Engage Planet KISSDUM. Coming 2007

UN Spacy

I hope we're not looking at another Seed Destiny in the making here. :(

Though this didn't have the explosive start that S D did.

GSD had at least a roadmap at the beginning. I'm not sure if Kissdum had one to begin with.

GSD had at least a roadmap at the beginning. I'm not sure if Kissdum had one to begin with.

For one, I'm feeling somewhat fortunate during Kissdum and not during the new Macross take..

This will be a BIG lesson for Satellite: Never ever depend on a single person's brainfart alone and always have a roadmap for the story before entering principal animation.

okay..somebody please help me out. i downloaded the video twice (just to make sure) and cannot get it to play in either VLC or MPlayer :( . I have a 15" powerbook running OSX. VLC plays the audio for 5 seconds and quits. MPlayer won't do anything.

i would really like to watch this. thanks!

Edit: nevermind. downloaded the newest VLC player and it works perfectly!

Edited by xsjado

okay..somebody please help me out. i downloaded the video twice (just to make sure) and cannot get it to play in either VLC or MPlayer :( . I have a 15" powerbook running OSX. VLC plays the audio for 5 seconds and quits. MPlayer won't do anything.

i would really like to watch this. thanks!

Edit: nevermind. downloaded the newest VLC player and it works perfectly!

It does? I wonder how fast it is. Mplayer worked best for me, faster too! (Actually it is way faster than VLC to me, both on my imac, and recent macbook pro.)

If you want to try it, dl the one I posted earlier and just remember to input what it says to in the advanced parameters section. After that, cycle through your subs with "v" and "b" and you're set! Its faster than VLC and does not lag.

That pic is from the recent Tokyo Animation Fair. Mwer SaveRobotech and maybe some other members already posted a bunch of pics a few weeks ago of the girl and the scratch built model of the cockpit mecha, but still nice to see another pic.

Graham

Just saw the subbed episode 1, the mecha animation is cool, but i totally complete HATE the character design, I know this new pc-flash design is the current trend but it looks so LAME!! they look like badly drawn characters...

anyway, story seems interesting, at the beginning I kept reminding Macross Zero and the Asuka looking for the bird human body and later I kept thinking Evangelion with all this 'book of the death', myth talk and giant invincible monster

Given the above cited blog post, I interpret eps. 4 as damage control, and buying time for the creative team to figure out the story.

The smarter move would have been to hire Hideaki Anno to do an episode comprised of paper cut-outs (occassionally set on fire), that would have been awesome.

WHat's there to clarify? Monsters using Beezlebubs appear causing havoc on earth....the scale very remeniscent of Gunbuster. Humans put on a trial by some ancient race to see if they are the chosen ones. Failing this would mean destruction of the human race.

Don't think it needs more clarification.

Except who the cute loli is, and ironically named Rei. XD

Awww come on. Characters dying in the 1s 2 episodes and mysterious ghost girl guiding the hero telling him he's the chosen one is not original enough for you? Gattling gun meld is awesome (note sarcastic tone) :lol:

All new productions in Japan are High Vision (aka High Definition.) It's more likely that it will be released on Blue Ray (or that other HD media.)

I wouldn't expect an announcement about a disc release for another couple of months.

• 1 month later...

Eps. 3-6 have been released:

http://bt.mendoi-fansubs.com/

Of note is the comment at their site:

"I know many of you guys have been waiting for a while, but here it is. We were at a point where we were about to drop this series a while back, and you'll soon find out why after you watch Episode 3. I also want to warn many of you that Episode 4 is a recap of Ep1-3, aka fix for Episode 3."

Hmmmm..... <_<

Is that rather like the fix from Macross Plus to M plus movie edition?

Is the show doing well enough for there to be a model or toy of the fighter?

"I know many of you guys have been waiting for a while, but here it is. We were at a point where we were about to drop this series a while back, and you'll soon find out why after you watch Episode 3. I also want to warn many of you that Episode 4 is a recap of Ep1-3, aka fix for Episode 3."

Hmmmm..... <_<

Man what a terrible ordeal. i hope this story can be salvaged.

Then again, why worry? There is only one person to blame, even though people will lose money, they won't lose out on their reputation.

Okay, I just completed episode 5 and I agree with RDClip. The first three episodes are way too much being crammed into way too tiny a timeframe. I imagine it was thought that this would hook a new audience with a ton of excitement but it seems far more likely to turn people away with a peppered story that's entirely too frantic. What I love is that they then threw in episode 4 which takes the previous three episodes and condenses them into one episode that would be pretty much unintelligible garble to anyone who didn't watch the first three episodes (worst summary episode ever). Episode 5 actually appears to be the first real episode in a bunch of ways with the first 3 episodes just being flashback fodder from here on out. It seems like the more conventional approach would have worked better here where the information related in the first three episodes would have been slowly and carefully spoon-fed to the audience throughout the course of the season (think Trigun where we meet the hero and slowly learn why he acts a certain way and eventually just what exactly he is).

Man, I hate when heroes call out their attacks! "Sword attack! Jump Kick!" whatever... This story will also seem really familiar on lots of levels. I keep getting Blue Gender flashbacks. Really, I don't watch much anime but I sense that anyone who does will recognize this story as just a collage of things that have already been done. On the plus side, it's really pretty at times. I'm not too put off by the character designs, they work well enough. The two mechs are friggin' sweet in my book (2.5 mechs?). Welp, I hope I'm through the worst of this show as I think it has potential to be pretty enjoyable if not exactly revolutionary. Here's to hoping I'm right...

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone who is still following, or intends to follow.

************************* S P O I L E R ****************************

I've watched up to Episode 12, and basically all of Shu's former colleagues who were killed/eaten by the Hadian are coming back to life. Apparently while being eaten by the Hadians, their strong will to survive allowed them to take over the Hadians' bodies, so now each of them possess Hadian-like super abilities. For one dumb reason or another, they challenge Shu one by one, and are of course, defeated. So far, Aguri, Loki and Tohn have been killed off.

Rei seems to be of same or similar origin to Varda/Vaire/Valar, and apparently she and Kyoka are just using each other for unknown purposes. Kyoka's intentions are still unknown, but obviously there's more than meets the eye regarding her betrayal.

The NES mecha no longer appear, or have been reduced to minimal importance, such as transportation.