1/60 YF-19 Fast Packs & Fold Booster

Mechamaniac

I did address the issue of why coin cell are usually provided whereas normal AAA or AA batteries are not - because coin cells don't leak like the normal ones do. The Ideon utilizes no AAA batteries.

my bad, I was just going off of what was on hlj.com and betatoys.com. I guess that means there's only 844 items on HLJ that require batteries.

However, you're still ignoring the fact that both bandai and takara are selling toys, that require button batteries, but are without.

Again, Kensei, if what you said is true of your YF19s, great for you. No need to try so hard to convince me because I have them as well. It's a known fact that all Yamato VF toys transforms floppily and certain parts (like the YF19 wing roots) become loose. If you can contend with having to tighten them everytime, then don't let my rant (because I don't like to tighten my toys time and time again) spoil it for you.

That's the thing, again read. I don't have to tighten them every time. I never had to. Are you just brushing off my comments as an isolated case cause it doesn't support the argument, and discard the fact that it is possible, not only by me (through repeated numbers) but by others as well? Would the fact that Yamato never made a change to the transformation mechanism cause there was nothing wrong with it in the first place and served to securely hold the neck together in fighter mode? Are you also discounting the fact that ALL toys get looser with repeated movement, and really try to nail it on this toy simply cause its made by Yamato?

'

With the battery issue, it doesn't matter if they have a insulator, the battery isn't fresh, and in temperate climates like China, which most often is above 16 degrees celcius, batteries will experience a trickle discharge and lose some power over time. With the transportation and storage that a battery goes through in a toy from overseas, I'd rather get a set from a high turnover store locally than wind up with half spent batteries.

Edited by kensei

Again, Kensei, if what you said is true of your YF19s, great for you. No need to try so hard to convince me because I have them as well. It's a known fact that all Yamato VF toys transforms floppily and certain parts (like the YF19 wing roots) become loose. If you can contend with having to tighten them everytime, then don't let my rant (because I don't like to tighten my toys time and time again) spoil it for you.

that's a nice double standard you have going. Everything negative that happens to your (or to other people's) yamato toys applies universally, and we're all idiots for not noticing. But when people report things that contradict your rants, you claim it's specific only to them. Nice, that's an interesting world view you have there.

Finally got around to opening and attaching my fp set from HLJ.

Pros:

a) Looks nice. More aggressive.

b) Yang rocks.

Cons:

a) For a $40 plastic add on set batteries should have been included.

b) Alpha One doesn't peg together as well in fighter mode as when it's not using the FP.

c) Fold booster does not stay on when I attempt a loop de looop.

With con B, I think he does if you extend the length of the leg one notch. The only thing I found that doesn't stick well is the fold booster, which is certainly a display piece.

With con B, I think he does if you extend the length of the leg one notch. The only thing I found that doesn't stick well is the fold booster, which is certainly a display piece.

It sticks together well enough until I do the shake test ala Grahams VF-1 video. Then it falls apart. Surprisingly the leg armor stays on just fine.

Re: Batteries not included.

Should Yamato have included the batteries with their FB/FP and FB/FP/YF-19 sets? Given the asking price for these pieces... yes, they should have.

Does is really matter? No, they are just batteries that can be cheaply purchased anywhere.

Is the b!tch!ng about this oversight justified? Not unless you're on the prowl to find things to complain about.

Can someone tell me if the yf-19/fold pack set sticks together better than the yf-19 and fold pack bought seperately? I am just curious, cause I too bought the yf-19 first. I am kinda disappointed in how un cosmetic the FAST packs make the 19 look in fighter mode, especially from a top down view. I was wonderig the the 19 with the fold and fast included looked a lil better.

Damn! Got mine today! (only standalone Fold+FP) And it rocks!

Although a little flimsy getting the legs and arm to snap together tightly (with the FPs)

it's a beautiful piece of work, the Leg FP's make my 19 look more kick ass.

I will take some pics later, tonight i will light her up with no lights on and see how she stands out. :D

Yang is cool as, the Fold itself is nicely crafted, i have already tried placing it on the VF-0 and poor little VT-1. :lol:

Shishigami in reply to you wanting to know about wether it connects better to the improved 2nd edition 19 or

the 1st Edition, i can't say, and i also can't imagine it being any more different in terms of holding better.

My Fold is loose to sit on the back of the 19, but it's not so bad, i won't be doing any barrel rolls with this on.

It's kind of nice, being easy to take off, so i don't have to move my 19 off it's display stand and easy switch off.

Oh one bummer though, the mad pose i had going was too dependent on normal weight, with the Fold it was going to fall. lol

So i made her more horizontal.

Now bring on the YF-21 Plus Fold and FP!!!!! Or just the connector pieces for the Fold, although a second Fold i'd buy.

Kensei, i got done, i bought my batteries from a Kodak shop for 3 bucks something each! <_> But no where else had them..

Well there was the ones at the Jewellers, but they were around 7 - 8 bucks! For watches they say.. pfft!

I think mine might last longer than yours though, those were cheap!

Unfortunately i am (now that i figured out how much batteries cost) not happy that i had to shell out for batteries.

Sorry, Yamato should have supplied them. The ONLY let down from buying the pack.

On a brighter note, the box is way small! Refreshing after the last VF0aShin+Ghost box i bought. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

lol it's about 40 cms i think :p maybe less

And no it's not a "flawless release" It don't got batteries! "awww nice try Yamato" (pats Yamato's back for trying) :lol:

Yeah no problems QC wise... unless the back part of the Fold is supposed to light up... it's not supposed to ... is it? =o

Only the front, and middle part of the Fold has LED light up right? :lol: (starts to worry)

It doesn't look like it should anyways, i can't remember the FOLD light up video Yamato released on their site...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

lol it's about 40 cms i think :p maybe less

Don't feel bad, it's not the size that matter's, it's what you do with it that counts. :p

Jokes aside, ca. 40 cm's sound like the same size as the box the used for the stand alone Ghost, which is reasonably compact.

I was pleasantly surpized to find that the box for the YF-19/ FB combo was just a standard 1/48 size box instead of an XL size VF-0A/Ghost combo size.

I think they just dropped the height of the original plastic tray so that the belly is closer to the bottom of the box, then they put the fold booster on top.

I finally got the fast packs and fold booster for my YF-19. I'm pretty impressed with the overall design of it that I took it along on my mountain hiking trip for some pics for my site.The picture below I just basically air brushed out the stand and managed to get some good light. Although it may be the last time I bring it with me since it nearly fell 2500 feet. :(

856886356_2e683dc57a.jpg