Macross Mecha Manual

Mr March

Thanks for the kind words fellas. I'm glad you all love the site.

Speaking of the fans, I was recently contacted by my first Japanese fan. His name is Hiromo and he operates a fan blog, which has recently featured my website. The blog is all Japanese of course, but for those fans who are interested, go take a peek at his corner of the internet. He has some fantastic custom models of the Macross ships. Very good stuff.

Hiromo's Blog

Great to see fans enjoying the site from around the world.

Speaking of the fans, I was recently contacted by my first Japanese fan. His name is Hiromo and he operates a fan blog, which has recently featured my website. The blog is all Japanese of course, but for those fans who are interested, go take a peek at his corner of the internet. He has some fantastic custom models of the Macross ships. Very good stuff.

Hiromo's Blog

That's very cool!

And I'd like to add my voices to those praising your work, Mr. March. Whenever I have a mecha question, it's the first place I go...and the pics are awesome.

When it comes to referencing mecha in Macross, The Macross Mecha Manual is the first place I go for pics and diagrams. It's also first place I go for usage information, as the Compendium is lacking in that area.

When it comes to referencing mecha in Macross, The Macross Mecha Manual is the first place I go for pics and diagrams. It's also first place I go for usage information, as the Compendium is lacking in that area.

*Nods*

Indeed.

Hey March when are gonna give the RVF-171 some love?

Yeah I know it's just a VF-171 packed with a radome but it is the first Valkyrie we saw in Frontier.

Sumdumgai and Chief Guld Goa Bowman

Thanks fellas. I'm happy the site works well as a reference.

RedWolf

I was hoping some good shots from a magazine or book would become available so I didn't have to use in-show screen shots. But I'll put something together for it using screen shots.

sucker4meltrans

I'm not sure why. They may be cyborgs or full machines, but they are definitely more character than mecha. Including them would require entries for other cyborgs like Britai, Exedol or Bodolzaa (thinking DYRL here) and I don't think that really works for the mandate of the site.

Hiromo's Blog

Hey I noticed your japanese fan made the Uraga model I was swooning about in another thread, could you maybe ask him if he is still selling those models?

If he can understand your website I guess he does understand some english.

September 23, 2008

Minor Update

In an attempt to prepare for the 25th and final episode of Macross Frontier, this minor update features all the material available for that section. This minor update features only 4 new profiles. Please enjoy the small update and the conclusion of the latest Macross series.

Macross Frontier Section

RVF-171EX

VF-171EX

VF-171EX Super

Macross Zero Section

Destroid Cheyenne

Additions/Corrections

Added a front page link to the new Macross Mecha Master List Page.

Added the Macross Chronicle to the Books Page.

Added Macross Timeline to the For Fans Only section

Revised the ALL VF-25 entries with new statistics

Revised the VF-27 entry with new statistics

Revised the Valhalla III entry with new description and updated statistics.

Line Art Added to Macross Class SDF-1 (Cruiser mode profile)

Line Art Added to New Macross Class (Carrier mode profile)

Line Art Added to VF-1J Valkyrie (Battroid Stylized)

Line Art Added to VF-1J Max (Battroid Stylized)

Line Art Added to VF-1J Milia (Battroid Stylized)

Line Art Added to VF-171 (fighter ventral, battroid rear, GERWALK rear)

Line Art Added to New Macross Class Colonization Ship (Macross Frontier/25)

Line Art Added to ALL VF-25 pages (Knife)

Line Art Added to Macross Galaxy bridge

Line Art Update VF-1J GERWALK and Fighter (Color)

Line Art Update VF-1J Max and VF-1J Milia Battroid, GERWALK and Fighter (Color)

Line Art Update Vajra Warship (Color)

The VF-0 two seater variant VF-0D isn't there yet though.

The VF-0S is Focker's special leader VF while the VF-0A is their cannon fodder but the VF-0D doesn't have the same variable wing configuration as the other two. Instead it has a canard wing configuration.

Edited by RedWolf

Good idea. Change made and page updated. Make sure to hit refresh when revisiting.

Fantastic stuff, thanks for the updates, just in time. The VF-171EX Super is chunky as all hell but still a nice looking machine.

Taksraven

I hope everyone is enjoying the Master List of Macross Mecha, since it was such a widely requested feature :)

Sulendil Ang

Well, thank the Macross Chronicle. They finally had some Macross Zero artwork inside. And it's about damn time some of it was published :)

Dante74

LOL! I never even noticed. How bizarre :)

RedWolf

The Macross Zero section is limited by what has been published. Without fan magazines (to which I don't have access) the only line art available for Macross Zero is very limited. I'm hoping the Macross Chronicle will eventually solve all those problems.

Chief Guld Goa Bowman

Good point. It would just be a duplicate entry anyway, but good point. I don't have any line art for the green fellow, but I could try fudging it like the VF-27. Won't look very good though :)

Ignacio Ocamica

Thank you. I rushed it out without a lot of material just to make the finishing episode of Frontier. Thought it would help fans for the finale.

Taksraven

I like the poses for the VF-171EX better than the current batch of shots we have for the VF-171, especially the battroid mode.

I wonder how Battle Galaxy loos like in Cruiser mode.

The only real difference I could see between Frontier and Galaxy, except the colour of course, is in the head and shoulders.

Galaxy has two gigantic rail cannons ala SDF-1 for shoulders while Frontiers are more like Battle 7's.

Cruiser mode of both ships should look pretty much the same, except that Galaxy has larger frontal armament and a weird looking bridge on it.

The only real difference I could see between Frontier and Galaxy, except the colour of course, is in the head and shoulders.

Galaxy has two gigantic rail cannons ala SDF-1 for shoulders while Frontiers are more like Battle 7's.

Cruiser mode of both ships should look pretty much the same, except that Galaxy has larger frontal armament and a weird looking bridge on it.

Hmmm...and the Galaxy looks like it has articulated fingers too, compared to Battle Frontier and MQuarter. To me it looked like an oversized VF-27

Hmmm...and the Galaxy looks like it has articulated fingers too, compared to Battle Frontier and MQuarter. To me it looked like an oversized VF-27

All NMC carriers have hands with articulated fingers, Battle Frontier included. I seem to recall that Quarter has a hand too in the arm with the flight deck, it uses to support its main cannon when firing.

Maybe this has been discussed elsewhere, but doesn't one of the vessels located at the rear of the Macross 11 fleet look like a Three-Star class ship?

Believe you're right about that. Also, Macross 11 kind of looks like a predecessor to the island cluster class of colonization vessels. :blink: Is it me or is the Three-Star connected to the City block like an island as well? Scale seems to be comparable to Macross 7, so it's a lot smaller than Frontier. Also wondering what those the blue spires are...