer? too bad it won't happen.

Yeah too bad, but here's how they would have sorta looked.

post-608-1186317791_thumb.jpg

at least i've received my YF-19 + booster & fast pack set :)

No problems , stress marks nore broken pieces.

I've found the LR44 batteries at my local tool store. (12€ (about 16$) for 6 LR44).

i've made a little video for the light cycle: http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=bjFfpkD9bfQ

post-61-1186343960_thumb.jpg

I hope the YF-21 will be at least as good as this one :)

Edited by isamu_dyson

Not just "parts" would need to be changed. They'd have to entirely redo the 19 to do any of the M7 19s. At least the differences between the YF-21 and VF-22 are minimal and would only require modifications rather than starting over from scratch.

I would like a non-cannon 19 paint scheme like this soviet 19, or this camo 19. I don't like the stealth scheme you can find in the magazine section of MW, but I think a different stealth scheme would be awesome (must have red nose sensor and visor).

post-1245-1186341017_thumb.jpg

post-1245-1186341147_thumb.jpg

Yup, sumdumgai is right, the M7 vf-19 designs would require new shoulders, arms, intakes, legs, wings fuselages, and heads. I think the only thing yamato could re-use would be part of the chest/body and the biceps.

Bring on the low viz repaints. I can't wait!

At least the gist of the transformation has been worked out with the 19.

But is it worth redoing to Yamato?

I guess it all depends on how cheaply/efficiently they can make new molds and how big of a market there is for M7 valks. I would personally pass on any and all of the Fire bomber valks. They're just the anti-thesis of what I like about Macross. I wouldn't mind the excalibur or even the funky vf-19p though.

Not just "parts" would need to be changed. They'd have to entirely redo the 19 to do any of the M7 19s. At least the differences between the YF-21 and VF-22 are minimal and would only require modifications rather than starting over from scratch.

I would like a non-cannon 19 paint scheme like this soviet 19, or this camo 19.

The YF-19 looks killer in camo.

I can't stand any of the Mac 7 VF-19 variants.

Me neither, the Macross 7 colours are so meh. The red & blue in an earlier post are way TOO LOUD.

:ph34r:

It's not even the colours that bother me, it's the shape changes from YF-19 to VF-19 that turn me off. The huge ankle cuffs and over sized cartoony feet make the back end of F mode too fat, and the increased triangular wedge shape of the newly designed front end only emphasize it. I hate where the vertical stabalizers are moved to. I hate the new head/face. I hate the new shoulders. I hate the new fuselage/canopy. Battroid looks like some exagerated cyber-samurai mecha from Gundam. Everything about it is worse than the YF-19 in my eyes.

The YF-19 looks like a state of the art mecha/aircraft that could potentionally exist in real life with the help of some Overtech. There's a degree of plausibility about it.

The VF-19 looks like a cartoony kids toy to me.

I do hope Yamato makes a high quality version of the VF-19 for those who are fans of the design, but I personally have absolutely no interest in it. It's one of my all-time least favorite Valks, while the YF-19 is probably my all time most favorite.

It's not even the colours that bother me, it's the shape changes from YF-19 to VF-19 that turn me off. The huge ankle cuffs and over sized cartoony feet make the back end of F mode too fat, and the increased triangular wedge shape of the newly designed front end only emphasize it. I hate where the vertical stabalizers are moved to. I hate the new head/face. I hate the new shoulders. I hate the new fuselage/canopy. Battroid looks like some exagerated cyber-samurai mecha from Gundam. Everything about it is worse than the YF-19 in my eyes.

The YF-19 looks like a state of the art mecha/aircraft that could potentionally exist in real life with the help of some Overtech. There's a degree of plausibility about it.

The VF-19 looks like a cartoony kids toy to me.

I do hope Yamato makes a high quality version of the VF-19 for those who are fans of the design, but I personally have absolutely no interest in it. It's one of my all-time least favorite Valks, while the YF-19 is probably my all time most favorite.

Come on, tell us how you feel about the VF-19 :lol::lol:

Couldn't agree more with you, but for the people that like it I hope Yamato makes it.

The only M7 mecha I want is the VF-17 and the armored VF-11C.

Come on, tell us how you feel about the VF-19 :lol::lol:

Couldn't agree more with you, but for the people that like it I hope Yamato makes it.

how can you not love the vf-5000 and the vf-22??? :blink::huh::angry::p

ACE 3 will feature both YF-19s and YF-21s for your enjoyment buddy! http://ace-game.jp/ace03/top.html

Whoa! I've never seen this game before. Which platfom is it? Is it any good? I've seen there's a Q-Rau there as well, sweet!

The VF-19 is too sentai for Macross standards (just like the whole M7 series), but I'd love to have a blue VF-19s. I love the head and the scheme is good enough for me. I can't stand Basara's tho'. looks too much like a Megazord to me with the face and the burning red scheme, UGH!

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Whoa! I've never seen this game before. Which platfom is it? Is it any good? I've seen there's a Q-Rau there as well, sweet!

The VF-19 is too sentai for Macross standards (just like the whole M7 series), but I'd love to have a blue VF-19s. I love the head and the scheme is good enough for me. I can't stand Basara's tho'. looks too much like a Megazord to me with the face and the burning red scheme, UGH!

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=22850 Here is the info we have on it. By the way it is the last of this game series according to the info. You can find the 1st 2 games on ebay or import stores. The first game by the way had a collectors edition but it is only in the last game that the Yf-19 and YF-21 show up. In A.C.E. 2 the Q-rau was in the game with Miria as the pilot from the DYRL movie version. I got the first game for 50 buck unopened collector edition on ebay and the second game new as well for 45 on ebay when they came out. Just preordered the third game for its preorder bonus from yesasia.com Good place for info on the first two games is Gamefaqs.com

Edited by Sorata

The Gerwalk mode on the 17 is a bit awkward, the the armored VF-11C is a must have. Though I'll be happy if Yamato released a Macross Plus VF-11B.

Woo! My 19 arrived last night! Such an awesome awesome plane, Im glad to have this one! They definitely fixed the wheel splay out and the crooked gunpod, which is awesome. Mine has no stressmarks or marks of any kind, so I am very happy! Bought batteries this morning to try the fold when i get home! :D

Heres a question though: What do the FAST Packs actually do? I mean i guess there are missle packs in the legs, but what the hell do those shoulder things do? Are they Fuel packs or something?Ammo? Shields?

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=22850 Here is the info we have on it. By the way it is the last of this game series according to the info. You can find the 1st 2 games on ebay or import stores. The first game by the way had a collectors edition but it is only in the last game that the Yf-19 and YF-21 show up. In A.C.E. 2 the Q-rau was in the game with Miria as the pilot from the DYRL movie version. I got the first game for 50 buck unopened collector edition on ebay and the second game new as well for 45 on ebay when they came out. Just preordered the third game for its preorder bonus from yesasia.com Good place for info on the first two games is Gamefaqs.com

Ah, thanks for the heads up Sorata. I have to check the games section more often. Are the previous releases fun to play, or is it frustgrating like Battlecry?

Back on topic (sort of), I'd like a 17 too, with the sensor dish and fold booster. And yes, more angular should be the way to go on this one, I ended up selling my Bandai due to it's chunkiness and lack of detail. That toy definitely needs the 1/60 "High End" treatment. And lots of color variants!

I don't like the stealth scheme you can find in the magazine section of MW, but I think a different stealth scheme would be awesome (must have red nose sensor and visor).

I don't know about a "stealth scheme," but I do like dark colors on the -19. This work-in-progress has been parked for some time in the variable fighter junkyard that is my table:187350.jpg