Macross Mecha Manual

Mr March

OMG !!

Real beautiful artworks Roy Focker!!

Thanks!

Is it possible to see more mecha, chara pics (or all pages!) ? ( pages behind QF-3T where we can guess destroid monster and spartan...)..

Do you have links or references games which they come from...(to compare with MW base)?

Thanks.

akim.

Some scans from Macross Chronicle 9.

Thanks, but be careful not to post too many of those right now. The book is still in print and I'm sure we all would like to see more Macross productions.

Don't wanna dilute BigWest's profits.... B))

Thanks, but be careful not to post too many of those right now. The book is still in print and I'm sure we all would like to see more Macross productions.

Don't wanna dilute BigWest's profits.... B))

Some of us still want Macross publications ya know. B))

Some scans from Macross Chronicle 9.

Macross

1,220 meters? Wait is that the SDF-1 Macross or just a Macross class?

Megaroad

The SDF-2 was 1,620 meters. So the Megaroad modified is 1,600 meters?

I thought the Megaroad was bigger than a Nupetiet-Vergnitzs based on the Macross 2012 Flashback.

New Macross Class

I'm not sure if the images are to scale but the Macross Class has more bulk than the New Macross Class battle sections.

Perhaps March's estimates of them in Attacker mode isn't far off.

macross-scalecomparison.gif

That is disappointing that they apply the SDF-2 length of 1,600 meters to what is clearly the Megaroad-01 silhouette. And as RedWolf has stated, the Megaroad is even larger than the Nupetiet-Vergnitzs Fleet Command Battleship (which is 4,000 meters itself).

I think I've actually noted a disturbing trend with the Chronicle to apply really bizarre numbers to some of the ships. The Factory Satellite is given some 500 kilometer figure for it's size (still haven't had it translated, so I don't know what it means). But the 3,000 kilometer figure has been around forever and it certainly makes sense that the Zentradi would need some kind of extremely large factory to build something like Bodolzaa's Fulbtzs-Berrentzs Fleet Flagship (which is 1,400 km tall). I can't really complain, since I like the Chronicle, but these are some rather unfortunate errors/alterations.

Macross

1,220 meters? Wait is that the SDF-1 Macross or just a Macross class?

Megaroad

The SDF-2 was 1,620 meters. So the Megaroad modified is 1,600 meters?

I thought the Megaroad was bigger than a Nupetiet-Vergnitzs based on the Macross 2012 Flashback.

well, the size comparison between the Nupetiet-Vergnitzs and the megaroad comes mostly from a scene in the animation where both ships are shown in profile, but it's possible that the Megaroad looks bigger do to perspective.

megaroad01-aft.gif

there's this pic, but I'm not sure if they're actually drawn to the same scale, or if these two images were actually originally together. they may have been put together latter.

one thing to think about though. if you look at the back part of the megaroad, you'll notice there's what apears to be a heavily modified ARMD integrated into the side of the ship at the base of the outboard engine Nacelles. on that part you can clearly make out the two big circles that are on the flight deck of the ARMD, and if you use them for scale then the whole ship works out to be about 1500 to 1700 meters in length. so at least they're not pulling the 1,600 meter length out of nowhere.

And N stands for?

Super Dimensional Fortress Number-01

Super Dimensional Fortress Number-02, and so on :huh:

BTW, Mr.March, do you have any lineart for VA-14 which became the base for Varauta Az-130 Panzerzorene?

I want to add the Varauta VF line for the VF development chart, I already have the VAB bomber and the VF-14.

As I understand it, the VA-14 has never had any line art created nor assigned to it. Some have suggested applying the VF-14 Vampire (M7PLUS Version) to the VA-14 designation, but I don't want to do that. I prefer to feature both versions of the VF-14 for reference (differentiating them by designation as either in the M7 anime or the M3 video game) and the VA-14 will remain without any line art.

As I understand it, the VA-14 has never had any line art created nor assigned to it. Some have suggested applying the VF-14 Vampire (M7PLUS Version) to the VA-14 designation, but I don't want to do that. I prefer to feature both versions of the VF-14 for reference (differentiating them by designation as either in the M7 anime or the M3 video game) and the VA-14 will remain without any line art.

Thanks for the info, I think I better use VF-14 line art silhouette for the VA-14 then, just like how I depict the VF-3 and VF-5.

Incidentally, we finally got some clarification on WTF we should call the WTF-1. Accodring to the Chronicle, the Macross Class ships (like the Global) are classified SDFN.

So the Global would most likely be the SDFN-04.

Well, that's very interesting. I guess the "SDF" acronym is back.

SDFN. Hmmm, SDF "New"? SDF "Navy"? SDF "Nincompoop"? :)

The designation is interesting considering that there could be at least 3 more Macross Class ships at active service.

Starting with SDFN-01 and so on.

The Megaroad class gets to keep the SDF designation.

Yeah that's a tough one. It could be both "New" and "Navy", however previous naming conventions lean me toward "New" as in New generation of Macross Class SDFs.

The original was a rebuild, not a scratch built ship...

The Megaroad class gets to keep the SDF designation.

I'm still not convinced on that. I suspect the SDF designation refers to an SDFN escourt warship and the Megaroad is the designation of the colony vessel or the collection of the two. Much like Macross 7 included the NMC 7 and the City 7.

Hopefully Chronicle will finally put that question to rest...

New is usually placed first. As in 新マクロス級 (New Macross Class) or 新統合軍 (New UN Armed Forces).

I've glanced at the text in question, and there is no further info on what the N stands for.

New is usually placed first. As in 新マクロス級 (New Macross Class) or 新統合軍 (New UN Armed Forces).

I've glanced at the text in question, and there is no further info on what the N stands for.

Hmmm, well that tosses out that theory.... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the clarification sketchley

One thing that came to mind is the "N" could possibly stand for "Neo" as in the Super Dimension Fortress Neo (aka New or newborn). Nu would have used the Greek letter as seen in the NUNS insignia.

BTW, neo is a prefix, not a suffix...

Yeah I know, I couldn't find any suffix support for it, but I tossed it out there as a stretch...

:p

I still think it stands for "New" however, I suspect it was tacked on as a suffix to maintain the recognizable designation of SDF. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it until otherwise corrected by official media... ;)

Edited by Zinjo

well, the size comparison between the Nupetiet-Vergnitzs and the megaroad comes mostly from a scene in the animation where both ships are shown in profile, but it's possible that the Megaroad looks bigger do to perspective.

megaroad01-aft.gif

there's this pic, but I'm not sure if they're actually drawn to the same scale, or if these two images were actually originally together. they may have been put together latter.

one thing to think about though. if you look at the back part of the megaroad, you'll notice there's what apears to be a heavily modified ARMD integrated into the side of the ship at the base of the outboard engine Nacelles. on that part you can clearly make out the two big circles that are on the flight deck of the ARMD, and if you use them for scale then the whole ship works out to be about 1500 to 1700 meters in length. so at least they're not pulling the 1,600 meter length out of nowhere.

I really doubt that they were drawn to the same scale. I think its a perspective thing.

Taksraven

The Megaroad-01 was never given any official length, so the 5,000 meter figure is simply fan conjecture based on the best available scale evidence at the time. If the 1,600 meter figure is correct, it is kinda unfortunate that one piece of line art has lead us to suspect a much larger size for so long. But I guess there's no use complaining about a lack of information now. :)

The new 1,600 meter figure provided in the Macross Chronicle is without any precedent, BUT it does make some sense since the SDF-02 was originally designed to be 1,620 meters long and the Megaroad-01 was built from the unfinished hull of the SDF-2 project. Ultimately, I'd say we go with the Chronicle figure if for no other reason than it's the only official size that's ever been given to us.

Edited by Mr March

Just a quick "thank you" for all the efort on the webpage! I used it to figure out that a VF-1 in battloid and a destroid tomahawk are nearly the same height! I blew $105 on that information to purchase two Yamato 1/200 variable sets :lol: - MT