Macross Mecha Manual

Mr March

Dulfim is one sexy ship, I really want a Frontier Lineart book.

Looking at the Dulfim lineart from Tochiro's photos, it looks like it have two large cannon in the central body and possibly several landing strip on the side of the ship.

All it needs is a stronger deck that does not buckle so easily. ;)

Taksraven

I suspect the Galaxy City ship survived.

"IF" Mao was aboard the Galaxy City then she was in contact with Grace at the end of episode 13 (I think that was the episode). If not then she probably went down with the Battle Galaxy when the Battle Frontier hit it with it's Daedalus punch.

Where Mao ultimately was, would provide our best guess as to if the Galaxy City actually survived the Vajra attack.

I suspect the Galaxy City did and the attack was staged to draw the Vajra attention to the Frontier fleet. After seeing Battle Galaxy in ep 25 it made sense why we never saw it in episode 7. It simply wasn't there for the broadcast to Frontier.

With the ship still around it keeps another enigma for the fans to speculate about, which is something Kawamori seems to enjoy when doing a Macross story.

As for the Dulfim, I suspect it's the same ship that was docked with Island 1. However it really is difficult to be sure that the Galaxy fleet only had 1.

I suspect the Galaxy City ship survived.

"IF" Mao was aboard the Galaxy City then she was in contact with Grace at the end of episode 13 (I think that was the episode). If not then she probably went down with the Battle Galaxy when the Battle Frontier hit it with it's Daedalus punch.

Where Mao ultimately was, would provide our best guess as to if the Galaxy City actually survived the Vajra attack.

I suspect the Galaxy City did and the attack was staged to draw the Vajra attention to the Frontier fleet. After seeing Battle Galaxy in ep 25 it made sense why we never saw it in episode 7. It simply wasn't there for the broadcast to Frontier.

With the ship still around it keeps another enigma for the fans to speculate about, which is something Kawamori seems to enjoy when doing a Macross story.

As for the Dulfim, I suspect it's the same ship that was docked with Island 1. However it really is difficult to be sure that the Galaxy fleet only had 1.

Well, we did see Galaxy (the whole kit and caboodle not just Battle Galaxy) hiding behind some rocks in episode 15

Also, in the last episode, as Alto and Brera being their final assault, we can clearly see multiple Dulfim class ships guarding the queen.

Edited by d3v

Where did the name Deneb class come from?

Episode 6, the VF-171R said it when Dulfim fold-in, the Japanese wiki also listed it as Deneb Dulfim and Deneb Kaitos. There are still no official confirmation yet.

The figure for thrust-to-weight is a ratio, not a unit, and is thus an abstract parameter. The ratio's purpose is to serve as a figure of merit in the most simplistic sense, to compare one vehicle to another. Thus, the higher the number, the better (like 10 dollars is better than 1 dollar; it's really that simple). If you need to break it down more than that, just remember the better the T-W ratio, the more thrust a vehicle produces comparative to it's weight.

Edited by Mr March

Hey March don't know if you have come across these before but thought that I'd toss them out here for a little VF-4 love. Can't for the life of me remember where I found them.

Ok I did a little hunting and this is what I came up on the those pics -

_Mr.Shoji Kawamori's sketch to VF-4A(B,C) "Siren" and FAST pack

VF-4A/B/C "Siren" FAST pack page

These image is contained "MUSASIHA Ltd. 1/72 resin VF-4A kit" drawn by Shoji-Kawamori._

-Not my words they were taken from the site that I found.

hobbes221

Ah. Very rare indeed. Probably won't be seeing any forthcoming scans from that :)

This particular item w/ schematic sketches is on Yahoo! Japan Auctions and has steadily be dropping in price for the past few weeks - currently at 30,000 Yen (was initially 60,000 or so). So, if any member or group of members has the funds, you'd have the chance to get the scans.

マクロス◇バルキリーVF-4〔Flash Back 2012〕+オリジナル資料

The figure for thrust-to-weight is a ratio, not a unit, and is thus an abstract parameter. The ratio's purpose is to serve as a figure of merit in the most simplistic sense, to compare one vehicle to another. Thus, the higher the number, the better (like 10 dollars is better than 1 dollar; it's really that simple). If you need to break it down more than that, just remember the better the T-W ratio, the more thrust a vehicle produces comparative to it's weight.

I know it's a ratio but what unit did you use to calculate them. Like for each Kg (or pound) of the fighter there's X amount of thrust in Kg (or pound).

Well, you asked what I used in the "chart", not what I used in my calculations. For my actual calculations, I converted everything into kN and then plugged them into the formula from there.

Edited by Mr March

Question, are any updates to the Macross II section forthcoming? I've been rewatching the series and there's one Zendtraedi/Marduk mecha that I've been unable to identify - a seemingly variable mecha that appears at 14:09 of Episode 5 and transforms in 14:13. At first I thought it was the VF-XX Zentran valkyrie, but upon comparing what I saw with other online sources (MAHQ), it seems to be something else.

Edited by d3v

Macross II isn't a priority at this time, but I'll try to build some more content for that section. I'm currently working on additions to the "For Fans Only" section and some small updates to the "Game & Advanced Valkyrie" section. There are also more miscellaneous revisions coming up for the SDFM/M0/M7 sections and a rather important revision for the Flashback 2012 section (VF-4 fans, get ready).

I'm not really sure what mecha you're referring to in Macross II. Do you have a link to the video you're using?

He's probably referring to the variable Mardook mecha, but I can't remember what it's supposed to be called. No rush with the MII section. Even as a fan of MII mecha, I agree that there are far bigger fish to fry.

Hmm, did you get a hold of that VF-4 lineart that came with the resin kit? ;)

Macross II isn't a priority at this time, but I'll try to build some more content for that section. I'm currently working on additions to the "For Fans Only" section and some small updates to the "Game & Advanced Valkyrie" section. There are also more miscellaneous revisions coming up for the SDFM/M0/M7 sections and a rather important revision for the Flashback 2012 section (VF-4 fans, get ready).

I'm not really sure what mecha you're referring to in Macross II. Do you have a link to the video you're using?

He's probably referring to the variable Mardook mecha, but I can't remember what it's supposed to be called. No rush with the MII section. Even as a fan of MII mecha, I agree that there are far bigger fish to fry.

It is the variable Mardook mecha from episode 5 which I just downloaded today from Macrosshare (on leave from work due to a badly sprained ankle, decided to download MacII since I havent' seen it since 2000). No rush, although I'll probably try to search for it on my own.

Working on the For Fans Only section eh? Got any new ones for the Frontier mecha? If you're open for submissions, I've actually got a few ideas, however. my new rig doesn't have Photoshop... yet.

TheLoneWolf

Yes, it's actually fortune that Macross II section exists at all. I managed to quickly sneak in the MIIsection just before Frontier really started to get going, but it's difficult to work on due to the lack of official trivia and my own disinterest in the show. I used up a lot of my patience for crap building the Macross 7 section :lol: Still, I promise I will build some more profiles. Probably going to do the Zentran/Meltran Battle Suits next and some more capital ships.

No, I didn't get any resin kit line art for the VF-4 (though I am adding some digital photos of that line art set; fan submissions). But there is some good VF-4 stuff coming which I'm sure fans will like :)

d3v

Not sure what it looks like. The only variable Mardook mecha I'm familiar with is the Zentran fighter.

Probably won't be much of anything new in the Frontier section, except a screen shot or two and maybe a rudimentary profile for the Macross 11 since everyone keeps asking about it :)

Here guys dont know if these are worth much to you guys but its good art of the VF-25 and Macross Quarter from a hentai doushinji S.M.S Niyoukoso! *note these images are not explicit they are from between chapters are are mech sketches only

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

044.jpg

048.jpg

049.jpg

It's definitely fan art, but good fan art. We've seen portions of this posted at other websites, but not the whole set. Not a bad find.

Though, the profile schematic of the VF-25 Messiah really shows the proportions are off and the Battroid mode front torso doesn't look right.

It's definitely fan art, but good fan art. We've seen portions of this posted at other websites, but not the whole set. Not a bad find.

Though, the profile schematic of the VF-25 Messiah really shows the proportions are off and the Battroid mode front torso doesn't look right.

Actually, I think that's because the artist got the proportions wrong - the whole front nose area is way too big compared to the rest of the plane. Still, he seems to have gotten the whole transformation down right.

Edited by d3v

Hey d3v, TheLoneWolf, I think I know what ship you are referring to, though I do not really know much about it. In the Palladium RPG "Macross II Sourcebook One" It is listed as the Marduk Annihilator or simply as "New Type Power Armor". The book says it is a prototype mecha designed specifically for the invasion of Earth. They claim it is piloted by a human sized Marduk officer, is 14.3M tall, Flies Mach 8.5 in space ( :wacko: yeah right), Mach 2.5 in atmosphere, And Mach 2 in Battroid mode. Its armament is supposedly 2 lasers in the chest, two lasers in the hips, missile launchers in the knees, a plasma cannon in the nose if the jet, and the large missile launcher in the right arm that launches "laser firing missiles". However, this is just like all of the other Robotech RPG books, and any or all of it could be completely wrong! The real problem is I have yet to find anything about it from a more reliable source. Even with an idea of what I am looking for, I have not been able to find any references to it anywhere on the web. The thing is an enigma, I can't even find the real line art for it, just the drawings Wayne Breaux traced from the original art for the Robotech RPG book.

To try and distill down to what I think is accurate, I would bet is it really only referred to as a "new type" of mardook mecha, and I would bet there was very little said about it in any official sources. I think the pictures are fairly accurate, Just traced and shaded, so some of the information on weapons is correct. I do think the knee missiles and hip mounted energy weapons are correct, though if they are lasers, particle cannons or whatnot I don't know. The "chest cannons" look a lot like maneuvering thusters to me, but they could be anything. I am sure there is some sort of weapon in the Nosecone/backpack thing, and there does seem to be laser barrels in the missiles for the right arm. A weapon that fires Fin Funnel like missiles to counter the UN Spacy's auto attacker bits would make some sense in the context of Macross II, and is too odd (in a macross series) to be just made up. This is all just speculation on my part.

Anyway here are the pictures I've got.

post-8427-1225300718_thumb.jpgpost-8427-1225300600_thumb.jpgpost-8427-1225300513_thumb.jpg

Edited by J.T. Silversmith

Hey d3v, TheLoneWolf, I think I know what ship you are referring to, though I do not really know much about it. In the Palladium RPG "Macross II Sourcebook One" It is listed as the Marduk Annihilator or simply as "New Type Power Armor". The book says it is a prototype mecha designed specifically for the invasion of Earth. They claim it is piloted by a human sized Marduk officer, is 14.3M tall, Flies Mach 8.5 in space ( :wacko: yeah right), Mach 2.5 in atmosphere, And Mach 2 in Battroid mode. Its armament is supposedly 2 lasers in the chest, two lasers in the hips, missile launchers in the knees, a plasma cannon in the nose if the jet, and the large missile launcher in the right arm that launches "laser firing missiles". However, this is just like all of the other Robotech RPG books, and any or all of it could be completely wrong! The real problem is I have yet to find anything about it from a more reliable source. Even with an idea of what I am looking for, I have not been able to find any references to it anywhere on the web. The thing is an enigma, I can't even find the real line art for it, just the drawings Wayne Breaux traced from the original art for the Robotech RPG book.

To try and distill down to what I think is accurate, I would bet is it really only referred to as a "new type" of mardook mecha, and I would bet there was very little said about it in any official sources. I think the pictures are fairly accurate, Just traced and shaded, so some of the information on weapons is correct. I do think the knee missiles and hip mounted energy weapons are correct, though if they are lasers, particle cannons or whatnot I don't know. The "chest cannons" look a lot like maneuvering thusters to me, but they could be anything. I am sure there is some sort of weapon in the Nosecone/backpack thing, and there does seem to be laser barrels in the missiles for the right arm. A weapon that fires Fin Funnel like missiles to counter the UN Spacy's auto attacker bits would make some sense in the context of Macross II, and is too odd (in a macross series) to be just made up. This is all just speculation on my part.

Anyway here are the pictures I've got.

All the data in those books are made up by the authors. There are is no data on that mecha as far as I'm aware...