Battlestar Galactica Discussion

Spoiler Alert:

So... Hybrid tells whatsername that Starbuck is (verbatim) the end of mankind and the harbinger of the apolcalypse. (note: contrary to what many think "apocalpyse" is NOT the end of the world but, basically, the transition into a new one.

So... do the other Cylons know this, either the original skinjobs or the final five.

And... I really didn't want this to be so, but maybe Will Adama IS a cylon. At the end when he's talking to Apollo about the countering his order to nuke the hybrid with the whole team still on board, Admiral Adama says something along the lines of "We each did what we had to do to complete our missions."

MISSIONS. Plural. Could it be that Daddy Adama is a cylon and they know that Kara will facilitate the end of humanity, so he had to protect her from Lee's impulsive decision to nuke her before she fulfills some prophesy the Cylons think that she is destined for?

Hmmm...

Spoiler Alert:

So... Hybrid tells whatsername that Starbuck is (verbatim) the end of mankind and the harbinger of the apolcalypse. (note: contrary to what many think "apocalpyse" is NOT the end of the world but, basically, the transition into a new one.

So... do the other Cylons know this, either the original skinjobs or the final five.

And... I really didn't want this to be so, but maybe Will Adama IS a cylon. At the end when he's talking to Apollo about the countering his order to nuke the hybrid with the whole team still on board, Admiral Adama says something along the lines of "We each did what we had to do to complete our missions."

MISSIONS. Plural. Could it be that Daddy Adama is a cylon and they know that Kara will facilitate the end of humanity, so he had to protect her from Lee's impulsive decision to nuke her before she fulfills some prophesy the Cylons think that she is destined for?

Hmmm...

From what I've always heard, apocalpytica or something like that is a greek style of figurative writing, of which Revelation is the most famous, and it's a favorite of the BSG writers too as you can see. Where people have taken it is their own thing

An I think that 3rd pharagraph should be dropped already. I mean jeez doesn't this episode put the final nail in the coffin given what was shown? Those things were only beginning but enough work was done to make the Cylons happy.

Ok on Caine. I think they were trying to paint her as a good-intentioned person, but really hated to lose. I mean she never backed down from what was a bad idea, even when it was obvious to her, and she'd kill anyone who didn't believe in it. I think they needed to show more to make it work, but that's what I think they were at least aiming for.

The Cylons know that Kara has a special destiny. In season 1 the Cylon they blew out of the airlock mentioned so. He later reiterates the same point during the occupation by attempting to have Kara raise the child they lied about being a hybrid. The cylons obviously think highly of her. Kara was also the one that put the fleet on the original path to earth by retrieving the Spear/arrow of Athena.

I may be reading too much into this but, I thought it was interesting that when young Adama put his hand in the Hybrid Goo, He seemed to recall emotions or thoughts of had had transpired in the prison. I don't think that it suggest he is a Cylon, but that the liquid helps to transfer memories to the newly downloaded bodies of the cylons.

Yeah Cain turned into Ahab in a NY minute.

Edited by Golden Arms

Best commercial on t.v. yet:

"YES, IT HAS BEEN REVEALED: GINA AND ADMIRAL CAIN ARE LOVERS...BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, BROUGHT TO YOU BY QUIZNOS. MM-MM-MM-MMMM...TOASTY!"

What the f**k is that?! :lol:

An I think that 3rd pharagraph should be dropped already. I mean jeez doesn't this episode put the final nail in the coffin given what was shown? Those things were only beginning but enough work was done to make the Cylons happy.

Well, WES, here's the thing: I have always thought it was complete idiocy when people yelled out "Adama's a cylon, Adama's a cylon," and thought that their rationale was weak, at best. But after seeing Razor, I wouldn't be surprised if that is a direction they go in (although I really, really hope not). Regretfully, it does the opposite of putting the final nail in the coffin, but opens the coffin up a bit more. It would be best if it is misdirection but there IS something there when Will Adama says that.

I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at with the last sentence but I'm thinking you mean work on the skinjobs. But there is still a very big hole where the explanation of the history of the Final Five should be. Its entirely possible that they existed even before man created the "toaster" cylons, and if Adama is one of them (once again, God forbid), it would play into the whole Final Five mythos they've been setting up.

Best commercial on t.v. yet:

"YES, IT HAS BEEN REVEALED: GINA AND ADMIRAL CAIN ARE LOVERS...BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, BROUGHT TO YOU BY QUIZNOS. MM-MM-MM-MMMM...TOASTY!"

What the f**k is that?! :lol:

Haha! Yeah, a large group of my friends got together on Saturday to watch the movie, and after that ridiculous spot, we all kept breaking silence throughout the rest of the broadcast with random jokes:

"IT WAS JUST IMPLIED THAT GINA WAS JUST RAPED AND TORTURED...DON'T YOU WANT SOME ROAST BEEF SUBS? MM-MM-MMMM TOASTY!"

"APOLLO ALMOST BLEW UP STARBUCK, WHO HE LATER ENGAGES IN SEXUAL INTERCOURSE WITH...BROUGHT TO YOU BY QUIZNOS!" etc.

Eh, maybe you had to be there... :lol:

Well, WES, here's the thing: I have always thought it was complete idiocy when people yelled out "Adama's a cylon, Adama's a cylon," and thought that their rationale was weak, at best. But after seeing Razor, I wouldn't be surprised if that is a direction they go in (although I really, really hope not). Regretfully, it does the opposite of putting the final nail in the coffin, but opens the coffin up a bit more. It would be best if it is misdirection but there IS something there when Will Adama says that.

I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at with the last sentence but I'm thinking you mean work on the skinjobs. But there is still a very big hole where the explanation of the history of the Final Five should be. Its entirely possible that they existed even before man created the "toaster" cylons, and if Adama is one of them (once again, God forbid), it would play into the whole Final Five mythos they've been setting up.

From what i recall this has been discussed right after the season 3 final

and Ron Moore came out and stated

that Adama and Rosalin are not cylons to end any speculation

Well, just because Moore said they weren't Cylons doesn't mean that they aren't in fact Cylons. With the end of the series approaching, it would've been a real mood killer if he had said "Yes, it's true, Adama and Roslyn are in fact Cylons." "Enjoy the rest of the season!"

Then somone give Hellsing a call and tell'em we got a vampire they need to drop. End it once and for all. :lol:

Yeah you got my point right, because of the previous OMG SPOILERS stuff I didn't know if it was cool to just be direct, but some of that stuff I think is overused. I wonder if even Moore really knew what he was doing with the 'Final Five' especially when calling them that. Seeing as that should mean they were the last ones made. Last one's revealed is kinda retarded, and they'd be 1-5 if they were the first right? I just really don't know where he's going with it though. If they really are 'aliens' or what not he kept it good and hidden from Osmos or we know he wouldn't be doing this show still. Although they have those comercials with Tigh pointing a gun at him so maybe... It could also be that they were an advanced cyborg-race that the Kobol-humans made then they rebeled and that's why they left for the colonies, then when the tin-can cylons rebeled they showed up and help them.

I liked it. (The fanboy in me got a big smile during the three Centurions/"By your command" bit. :D )

Yeah, we knew and had heard most of Pegasus' backstory. But it was still cool to see that backstory play out and unfold before us.

Wonder how the whole apocolypse deal will pan out. My guess now is that it will probably mean the end of the cycle, the end to the whole "all of this has happened before and will happen again" stuff.

......And the next time I think of lesbians and overstating the obvious, I'm gonna think QUIZNOS!!! (And I thought Sci-Fi and/or their sponsors couldn't do something dumber than those stupid survey craps from last season. :rolleyes: ).

Why didn't they just do some witty spot with Grace Park, Tricia Helfer, and/or some of the other Cylon babes and have 'em say the phrase, "Mmmm.........toasty" with a sexy wink and a bit of smirk?

I wonder if even Moore really knew what he was doing with the 'Final Five' especially when calling them that. Seeing as that should mean they were the last ones made. Last one's revealed is kinda retarded, and they'd be 1-5 if they were the first right? I just really don't know where he's going with it though.

Plus isn't one of the significant 7's number like 8 or something....I can't remember What model is what number. If so then it really doesn't make sence because then the numbering of the 7 and the 5 are mixed.

Chris

Yeah, I always wondered about that one. Especially since the final five are older as well, or does my memory fail me?

Something I wondered about while watching Razor, and not sure it's been touched on before in the series, but the hybrid in that episode was pretty aged. Is aging something the initial five can do?

Something I wondered about while watching Razor, and not sure it's been touched on before in the series, but the hybrid in that episode was pretty aged. Is aging something the initial five can do?

One theory floating around is that there is some type of genetic cursor that goes from parent to child which is actually the "final five". Hence, they're humans with a marker that gets tripped at a certain point in time.

That's an interesting idea. So there wouldn't always be a Tigh looking individual just a code. The cylons would detect the program, per say, not regonize the physical appearance of the being. Cool idea.

Chris

Lol. I still can't get over those stupid-crazy commercials.

Yes, it's been revealed: Helo banged Boomer really good and knocked her up even better...Battlestar Galactica, brought to you by Quiznos-Mm-Mm-Mm-MMMmmm...Boomer! I mean tasty!

:lol:

Agreed. Any idea what the 'unrated' material is? Does it involve Gina and Cain? Is it presented by Quiznos? Mmm MMM Toasty Quiznos?

The unrated adds a few graphic scenes - the aftermath of the Pegasus XO's death, little more human experimenting in Adama's flashback. Adds a fair number of scenes - Shaw before she came to Pegasus, a Baltar-Six scene, little more of Roslin, more of the Adama flashbacks (from the whole battle to the ship lifting off), Cain's little backstory, and a whole monologue from the Hybrid. I put the whole monologue in spoliers just to be safe:

"At last, they've come for me. I feel their lives, their destinies spilling out before me. The denial of the one true path, played out on a world not their own, will end soon enough.

Soon there will be four, glorious in awakening. Struggling with the knowledge of their true selves. The pain of revelation bringing new clarity. And in the midst of confusion, he will find her, enemies brought together by impossible longing, enemies now joined as one. The way forward at once unthinkable, yet inevitable. And the fifth, still in shadow, will claw toward the light, hungering for redemption that will only come in the howl of terrible suffering.

I can see them all. The seven, now six self-described machines who believe themselves without sin. But in time, it is sin that will consume them. They will know enmity, bitterness, the wrenching agony of the one splintering into many. And then they will join the promised land gathered on the wings of an angel. Not an end, but a beginning."

Let the dissection commence!

Overall, it's a good dvd buy. You get both the broadcast and extended cuts, commentary by RDM and Michael Taylor (writer), 3 deleted scenes, 2 featurettes; The look of Galactica and the cast's favorite episodes. Interviews about S4, and the S4 promo we've already seen.

Like uminoken, I saw it early. While a good deal is just an extended version of Adama's flashback, some quick gore, and a slight, but awesome extension of the opening attack (the shot of a Battlestar doubling over itself was quite awesome), the added Cain stuff really helped drive home her personality a bit more. The hybred's exposition does raise some questions to ponder.

I kinda' wished I hadn't seen Razor on t.v. Now I feel like I'm just watching the dvd for the sake of the extra footage...

finally got around to watching the DVD, I didn't watch the tv version so i don't know what was missing... it was pretty good. It was nice seeing everyone before new caprica broke them.

I'm really curious to see what the hybrid meant, was he just screwing with the XO> I kept expecting the last shot would be her waking up in one of those vats as a cylon.

Is anyone having problems with the DVD?

When I tried playing it in my macbook, the thing skips the Young Helena scene seamlessly, almost like if it was the broadcast version unless I actually scan for it and start playing from the middle of the scene. At first I thought they had the two versions, broadcast and extended, in the DVD but there isn't any option like that on the menu, and it plays the entire extended Young Adama sequence perfectly. Parental control is totally disabled, and there are no other angle options enabled either.

Is anyone having problems with the DVD?

When I tried playing it in my macbook, the thing skips the Young Helena scene seamlessly, almost like if it was the broadcast version unless I actually scan for it and start playing from the middle of the scene. At first I thought they had the two versions, broadcast and extended, in the DVD but there isn't any option like that on the menu, and it plays the entire extended Young Adama sequence perfectly. Parental control is totally disabled, and there are no other angle options enabled either.

I had stuttering as well on some scenes, like during the cylon attack on the pegasus at dock, it would stop a beat and audio would cut out.

Even I almost got the feeling that she's the last one.

Spoilers in case nobody wants to know anything:

Except that in one of the interviews with Eick,

they said they knew who the final fiver was near the end of season one. Although, without that knowledge, I would have immediately pegged Kendra for the final five-er, what with the static on the radio and the "clawing for forgivness" prophecy. Now though, my bet's on Ellen Tigh.